Judge Amanda Williams and Glynn County (Ga.) Courthouse

Jun 30, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Current

Judge Williams wields a lot of power in the Glynn County Courthouse. TAL uses serendipity to find stories Georgia ramble turns expos Published in Current , June 13, 2011 By Karen Everhart Ira Glass didn't know what he was in for when he walked into the post office in the seaside burg of Brunswick, Ga., and asked the first person he met to name the ...

Comments
1 - 16 of 16 Comments Last updated Jan 30, 2012
Godhelpus

Waverly, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2011

Judged:

I am thankful that the JQC is still investigating. JAW has that 'God complex' and so do members of her family...they all think they are untouchable. Not so...God will continue to reveal all their nasty secrets and lies.
god help u

Roanoke, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2011

Judged:

Godhelpus wrote:
I am thankful that the JQC is still investigating. JAW has that 'God complex' and so do members of her family...they all think they are untouchable. Not so...God will continue to reveal all their nasty secrets and lies.
You don't know what you are talking about. And stop using God in your private vendetta!
jackson

Fernandina Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2011

Judged:

The truth will soon surface. The citizens of the 5 county Brunswick judicial circuit that have not been paying attention to their local judges and the wide spread corruption will be very surprised! Time to clean up the big mess.
sick of Douggie Boy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2011

jackson wrote:
The truth will soon surface. The citizens of the 5 county Brunswick judicial circuit that have not been paying attention to their local judges and the wide spread corruption will be very surprised! Time to clean up the big mess.
So you are maligning all of our Judges now? Be very careful what you say unless you can back it up!!
jusme

Waverly, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2011

WOW! Looks like Justice has come to town!
Gambler

Townsend, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2011

I've been reading forums in all parts of the country. The corruption in this country is epidemic.
If all politics is local, that's where the graft
and corruption and nepotism starts and goes all the way to the highest levels of government and
judiciary.
product of the environmen

Decatur, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2011

take it from a person that was and still is in amanda williams drug court no she was not the most perfect person in the world but at time was fair and i stress at times. am i glad she stepped down yes but only because i am tired of this hanging over my head i have been clean since 2001 of august and im still in the half way house she sent me too because of the simple fact i dont have the money to pay for it and no one really does not seem to care. in their eyes im here and they are not worried what im going through i have been going through this since 2008 yea i made a mistake but how long do i have to be punished for it im ready for my life back.....
STU

Brunswick, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2012

Judged:

Bye,Bye,Amanda see you real soon in civil court. Thank You everyone who helped make Jan.2 Her day of resignation!!
bye bye Alex

Woodstock, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2012

You are next
gonnagetyou rotten mouth

Woodstock, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2012

Wasn't her buddy a judge before that is now a state legislator?
yellow man

Woodstock, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2012

Judged:

It is going to be a great legislative session. Hoping Alex will agree to our interview regarding the legislative delays he has filed in a Union and Fannin County lawsuits in which he has only filed a notice of appearance and not a single piece of correspondence since then. Dating back to 2009!!!!! Please have him contact us as he has disregarded our attempts to contact him. Looking forward to carrying the microphone around the capitol and asking legislators about their constituents records regarding abusing due process.
Purple Hase

Saint Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2012

please sign both if you support these issues.

citizens for moses:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform...

citizens for Justice: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform...
fatty

Woodstock, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2012

In the Georgia Code, Theft by Conversion is defined in 16-8-4. It provides that "[a] person commits the offense of theft by conversion when, having lawfully obtained funds or other property of another including, but not limited to, leased or rented personal property, under an agreement or other known legal obligation to make a specified application of such funds or a specified disposition of such property, he knowingly converts the funds or property to his own use in violation of the agreement or legal obligation. This Code section applies whether the application or disposition is to be made from the funds or property of another or from the accused's own funds or property in equivalent amount when the agreement contemplates that the accused may deal with the funds or property of another as his own."

The code section does not say what type of crime theft by conversion is, and 16-1-10 provides that "[a]ny conduct that is made criminal by this title or by another statute of this state and for which punishment is not otherwise provided, shall be punished as for a misdemeanor."

Therefore, theft by conversion is a misdemeanor. Theft crimes except shoplifting are punished as a misdemeanor if property value is less than $500 (with exceptions). If the value of the items is more than $500, then 1 to 10 years in prison is the punishment.

Read more: what is the penalty for the theft by conversion - JustAnswer http://www.justanswer.com/law/177eg-penalty-t...
coffee party

Darien, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2012

terry jenning probate/magistrate and william jenning chief deputy is next by jqc
sick of Douggie Boy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2012

coffee party wrote:
terry jenning probate/magistrate and william jenning chief deputy is next by jqc
Why because Doug is on the case?? He's a lil power drunk right now

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2012

‎29 cases and counting!
We will be exposing legislators involved in lawsuits strictly for delaying their clients hearings. We are starting in Brunswick and working north come March. The individuals from Brunswick will be invited to participate on a radio show with us regarding this matter. Let's see what happens. Thank you and god bless. Ethics reform is needed bad in Georgia. We will be taking this matter to the Supreme Court to argue how legislators and other attorneys associated with a legislators firm have violated the rights of due process.

One and done fatty

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Brunswick Discussions

Search the Brunswick Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 4 hr Synergy 49,723
What happened to Kim Devore Jul 22 Rumor 3
Review: The Georgia Crab Co Jul 21 faisha 1
Handicap Parking Patrol in Glynn County (Aug '07) Jul 21 Nonliberal 20
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) Jul 16 what 2,045
Blueberry growers go to 'pick-it-yourself' model Jul 11 LocavoreT 3
Dukes of Iron MC Jul 9 Itty Bitty Dick Committee 3
•••
•••
•••
•••

Brunswick Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Brunswick People Search