Georgia - Man Facing Charges After Bicyclist Killed in Hit and Run

Full story: First Coast News Jacksonville

A Brunswick man is facing charges after a deadly hit and run Monday night. Police say 17-year old Justin Youles was riding his bicycle with a friend on US 17 when he was hit and killed by a drunk driver.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of22
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Jimmy Willis

Springfield, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2008

What a useless tragedy. Justin was a wonderful young man with a great future ahead of him. All that knew him loved him and cared for him. He will be missed by all. May God be with him.

“3 words changed my life ”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2008

when will they crack down on drunk drivers? another senseless death at the hands of a greedy, inconsiderate drunk.
Rick the Sleuth

Saint Simons Island, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2008

The local paper is reporting that the decedent is actually Mikeal Hodges. Justin was only a witness who was with the victim when he was killed.
I bet I can guess the suspect's immigration status!!

Since: Apr 07

BRUNSWICK GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2008

My husband owns a towing service here in Brunswick and I have worked wrecks with whites,blacks and hispanics.The thing is that it should be cracked down on.Not saying any names one of the most well known lawyers here in Brunswick has several duis.He also lives on the island so every single race does it.So what is going to be done about it?Stiffer laws should be in play one dui and you should lose your ability to drive,second time you should sit in jail for a very long time no matter who you are or what you do for a living.Obey the law and there would be alot less deaths due to drunk driving.
SUZY

Hortense, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2008

I FEEL FOR THIS KIDS PARENTS AND FRIENDS HE LEAVES BEHIND. BUT THE BRUNSWICK NEWSPAPER IS REPORTING THAT THIS HAPPENED AT 12:37AM EARLY MONDAY MORNING. AND HE WAS PRONOUNCED DEAD ALMOST AN HOUR LATER AT 1:21AM. WHY WERE THEY EVEN OUT THAT EARLY IN THE MORNING. I THOUGHT THAT BRUNSWICK HAD A CURFEW FOR ANYONE UNDER 18 YEARS OLD
SUZY

Hortense, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2008

SORRY I MEANT TO SAY 18 AND UNDER.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2008

SUZY wrote:
1: he was 18, which means he is a legal adult and curfews do not apply.

2: shouldnt the bigger question be why was this moron out driving around drunk?!
SUZY

Hortense, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2008

YES I DO AGREE WITH YOU ON THAT . ANYONE DRINKING AND DRIVING AT ANY HOUR , DAY OR NIGHT SHOULD BE DEALT WITH PROPERLY AND NOT JUST SLAPPED ON THE HAND AND RETURNED TO THE STREETS. MAKES YOU WONDER HOW MANY TIMES THIS MAN HAS BEEN DRINKING AND DRIVING BEFORE HE WAS ACTUALLY CAUGHT.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2008

SUZY wrote:
YES I DO AGREE WITH YOU ON THAT . ANYONE DRINKING AND DRIVING AT ANY HOUR , DAY OR NIGHT SHOULD BE DEALT WITH PROPERLY AND NOT JUST SLAPPED ON THE HAND AND RETURNED TO THE STREETS. MAKES YOU WONDER HOW MANY TIMES THIS MAN HAS BEEN DRINKING AND DRIVING BEFORE HE WAS ACTUALLY CAUGHT.
probably more than we really want to know. dui laws are grossly lax for the damage drinking and driving can cause.
Lisa

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2008

SUZY wrote:
He Was 18 I'm His Cousin I was wondering the same thing when I got the call that this had happend around 5:50 AM On 1/21
SUZY

Hortense, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2008

Lisa wrote:
<quoted text>
He Was 18 I'm His Cousin I was wondering the same thing when I got the call that this had happend around 5:50 AM On 1/21
i am sorry for your loss. i have two son's the oldest is an 18 year old who graduates this may also, and i don't know what i would do if anything ever happened to either one of my boys. sorry about the time difference i was just going by the time the brunswick newspaper reported, but we all know how often they misprint . best wishes to you and your family in this time of grief

Since: Dec 07

Jacksonville, fl

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2008

Well, nothing is going to change until they make an example out of someone. for example, these so called "stars" that get 84 minutes in jail because of "over population."
even getting DUI's is being glamorized these days... how are we supposed to teach our kids that drinking and driving is wrong and there are serious consequences, if there ARENT consequences until you kill someone? Why does it take a death for someone to be off the streets for this?? Havent we seen enough of this to realize what could happen and prosecute to the fullest BEFORE they kill someone? Come on people...
Susan

Dalton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2008

I've vacationed in this area for 30 years. I was
severely injured by a drunken illegal immigrant in this area 2 years ago along with my daughter and her two small children. We are very blessed to be alive. The driver didn't have insurance and never went to jail for our injuries and damages.(fled from the area) Now I see why we need stricter law enforcement to make sure drunken drivers don't go unpunished. The US government should take care of their natural born citizens and stop mandating new laws to protect illegals. I lost my job due to my long rehabilitation which was my household income since my husband is disabled. I pray this never happens to your family.
Dee-Dee

Brunswick, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2008

Im tryin to figure out why was michael and justin out that late anyway.. and that crazy mexican out drinking like it was nothing i guess he was to damn drunk to see that he hit my best friend mikeal hodges and i think that mexican need life in prison he took one of my cadets now he should pay.. somebody need to take his life.. God knows we love him and miss him..R.I.P Butterbean..
hawkins

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2008

let him cook
jennifer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2008

april keller wrote:
My husband owns a towing service here in Brunswick and I have worked wrecks with whites,blacks and hispanics.The thing is that it should be cracked down on.Not saying any names one of the most well known lawyers here in Brunswick has several duis.He also lives on the island so every single race does it.So what is going to be done about it?Stiffer laws should be in play one dui and you should lose your ability to drive,second time you should sit in jail for a very long time no matter who you are or what you do for a living.Obey the law and there would be alot less deaths due to drunk driving.
hello April Adams
jennifer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2008

Hello April its been a while!!!!
morganne willis

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2008

mikeal was one of my best friend.
April Adams Keller

Brunswick, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2008

jennifer wrote:
<quoted text> hello April Adams
Hello
donna

Hoboken, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2008

I know this may be off subject but along with stricter DUI laws there needs to be stricter immigration laws. I

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of22
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Brunswick Discussions

Search the Brunswick Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 4 hr Aggie23 47,536
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) Wed Paris 2,036
Dukes of Iron MC Wed Itty Bitty Dick Committee 3
What happened to Kim Devore Jun 29 Curious 1
Juneteenth festival celebrates freedom Jun 21 Shining Electron 1
More black on white crime (Aug '13) Jun 18 samnammit 13
Birth mothers who answered ads / Gittleman aka ... Jun 18 joanNYadoptees 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Brunswick Jobs

•••