Commissioner indicted on new charges

Full story: CBS 47
BRUNSWICK, Ga. -- The same day Brunswick City Commissioner James Brooks was arrested on charges he interfered with a murder investigation in Glynn County, he was indicted on racketeering in Camden County. Full Story
Vivek Golikeri

Hollywood, FL

#1 Mar 30, 2013
Interesting legal grey area. Did the commissioner exercise free speech, or was it witness tampering? Also, because the defendants and the commissioner are all black, it could be construed that he was looking out for them just because they are black.

This man's approach of those defendants could itself blossom into a parallel legal case. Also, what if someone sues him on behalf of the dead white baby's family? And if he acted in his position as a commissioner, could the City be techically liable?

This is starting to have the makings of a John Grisham novel!
Ann

Brunswick, GA

#2 Oct 18, 2013
Can anyone help me find a GOOD doctor that takes medicare in Brunswick? So far I've discovered 2 different ones that are nightmares.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brunswick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 53 min rename 55,296
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) 15 hr The WB 2,055
Blue Bar/Boondocks (Jan '12) Sun Daisy Dunken 17
Who runs the landscape shop in Woodbine? (Aug '08) Sep 11 magnola 25
GA Who do you support for Attorney General in Geor... (Oct '10) Sep 5 faisha 186
Part 12 Guy Heinze Jr. (May '10) Sep 4 Get Over It 1,185
Mater Construction Aug 31 rodeogirl31520 3
•••
•••
•••

Brunswick Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Brunswick People Search