Has a state legislature abused their power and deprived you of due process?

Posted in the Brunswick Forum

Keep legislators in check

Hotchkiss, CO

#1 Dec 2, 2011
Have you or anyone you know been deprived of due process by a state legislator in the GA courts? Media outlets want to know. We are gathering info for a few media outlets that will running stories on legislative stay abuses that occur in our courts everyday. We will going through all of the county courthouses from Henry County up to Union County and listing report cards in various newspapers and an investigative piece on a local news affiliate. We want to know your story.
Have you been denied your day in court because the opposing party has hired a state legislature to oversee their case just so they can delay for months and in some cases we found a delay for 7 years!
This is cash cow business that many legislators take advantage of. they simply enter a notice of appearance for the prospective client and never look at that case again. the only action they ever take is to file a legislative leave letter with the court. WE MUST STOP THIS. SEND US THE FOLLOWING INFO:
1. County your case is in.
2. Name of legislator you believe is abusing his stay power.
3. Your case #
This is not a joke. We will be running a major news-piece on this abuse and you can send without your personal info or actually volunteer for an interview with one of a few reporters that will be pursuing this action.
concernedcitizensinga@ymail.co m
Thank you
Keep legislators in check

concernedcitizensinga@ymail.co m
franklin b

Canton, GA

#2 Dec 2, 2011
I will check my courthouse stats and let you know. These guy below in Texas were the reason their "stay laws were changed. I will help you best I can. I know of one serial offender in the Golden Isles area that is so bad of an attorney that this is his sole business now of taking on cases and filing stays.
Texas Lawmaker Continuance Count that helped change their laws.
Home No. of
Lawmaker (Party) Town Continuances
Rep. Roberto Alonzo (D) Dallas 241
Rep. Phil King (R) Weatherford 53
Rep. Carlos Uresti (D) San Antonio 34
Rep. David Leibowitz (D) San Antonio 11
Rep. Trey Martinez Fischer (D) San Antonio 11
Rep. Joseph Nixon (R) Houston 9
Rep. Robert Puente (D) San Antonio 9
Rep. Jim Dunnam (D) Waco 7
Rep. Rene Oliveira (D) Brownsville 7
Rep. Robert Duncan (R) Lubbock 6
Rep. Ron Wilson (D)* Houston 5
Rep. Harold Dutton (D) Houston 3
Rep. Veronica Gonzales (D) McAllen 3
Rep. Toby Goodman (R) Arlington 3
Sen. Chris Harris (R) Arlington 3
Rep. Bryan Hughes (R) Mineola 3
Rep. Aaron Pena (D) Edinburg 3
Rep. Sylvester Turner (D) Houston 3

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#3 Dec 4, 2011
Thank you for all of the emails.I can't believe the abuse that has gone on in many of your pending lawsuits. Some of you have not had due process for years. I promise you I am going to expose that firm in Brunswick, Fannin, and Cherokee. Keep up with this posted for dates that CNN will be running the story. I have a feeling there are going to be some microphones in the faces of certain legislators when the session starts in January!

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#4 Dec 9, 2011
Question for the forum. Which lawyer would you hire in Brunswick if you never wanted to go to court?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brunswick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 1 hr silverfox 56,803
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) 15 hr tammy101 2,072
Part 12 Guy Heinze Jr. (May '10) Mon thejudge 1,192
Video Spotlight - A Whites-Only Bathroom on the... (Nov '07) Sep 20 WC St Marys 893
Blue Bar/Boondocks (Jan '12) Sep 16 JMO 18
Who runs the landscape shop in Woodbine? (Aug '08) Sep 11 magnola 25
GA Who do you support for Attorney General in Geor... (Oct '10) Sep 5 faisha 186

Brunswick Jobs

Brunswick People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Brunswick News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Brunswick

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]