Comments
561 - 580 of 618 Comments Last updated Feb 16, 2014
I Care

Brunswick, GA

#717 Jun 24, 2011
I'm not from here, but, this case has touched me deeply. It's hard to comprehend that people like this exist everyday, sometimes living right beside our families............People that have sex offencenes against kids should have to have a sighn in their yard and a special tag on their vehicle.

Since: Jun 07

Urbana, MD.

#718 Jul 2, 2011
Time like these must be even harder for your family Christopher. I know they miss You all the time, but I would imagine they miss You even more when there are festivities and You are not here to enjoy them.

May the Lord help us all cope with your loss.

Bless You Christopher Michael Barrios Jr.

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#719 Jul 6, 2011
Everyone please go to www.familywatchdog.us
Hopefully this will help protect our children from the known monsters. As far as the unknown, trust your gut instint! It is NEVER wrong. GOD bless everyone especially the BArrios family.

Location hidden

#720 Jul 26, 2011
NEVER FORGET!!
huh

Augusta, GA

#721 Jul 27, 2011
Peggy Edenfield's trial in Christopher Barrios slaying moved to Valdosta
Jury selection set to begin Sept. 26.
Posted: July 27, 2011 - 9:40am | Updated: July 27, 2011 - 10:34am

By Teresa Stepzinski
BRUNSWICK A judge has moved Peggy Edenfield's murder trial in the sexual abuse slaying of 6-year-old Christopher Michael Barrios Jr. to Valdosta.

Jury selection will begin Sept. 26 at the Lowndes County Courthouse, Superior Court Judge Stephen Scarlett said in an order filed late Tuesday.

Scarlett granted a change of venue requested by Edenfield's lawyer, who asserted his 59-year-old client could not receive a fair trial in Brunswick because of extensive pre-trial publicity about the 2007 murder case.

District Attorney Jackie Johnson agreed to the change of venue.

Read more at Jacksonville.com : http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2011-07-27...

Location hidden

#722 Aug 4, 2011
EYE FOR AN EYE....Let Grandma at her!

Urbana, MD.

#723 Aug 4, 2011
I am me-deal with it wrote:
Sometimes I wish we were not so civilized.
May the Lord continue to help us all cope with Christopher's loss.

Location hidden

#724 Aug 5, 2011
DonJulito wrote:
<quoted text>
Sometimes I wish we were not so civilized.
May the Lord continue to help us all cope with Christopher's loss.
In cases like this, we shouldnt have to be. These people deserve any and all horrible treatment that anyone gives them.

All that aside, I do not believe they will be in prison long. I believe someone will kill them because of their horrible acts on an innocent child.

Urbana, MD.

#725 Aug 26, 2011
Anyone has an update in Peggy's case in court?

Thank you all kindly.
g-ma

Savannah, GA

#726 Aug 31, 2011
I am me-deal with it wrote:
i only wish they would she would be happy with those bars that protect her nasty behind
huh

Augusta, GA

#727 Sep 2, 2011
Peggy Edenfield sentenced to 60 years in prison in death of Christopher Barrios Jr.
She pleads guilty and mentally retarded to lesser charges, but murder is dropped.
By Teresa Stepzinski
BRUNSWICK - A judge sentenced Peggy Edenfield to 60 years in prison Thursday after she pleaded guilty to five of eight charges in the sexual abuse slaying of 6-year-old Christopher Michael Barrios Jr. four years ago.
The state dismissed two felony murder charges as part of the negotiated plea made over objections from Christopher's father, Mike Barrios, and grudging acceptance from Christopher's paternal grandmother, Sue Rodriguez.
Edenfield, 62, pleaded guilty but mentally retarded to false imprisonment, child molestation for masturbating while Christopher was molested and choked to death, second-degree cruelty to children, concealing the death of another and tampering with evidence. A second child molestation count was merged into the one she pleaded guilty to.
Superior Court Judge Stephen Scarlett, at the recommendation of prosecutors, sentenced her to the maximum on each charge, which adds up to 60 years in prison.
Edenfield, who a state psychologist said has an IQ of 62, made the last-minute plea deal during what was to have been her final hearing before her trial beginning Sept. 26.
Immediately after Scarlett imposed the sentence, Peggy Edenfield's sister, Sharon Phillips jumped up in the audience and shouted that Edenfield's lawyer, Richard Allen, has only seen her sister twice in the nearly five years she's been jailed awaiting trial and had left her essentially defenseless.
"She doesn't even get a chance to defend herself?" Phillips yelled.
Jail records, however, show that Allen repeatedly visited Edenfield throughout her incarceration. Allen attempted to respond to Phillips' accusations but Scarlett silenced him to try to prevent the situation from escalating.
Phillips also accused Glynn County police Capt. Marissa Tindale of spraying Lysol on her sister while questioning her about Christopher's disappearance and death.
At that point, Rodriguez leapt to her feet on the other side of the courtroom and shouted at Phillips, "What about Christopher?"
Taken aback, Phillips yelled, "I'm so sorry about that. It's not her fault. Peggy doesn't even know what an indictment means."

Read more at Jacksonville.com : http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2011-09-01...

Urbana, MD.

#728 Sep 2, 2011
huh wrote:
Peggy Edenfield sentenced to 60 years in prison in death of Christopher Barrios Jr.
She pleads guilty and mentally retarded to lesser charges, but murder is dropped.
By Teresa Stepzinski
BRUNSWICK - A judge sentenced Peggy Edenfield to 60 years in prison Thursday after she pleaded guilty to five of eight charges in the sexual abuse slaying of 6-year-old Christopher Michael Barrios Jr. four years ago.
The state dismissed two felony murder charges as part of the negotiated plea made over objections from Christopher's father, Mike Barrios, and grudging acceptance from Christopher's paternal grandmother, Sue Rodriguez.
Edenfield, 62, pleaded guilty but mentally retarded to false imprisonment, child molestation for masturbating while Christopher was molested and choked to death, second-degree cruelty to children, concealing the death of another and tampering with evidence. A second child molestation count was merged into the one she pleaded guilty to.
Superior Court Judge Stephen Scarlett, at the recommendation of prosecutors, sentenced her to the maximum on each charge, which adds up to 60 years in prison.
Edenfield, who a state psychologist said has an IQ of 62, made the last-minute plea deal during what was to have been her final hearing before her trial beginning Sept. 26.
Immediately after Scarlett imposed the sentence, Peggy Edenfield's sister, Sharon Phillips jumped up in the audience and shouted that Edenfield's lawyer, Richard Allen, has only seen her sister twice in the nearly five years she's been jailed awaiting trial and had left her essentially defenseless.
"She doesn't even get a chance to defend herself?" Phillips yelled.
Jail records, however, show that Allen repeatedly visited Edenfield throughout her incarceration. Allen attempted to respond to Phillips' accusations but Scarlett silenced him to try to prevent the situation from escalating.
Phillips also accused Glynn County police Capt. Marissa Tindale of spraying Lysol on her sister while questioning her about Christopher's disappearance and death.
At that point, Rodriguez leapt to her feet on the other side of the courtroom and shouted at Phillips, "What about Christopher?"
Taken aback, Phillips yelled, "I'm so sorry about that. It's not her fault. Peggy doesn't even know what an indictment means."
Read more at Jacksonville.com : http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2011-09-01...
Thank you so very much for posting article.
sfs

Jacksonville, FL

#729 Sep 3, 2011
Over the years I think I've read these articles regarding Christopher's death 100 times, it never gets any easier to accept. I'm not sure if it was the article posted above or one I read somewhere else today, but the part where Chris is asking Peggy to help him because (they) were hurting him, and she just stood in the doorway and offered him nothing....it makes me cry all over again. I hope they all rot in hell for what they did to that poor baby. 60 years isn't enough, and I hope the other women in that prison hurt her badly every day for each year that she is alive.

Urbana, MD.

#730 Sep 4, 2011
sfs wrote:
Over the years I think I've read these articles regarding Christopher's death 100 times, it never gets any easier to accept. I'm not sure if it was the article posted above or one I read somewhere else today, but the part where Chris is asking Peggy to help him because (they) were hurting him, and she just stood in the doorway and offered him nothing....it makes me cry all over again. I hope they all rot in hell for what they did to that poor baby. 60 years isn't enough, and I hope the other women in that prison hurt her badly every day for each year that she is alive.
Could not agree with you more. In some of the Middle Easter countries the sentence is whatever the next of kin desires. It may be barbaric to our way of living, but I sure wish in cases of child abuse we had the same standard. Can bet you that if that was the case, Peggy would not be alive today.

Urbana, MD.

#731 Sep 29, 2011
Just keeping You on top Christopher.

May the Lord help us all cope with your death.

Location hidden

#732 Oct 11, 2011
To the top...waiting on you to have complete justice!!!!

Urbana, MD.

#733 Nov 6, 2011
Just bringing You back to the top Christopher. Loving and missing You as always.

May the Lord help us all cope with your loss.

Location hidden

#734 Nov 29, 2011
Never that low again!!! To the top my little angel!!!

Urbana, MD.

#735 Dec 20, 2011
You are miss all the time. But around this time of the year, it must be even harder for Your family.

May the Lord help us all cope with Your loss.

Urbana, MD.

#736 Jan 5, 2012
A belated Merry Christmas, a very Happy New Year, and finally... A very Happy Birthday to you sweet Angel. You are so miss every day of our lives.

May the Lord help us all cope with Your loss.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brunswick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 6 hr Synergy 53,257
Help in Woodbine!!!!!! 12 hr Alex 7
GA Who do you support for Attorney General in Geor... (Oct '10) Thu Pfffft 185
might be moving to Brunswick Aug 26 whimzy 1
Does anyone know Jason Carlin (Aug '13) Aug 16 marcuswade 5
Infowars.com banned from Facebook Aug 15 Jeb 1
Part 12 Guy Heinze Jr. (May '10) Aug 13 Get Over It 1,181
•••
•••
•••

Brunswick Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000