Comments
21 - 40 of 618 Comments Last updated Feb 16, 2014

Since: Mar 07

BRUNSWICK, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29
Jun 24, 2007
 
Keona Wright wrote:
That was very nice, very moving. I am so glad to see so many take interest in Christopher's case. He deserves it. I wish CNN and Fox would plaster him all over the screen just as they did Jessica Lunsford, Jonbenet Ramsey and the rest..Too bad they don't do the same for Christopher's kind..
Anyways, that was beautiful! It should be published on every memorial site to him (with you as the author of course). If I make a page for him as I plan, I would love to include that poem and put your email address and name so they know you wrote it.
Hopefully when the murder trials begin we WILL get more coverage. I am going to work my butt off to do everything I can to keep this story alive, especially when these trials start. Christopher deserves the same attention all the other victims got and I will do my best to get it for him. CNN, FOX, NANCY GRACE, ETC.-I will keep writing to them so that when these trials do start they will take notice! Christopher Barrios Jr. and his family deserve this!!!
straight from savannah

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32
Jun 24, 2007
 

Judged:

1

I love to see Christopher on top again, I don't think that any other news story on topix is as important as his.....thanks girls for keeping him on the top of the list....
Alex

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34
Jun 24, 2007
 
I am not good at expressing myself. When I try to talk with friends and relatives, in other states, about Christopher, they listen, but don't seem to think he is any more important than any other molested and/or murdered child. Relatives in one of the larger northern cities tell me this sort of thing happens at least 4-5 times a year in their area, and these cases also get no media coverage. What can I say when people point out these things. Or when they want to know why we think it is so important people who live outside of GA know Christopher's story. They point out they can't serve on the jury or vote for reps. who will vote to change GA law, but some do think we are hoping they will send money to Mike and Paula, and or JCF. They are not unfeeling people, just want to know why we feel it is so important they know Christopher's story. Worse, some think we are very arrogant people to think Christopher is so important. What can I say to them or should I just give up on them?
Straight from Savannah

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#35
Jun 25, 2007
 

Judged:

1

Alex wrote:
I am not good at expressing myself. When I try to talk with friends and relatives, in other states, about Christopher, they listen, but don't seem to think he is any more important than any other molested and/or murdered child. Relatives in one of the larger northern cities tell me this sort of thing happens at least 4-5 times a year in their area, and these cases also get no media coverage. What can I say when people point out these things. Or when they want to know why we think it is so important people who live outside of GA know Christopher's story. They point out they can't serve on the jury or vote for reps. who will vote to change GA law, but some do think we are hoping they will send money to Mike and Paula, and or JCF. They are not unfeeling people, just want to know why we feel it is so important they know Christopher's story. Worse, some think we are very arrogant people to think Christopher is so important. What can I say to them or should I just give up on them?
Wow, what a good point and question you raise...I have not ran into that yet, but I can certainly see where you're coming from....honestly I can't explain why one childs murder is more important then any other, and really it isn't. All I know is that this one affected me more then all the others and for a number of reasons, maybe the first one being that it happened so close to home for me, Bruswick is just a 30 minute drive from my house, and I have lived here for 4 years now and this was the first murder of this kind that I had heard of. But also it affects me because I have read the news coverage on this story over and over again, and every time I read it I see a new way that his murder could've been prevented. This is where the controversy comes in so I will try to make this as diplomatic as possible....I am not one to place blame on people for things like this however...everyone involved (in my opinion) failed this little boy in one way or another.
Straight from Savannah

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36
Jun 25, 2007
 

Judged:

1

I AM NOT SAY THAT HE HAD BAD PARENTS, OR THAT NO ONE LOVED HIM, I AM ONLY SAYING THAT HIS GAUDIAN/GRANDMOTHER WHO EVER WAS CARING FOR HIM AT THE TIME MADE A MISTAKE, ONE THAT MANY MANY OF US PARENTS HAVE MADE AT ONE TIME OR ANOTHER IN OUR LIVES...I KNOW I HAVE. WE OFTEN TAKE FOR GRANTED THAT OUR CHILDREN ARE SAFE ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY ARE RIGHT OUT IN OUR OWN FRONT YARD. SOMETIMES WE FORGET THAT NO MATTER WHERE THEY ARE BUT ESPECIALLY IN A COMMUNITY LIKE A TRAILOR PARK OR A SUBDIVISION WHERE PEOPLE LIVE SO CLOSELY TO ONE ANOTHER THAT OUR CHILDREN ARE NEVER SAFE!If you have read all the articles relating to this murder you might see what I am trying to say. When I heard of Christopher's death it made me hold my own children closer, I stopped letting my five year old play in our front yard with no supervision, where before I would let her play and look out the window on her occasionally, she knew the rules,(don't leave the yard) but when your dealing with a five year old...what are rules? So you see Christopher's death made me more cautious and more aware of my own children. And I use his story to raise awareness with other parents that I talk to....we could all say what his parents should have done differently to keep him safe, but its too late now and I am sure they have already had this conversation with themselves a million times, no need to add insult to injury....but it would be wise to learn from their mistakes, for all of us to learn from it so that we can protect our own children better! Another lessoned learned from Christopher's death....look at the judge that let the monster run free to do this to begin with, or the owner of the trailor park who did not do their research before allowing a family of pedophiles to move in. Or the neighbors who knew they were pedophiles and didn't demand that the police come and make them leave in accordance with our new state law requiring that they not live so close to children....or the ones who noticed little Christopher playing by him self and didn't look out for him or walk him home or anything....yes he was let down in more ways then one, and not out of meaness but out of people just being too busy to take notice of their environment...which I am sure a large majority of our society is guilty of the same thing.....so can we use his story to raise awareness, to petetion for tougher laws against sex offenders ect. I think so, and no I can't say that Christopher is anymore important then other murdered child, all of our children are so preciousem, but he isn't any less important either, and many of us feel he doesn't get as much media attention as he should....its not about giving Paula and Mike money...its nice if you feel the need to do that, but really (for me) its more about raising awareness, this could have happened to any of us...I let my 13 year old get off the bus by himself all the time, and he runs the neighborhood and plays with his friends all day long....it could have been him! If this explanation doesn't work when talking to your cirlce of people then print a picture of Christopher up off your computer and show it to every one you can...I don't knwo about you but to me there is something, something in that little boys eyes and smile that stands out above all the rest...something in his face makes me think of my own children, that innocense, the playful looking smile, that mischevious little look in his eyes that all kids seem to have....how could he not stick in ones mind and heart?
Straight from Savannah

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#37
Jun 25, 2007
 

Judged:

1

1

sorry about all the typo's and bad spelling its early, and i am still trying to drink my coffee and wake upp...

Since: Apr 07

BRUNSWICK GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#40
Jun 25, 2007
 
Alex wrote:
I am not good at expressing myself. When I try to talk with friends and relatives, in other states, about Christopher, they listen, but don't seem to think he is any more important than any other molested and/or murdered child. Relatives in one of the larger northern cities tell me this sort of thing happens at least 4-5 times a year in their area, and these cases also get no media coverage. What can I say when people point out these things. Or when they want to know why we think it is so important people who live outside of GA know Christopher's story. They point out they can't serve on the jury or vote for reps. who will vote to change GA law, but some do think we are hoping they will send money to Mike and Paula, and or JCF. They are not unfeeling people, just want to know why we feel it is so important they know Christopher's story. Worse, some think we are very arrogant people to think Christopher is so important. What can I say to them or should I just give up on them?
Also the crime in its self was horrific.Christopher did not have one offender.There were three freaks that did this to him.It was personal to me for so many reasons,but most children that are muredered have one offender.That doesn't make his murder more or less,but it makes it that more unbelieveable that people really are monsters.And like SFS said it could have been one of my children I live about 2 miles from him.And I would let my children play in the front yard to,I thought I had to worry more about my pool than real live monsters.So this murdre was horrific because not 1 but 3 did this to him.Tat is just some of my opinions.

Since: Apr 07

BRUNSWICK GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#42
Jun 25, 2007
 
Stacey2 wrote:
<quoted text> April I like you page to which is a little dedication to our litte angel Christpher! Very nice, I say don't worry about deleting this page, just go with the flow, try to make positive comments and go on! I think what you are doing is very nice. Some of us "myself" can get a little angry when I feel like someone is trying to defend that monster family. I just can't deal with that.
I get a little jumpy with the issue like so many that love him and donated their time i lived inthe woods for 6 days searching for Christopher.He is a special child.His brotherd were here at my house yesterdat for a pool party and as I sat and wacted all the children play I thought to myself Christopher was ripped from this its not far he should be out there playing with my kids and his brothers it hurts my heart to the very bottom of my stomach when I think about those mosters.Then when I sit in court with them I just think awful thoughts of what I could do to inflict pain to them.Sometimes it drives me insane.

Since: Apr 07

BRUNSWICK GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#43
Jun 25, 2007
 
sorry i seemnot to be able to type today
straight from savannah

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#46
Jun 26, 2007
 

Judged:

1

Don't forget Christopher.....cause as soon as you do there will be another child taken from our world, and we will wish we hadn't forgot how badly it hurt last time.

Since: Mar 07

BRUNSWICK, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#47
Jun 26, 2007
 
Stacey2 wrote:
<quoted text> I like your tribute to Christopher on your page. very nice
Thank you Stacey. I'm trying my darndest to keep little Christopher's memory alive in every way I can. This was such a horrible thing to happen to anyone, let alone an innocent child. Sadly too many forget too soon and loose interest. Thanks for looking and please tell others so we can keep his story "out there".
Anonymous

Brunswick, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#48
Jun 26, 2007
 

Judged:

1

...BECAUSE I LIVED

Mothers watch their children play
listening to their laughter
dance through the air
... because I lived

Tiny hands are held tighter
innocent hearts are hugged closer
children are kept a little safer
...because I lived

Quiet souls have been stirred
sleeping spirits have been awakened
closed hearts have been opened
... because I lived

Do not lock me inside your sadness
do not limit me to my death
remember me for my life
... because I lived

I have reached strangers
I have touched your hearts
I have changed all of you forever
... because I lived

Remember me...
not because I have died
but because I lived

Since: Mar 07

BRUNSWICK, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#49
Jun 26, 2007
 

Judged:

1

Anonymous wrote:
...BECAUSE I LIVED
Mothers watch their children play
listening to their laughter
dance through the air
... because I lived
Tiny hands are held tighter
innocent hearts are hugged closer
children are kept a little safer
...because I lived
Quiet souls have been stirred
sleeping spirits have been awakened
closed hearts have been opened
... because I lived
Do not lock me inside your sadness
do not limit me to my death
remember me for my life
... because I lived
I have reached strangers
I have touched your hearts
I have changed all of you forever
... because I lived
Remember me...
not because I have died
but because I lived
WOW! What a beautiful poem. Thanks for sharing it. I hope Mike and Paula read this one. It is so touching it made me cry...Thanks Anonymous
Wise1

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#51
Jun 26, 2007
 

Judged:

1

There is obviously a lot of talent in this forum, wouldn't it be nice to assemble a beautiful book with poems for Christopher and get it to his parents?

I personally think " Because I Lived " would be a beautiful title.

Since: Mar 07

BRUNSWICK, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#53
Jun 26, 2007
 
Wise1 wrote:
There is obviously a lot of talent in this forum, wouldn't it be nice to assemble a beautiful book with poems for Christopher and get it to his parents?
I personally think " Because I Lived " would be a beautiful title.
What a wonderful idea! I love it and that title would be so perfect. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.
straight from savannah

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#55
Jun 27, 2007
 

Judged:

1

1

straight from savannah wrote:
How sad it is that no one on this forum has taken notice of this particular thread...where are all the parents....I guess unless it happens to you, then its not important.

Dear heart, thank you for posting this thread. There may have been many who read it but didn't respond. But sadly there may be many who are, as you say, unconcerned about what happens to others, until tragedy comes knocking on their own door.

My heart goes out to all those who have lost children to these animals. It seems to be getting more prevalent with each passing year. Parents and law enforcement need to do more to protect the children. Some parents who have lost children of their own are taking steps to do just that.

We should pray for them and support them.

http://www.morgannick.com/morgans_story.html

At 10:45 p.m. on June 9, 1995 in Alma, Arkansas, 6-year-old Morgan Nick was abducted from a little league ball game by an unidentified man. She was attending the game with her mother and had joined some friends to catch lightning bugs. Morgan was last seen standing near her mother's car where she had stopped to empty sand from her shoes.

Witnesses observed a man watching the youngster as she was playing with other children at the park. The witness also saw a red Ford pickup with a white camper parked nearby that disappeared at about the same time as Morgan. The camper is possibly damaged at the right rear, and was described as four or five inches too short for the truck, which has a short wheel base and paint dulled by age. The truck is believed to have Arkansas license plates.

The man was described as white, 6 feet tall, with a medium to solid build, a mustache and a 1-inch beard. At the time, he was believed to be 23-38 years old. Click here to see a composite sketch

Morgan Nick's name appeared on the KOTV News in Tulsa, OK. Her mom is joining a coalition of parents who's children have either gone missing or have been found dead. They are lobbying for greater protection for children from sexual predators, internet porn and abductions.

Our children are the future of America. They all have the right to grow up, free, happy and unmolested.

God bless these parents.

See video:
http://www.kotv.com/e-clips/...
straight from savannah

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#56
Jun 27, 2007
 

Judged:

1

1

How sad it is that no one on this forum has taken notice of this particular thread...where are all the parents....I guess unless it happens to you, then its not important.

Dear heart, thank you for posting this thread. There may have been many who read it but didn't respond. But sadly there may be many who are, as you say, unconcerned about what happens to others, until tragedy comes knocking on their own door.

My heart goes out to all those who have lost children to these animals. It seems to be getting more prevalent with each passing year. Parents and law enforcement need to do more to protect the children. Some parents who have lost children of their own are taking steps to do just that.

We should pray for them and support them.

http://www.morgannick.com/morgans_story.html

At 10:45 p.m. on June 9, 1995 in Alma, Arkansas, 6-year-old Morgan Nick was abducted from a little league ball game by an unidentified man. She was attending the game with her mother and had joined some friends to catch lightning bugs. Morgan was last seen standing near her mother's car where she had stopped to empty sand from her shoes.

Witnesses observed a man watching the youngster as she was playing with other children at the park. The witness also saw a red Ford pickup with a white camper parked nearby that disappeared at about the same time as Morgan. The camper is possibly damaged at the right rear, and was described as four or five inches too short for the truck, which has a short wheel base and paint dulled by age. The truck is believed to have Arkansas license plates.

The man was described as white, 6 feet tall, with a medium to solid build, a mustache and a 1-inch beard. At the time, he was believed to be 23-38 years old. Click here to see a composite sketch

Morgan Nick's name appeared on the KOTV News in Tulsa, OK. Her mom is joining a coalition of parents who's children have either gone missing or have been found dead. They are lobbying for greater protection for children from sexual predators, internet porn and abductions.

Our children are the future of America. They all have the right to grow up, free, happy and unmolested.

God bless these parents.

See video:
http://www.kotv.com/e-clips/...
Wise1

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#57
Jun 27, 2007
 
How can we all coordinate to get the poems together? I am very artistic and would love to assemble all of these in a beautiful book. Heck I write educational materials but would love to take a hand at poetry myself just for this project.
Wise1

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#58
Jun 27, 2007
 
Photos would be a great help as well.
Wise1

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#59
Jun 27, 2007
 
If you all would like I have set up an email address ONLY for the purpose of this project. lovingpoem@aol.com. Please make sure any poem that you write and send is your own work and you include a copyright at the bottom of the page. Include also a letter of permission to use your work ONLY for the purpose of the project for Christopher.

If anyone would like to help with this project it would be super wonderful.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Brunswick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 12 min Oh my 52,217
Help in Woodbine!!!!!! Thu Abby 6
Does anyone know Jason Carlin (Aug '13) Aug 16 marcuswade 5
Infowars.com banned from Facebook Aug 15 Jeb 1
Part 12 Guy Heinze Jr. (May '10) Aug 13 Get Over It 1,181
Did Morenos court order shut down Kingsland and... Aug 3 kazoo 3
Who runs the landscape shop in Woodbine? (Aug '08) Jul 31 magnola 24

Search the Brunswick Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Brunswick Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Brunswick People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Brunswick News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Brunswick
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••