Chicago politics in Brunswick?

Chicago politics in Brunswick?

Posted in the Brunswick Forum

redhot87

Savannah, GA

#1 Oct 30, 2012
I could see this with the Presidential race. I might even can see and accept this with a US Senate seat. But lowly, small town Brunswick, Georgia has a candidate, running for the even lower small town seat on the water and sewer board.

In the mail this week, my family got 5 big post cards in the mail, telling us to vote for Ronnie Perry for water and sewer board. On the front of this very colorful and very expensive post card, it said it was real estate developers in Chicago. What does the big city of Chicago, Illinois. The home of dirty politics. The home of barack obama. What does a group of real estate developers in Chicago have to do with a water and sewer board candidate in small town Brunswick.

Talking with some neighbors, one said to check the candidates filing on the Georgia Ethics Commission. I checked and saw where thousands and thousands of dollars of donations to ronnie perry have come from multiple real estate developers.

I say this because one of the platforms of Ronnie Perry’s bid to the water and sewer board is to expand water and sewer in this small town. He got the taxpayers to pay for water and sewer lines to be laid near a couple of his propertied he has for sale. Now one small plot of dirt, that the taxpayers paid to get city water. He now has that property listed on the market for $5.5 million.

While some in small town, rural Brunswick, GA have wells and septic tanks, ronnie has pushed that wells and septic tanks be gone and more city water and sewer lines be in place. If that happens, more and more real estate developers can sell there empty lots for much higher prices. The taxpayers pay while the real estate developers rake in more money.

Why would a group, 1,500 miles away, in the big city of Chicago, Illinois, not only support but heavily contribute to a small time water and sewer board candidate in a small town like Brunswick, GA.

One of my neighbors said this stinks. And it is not the sewer gas backing up. It stinks that the dirty tricks of Chicago, Illinois, the home of Barack Obama, are trying to run the lives of the taxpayers in small town, rural Brunswick, Georgia, through their candidate for the Brunswick-Glynn County Joint Water and Sewer Board.
redhot87

Savannah, GA

#2 Oct 30, 2012
I looked up the Chicago company that is helping bankroll the Ronnie Perry campaign.

I found this on their website

On the national level, we give our money to those in Congress who both understand and support REALTOR® issues. We look to build the future by putting RPAC dollars in places that will help advance the interests of Real Estate professionals. RPAC is the only political group in the country organized for REALTORS®, run by REALTORS® and exists solely to further issues important to REALTORS®.

http://www.realtor.org/rpac

What disturbes me is they blatantly give money to candidates that help oter real estate developers make money. They do not care about the taxpayers. Only putting more money in to the pockets of real estate developers.

Ronnie Perry, the local democrat, has sold out his fellow citizens to the devil. I say DO NOT vote for Ronnie Perry.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brunswick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Beware. Apr 7 jbk 1
Mr. Burch Apr 2 kywife17 1
Speed Trap along the I-95 corridor in Mcintosh ... (Nov '15) Mar '18 Rachael 63
Drug problem Mar '18 Nonya 1
anyone know tony klatt and his girlfriend Mary... (Mar '09) Feb '18 Judy 18
Relocating (Mar '13) Feb '18 old man 2
News St. Simons sailboat club takes issue with Coast... Feb '18 jcarmichael 1

Brunswick Jobs

Personal Finance

Brunswick Mortgages