Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
Informed Opinion

Fort Myers, FL

#20457 Jul 31, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>Your posts don't contain enough factual imformation to embarrass a chipmunk. Actually, I haven't been part of that discussion. I was just replying to the last sentence of one of Oh my's posts.
I have no idea which show you are referring to, but my personal opinion is that I don't think YOU are a child predator.:)
Hey great.

I don't think any of the authors posting on TOPIX are child predators.

Surely you wouldn't be so cowardly as to imply some poster on TOPIX is a child predator.

You're better than that, I know.

If you know one who is, please contact your local law enforcement immediately.
Informed Opinion

Fort Myers, FL

#20458 Jul 31, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>Keep your day job. Jes sayin'.
Whatever you do, don't fall for that concept called gravity.

Those damn commie pedophile bird-watchers endorse gravity, and you wouldn't want to be associated with that gang.

When

Commerce, GA

#20459 Jul 31, 2013
Obama is going to start "nudging" us.

White House Creates Team To Shape Americans' Behavior.

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/2013/07...
Informed Opinion

Fort Myers, FL

#20460 Jul 31, 2013
When wrote:
<quoted text>don't you mean Drag King?
Uh oh..

Ms./Mr. Insecurity speaks.

If we take up a collection, and buy you an "experience" with a member of the opposite sex, will it help you feel more secure ?
OMTE

Moultrie, GA

#20461 Jul 31, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
OMTE, none of them will ever "pay" for anything. They simply won't. Instead of turning on their own, they protect their own. I'm guessing a majority of the People are very unhappy with what is going on, but we don't know how to fix it. We can all "vote them out", but there are many, many more just like them waiting to take their place. Every campaign is composed of politicians who tell us what we want to hear and then as soon as they're in Washington, all bets are off. I firmly believe that some people from both sides of the aisle have been elected and gone to Washington with the best of intentions and then the perks kick in, lobbists ply them with gifts and the old timers hype them up with all the trappings that are avaiable to them and the newbies walk right in to the "secret" society. The power and perks are just too much to turn down. I have always thought the opposing teams raise heck with each other in front of the cameras and when the cameras are off, they slap each other on the back and go out and have drinks and steaks on our nickel. I am beginning to think this will never be fixed. Hitlery will be Obama on steroids and the Republicans don't seem to have anyone, so.......... A third party will only insure that Hitlery wins and I've already stated what she would be like. Just don't see a very good outcome.
You want to know who's protecting Obama from us? This is a muslim that turned against Obama and the Muslim brotherhood. He knows Obama is a criminal muslim, and he knows that Boehner is protecting him. Obama and Boehner are playing the American people for fools and we're letting them.
http://shoebat.com/2013/02/24/why-is-john-boe...
Inquiring mind

Reidsville, GA

#20462 Aug 1, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Michael Eric Dyson
Michael Eric Dyson, PhD
Michael Eric Dyson, 2012
Born October 23, 1958 (age 54)
Detroit, Michigan, USA
Nationality United States
Education Knoxville College
Carson-Newman College (BA, 1985)
Princeton University (MA, 1991)
Princeton University (PhD, 1993)
Occupation Author, professor
Employer Georgetown University
Religion Baptist
Spouse(s) Theresa Taylor (m. 1977–d. 1979)[1]
Brenda Joyce (m. 1982–d. 1992)
Marcia Louise (m. 1992)
Michael Eric Dyson (born October 23, 1958) is an American academic, author, and radio host. He is a professor of sociology at Georgetown University. Described by Michael A. Fletcher as "a Princeton PhD and a child of the streets who takes pains never to separate the two",[2] Dyson has authored and edited 18 books dealing with subjects such as Malcolm X, Martin Luther King, Jr., Marvin Gaye, Nas’s debut album Illmatic, Bill Cosby, Tupac Shakur and Hurricane Katrina.
Damn.... Thank you.
Princeton - Masters Degree
Princeton - Doctorate Degree
Georgetown - Professor
Published author.
Thanks for comparing him with me.
Is he a Republican ?
I hope so, we can use bright, highly educated, successful folks.
You know exactly who he is from all the time you bow down to MSNBC. You and he fit the bill when described as sociopaths of social media.
Liars to the extreme with no moral code whatsoever- in other words- progressives.
Informed Opinion

Naples, FL

#20463 Aug 1, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>The Right will save this country and you'll owe a lot of people a big "thank you'. Of course, left wing lunatics like you just complain and then live off the teat. Your last sentence shows how deeply your psychosis goes. A republican you are NOT.
Funny how you keep repeating the left wing mantra that Obama has a brain. Runs rather counter to your other claims. How has he proved that he has a brain? I certainly don't see any evidence. Reading a teleprompter does not constitute a great orator, but the looney left wing lunatics refer to him as one of the greatest orators of this century. You left wingers certainly have a flair for hyperbole.
You have NO IDEA what kind of president Romney would have been. No one does. You tell yourself he wouldn't have been good just to make yourself feel better for voting for that screwball Obama......TWICE.*shaking head*
The unions are not happy about Obamacare. I sure hope they'll use their influence and stop that train wreck. They are the reason we are even having to deal with Obamacare. They promised their support and now the Great Deceiver has stuck it to them. I hope they give Obama h*ll.
Yea...

The "Right" has done so well so far.

- exploding budget deficits;
- doubling and tripling the national debt;
- starting three wars,(of course they don't pay for);
- enacting the UnPatriot Act;
- assassinating, torturing, kidnapping and making earlier war criminals look like nice Boy Scouts;
- creating the Great Recession;

And on and on ...

Yep

The Right Wing Wacko motto:

"We screw America - and pretend we don't. "

No thanks.
danger zone

Moultrie, GA

#20464 Aug 1, 2013
OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>You want to know who's protecting Obama from us? This is a muslim that turned against Obama and the Muslim brotherhood. He knows Obama is a criminal muslim, and he knows that Boehner is protecting him. Obama and Boehner are playing the American people for fools and we're letting them.
http://shoebat.com/2013/02/24/why-is-john-boe...
Instead of gunrunning, Benghazi involves stinger missiles. It's the ONE scandal that would bring this administration down. Hillary, too.... Yes, smart folks have known this all along, it's no revelation. We've known since the attack on Benghazi, when Obama & Hillary were both MIA. All we want to know is, who gave the orders to "stand down". OBAMA did & we all know it, just admit it. But then, he would be admitting they would rather Stevens & the others DIE, in hopes of a cover up to SAVE their @sses & legacy. A cover up, it's been, no doubt about it. We've screamed all this from the moutain top, as scandal after scandal, the Boston bombings & ANYTHING else placed Benghazi on the back burner. I despise this administration, DESPISE them all. He's the least qualified, most corrupt president in history. I ask, what legacy??
Clint Roper

Northfield, OH

#20465 Aug 1, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea...
- assassinating, torturing, kidnapping and making earlier war criminals look like nice Boy Scouts;
And on and on ...
Yep
No thanks.
Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong and finally, wrong.

Left Wing Wacko motto: "We are ruining America and we are damned proud of it".

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#20466 Aug 1, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Michael Eric Dyson
Michael Eric Dyson, PhD
Michael Eric Dyson, 2012
Born October 23, 1958 (age 54)
Detroit, Michigan, USA
Nationality United States
Education Knoxville College
Carson-Newman College (BA, 1985)
Princeton University (MA, 1991)
Princeton University (PhD, 1993)
Occupation Author, professor
Employer Georgetown University
Religion Baptist
Spouse(s) Theresa Taylor (m. 1977–d. 1979)[1]
Brenda Joyce (m. 1982–d. 1992)
Marcia Louise (m. 1992)
Michael Eric Dyson (born October 23, 1958) is an American academic, author, and radio host. He is a professor of sociology at Georgetown University. Described by Michael A. Fletcher as "a Princeton PhD and a child of the streets who takes pains never to separate the two",[2] Dyson has authored and edited 18 books dealing with subjects such as Malcolm X, Martin Luther King, Jr., Marvin Gaye, Nas’s debut album Illmatic, Bill Cosby, Tupac Shakur and Hurricane Katrina.
Damn.... Thank you.
Princeton - Masters Degree
Princeton - Doctorate Degree
Georgetown - Professor
Published author.
Thanks for comparing him with me.
Is he a Republican ?
I hope so, we can use bright, highly educated, successful folks.
You forgot to add "race baiting" to his list of "accomplishments".

"MSNBC pundit Michael Eric Dyson, who previously argued that it is impossible for black people to be racist, illustrated why so many viewers are abandoning the beleaguered network when he said that Americans would not understand racism until white kids were being killed in the same numbers as blacks."
"Dysons argument is not only racist and offensive, it completely ignores the reality that black on black crime accounts for the vast majority of murders of black people in the United States. According to the Justice Department, 94 per cent of all black murder victims in the United States are killed by other black people. More blacks are murdered in Chicago every weekend than the Ku Klux Klan killed over a period of 50 years."
http://12160.info/forum/topics/msnbc-pundit-m...
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#20467 Aug 1, 2013
When wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
So after all the babble you put out, you now say you don't endorse.
Glad you see it our way and now that you have.....
here's the link..
You'll see the APA was sucker punched by Rind and others.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rind_et_al._cont...
Nope, not supporting pedophillia is not the same as "see it our way", keep patting yourself on the back it's obvious you're a legend in your own mind.
When

Commerce, GA

#20469 Aug 1, 2013
IO has aligned himself with the view of the North American Man/Boy Love Association using the same excuse not necessarily intense or pervasive to a child.

He leaves out the findings of the APA. Children and adolescents who have been sexually abused can suffer a range of psychological and behavioral problems, from mild to severe, in both the short and long term. These problems typically include depression, anxiety, guilt, fear, sexual dysfunction, withdrawal, and acting out. Depending on the severity of the incident, victims of sexual abuse may also develop fear and anxiety regarding the opposite sex or sexual issues and may display inappropriate sexual behavior. However, the strongest indication that a child has been sexually abused is inappropriate sexual knowledge, sexual interest, and sexual acting out by that child.
http://www.apa.org/pubs/info/brochures/sex-ab... #

IO posted;;
"The Rind et al. controversy was a debate in the scientific literature, public media, and government legislatures in the United States regarding a 1998 peer reviewed meta-analysis of the self-reported harm caused by child sexual abuse (CSA).
The study's lead author ...
controversially concluding that the harm caused by child sexual abuse was not necessarily intense or pervasive, that the prevailing construct of CSA was not scientifically valid, as it failed empirical verification, and that the psychological damage caused by the abusive encounters depends on other factors such as the degree of coercion or force involved."

And left this out..
In the years before the paper was written, both Rind and Bauserman had published articles in Paidika: The Journal of Paedophilia, a journal which was dedicated to "[demonstrating] that pedophilia has been, and remains, a legitimate and productive part of the totality of human experience".
Rind et al.'s model of "assumed properties of child sexual abuse," (that is, of universal and pervasive harm in all victims of CSA) has been criticized as a straw man assertion in that it is both simplistic and misleading

IO posted;;
"In March 1999, talk show host Laura Schlessinger criticized the study as "junk science" and stated that since its conclusions were contrary to conventional wisdom, its findings should never have been released.
The paper eventually provoked a reaction from several conservative American members of Congress, notably the Republican representatives Matt Salmon of Arizona and Tom DeLay of Texas, who both condemned the study as advocating for the normalization of pedophilia."

And left this out..
A series of 2001 papers published in the Journal of Child Sexual Abuse discussed and criticized the findings of Rind et al. Stephanie Dallam stated that after reviewing the evidence the paper was best described as "an advocacy article that inappropriately uses science in an attempt to legitimatize its findings".[18] Four other researchers also discussed alleged flaws in the methodology and generalizability of Rind's findings, and concluded the paper's results were scientifically invalid.

IO posted;
"In September 1999 the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS), upon a request by the APA to independently review the article, stated that it saw no reason to second-guess the peer review process that approved it initially and that it saw no evidence of improper methodology or questionable practices by the authors. The AAAS also expressed concern that the materials reviewed demonstrated a grave lack of understanding of the study on the part of the media and politicians and were also concerned about the misrepresentation of its findings."

And left this out..
The AAAS stated that the responsibility for discovering problems with the article lay with the initial peer reviewers,and declined to evaluate the article, concluding with a statement that the decision to not review the article was neither an endorsement, nor a criticism of it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rind_et_al

Location hidden

#20470 Aug 1, 2013
danger zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Instead of gunrunning, Benghazi involves stinger missiles. It's the ONE scandal that would bring this administration down. Hillary, too.... Yes, smart folks have known this all along, it's no revelation. We've known since the attack on Benghazi, when Obama & Hillary were both MIA. All we want to know is, who gave the orders to "stand down". OBAMA did & we all know it, just admit it. But then, he would be admitting they would rather Stevens & the others DIE, in hopes of a cover up to SAVE their @sses & legacy. A cover up, it's been, no doubt about it. We've screamed all this from the moutain top, as scandal after scandal, the Boston bombings & ANYTHING else placed Benghazi on the back burner. I despise this administration, DESPISE them all. He's the least qualified, most corrupt president in history. I ask, what legacy??
Oh, but haven't you heard, Benghazi is a "phony scandal" just like the IRS targeting is a "phony scandal."
There is no reason to question why CNN was able to sit down for a 2 hour interview with someone believed to have been involved in Benghazi but the FBI has yet to talk to him.
There is no reason to question why CNN reporters were on the ground in Benghazi 3 days after the attack and were able to go into the unsecured consulate and find Ambassador Stephens personal journal on the floor. Meanwhile, the FBI didn't get there to "investigate" for three WEEKS.
There is no reason to question why the administration peddled the "outrage over a video" story (talk about phony) for weeks all the while knowing Benghazi was a planned and coordinated attack for the beginning.

Just like there is no reason to worry about the IRS targeting Tea Party groups and other groups with those dreaded "code words" of Patriot, govt spending, Bill of Rights, taxes, etc.
Just like there is no reason to worry about IRS employees giving confidential tax information of Romney donors to a left wing organization.
Just like there is no reason to worry that a Treasury official notified a former Republican candidate for Senate (Christine O'Donnell) that her tax records had been improperly accessed - and now, golly gee, the very records that would have shown when and how often her records were improperly accessed have been destroyed - oops.

But don't worry, Obama says there is no "real" scandal here.
When

Commerce, GA

#20471 Aug 1, 2013
IO has aligned himself with the view of the North American Man/Boy Love Association using the same excuse not necessarily intense or pervasive to a child.
He leaves out the findings of the APA. Children and adolescents who have been sexually abused can suffer a range of psychological and behavioral problems, from mild to severe, in both the short and long term. These problems typically include depression, anxiety, guilt, fear, sexual dysfunction, withdrawal, and acting out. Depending on the severity of the incident, victims of sexual abuse may also develop fear and anxiety regarding the opposite sex or sexual issues and may display inappropriate sexual behavior. However, the strongest indication that a child has been sexually abused is inappropriate sexual knowledge, sexual interest, and sexual acting out by that child.

IO posted:
The Rind et al. controversy was a debate in the scientific literature, public media, and government legislatures in the United States regarding a 1998 peer reviewed meta-analysis of the self-reported harm caused by child sexual abuse (CSA).
The study's lead author ...
controversially concluding that the harm caused by child sexual abuse was not necessarily intense or pervasive, that the prevailing construct of CSA was not scientifically valid, as it failed empirical verification, and that the psychological damage caused by the abusive encounters depends on other factors such as the degree of coercion or force involved.

And left this out..
In the years before the paper was written, both Rind and Bauserman had published articles in Paidika: The Journal of Paedophilia, a journal which was dedicated to "[demonstrating] that pedophilia has been, and remains, a legitimate and productive part of the totality of human experience".
Rind et al.'s model of "assumed properties of child sexual abuse," (that is, of universal and pervasive harm in all victims of CSA) has been criticized as a straw man assertion in that it is both simplistic and misleading

IO posted:
In March 1999, talk show host Laura Schlessinger criticized the study as "junk science" and stated that since its conclusions were contrary to conventional wisdom, its findings should never have been released.
The paper eventually provoked a reaction from several conservative American members of Congress, notably the Republican representatives Matt Salmon of Arizona and Tom DeLay of Texas, who both condemned the study as advocating for the normalization of pedophilia.

And left this out..
A series of 2001 papers published in the Journal of Child Sexual Abuse discussed and criticized the findings of Rind et al. Stephanie Dallam stated that after reviewing the evidence the paper was best described as "an advocacy article that inappropriately uses science in an attempt to legitimatize its findings". Four other researchers also discussed alleged flaws in the methodology and generalizability of Rind's findings, and concluded the paper's results were scientifically invalid.

IO posted:
In September 1999 the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS), upon a request by the APA to independently review the article, stated that it saw no reason to second-guess the peer review process that approved it initially and that it saw no evidence of improper methodology or questionable practices by the authors. The AAAS also expressed concern that the materials reviewed demonstrated a grave lack of understanding of the study on the part of the media and politicians and were also concerned about the misrepresentation of its findings.
And left this out..
The AAAS stated that the responsibility for discovering problems with the article lay with the initial peer reviewers,and declined to evaluate the article, concluding with a statement that the decision to not review the article was neither an endorsement, nor a criticism of it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rind_et_al
Informed Opinion

Naples, FL

#20472 Aug 1, 2013
danger zone wrote:
<quoted text>I've (most of us) have topics being discussed?
, until I tune you out, TOOO. It's really fairly easy.:)
Let's look:

Complaint-
The #1 reason being he has NO qualifications to occupy the Oval Office & the fact that other POWERFUL world leaders know it.

Analysis-
Obviously opinion, not fact, upon which we can disagree. Look at the disasters that were the Reagan and Bush - and they allegedly had "experience".
But, even if important in 2008, obviously nothing can provide better experience and training for being president than having been president, so the point, if it ever was a valid complaint - is no longer valid.

Complaint -
He's an amateur, remember? Red line? Syria? NSA?

Analysis-
Really ?
Are you serious ?
American troops aren't dying in Syria helping one group of Arab Muslims kill another group of Arab Muslims.
Didn't Right Wingers learn anything arming and supplying Osama bin Laden, Al Queda, and the Taliban ?
Weren't Vietnam and Iraq enough dead American troops ?

Complaint -
couldn't extradite Snowden fast enough, could he?

Analysis -
Hopefully, since Sowden is a great American Patriot, sacrificing all to let Americans know of their governments illegal and Unconstitutional criminal conduct. Amazingly, Putin is more protective of the American Constitution than our own Right Wingers - to them it's toilet paper.

Complaint -
Boston bombing security breech?

Analysis -
An irrational and unfounded complaint.
Let's see how this logic works.
A Right Wing Wacko president is not responsible for 19 hijackers hijacking 4 commercial passenger airliners, flying 3 of the airliners into buildings, completely destroying the WTC, damaging the Pentagon, and killing 3.000 Americans on American soil. Then Right Wing Wacko president invades an unrelated country and fails to kill or capture the man responsible;
No problem.
but
When an American citizen and his brother leave two bombs in backpacks lying on a sidewalk and kill several people, and within days one suspect is killed, and one in jail awaiting trial, that president somehow failed.

Even you can't believe that insane "logic."

Compliant -
That apology tour was a TOTAL failure, a BIG mistake, yeah, that gained him loads of respect around the globe.

Analysis -
A blatant and typical Right Wing Wacko "Straw Man" argument. Since there never was an "apology" tour, it couldn't have been a success or a failure. Also, having seen the millions of foreigners welcoming Obama as a return to sanity in America, that speaking your was indisputably a rousing success.

Complaint -
We've already covered his massive 1 trillion dollar failed stimulus recovery act, shovel ready jobs,

Analysis -
The stimulus was a clear success.
Facts are pesky. Here they are:
- The Right Wing Wacko's $1.4 Trillion Dollar Budget deficit has been cut in half;
- the Bush Great Recession is over;
- the Dow Jones has recovered and any 401Ks reasonably invested have recovered and increased in value more than the devastation incurred by Bush' Great Recession;
- home prices and home sales are steadily improving (up 12% in parts of Georgia and all of Florida).
- unemployment, while still too high, is far improved for most Americans compared to the depths of the Bush Great Recession.

Most importantly, the entire American economic system which was threatened by the Right Wing Wacko recession, wars, deficits, and banking debacles has been saved.

Obviously a bigger stimulus would have worked even better but, as Right Wing Wackos proudly claim - their job is to see America fails - thankfully, they were not successful.

Want to keep arguing facts ?

Isn't it plain that Right Wing Wacko Policies fail.

Wait... When was our last balanced budget .. What party was in power ?

Hmmmmm......

Location hidden

#20473 Aug 1, 2013
When wrote:

deleted for space
Thanks for "the rest of the story."

“Liberals are closet raaacists!”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#20474 Aug 1, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea...
And on and on ...
Yep
No thanks.
Lies. You make it clear every time you post that you are so incredibly influenced by the left wing media. You and Chris Matthews were separated at birth.
Informed Opinion

Naples, FL

#20475 Aug 1, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>Big 'ole Left Wing Lunatic POT-KETTLE-BLACK.
Now, now.

Settle down.

All that shouting at breakfast interferes with the enjoyment of French Toast and that great Florida freshly squeezed orange juice.

Like the nice doctors keep telling you, don't hoard your Xanax, Medicare will send you more.
When

Commerce, GA

#20476 Aug 1, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, not supporting pedophillia is not the same as "see it our way", keep patting yourself on the back it's obvious you're a legend in your own mind.

I was giving you the benefit of doubt, I see I was wrong.

See how easy it is to admit when one is wrong, you should try it sometimes, night cleanse your soul of a little dirt.
jeb stuart

Cordele, GA

#20477 Aug 1, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
Yesterday's call was one of several I've received. The first one I answered, I told them the same thing you did. The "money collector" told me that I would be seeing some changes in the future. I told him I had to see the changes FIRST and THEN I would send some money. I didn't answer any more calls until yesterday.
It is strange that they would even be calling you, since you have previously stated(on this thread)that the republicans "would not have you" because you were pro-choice and were not a homophobe. Or was that before you became so enlightened!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brunswick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
David Perdue is a LlAR 14 hr Sick of Georgia Scum 1
Speed Trap along the I-95 corridor in Mcintosh ... (Nov '15) Jan 12 NICKL 60
What McIntosh/Darien does not want you to know (May '13) Jan 2 toyana 36
feds everywhere (Oct '14) Nov '17 StayThirsty 3
where in Darien can i use draw net to catch shr... (Jun '17) Sep '17 Dvht 3
Jekyll Public Oyster Beds Aug '17 Brief 1
Jennifer aka Snow (Jun '14) Aug '17 Ja nuttz 4

Brunswick Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance