Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia in 2010?

Posted in the Brunswick Forum

Comments (Page 962)

Showing posts 19,221 - 19,240 of47,446
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, goody. Another Lefty claims omniscience when it comes to our "real motivations". Can't possibly be because we are fiscally and (typically) socially conservative and so would naturally be in opposition to one of the most Left wing Presidents this country has had the misfortune and stupidity to elect. No, of course not, it is so much easier for the Left to dismiss opposition as racially motivated - it requires far fewer brain cells.
My, my,- defensive much.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

The Unprecedented, Contemptible GOP Quest to Sabotage Obamacare
What the Republicans are doing now goes beyond mere hardball politics -- and could hurt millions of Americans affected by health-care reform.
NORM ORNSTEIN JUL 25 2013, 9:13 AM ET
http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2...

...Contrast that with Obamacare. For three years, Republicans in the Senate refused to confirm anybody to head the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, the post that McClellan had held in 2003-04 -- in order to damage the possibility of a smooth rollout of the health reform plan. Guerrilla efforts to cut off funding, dozens of votes to repeal, abusive comments by leaders, attempts to discourage states from participating in Medicaid expansion or crafting exchanges, threatening letters to associations that might publicize the availability of insurance on exchanges, and now a new set of threats -- to have a government shutdown, or to refuse to raise the debt ceiling, unless the president agrees to stop all funding for implementation of the plan.

...When a law is enacted, representatives who opposed it have some choices (which are not mutually exclusive). They can try to repeal it, which is perfectly acceptable -- unless it becomes an effort at grandstanding so overdone that it detracts from other basic responsibilities of governing. They can try to amend it to make it work better -- not just perfectly acceptable but desirable, if the goal is to improve a cumbersome law to work better for the betterment of the society and its people. They can strive to make sure that the law does the most for Americans it is intended to serve, including their own constituents, while doing the least damage to the society and the economy. Or they can step aside and leave the burden of implementation to those who supported the law and got it enacted in the first place.

But to do everything possible to undercut and destroy its implementation -- which in this case means finding ways to deny coverage to many who lack any health insurance; to keep millions who might be able to get better and cheaper coverage in the dark about their new options; to create disruption for the health providers who are trying to implement the law, including insurers, hospitals, and physicians; to threaten the even greater disruption via a government shutdown or breach of the debt limit in order to blackmail the president into abandoning the law; and to hope to benefit politically from all the resulting turmoil -- is simply unacceptable, even contemptible. One might expect this kind of behavior from a few grenade-throwing firebrands. That the effort is spearheaded by the Republican leaders of the House and Senate -- even if Speaker John Boehner is motivated by fear of his caucus, and McConnell and Cornyn by fear of Kentucky and Texas Republican activists -- takes one's breath away.
OMTE

Moultrie, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

Oh my wrote:
The Unprecedented, Contemptible GOP Quest to Sabotage Obamacare
What the Republicans are doing now goes beyond mere hardball politics -- and could hurt millions of Americans affected by health-care reform.
NORM ORNSTEIN JUL 25 2013, 9:13 AM ET
http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2...
...Contrast that with Obamacare. For three years, Republicans in the Senate refused to confirm anybody to head the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, the post that McClellan had held in 2003-04 -- in order to damage the possibility of a smooth rollout of the health reform plan. Guerrilla efforts to cut off funding, dozens of votes to repeal, abusive comments by leaders, attempts to discourage states from participating in Medicaid expansion or crafting exchanges, threatening letters to associations that might publicize the availability of insurance on exchanges, and now a new set of threats -- to have a government shutdown, or to refuse to raise the debt ceiling, unless the president agrees to stop all funding for implementation of the plan.
...When a law is enacted, representatives who opposed it have some choices (which are not mutually exclusive). They can try to repeal it, which is perfectly acceptable -- unless it becomes an effort at grandstanding so overdone that it detracts from other basic responsibilities of governing. They can try to amend it to make it work better -- not just perfectly acceptable but desirable, if the goal is to improve a cumbersome law to work better for the betterment of the society and its people. They can strive to make sure that the law does the most for Americans it is intended to serve, including their own constituents, while doing the least damage to the society and the economy. Or they can step aside and leave the burden of implementation to those who supported the law and got it enacted in the first place.
But to do everything possible to undercut and destroy its implementation -- which in this case means finding ways to deny coverage to many who lack any health insurance; to keep millions who might be able to get better and cheaper coverage in the dark about their new options; to create disruption for the health providers who are trying to implement the law, including insurers, hospitals, and physicians; to threaten the even greater disruption via a government shutdown or breach of the debt limit in order to blackmail the president into abandoning the law; and to hope to benefit politically from all the resulting turmoil -- is simply unacceptable, even contemptible. One might expect this kind of behavior from a few grenade-throwing firebrands. That the effort is spearheaded by the Republican leaders of the House and Senate -- even if Speaker John Boehner is motivated by fear of his caucus, and McConnell and Cornyn by fear of Kentucky and Texas Republican activists -- takes one's breath away.
Your copying and pasting skills are impeccable. ;)
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

SUN JUL 28, 2013 AT 08:14 PM PDT
Muslim Author Embarrasses Fox News Interviewer w/ Smart Civil Answers
by Egberto Willies
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/07/28/1227...

Author and Scholar Reza Aslan appeared on Fox News’ Spirited Debate to discuss his new book "Zealot: The Life and Times of Jesus of Nazareth”. The host of the show Lauren Green started the interview with a rather uncivil and strange question.

Green asked, "You're a Muslim, so why did you write a book about the founder of Christianity?” Mr. Aslan seemed prepared for the general attacking nature that Fox News uses when conducting interviews with those with different positions than theirs. He was very poised and non-combative in his answer. He answered,“Well to be clear, I am a scholar of religions with four degrees including one in the New Testament and fluency in Biblical Greek who has been studying the origins of Christianity for two decades who also just happens to be a Muslim. So it’s not that I am just some Muslim writing about Jesus. I am an expert with a PhD in the history of religions”.

Mr. Aslan’s answer was simply disregarded by Ms. Green as she interrupted his response and asked,“But it still begs to question why you would be interested in the founder of Christianity”. Did Mr. Aslan in his first response not state he was a scholar of religions? If he is a scholar of religions would he not study them all (or many of them)?

Throughout the interview it was evident that Ms. Green was not listening to Mr. Aslan’s answers or statements. In the Fox News bubble where she resides it is evident that scholarly methodologies are neither taught nor acknowledged. One wonders if Fox News has ever interviewed Christians writing about Islam. The Christian Science Monitor writer Dan Murphy answers that question in his article “Can Muslims write about Christianity”

Fox has been filled with Christian and Jewish commentators explaining Islam to their audience over the years. Daniel Pipes has been one of them. As has Ayaan Hirsi Ali, a former Muslim who became an atheist (an earlier version of this story incorrectly described Ms. Ali as a Christian) and who describes Islam as fundamentally violent and has written books attacking the faith. As have Pamela Geller and Robert Spencer, who both describe Islam as inherently violent. In the past, it's even had conspiracy theorist Glenn Beck give long expositions of the essence of Islamic law as he sees it.

None of those people are Muslims, yet as far as I'm aware their comments have never been questioned on the network as suspect since they came from non-Muslims. Yet his faith was a major talking point for Ms. Green in their interview. Her first question? "You're a Muslim, so why did you write a book about the founder of Christianity?"

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
My, my,- defensive much.
How original.
OMTE

Moultrie, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

Oh my wrote:
by Egberto Willies
Author and Scholar Reza Aslan appeared on Fox News’ Spirited Debate to discuss his new book "Zealot: The Life and Times of Jesus of Nazareth”. The host of the show Lauren Green started the interview with a rather uncivil and strange question.
Green asked, "You're a Muslim, so why did you write a book about the founder of Christianity?” Mr. Aslan seemed prepared for the general attacking nature that Fox News uses when conducting interviews with those with different positions than theirs. He was very poised and non-combative in his answer. He answered,“Well to be clear, I am a scholar of religions with four degrees including one in the New Testament and fluency in Biblical Greek who has been studying the origins of Christianity for two decades who also just happens to be a Muslim. So it’s not that I am just some Muslim writing about Jesus. I am an expert with a PhD in the history of religions”.
Mr. Aslan’s answer was simply disregarded by Ms. Green as she interrupted his response and asked,“But it still begs to question why you would be interested in the founder of Christianity”. Did Mr. Aslan in his first response not state he was a scholar of religions? If he is a scholar of religions would he not study them all (or many of them)?
Throughout the interview it was evident that Ms. Green was not listening to Mr. Aslan’s answers or statements. In the Fox News bubble where she resides it is evident that scholarly methodologies are neither taught nor acknowledged. One wonders if Fox News has ever interviewed Christians writing about Islam. The Christian Science Monitor writer Dan Murphy answers that question in his article “Can Muslims write about Christianity”
Fox has been filled with Christian and Jewish commentators explaining Islam to their audience over the years. Daniel Pipes has been one of them. As has Ayaan Hirsi Ali, a former Muslim who became an atheist (an earlier version of this story incorrectly described Ms. Ali as a Christian) and who describes Islam as fundamentally violent and has written books attacking the faith. As have Pamela Geller and Robert Spencer, who both describe Islam as inherently violent. In the past, it's even had conspiracy theorist Glenn Beck give long expositions of the essence of Islamic law as he sees it.
None of those people are Muslims, yet as far as I'm aware their comments have never been questioned on the network as suspect since they came from non-Muslims. Yet his faith was a major talking point for Ms. Green in their interview. Her first question? "You're a Muslim, so why did you write a book about the founder of Christianity?"
I like this guys book "The Truth About Muhammad" by Robert Spencer, it was a best seller in the USA. I would have called the book "muhammad is a b*T*h and a queer liar" but that's just me. ;)
OMTE

Moultrie, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

Here's Robert Spencer's interview, explaining his book on CBN news.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Where

Alto, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
World Nut Daily a flagrant yet palatable bias that every Right Wing Wacko will love. This is not helping your credibility except among your admirers.

Truth comes from many places. The repub amendment WAS voted down by the libroids, the libroid rep DID say what was quoted. The law DOES include gender identity.

Other than you slamming world daily, you say nothing about the subject matter.
Silence speaks volumes about where you stand, and it appears you are in favor of child molestation because if you support one perversion, you probably support others as well.
Thanks for playing with the kids.

Where

Alto, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

Really wrote:
Who are you backing for the current Senate race Kingston, Nunn or Perdue? Do any of you know if any of these candidates will be invited to Grits & Bits?

I'm going to look at Perdue real hard.
Where

Alto, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Take it to mean that anyone who believes the lunatic ramblings found in Wackos, Nuts & Delusionals has more issues than just the fact they read, and believe that silliness.

So in essence you concur with my opinion you support preversions that include adult/child relationship.

Thanks for clearing it up for me.
Where

Alto, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

actions wrote:
<quoted text>
Same guy who wearing his Presidential flight jacket on the deck of an aircraft carrier declared we have WON!! How many good people are dead and just how much of this countries wealth was wasted by this man and continues it to this day? All after we won! Its really hard to know exactly, a lot of what is going on today is the result of this mans wars and actions.

Ugly Eve, where do you stand on my post about phedophiles?

Oh my and IO have already shown they support them. What say ye?
Where

Alto, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

Woodsy wrote:
<quoted text>
It's about time someone got back on the subject of this thread. BTW: there are a couple more candidates -- try Handel and Gingrey.

Don't like either one of them.
Where

Alto, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
That may be how you and yours "play the game", it is not how I choose to "participate" on here. But thanks for the confirmation of how much credence your posts should be given.

Zilch,
I think Oh my has a hangup on you. Better be careful, he believes in perversion.

OMTE

Moultrie, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

I love cartoons. LoL.

Where

Alto, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

"More than 19 million whites fall below the poverty line of $23,021 for a family of four, accounting for more than 41 percent of the nation's destitute, nearly double the number of poor blacks."

Average middle income falls from $56k in 2012 to $38k in 2013.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_POV...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

Oh my wrote:
by Egberto Willies
Green asked, "You're a Muslim, so why did you write a book about the founder of Christianity?”....
While critics have had a ball blasting Lauren Green for the interview, many are missing some of the far more important parts of the interview:

"The first question by host Lauren Green on why a Muslim would want to write about Jesus isn’t as out of line as the Fox critics seem to think. It’s a fair question — a softball question — that allows the interviewee to explain away any apparent bias. But Green should have moved on ....if she had been better prepared she could have called Aslan out for at least one blatant and seemingly undeniable untruth.
... Aslan responds:
Well, to be clear, I am a scholar of religions with four degrees, including one in the New Testament, and fluency in biblical Greek, who has been studying the origins of Christianity for two decades, who also just happens to be a Muslim.... I am an expert with a PhD in the history of religions.” Later in the video he says it’s his job as a “professor of religion including the New Testament. That’s what I do for a living, actually.” And to make sure we get the point, he later adds,“I am a historian. I am a PhD in the history of religions.
At this point, Green should have stopped him and asked him to clarify since he appears to be misrepresenting his credentials.
For starters, he does not have a PhD in the history of religions. Aslan has four degrees: a Bachelors of Religious Studies ...; a Master of Theological Studies ...; a Master of Fine Arts in Creative Writing...; and a PhD in sociology of religions ....
Why would Aslan claim he has a PhD in history when his degree is in sociology? Does he not understand the difference between the two fields of study?
Aslan also claims that he has a degree in the New Testament. But is this true? Santa Clara doesn’t offer a degree in the New Testament so he can’t be talking about his Bachelors..... Is Aslan claiming this was his degree’s area of focus at Harvard?(If so, this would make his claim about having a “degree in New Testament” misleading, at best.)
While this is a possibility, it raises the question of how — armed with only a Master’s degree with a focus on the New Testament — he became the first full-time professor of Islam in the history of the state of Iowa. According to his own bio, in August of 2000, Aslan was named Visiting Professor of Islamic Studies at the University of Iowa.....
Why would Iowa hire someone with an MTS focused on the New Testament to teach only classes on Islam?
When exactly has Aslan taught classes on the New Testament? And as a scholar, has he published peer-reviewed academic articles on Jesus?
Aslan’s book should not be dismissed because it was written by a Muslim. But in making untrue claims about his credentials he raises questions about his credibility....
Before anyone asks, let me clarify why I think the misrepresentation is significant. Aslan is not presenting himself as an “amateur historian”...; he is claiming to be an academic historian with a doctorate degree in history. Most academic historians as well as academic sociologists would take offense at the idea that a “sociology of religions” degree and a “history of religions” degree are interchangeable.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/getreligion/2013...

Since: Jul 12

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>It was a rootkit virus that was installed through AVG. It took me several hours to pin-point it and remove it. I removed AVG as well. Thanks for the info.
I used AVG years ago and I always seemed to be picking up trojans, malware, and virus's. I switched to Kaspersky and found peace of mind as I have had no problems since using it. I haven't used any other brand for many years. I am sold on it's ability to stop most security problems. I think Kaspersky and Norton are probably the best. I have used both but like Kaspersky the best.
OMTE

Moultrie, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

Look at these peaceful muslims. They think they own Americas.
OMTE

Moultrie, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

They're taking over up north.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

Oh my wrote:
by Egberto Willies
Green asked, "You're a Muslim, so why did you write a book about the founder of Christianity?”....
And it isn't just his scholarship (or lack of same) regarding Jesus that have people criticizing him. Apparently, he is just as misinformed, or biased, on atheism:

"Reza Aslan and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Article"

"Aslan didn’t do his research.
And that’s just the first paragraph."

"This is an irresponsible piece written by a person who knows nothing about the subject he’s writing about.
Refute him, ignore him, but don’t take him seriously anymore."

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 19,221 - 19,240 of47,446
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Brunswick Forum right now

Search the Brunswick Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) 21 hr Paris 2,036
Dukes of Iron MC 22 hr Itty Bitty Dick Committee 3
What happened to Kim Devore Jun 29 Curious 1
Juneteenth festival celebrates freedom Jun 21 Shining Electron 1
More black on white crime (Aug '13) Jun 18 samnammit 13
Birth mothers who answered ads / Gittleman aka ... Jun 18 joanNYadoptees 1
Blueberry growers go to 'pick-it-yourself' model Jun 16 Barbara 2
•••
•••
•••
Brunswick Dating

more search filters

less search filters