Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...

“Liberals are closet raaacists!”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#1726 Dec 19, 2012
FNC wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard it yesterday on the Fox News Network.
Provide a link. That would be BIG news, so a credible link should be a simple task.
It sounds more like something that would come from Chris Matthews on MSNBC. He sputters and lies about everything.

“Liberals are closet raaacists!”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#1727 Dec 19, 2012
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest you look up the word "irony".
He is seriously the most ironic person on Topix. I, among others, have pointed that out time and time again. I don't think he "gets" irony.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#1729 Dec 19, 2012
Rest in Peace Robert Bork. Probably one of the most qualified and intelligent men to ever be nominated for the Supreme Court. The Left showed it's true colors in their demagogic destruction of his nomination and the nation is the poorer for it.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#1730 Dec 19, 2012
Aggie23 wrote:
Rest in Peace Robert Bork. Probably one of the most qualified and intelligent men to ever be nominated for the Supreme Court. The Left showed it's true colors in their demagogic destruction of his nomination and the nation is the poorer for it.
+1 yes, ma'am!

“Maker of poetry, art & music”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#1733 Dec 19, 2012
ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
And as long as we're thinking along those lines, simply allowing a proper recount in Florida would have made a massive difference in the 2000 election, rightfully giving the election to Gore.
" Independent investigations in Florida revealed serious irregularities directed mostly against ethnic minorities and low-income residents who usually voted heavily Democratic. Some 36,000 newly registered voters were turned away because their names had never been added to the voter rolls by Florida’s secretary of state Kathleen Harris. By virtue of the office she held, Harris presided over the state’s election process while herself being an active member of the Bush Jr. state-wide campaign committee. Other voters were turned away because they were declared--almost always incorrectly--“convicted felons.” In several Democratic precincts, state officials closed the polls early, leaving lines of would-be voters stranded.
Under orders from Governor Jeb Bush (Bush Jr.’s brother), state troopers near polling sites delayed people for hours while searching their cars. Some precincts required two photo IDs which many citizens do not have. The requirement under Florida law was only one photo ID. Passed just before the election, this law itself posed a special difficulty for low-income or elderly voters who did not have drivers licenses or other photo IDs. Uncounted ballot boxes went missing or were found in unexplained places or were never collected from certain African-American precincts. During the recount, GOP agitators shipped in from Washington D.C. by the Republican national leadership stormed the Dale County Canvassing Board, punched and kicked one of the officials, shouted and banged on their office doors, and generally created a climate of intimidation that caused the board to abandon its recount and accept the dubious pro-Bush tally.1
Then a five-to-four conservative majority on the U.S. Supreme Court in a logically tortured decision ruled that a complete recount in Florida would be a violation of the Fourteenth Amendment’s equal protection clause because different counties have different ways of counting the votes. At that point Gore was behind by only a few hundred or so votes in Florida and was gaining ground with each attempt at a recount. By preventing a complete tally, the justices handed Florida’s electoral votes and the presidency to Bush, a stolen election in which the conservative activists on the Supreme Court played a key role.
Even though Bush Jr. lost the nation’s popular vote to Gore by over half a million, he won the electoral college and the presidency itself."
Come to grips with it. Obama won the election. By a landslide. America rejected every idiotic idea the Republican party stands for.
Yes, and now that you mention Al Gore, remember how the Bush-heads were always saying "Gore lost, get over it."?

Now more than ever the song remains the same:

Obama won, Romney lost. Get over it.

--
Gone Too Far / Will Dockery & The Shadowville All-Stars:
http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_115...

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#1734 Dec 19, 2012
...but,also...http://fair.org/ extra-online-articles/who-won- the-election-who-cares/
Columbus Native

Oklahoma City, OK

#1735 Dec 19, 2012
TruthChickn wrote:
<quoted text>
It's kinda funny how none of the arrogant and assholish complain about ridiculous Republican policies.
Bush and his band of theives ran up a 426 billion dollars deficit in 2006. I never heard one complaint from any of my close republican relatives. Now that democrats are doing it republicans are mad. Truth is both parties are wrong for doing it. As an independent I understand we had to spend billions to clean up Bush's chitty diapers but a trillion dollar healthcare plan should have been left out of the picture untill we get the deficits under control.
hardwired

Fort Stewart, GA

#1736 Dec 19, 2012
General Robert E Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
Lincoln asked Scott for a recommendation, Scott wanted Lee, Lincoln approved, Lee refused. Sorry, I have a life that does not include playing minute by minute trivia with you on topix.
agree with you about the 'other life'-which seems to be consumed by trying to win the war(election)with the pen if you lost it on the battlefield.looks more like Jeff Davis than R.E.Lee!

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#1737 Dec 19, 2012
Columbus Native wrote:
<quoted text>Bush and his band of theives ran up a 426 billion dollars deficit in 2006. I never heard one complaint from any of my close republican relatives. Now that democrats are doing it republicans are mad. Truth is both parties are wrong for doing it. As an independent I understand we had to spend billions to clean up Bush's chitty diapers but a trillion dollar healthcare plan should have been left out of the picture untill we get the deficits under control.
Can't comment on your relatives, but there were plenty of us who were not happy with Bush over the spending and were vocal about it. Bush was and is a good man, but he was far more of a moderate than conservatives would have liked and he tried too hard to "get along" with Democrats in terms of spending.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#1738 Dec 19, 2012
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't comment on your relatives, but there were plenty of us who were not happy with Bush over the spending and were vocal about it. Bush was and is a good man, but he was far more of a moderate than conservatives would have liked and he tried too hard to "get along" with Democrats in terms of spending.
Yep, it's funny that certain low information voters think that those that support the right side (although I'm a Libertarian) were OK with spending under W. I certainly wasn't.

“Maker of poetry, art & music”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#1739 Dec 21, 2012
jeanie wrote:
we need all Republicans no more Demorcratic
I say we toss 'em both out.

“Maker of poetry, art & music”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#1740 Dec 21, 2012
Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, it's funny that certain low information voters think that those that support the right side (although I'm a Libertarian) were OK with spending under W. I certainly wasn't.
Looks like we are officially sitting at the same table, Bill, since as of the last election, when fot the first time in my life I gave up on the Democratic party and voted Libertarian.

Hopefully in 2016 we will have a stronger run!

--
"Over You" / Will Dockery & The Shadowville All-Stars:
http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_132...
Yep

Jefferson, GA

#1741 Dec 21, 2012
Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, it's funny that certain low information voters think that those that support the right side (although I'm a Libertarian) were OK with spending under W. I certainly wasn't.
So your idea of doing whats right for the country is to support a candidate who has NO chance go get elected. You don't value your vote and have NO right to say a damn thing.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#1742 Dec 21, 2012
Yep wrote:
<quoted text>
So your idea of doing whats right for the country is to support a candidate who has NO chance go get elected. You don't value your vote and have NO right to say a damn thing.
I am TRULY amazed how someone I've never met can tell what I value and what I don't value. Once again, you're full of $hit, but no one's surprised. And, to tell someone they have NO right to say something, well, what I'm about to type will probably be wasted on you, you won't be able to comprehend it...

Oh yeah, you're probably "Einstein" from a year or so ago...

Go back a bit of time in Topix (if you can figure out how to do that) and see that I was the poster telling people voting for someone that has no rational chance of winning was wasting their vote, akin to voting "present" as the POTUSA did in the Senate MANY times. If you would have seen those posts, you'd see how "low information" you are.

I am certainly not a liberal (I can think for myself, don't need to live off the government teat and believe we are responsible for ourselves) and not conservative enough to be a Republican. I disagree with them them on several things, including religion and abortion.

If that isn't enough to "help" you figure things out, read this part REAL SLOW so it will sink in:

Romney was not my 1st choice for the Republicans. Nor my second. Probably not my 3rd, but most everyone else was gone by then. Anyone who had a reasonable chance that was running against BO would have received my vote.

I voted FOR Romney, but MY vote was a vote against BO, because I knew that Gary Johnson did not have a chance of winning. Same thing happened in the 2008 election.

'nuff said.

“Registered Conservative”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#1743 Dec 21, 2012
Yep wrote:
<quoted text>
So your idea of doing whats right for the country is to support a candidate who has NO chance go get elected. You don't value your vote and have NO right to say a damn thing.
I would put out there, that a lot of people place no value on their votes, from any side, and those that do so, or those that do not vote, are clueless.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#1744 Dec 21, 2012
General Robert E Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
I would put out there, that a lot of people place no value on their votes, from any side, and those that do so, or those that do not vote, are clueless.
+1

I wish we could require people to take an information type test to determine whether or not they're able to vote. Some people are too clueless and uneducated to vote.

Also, I REALLY wish those that have lived off the government for a certain period of time (e.g., welfare brood mares) weren't able to vote...

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#1745 Dec 21, 2012
Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>
+1
I wish we could require people to take an information type test to determine whether or not they're able to vote. Some people are too clueless and uneducated to vote.
Also, I REALLY wish those that have lived off the government for a certain period of time (e.g., welfare brood mares) weren't able to vote...
This is something my husband and I have discussed, it seems self evident that those who receive "unearned" benefits from the government should be barred from voting until they are back to supporting themselves and contributing to the country. And this is not to say there should not be programs to help those in need, of course there should be, but it comes with consequences as well as benefits. There is a quote that is often attributed to Alexander Tyler, writing in the 1700's: "A Democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of Government. It can only exist until the voters discover they can vote themselves largess of the public treasury. From that moment on the majority always votes for the candidate promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that Democracy always collapses over a loose fiscal policy...."

This problem was even recognized as long as 2000 years ago in the Roman Empire. A late 1st century poet, Juvenal, wrote complaining of the populace that voted for the candidate who offered them the most "bread and circuses" (free wheat and expensive gladiatorial games) as opposed to the best man for the position.
average joe

Atlanta, GA

#1746 Dec 21, 2012
Two words= DEMOCRATS SUCK!!!!!!!!

“Liberals are closet raaacists!”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#1747 Dec 21, 2012
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
This is something my husband and I have discussed, it seems self evident that those who receive "unearned" benefits from the government should be barred from voting until they are back to supporting themselves and contributing to the country. And this is not to say there should not be programs to help those in need, of course there should be, but it comes with consequences as well as benefits. There is a quote that is often attributed to Alexander Tyler, writing in the 1700's: "A Democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of Government. It can only exist until the voters discover they can vote themselves largess of the public treasury. From that moment on the majority always votes for the candidate promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that Democracy always collapses over a loose fiscal policy...."
This problem was even recognized as long as 2000 years ago in the Roman Empire. A late 1st century poet, Juvenal, wrote complaining of the populace that voted for the candidate who offered them the most "bread and circuses" (free wheat and expensive gladiatorial games) as opposed to the best man for the position.
Excellent post.+1

“Maker of poetry, art & music”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#1748 Dec 22, 2012
Yep wrote:
<quoted text>
So your idea of doing whats right for the country is to support a candidate who has NO chance go get elected. You don't value your vote and have NO right to say a damn thing.
I've heard that so many times before... but why vote for someone you don't believe in?

As Gary Johnson himself says: "A wasted vote is voting for somebody you don't believe in and there were a lot of wasted votes tonight. There were more wasted votes tonight than I've ever seen. We all should be proud of ourselves because over the next four years none of us are gonna have to say we are responsible for this. I didn't vote for either one of 'em, I voted for Gary Johnson," Gary Johnson said.

Will Dockery: I couldn't stand Romney or Obama, so I voted third party for Gary Johnson... I just hope to see a valid third party arise in my lifetime to break up the corrupt Republican-Democrat monopoly. Both parties are ruining America in their own seperate ways and agendas. In my opinion. But enough of all that silliness, let's get back to what matters... the Local Music scene!

A. M.: I understand. I voted for Romney but only because he was the lesser of the two evils...and I knew if we split the votes it would be a guarantee that Obama would slide back in. Was a disaster regardless. Wish we had a no-party government with a presidential board instead on one man heading it all...

Will Dockery: I dunno... I'm old enough to remember Nixon, the quintessential Republican, and I detected a similar /sinister/ gleam in Romney's eyes. The problem with Obama seems to me that, like Jimmy Carter, he was just /too/ nice for the job of President. We need a real Leader again, which we haven't seen since at least Clinton, maybe Reagan. Yes, I actually thrived personally in the Reagan years. Reagan knew how to connect with all people, a talent the two bozos running this year both lack for very different reasons.

The Third Party will grow as more and more Americans wake up and reject the two party monopoly of Republican-Democrat.

--
Gone Too Far / Will Dockery & The Shadowville All-Stars:
http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_115...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brunswick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Anti-Gay Pastor Found Guilty Of Molesting Teena... Apr 17 Here is what I 7
What McIntosh/Darien does not want you to know (May '13) Apr 14 Showtime 35
Speed Trap along the I-95 corridor in Mcintosh ... (Nov '15) Apr 14 Showtime 32
News Melvin Shares Life Story in Young Stranger Apr 12 Greg B 1
Creative Landscaping Mar 31 Stole from me 1
Part 12 Guy Heinze Jr. (May '10) Mar '17 Meme 1,227
ex sheriff bennett Mar '17 in the know 1

Brunswick Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Brunswick Mortgages