Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia in 2010?

Posted in the Brunswick Forum

Comments (Page 792)

Showing posts 15,821 - 15,840 of47,967
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jul 12

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

danger zone wrote:
There's ONLY a zillion links arguing whether the Recovery Act provided economic stimulus or why it FAILED. Here's just one from Obama's Chicago.
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2011-06-30...
Interesting article. I am just curious and want to know where did all the money really go?
No sense in moving your money off shore. Just ask the people that handled all that stimulus money how they managed to move and hide all that money.
danger zone

Ellenwood, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Bigdave1 wrote:
Anyone besides me notice that the NSA-Snowden media story has become really quiet. Anything that makes Obama look weak or shows him in a bad light is suddenly placed out of sight, so therefore out of mind.
It is a shame that President Obama has so little respect in the world that all these so called countries he said that are working with us, are giving him the finger.
Putin made it clear he wouldn't bow to Obama, then Obama gave some stupid explanation on why he "wouldn't scramble jets" to Moscow.... I mean, scrambling jets for a NSA whistleblower after failing to scramble jets to our US embassy while under attack, would look rather foolish. Putin wouldn't have handed Snowden over, anyway.... Yes, China & Russia have given Obama the finger & the SHAFT.

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Just another high tech device to track your movements and whereabouts.
My advice to all you people out there having secret love affairs. Start walking and leave your cell phones at home.

http://cironline.org/reports/license-plate-re...
Informed Opinion

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>At least he didn't plead the Fifth,
that would've PROVEN his guilt.
He just proved that he's either a complete idiot, mentally damaged, or just a huge liar to claim on the record that he is incapable of recalling his own life.

Wait ....

He's a Right Wing Wacko so we know its probably all three.
Informed Opinion

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>How Should the Stimulus Have Been Different?
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/oral-...

"I certainly did not count on the kind of opposition that would come to more stimulus."
Christina Romer, Chair, Council of Economic Advisers (2009-10)

Two parts of it that other people complain about now: We talked to Professor [Joseph] Stiglitz a week ago, he being one of them [who was] saying that the numbers were not big enough, or maybe they were big enough, but they needed to be built in so that it would happen for two or three years in a row that you didn't have to go back to the trough, because the political reality was that you were never going to be able to go back. Was there a mistake made on that level?

I think perhaps. I mean, a natural way that an economist approaches a problem is to say, here's where I think the economy is going; this is what we need to deal with the problem. And if we're wrong, if it turns out the economy is headed in a much worse direction than we thought, then you'll go back to Congress, and you'll get another shot of aid for the economy.

And that, in an ideal world, has got to be the sensible way to do it, to say, let me make my best guess. Let's do what we think is right now, and if it's not enough or if it's too much, we can reoptimize.

And I certainly did not count on the kind of opposition that would come to more stimulus. I think that the usual presumption is, if you go to Congress, they're always happy to pass a tax cut or to pass more infrastructure and things. So that had certainly been the norm.

So this idea that we all should have known that we only got one shot, that certainly isn't what's been true in history. I mean, it is the case that that was very much the problem here, that when you go back and you say, "Well, what we did with the Recovery Act was good. It was helpful. It helped to turn the economy around, and it turned out the situation was worse than we thought it was, so we need more," Congress says: "Forget it. Obviously the fiscal stimulus didn't work; that's why you're coming back. So you can't have more." And that is deeply unfortunate.
That damn stimulus.... when Right Wing Wackos weren't busy slurping up and demanding more of that money..... they opposed that thing.

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

danger zone wrote:
A few sentences from a letter to Sec. US State Dept, John Kerry, from Daryl Issa. Just two days ago...
I respect the witness's interest in preparing to answer the committee's questions; however, I am concerned that waiting weeks or months while the Dept. prepares witnesses to be interviewed risks that their testimony will have been rehearsed or coached. It does not require weeks of preparation to answer truthfully.
Benghazi isn't going away... DON'T touch that dial.
Benghazi may not be going away, but either are the lies from this administration.
danger zone

Ellenwood, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Benghazi may not be going away, but either are the lies from this administration.
I agree, we've lost count of all the lies, so we understand a bit more on why Obama's administration stonewalls on providing more answers. They've lost count, too.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
You are such a joke...
"more credibility than just another Daily Kos contributer"
Let's see, here's the link to the original article:
WED JUN 26, 2013 AT 11:58 AM PDT
Here's how Darrell Issa manufactured the IRS 'scandal'
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/06/26/1219...
At this article we will find this information:
The Treasury inspector general (IG) whose report helped drive the IRS targeting controversy says it limited its examination to conservative groups because of a request from House Republicans.
A spokesman for Russell George, Treasury’s inspector general for tax administration, said they were asked by House Oversight Chairman Darrell Issa (R-Calif.)“to narrowly focus on Tea Party organizations.”
The source of which is clearly referenced as:
IG: Audit of IRS actions limited to Tea Party groups at GOP request
By Bernie Becker - 06/25/13 08:11 PM ET
http://thehill.com/blogs/on-the-money/domesti...
Which is not "just another Daily Kos contributer"
So, we've got Issa releasing partial transcripts (chery picking), and we've got Issa requesting a narrowly focused investigation (more cherry picking).
And I've got to wonder if you even read the Washington Times article because the last paragraph calls the IGs latest comments into question.
Frankly, all of these groups should receive intense scrutiny cause they're seeking this status in order to shield the identity of their donors. They should be asked to produce what materials they make available, what speeches they made, document their activities in detail, and the 100 other piddling questions.
Joke's on you.

"limited its examination to conservative groups because of a request from House Republicans." -
Are you really that dense? Conservative groups were being targeted and were still waiting for approval after 3 years in some cases. They asked for help from their congressmen. So sorry that you don't see the logic of asking for the IG to audit targeting of conservative groups when conservative groups are the ones with the evidence of being targeted.
"Oh, by the way Mr. IG, we haven't received any complaints from liberal groups, so why don't you investigate why liberal groups are being targeted "- yeah, I guess from your biased point of view that would make perfect sense.

And I read the article, did you? Mr Levin's comments came after he already had a letter from Mr George stating again that progressive groups were not targeted.
"we did not find evidence that the criteria you identified, labeled “Progressives,” were used by the IRS to select potential political cases during the 2010 to 2012 timeframe we audited,” Inspector General J. Russell George said."

But Mr Levin is going to keep butting that stump and trying to create the fiction that "progressive" were subjected to just as much scrutiny as the conservative groups. So don't worry, I guess you'll have more idiocy from him to post later.

And if the criteria you want is applied EQUALLY- fine - but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

danger zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, we've lost count of all the lies, so we understand a bit more on why Obama's administration stonewalls on providing more answers. They've lost count, too.
Of all the scandals, Benghazi will be the most damaging and dangerous to Hillary Clinton and the Obama Presidency. Believe me, they know it.

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

How about the government watching Americans credit cards? Think that this will be the next daily scandal?

http://www.wnd.com/2013/06/now-obama-watching...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
But wait, from the last paragraph...
"Rep. Sander M. Levin of Michigan, ranking Democrat on the House Ways and Means Committee, said Mr. George’s latest statement contradicts the auditor’s earlier findings."
Don't touch that dial...
Only in Mr Levin's poor, deluded little mind.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Of all the scandals, Benghazi will be the most damaging and dangerous to Hillary Clinton and the Obama Presidency. Believe me, they know it.
I would agree with you, the other scandals, as significant as they are, especially when it comes to the abuses of power, pale when you realize that based on the information we currently have - this administration was willing to gamble with the lives of all those at the consulate in order to serve some purpose we still are not clear on. Was it to perpetuate the fiction that "Osama is dead and al-Qaeda is on the run" or was it to not bring light on the fact that arms that had been supplied to Gaddafi were now in the hands of al-Qaeda linked groups or for other reasons we don't yet know?

And it was the administration itself that created the scandal when it told Susan Rice to go on the talk shows and lie. And thanks to Obama naming her National Security Advisor, it is my understanding she can no longer be subpoenaed - how convenient.
danger zone

Ellenwood, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, yes, they know it.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

When wrote:
<quoted text>
The Episcopal Church derived from the “Church of England.”
In its modern form, the church dates from the English Reformation of the 16th century, when royal supremacy was established and the authority of the papacy was repudiated.
Thomas Cromwell was one of the strongest advocates of the English Reformation. He helped to engineer an annulment of the king's marriage to the Spanish princess Catherine of Aragon, in order to allow Henry to marry his mistress Anne Boleyn. After failure to obtain approval from the Pope, in 1534 parliament endorsed the king's claim to be head of a breakaway Church of England, and Cromwell supervised the new church from the unique posts of vicegerent in spirituals and vicar general.
During his rise, Cromwell made many enemies, especially among the conservative faction at court. He fell from power after arranging the king's marriage to a German princess, Anne of Cleves. Cromwell hoped that the marriage would breathe fresh life into the Reformation in England, but it turned into a disaster for Cromwell and ended in annulment just six months later. Cromwell was arraigned under a bill of attainder and executed for treason and heresy on Tower Hill on 28 July 1540. The king later expressed regret at the loss of his chief minister.
And like in the time of King Henry VIII,(all to satisfy his sexual urge for another woman), today the Episcopal Church,(all to satisfy the homosexual urges), declare support for Homosexual marriages.
Always dependent on government money to exist, it fell into hard times after “The "American Revolution left the Anglican parishes shattered, stripped of most of their financial support, weakened by the flight of many clergy and thousands of members, with a number of buildings destroyed and property lost," wrote Powell Mills Dawley in Our Christian Heritage (Morehouse-Gorham, 1959).”
After the American Revolution, support for the Society for the Propagation of the Gospel was cut off, and public support of churches was withdrawn because of newly accepted principle of separation of church and state.
But in 2011, the Episcopal Church,(specifically the National Cathedral), is now back in high cotton, receiving federal tax dollars to continue in their excess of supporting sexual deviants.
Sounds pretty liberal to ME. OMTE, what do you think abou this?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Aggie23 wrote:
Looks like the report Obama wanted on gun violence has backfired on him a little. Looks like law abiding citizens with legal guns actually do save lives.
All joking aside, if you look at the facts as given in this report you will see how the hysteria over gun control truly is a product of media misinformation. I was stunned to see how disingenuously gun violence is reported. When gun control advocates throw out the numbers of gun deaths, they never tell you that those numbers include suicides, criminals killed by police or criminals killed by potential victims - they present the numbers as though all the people they talk about are innocent victims killed by criminals.
When Bloomberg went around on his little gun control tour where they read a list of "victims" of gun violence killed since Newtown, they included those same criminals - including the Boston Marathon bomber.
We can debate gun violence and gun control all you want, but at least be honest about it - oh, silly me - expecting the left to be honest and the mainstream media to be unbiased in their reporting.
http://www.infowars.com/woops-obama-ordered-g...
http://www.nap.edu/openbook.php...
There is no level too low for them to stoop in order to try to influence people to their way of freedom destroying thinking. Appalling.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Aggie23 wrote:
Looks like the report Obama wanted on gun violence has backfired on him a little. Looks like law abiding citizens with legal guns actually do save lives.
All joking aside, if you look at the facts as given in this report you will see how the hysteria over gun control truly is a product of media misinformation. I was stunned to see how disingenuously gun violence is reported. When gun control advocates throw out the numbers of gun deaths, they never tell you that those numbers include suicides, criminals killed by police or criminals killed by potential victims - they present the numbers as though all the people they talk about are innocent victims killed by criminals.
When Bloomberg went around on his little gun control tour where they read a list of "victims" of gun violence killed since Newtown, they included those same criminals - including the Boston Marathon bomber.
We can debate gun violence and gun control all you want, but at least be honest about it - oh, silly me - expecting the left to be honest and the mainstream media to be unbiased in their reporting.
http://www.infowars.com/woops-obama-ordered-g...
Bet these people were GLAD someone had a gun. This is unreal.
http://www.foxsportssouth.com/fox-sports-netw...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope
Paying attention.
Seems that we can all locate data demonstrating that someone agrees with our position.
The fact that Issa has a history of being a Right Wing Wacko scheming amoral corporate tool, bought by war profiteers years ago, who refuses to release entire transcripts, says it all for me.
More importantly, Right Wingers fixated on their newest shiny object and ignoring the actual destruction of our Constitution by Bush and Obama, bore me.
Nobody cares about the IRS "investigation" any more than anyone cared whether Clinton hit laid - it's just a shiny distraction from actual issues.
Nobody Cares??????? Don't YOU care?
BTW, it seems A LOT of people care. I don't know why you would even suggest that no one cares. That's ridiculous. You SHOULD care.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Nudge us when the House's investigation into how we were lied into the Iraq War that costs 5,000 American Troops their lives, and a $6 Trillion Dollar debt and we'll be interested.
Oh wait ....
Sorry, I forgot.. 2001 to 2009 never occurred in Right Wing World.
You're right, Libroid. 2001 to 2009 never happened. NOW WILL YOU MOVE ON????????

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody Cares??????? Don't YOU care?
BTW, it seems A LOT of people care. I don't know why you would even suggest that no one cares. That's ridiculous. You SHOULD care.
Nah, doesn't fit in his nice little land of make believe. He has his own little "happy place" and he prefers it to the reality most of the rest of us live in.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

guest wrote:
"Frankly, all of these groups should receive intense scrutiny cause they're seeking this status in order to shield the identity of their donors. They should be asked to produce what materials they make available, what speeches they made, document their activities in detail, and the 100 other piddling questions."-'Oh my'
Damn straight. Tax exempt for "charity"? ROFLMFAO
They are political by nature…..AND everybody knows it.
The RW fundies can't win for losing. Their Obama which hunt has failed and they won't get to see a public hanging, aaawww so sad. DOMA is unconstitutional and they can't do a thing about it, aaawww so sad. Poooorrrrrr fundies their world is crumbling around them and all they have is their hate filled tantrums to pacify their troubled souls, aaaawwww so sad…….
Me, I'm laughing my a** off.
You're so thsmart. Duhhhh. Wish we could all be you. rotfl

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 15,821 - 15,840 of47,967
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Brunswick Discussions

Search the Brunswick Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) 8 hr marvinstevens 2,040
Blueberry growers go to 'pick-it-yourself' model Jul 11 LocavoreT 3
Dukes of Iron MC Jul 9 Itty Bitty Dick Committee 3
What happened to Kim Devore Jun 29 Curious 1
Juneteenth festival celebrates freedom Jun 21 Shining Electron 1
More black on white crime (Aug '13) Jun 18 samnammit 13
Birth mothers who answered ads / Gittleman aka ... Jun 18 joanNYadoptees 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Brunswick Jobs

•••