Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia in 2010?

Posted in the Brunswick Forum

Comments (Page 769)

Showing posts 15,361 - 15,380 of47,391
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

In case I didn't make it clear in the post above - My point when I said:

" I have no IDEA whey we take in so many foreign students into our universities. We teach them how to build nuclear power plants, weapons, satellites and everything else. Let them get educated in their own countries."

is that we're devaluing American knowledge. If the rest of the world isn't educated here - and they can't stay on the cutting edge - then those countries need the services of people who DO have that type of infrastructure - thus creating demand for American ingenuity and products.
billybob

Dahlonega, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
No. YOU left wing looneys DO NOT want to do anything MORE in regard to securing the border. I believe the exact words on the news were,"We aren't going to do anything else with border security". Now, does THAT makes sense to you? Let me ask you this: If the border isn't secured, however a plan is put in place in regard to gaining citizenship, how will the MAJOR influx of people be controlled? You are so worried about our natural resources, how will they not be ravaged? What is the problem with securing the borders, THEN instituting the path to citizenship and let the illegals who are already here become legalized and start paying taxes? You liberals are absolutely INSANE. Do you not see how YOUR quality of life will be affected by your clueless comprehension of this?
You do know there is a bill making its way toward the house that is the total opposite of the tripe you posted. You do realize the path to citizenship is for the ones what have built a life in this county and supported it in many ways, including paying taxes. What major influx of citizenship is going to occur with increased border security and a pathway to citizenship for people who have already made a life here, doing jobs people like you refuse to do for wages people like you refuse to take?? A pathway to citizenship is not for everyone that looks like a Mexican, you do know that don't you, I sure hope so. But it seems like you are off in a world created by your mind, such as it is.

Please explain how my or even your quality of life will be affected by putting up barriers and adding more security along the Mexican border. How is providing a PATHWAY to citizenship for people who already live and work here is going to affect your quality of life, please let us know.
jeb stuart

Cordele, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

What wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you contribute in real life? Or is your life off topix lived in a daze?
matter o fact, I do. I help my neighbors, I help my kin, I just try to do the little things that matter to some- btw, what do you do ?
What

Toccoa, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

billybob wrote:
<quoted text>
You do know there is a bill making its way toward the house that is the total opposite of the tripe you posted. You do realize the path to citizenship is for the ones what have built a life in this county and supported it in many ways, including paying taxes. What major influx of citizenship is going to occur with increased border security and a pathway to citizenship for people who have already made a life here, doing jobs people like you refuse to do for wages people like you refuse to take?? A pathway to citizenship is not for everyone that looks like a Mexican, you do know that don't you, I sure hope so. But it seems like you are off in a world created by your mind, such as it is.
Please explain how my or even your quality of life will be affected by putting up barriers and adding more security along the Mexican border. How is providing a PATHWAY to citizenship for people who already live and work here is going to affect your quality of life, please let us know.

You haven't responded to my post about the EPA failing to do their job. When are you going to address that issue.
What

Toccoa, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>matter o fact, I do. I help my neighbors, I help my kin, I just try to do the little things that matter to some- btw, what do you do ?

Pretty much the same. Family first, neighbors next, then the community.
OMTE

Fitzgerald, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

ChicknButt wrote:
" I have no IDEA whey we take in so many foreign students into our universities. We teach them how to build nuclear power plants, weapons, satellites and everything else. Let them get educated in their own countries."
is that we're devaluing American knowledge. If the rest of the world isn't educated here - and they can't stay on the cutting edge - then those countries need the services of people who DO have that type of infrastructure - thus creating demand for American ingenuity and products.
Well it's good to hear from ya. I was startin to think "bored" done knocked you off. LoL. Just playin.
jeb stuart

Cordele, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

What wrote:
<quoted text>
yet still you refuse to answer the question- WHO do YOU help ??

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your for a bill if the borders are secured. Our borders should already be secured regardless. Border security is just another talking point to confuse the American people and the whole immigration issue. Well that is never going to happen and you know it. The only way to defuse the whole thing is to force the government to obey the laws on the books now. We need to start all over and not allow Illegal aliens to take American jobs or American government benefits.
The illegals that are now here are criminals as they purposely entered this country illegally. It is said that they just wanted a better life and to have some wealth. Well so does a bank robber. They are both criminals. People will say that the illegals just want to feed their poor family. Well so do some bank robbers. Would it be less of a crime if the robber robbed a Seven Eleven convenience store instead of a bank? It is still a crime.
The government has been using the 11 million illegal alien numbers for the last 20 years. Anyone with common sense knows that these figures are not true. There have been many reports of late that say 30 to 40 million illegal aliens are now in this country.
All this immigration bill is for is to make 30 to 40 million illegal aliens legal. Why not be honest about it and just say that? If the politicians did,they know the public would not approve of it
I am against any immigration bill and want these illegal aliens to go back to their country and enter the United States legally and abide by the U.S. immigration laws. They are no better than any other person from any other country in the world that wishes to become a U.S. citizen. Many are Mexican and other Latin American countries but there are also people from many other countries here illegally. Makes no difference to me.
Politicians need to quit sugar coating the whole issue and stop acting like they are trying to help the poor down trodden. They are helping themselves and big business.
I think I wasn't clear, but I also was falling into the "an immigration bill is inevitable" trap. I want the borders secure regardless, it is asinine that we do not have an enforceable border. Forget the illegal workers for now, considering the threat from radical Islamists, there is no excuse for our elected officials to have not made the border a major priority after 9/11. That is how the argument should have been framed all along - not as a matter of keeping illegal aliens out, but a matter of keeping those who would do us harm out. The rest would be simply a side benefit.

And for those who decry a secure border as somehow being cruel and hateful - how about we just take the same approach to our southern border and illegals as Mexico does to its southern border and its illegals:
http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/344042...
jeb stuart

Cordele, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

What wrote:
<quoted text>
SOS, Just a bunch of ner'do wells(syns word), they do not feel hunger, cold or thirst, huh.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
My only thought on immigration is that any bill that does not first secure the border is nothing but smoke and mirrors to grant amnesty. I do not know if the Cornyn amendment was the answer - fully operational E-verify, quantifiable goals for the border, 90% apprehension rate, etc. But it at least demanded border security before any legalization began. That of course got killed.
The amendment your link referenced is worthless, as was noted.
If Republicans would simply demand true border security first before consideration of any immigration reform, then we would know they were serious. But as long as you have the likes of McCain and Graham with their wishy-washy RINO mentalities to lead the charge to caving in, we're sunk in the Senate. And at this time, Rubio has destroyed any credibility he had with me to be a true conservative.
As I referenced earlier, the CBO has reported that if the immigration bill passes as is, illegal immigration will be reduced at most 25%- how does that come any where near solving the problem - answer - it doesn't. Frankly, it isn't intended to IMHO.
Secure the border first - after all, that 700 mile double fence that was already passed and paid for currently stands at 36 miles completed - that is how committed to border security this administration is. And what about the Senate - an amendment that would have required that half that fence be completed before any legalization occurred was also killed in the Senate. I repeat, an amendment that would have merely required that half of a fence be completed before legalization -that has already been voted on, passed and had money allocated for - was DEFEATED in the Senate - with the help of our little Republicans - McCain, Graham, Rubio, Flake and Murkowski.
++++1 Excellent post. It's all about votes. I have posted this several times. It makes absolutely NO SENSE to begin a path to legalization without securing the border FIRST. That is a no brainer, however, no one REALLY wants to step up and support that. If the republicans stand strong on securing the border first, they'll lose the Hispanic vote that they are trying to get. You are right. No one TRULY wants to secure it first. Rubio disappoints me now. I had high hopes for him. McCain and the others you mentioned are the biggest RHINOS in town. Disgusting.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't been posting much lately, time's been hard to come by. But I still skim through here a good bit.
Immigration? I haven't really been paying attention to who's saying what about it lately.
My opinion is that America is for Americans. If you're not supposed to be here you get nothing but deported. For that matter - I have no IDEA whey we take in so many foreign students into our universities. We teach them how to build nuclear power plants, weapons, satellites and everything else. Let them get educated in their own countries.
We should limit immigration to people who have lived in America for 5 or more years on work visa's who have proven themselves to be productive citizens and would like to stay. We might allow a few elderly relatives and children of those people in as well. Otherwise? Get out! We have enough of our own problems.
I think the only controversy should be about how to defend our thousands of miles of borders and coastlines against people coming through. That's just a practical issue.
I'll be honest, I'm a little surprised at your attitude on this, CB - Great post.
OMTE

Fitzgerald, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think I wasn't clear, but I also was falling into the "an immigration bill is inevitable" trap. I want the borders secure regardless, it is asinine that we do not have an enforceable border. Forget the illegal workers for now, considering the threat from radical Islamists, there is no excuse for our elected officials to have not made the border a major priority after 9/11. That is how the argument should have been framed all along - not as a matter of keeping illegal aliens out, but a matter of keeping those who would do us harm out. The rest would be simply a side benefit.
And for those who decry a secure border as somehow being cruel and hateful - how about we just take the same approach to our southern border and illegals as Mexico does to its southern border and its illegals:
http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/344042...
Simply Brilliant. Your best post thus far. A++++

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your for a bill if the borders are secured. Our borders should already be secured regardless. Border security is just another talking point to confuse the American people and the whole immigration issue. Well that is never going to happen and you know it. The only way to defuse the whole thing is to force the government to obey the laws on the books now. We need to start all over and not allow Illegal aliens to take American jobs or American government benefits.
The illegals that are now here are criminals as they purposely entered this country illegally. It is said that they just wanted a better life and to have some wealth. Well so does a bank robber. They are both criminals. People will say that the illegals just want to feed their poor family. Well so do some bank robbers. Would it be less of a crime if the robber robbed a Seven Eleven convenience store instead of a bank? It is still a crime.
The government has been using the 11 million illegal alien numbers for the last 20 years. Anyone with common sense knows that these figures are not true. There have been many reports of late that say 30 to 40 million illegal aliens are now in this country.
All this immigration bill is for is to make 30 to 40 million illegal aliens legal. Why not be honest about it and just say that? If the politicians did,they know the public would not approve of it
I am against any immigration bill and want these illegal aliens to go back to their country and enter the United States legally and abide by the U.S. immigration laws. They are no better than any other person from any other country in the world that wishes to become a U.S. citizen. Many are Mexican and other Latin American countries but there are also people from many other countries here illegally. Makes no difference to me.
Politicians need to quit sugar coating the whole issue and stop acting like they are trying to help the poor down trodden. They are helping themselves and big business.
Although I agree with deportation and starting over, that will NEVER happen in a million years. The libs would riot in the streets. They don't seem to realize how the massive influx of people from Mexico will hurt their own quality of life. At any rate, you are most likely right that it's just a foot in the door and then they'll be granted amnesty. Everything and every place will be overcrowded. Some Democrat(Shumer?) will complain that the bill(if passed) requires TOO MUCH TIME before someone can become legal and then it's off to the races. To put it in simple terms: It's too late.

Since: Jul 12

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

ChicknButt wrote:
Missed you. I can't believe it but once again I totally agree with you. Illegals sneaking into our country and all these foreign students soaking up our knowledge and skills to take back to their countries kill American jobs.
The large American companies that operate overseas get the benefit of much of these U.S. trained students as well as countries that use the technology against us.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>just one more example, I know a beautiful young lady that reads this forum daily(maybe even hourly) and yet has never posted(once or twice) even though she may the smartest person that I have ever met. She just tries to protect me. Imagine that.
Geeee. Thanks, Jeb.(I know. I know. I just couldn't resist.)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Bigdave1 wrote:
I am back on the immigration kick. The government acknowledges that over 46 million dollars in fraudulent refunds went to unauthorized aliens. What the h*ll is a unauthorized alien.
I read the article and came to the conclusion that illegal aliens are ripping off the government and the government doesn't know who it is sending the money to.
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/irs-sent-4637...
It's maddening, but I'm not surprised. Apparently, it is VERY EASY to game our system. Lord knows enough people seem to be doing it. I've met people whom I suspected of gaming the system and believe me, they weren't Rhodes Scholars. That is why I think it must be stupid study to be able to do it.
OMTE

Fitzgerald, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
Geeee. Thanks, Jeb.(I know. I know. I just couldn't resist.)
LoL. Thanks, Syn. I needed that. WoW.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't been posting much lately, time's been hard to come by. But I still skim through here a good bit.
Immigration? I haven't really been paying attention to who's saying what about it lately.
My opinion is that America is for Americans. If you're not supposed to be here you get nothing but deported. For that matter - I have no IDEA whey we take in so many foreign students into our universities. We teach them how to build nuclear power plants, weapons, satellites and everything else. Let them get educated in their own countries.
We should limit immigration to people who have lived in America for 5 or more years on work visa's who have proven themselves to be productive citizens and would like to stay. We might allow a few elderly relatives and children of those people in as well. Otherwise? Get out! We have enough of our own problems.
I think the only controversy should be about how to defend our thousands of miles of borders and coastlines against people coming through. That's just a practical issue.
Good post. The only thing I might add is that there should be a LIMIT to the number of children.
At the very least, the babies that illegals are having here now should NOT be considered American citizens. THAT ticks me off. Half the Hispanics I see are knocked up and I'll bet you a nickel to a bottle of stump water that they are illegal.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

billybob wrote:
<quoted text>
Just curious. If they are illegal, they are paying sales taxes, but how about income taxes? They take advantage of our resources, but don't pay income tax. You call what I post tripe? You are completely IGNORANT(I already know that) if you can't determine how a massive influx of people in quest of American citizenship will affect the quality of your life. If you are capable, how about thinking on that one for a bit.
OMTE

Fitzgerald, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
Good post. The only thing I might add is that there should be a LIMIT to the number of children.
At the very least, the babies that illegals are having here now should NOT be considered American citizens. THAT ticks me off. Half the Hispanics I see are knocked up and I'll bet you a nickel to a bottle of stump water that they are illegal.
Yep. That's how they're rapin the DFCS system.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 15,361 - 15,380 of47,391
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Brunswick Discussions

Search the Brunswick Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) 13 hr Paris 2,036
Dukes of Iron MC 14 hr Itty Bitty Dick Committee 3
What happened to Kim Devore Jun 29 Curious 1
Juneteenth festival celebrates freedom Jun 21 Shining Electron 1
More black on white crime (Aug '13) Jun 18 samnammit 13
Birth mothers who answered ads / Gittleman aka ... Jun 18 joanNYadoptees 1
Blueberry growers go to 'pick-it-yourself' model Jun 16 Barbara 2
•••
•••
•••
Brunswick Dating

more search filters

less search filters