Bored

Dahlonega, GA

#8272 Apr 30, 2013
DEBUNKED!!
"

Penn State professor and UN IPCC modeler Michael Mann did publish a hockey stick-shaped graph that purportedly showed an unprecedented sudden increase in average global temperatures, following ten centuries of supposedly stable climate. However, Dr. Mann was at the center of the Climategate scandal. His graph and the data and methodology behind it have been scrutinized and debunked in peer-reviewed studies by numerous climate scientists, statisticians and other experts.

The latest research clearly reveals that the Medieval Warm Period (also called the Medieval Climate Optimum) has been verified and was in fact global, not just confined to the Northern Hemisphere. The Center for the Study of Carbon Dioxide and Global Change reported in 2009 that “the Medieval Warm Period was:(1) global in extent,(2) at least as warm as, but likely even warmer than, the Current Warm Period, and (3) of a duration significantly longer than that of the Current Warm Period to date.”

The Science and Public Policy Institute reported in May 2009:“More than 700 scientists from 400 institutions in 40 countries have contributed peer-reviewed papers providing evidence that the Medieval Warm Period (MWP) was real, global, and warmer than the present. And the numbers grow larger daily.”
Stupid

Fitzgerald, GA

#8273 Apr 30, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
You seriously AREN'T helping you cause there, slick.
You're surely not helping yours. Nobody wants to be like you granny. Except your aristocrat buddies.
Bored

Dahlonega, GA

#8274 Apr 30, 2013
"Many in the media repeatedly cite the various Climategate investigations as an “exoneration” of the UN global warming scientists. But a closer look reveals that the investigations were nothing more than the global warming industry pretending to investigate itself, and of course pretending to find no wrongdoing.

Penn State’s investigation of Michael Mann is a prime example of what a mockery the process became. Clive Crook of the Atlantic Monthly summed it up this way:“The Penn State inquiry exonerating Michael Mann would be difficult to parody. Three of four allegations were dismissed out of hand at the outset.”
Bored

Dahlonega, GA

#8275 Apr 30, 2013
And man thinks they can control the weather-HA!

"Despite all the evidence and studies presented in this paper, many people continue to say that Congress and the United Nations need to take immediate action to prevent more extreme weather, rising sea levels and planetary “overheating.” The reality is that politicians who say government “can do something about” droughts, floods, sea levels, hurricanes and tornadoes are practicing the equivalent of medieval witchcraft.

Laws, treaties and regulations – whether from the United Nations, U.S. Congress or Environmental Protection Agency, cannot control the weather. CO2 does not control global temperatures, and current global temperatures are well within natural variability, as demonstrated by surface and satellite data and extensive historic records. Scientific studies and data also show that droughts, floods and wildfires and extreme weather are not unusual, unprecedented or related to CO2 emissions or climate change."
Thank-you

Dawsonville, GA

#8276 Apr 30, 2013
Bored wrote:
"
Peer-reviewed studies reject these claims, too.“Are US floods increasing? The answer is still ‘No,’” says a new scientific paper by Roger Pielke, Jr. The evidence demonstrates that “flooding has not increased in U.S. over records of 85 to 127 years. This adds to a pile of research that shows similar results around the world,” Pielke said. It is also worth noting that “the world’s ten deadliest floods all occurred before 1976.” In other words “all of the world’s deadliest floods occurred with CO2 well below 350 PPM.”
In addition, a recent study by the U.S. government found no evidence that climate change caused more severe flooding during last century. In fact, the U.S. Geological Survey found that in some regions “floods become less severe as greenhouse gas emissions increased.” Moreover, at this time,“we do not see a clear pattern that enables us to understand how climate change will alter flood conditions in the future,” USGS scientist Robert Hirsch explained."
Thank-you for putting something worth reading on this thread.
Of course you realize that the lock-step walking progressives will never believe any of it. They would rather remain useful idiots to further the progressive goal of cap and trade to continue to allow the few to seize wealth. They are just too unwilling to look at the big picture and see that they are being played.
Bored

Dahlonega, GA

#8277 Apr 30, 2013
"

The climate bill that died in the Democrat Senate was a scientifically meaningless bill that Obama’s own EPA admitted would not impact global CO2 levels – let alone global temperatures.

The climate bill would only have raised the cost of energy for American families and businesses, while doing nothing for the climate. A major Bloomberg News report revealed that U.S. oil companies would likely cope with the climate legislation by “closing fuel plants, cutting capital spending and increasing imports.” Bloomberg also reported that “one in six U.S. refineries probably would close by 2020,” and this could “add 77 cents a gallon to the price of gasoline.”EPA’s unilateral “carbon dioxide endangerment” regulations would have much the same effect."
Bored

Dahlonega, GA

#8278 Apr 30, 2013
Thank-you wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank-you for putting something worth reading on this thread.
Of course you realize that the lock-step walking progressives will never believe any of it. They would rather remain useful idiots to further the progressive goal of cap and trade to continue to allow the few to seize wealth. They are just too unwilling to look at the big picture and see that they are being played.
I realize that, and expect it. will wait and see what bs they post.
ChicknButt

Decatur, GA

#8279 Apr 30, 2013
Bored,

Every bit of your information came from this webpage:

http://www.cfact.org/issues/climate-change/cl...

Yet another privately undisclosed funded groups paid to "create a controversy". Just who do you think is paying it millions of dollars to keep putting out this stuff?

Don't be a plagiarist. Attribute your sources.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#8280 Apr 30, 2013
Bored wrote:
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
...Even the global warming activists at RealClimate.org acknowledged this in a September 20, 2008 article, where they said “The actual temperature rise is an emergent property resulting from interactions among hundreds of factors.” CO2 is not the tail that wags the dog."
Actually, those "global warming activists" had a lot more to say in that article, mainly that it's a complex issue, but for some reason you're hungup on CO2, strawman perhaps.

Simple Question, Simple Answer… Not
http://www.realclimate.org/index.php/archives...
...Physics is rich in phenomena that are simple in appearance but cannot be calculated in simple terms. Global warming is like that. People may yearn for a short, clear way to predict how much warming we are likely to face. Alas, no such simple calculation exists. The actual temperature rise is an emergent property resulting from interactions among hundreds of factors. People who refuse to acknowledge that complexity should not be surprised when their demands for an easy calculation go unanswered.
OMTE

Fitzgerald, GA

#8281 Apr 30, 2013
ChicknButt wrote:
Bored,
Yet another privately undisclosed funded groups paid to "create a controversy". Just who do you think is paying it millions of dollars to keep putting out this stuff?
Thank you.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#8282 Apr 30, 2013
Bored wrote:
<quoted text>
What I want to know is,
when will you be scolded
for utilizing to cut and paste.
Thank-you

Dawsonville, GA

#8283 Apr 30, 2013
Bored wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that didn't take long. But in true progressive fashion they will attempt a shout-down rather than deal with facts. The tolerance of lefties is amazing in it's selectiveness.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#8284 Apr 30, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
@Bored
Thank you so much for the above information.
I guess cut and paste ain't so bad after all.
Bored

Dahlonega, GA

#8285 Apr 30, 2013
Thank-you wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that didn't take long. But in true progressive fashion they will attempt a shout-down rather than deal with facts. The tolerance of lefties is amazing in it's selectiveness.

You are correct. They forget they are nothing but a carbon based organism that emits co2 like the rest of us and will be taxed on being alive.

And you are correct, the BS will get deep cause they prove differently. They can use biased sources and DEBUNKED scientists.

ROFL.

Bored

Dahlonega, GA

#8286 Apr 30, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
What I want to know is,
when will you be scolded
for utilizing to cut and paste.

See, it easy to not cut and paste and show your ignorance. Show us more of yourself without cut and paste.
Bored

Dahlonega, GA

#8287 Apr 30, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess cut and paste ain't so bad after all.
As I've posted before, it's the only thing you are good at. Your personal posts wordings show a complete lack of clarity, information, and knowledge.

Stick to copy and paste and hide your ignorance.

Bored

Dahlonega, GA

#8288 Apr 30, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, those "global warming activists" had a lot more to say in that article, mainly that it's a complex issue, but for some reason you're hungup on CO2, strawman perhaps.
Simple Question, Simple Answer… Not
http://www.realclimate.org/index.php/archives...
...Physics is rich in phenomena that are simple in appearance but cannot be calculated in simple terms. Global warming is like that. People may yearn for a short, clear way to predict how much warming we are likely to face. Alas, no such simple calculation exists. The actual temperature rise is an emergent property resulting from interactions among hundreds of factors. People who refuse to acknowledge that complexity should not be surprised when their demands for an easy calculation go unanswered.

You are the one hung up on "global warming." My posts deal with climate change. Sorry you dont know the difference like Chicken little.
OMTE

Fitzgerald, GA

#8289 Apr 30, 2013
Bored wrote:
<quoted text>
See, it easy to not cut and paste and show your ignorance. Show us more of yourself without cut and paste.
I wish you'd go back to just insulting IO, because you're a dummy.
Bored

Dahlonega, GA

#8290 Apr 30, 2013
ChicknButt wrote:
Bored,

Actually it sounds more a libtard website to me.

"Statement of Purpose
Prospering Lives. Promoting Progress. Protecting the Earth.

In 1985, the Committee For A Constructive Tomorrow (CFACT) was founded to promote a positive voice on environment and development issues. Its co-founders, David Rothbard and Craig Rucker, believed very strongly that the power of the market combined with the applications of safe technologies could offer humanity practical solutions to many of the world’s pressing concerns. A number of leading scientists, academics, and policy leaders would also agree with them and soon joined their effort, along with thousands of citizens from around the country.

Today, this Washington DC-based group is a highly respected organization and its voice can be heard relentlessly infusing the environmental debate with a balanced perspective on environmental stewardship. With an influential and impressive scientific advisory board, aggressive collegiate program, CFACT Europe, United Nations representation, Adopt-A-Village project, Global Social Responsibility program, and “Just the Facts” national radio commentary, CFACT has and continues to offer genuine positive solutions to today’s global challenges.

The organization has been termed “invaluable” by the Arizona Republic, it has been lauded for its “effort to bring sound science to the environmental debate” by a former president of the National Academy of Sciences, and has been praised by a respected Boston Globe columnist for “a record of supplying absolutely solid information.”

At the heart of CFACT, our goal is to enhance the fruitfulness of the earth and all of its inhabitants. CFACT accomplishes this through four main strategies:

Prospering Lives. CFACT works to help people find better ways to provide for food, water, energy and other essential human services.
Promoting Progress. CFACT advocates the use of safe, affordable technologies and the pursuit of economic policies that reduce pollution and waste, and maximize the use of resources.
Protecting the Earth. CFACT helps protect the earth through wise stewardship of the land and its wildlife.
Providing Education. CFACT educates various sectors of the public about important facts and practical solutions regarding environmental concerns."
Bored

Dahlonega, GA

#8291 Apr 30, 2013
OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>I wish you'd go back to just insulting IO, because you're a dummy.

Dont like to look the fool huh? Sorry, NOT!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brunswick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rupert Blackman has AIDs Dec 17 me2youlol 3
Looking for info on Felisha Ponsell Dec 17 me2youlol 4
Georgia hospital losing $2 million a year in mi... Dec 17 northernboy62 1
Miles Crews Dec 2 just wondering 1
Teacher at MCA Dec 2 just wondering 1
Camden County arrests 14 registered sex offende... Nov 27 LonePalm Sux 8
Trial for (JR) Byron Nail (Aug '09) Nov 25 lynn 35
Brunswick Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Brunswick People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Brunswick News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Brunswick

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:39 pm PST

NBC Sports 1:39PM
Young Jaguars piecing together key building blocks - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 6:53 AM
Julio Jones' availability hinges on pre-game workout, again
Bleacher Report 9:00 AM
Start 'Em, Sit 'Em Week 16: Debating Difficult Fantasy Football Lineup Decisions
Bleacher Report 9:45 AM
Complete Preview for Falcons vs. Saints
Bleacher Report10:16 AM
Complete Preview for Saints vs. Falcons