Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

#55024 Aug 27, 2014
Oh my wrote:
http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2014/08...
...And foreign policy is hard—especially now. Almost nobody gets even a small fraction of what they want out of it.
That said, the relentless criticism of Obama's approach toward ISIS strikes me as unusually shortsighted. As near as I can tell, he's handled it almost perfectly so far. If we had offered air support to destroy ISIS six months or a year ago, it probably would have made things worse. Iraq flatly wasn't able to provide the ground troops to complement an air campaign, and America would have shared in the inevitable fiasco. We also would have been explicitly bound to Nouri al-Maliki and his policies, which were the very ones responsible for the rise of ISIS in the first place. The outcome of all this would have been the worst of all possible worlds for American interests.
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/08/27/1325...
...Wait, why does the US, Britain and Australia have to shoulder the military burden of taking on a foe threatening multiple nations in the Middle East? Sure, Turkey has airbases. They also have airplanes—240 F-16s and F4s. Turkey also has one of the larger armies in the region, nearly 300,000 strong. Islamic State a threat to them? Let them handle it.
And why has the US been arming the Gulf emirates to the teeth? Islamic State has no love for them, and wants their land for their "caliphate," so maybe they can deploy some of that hardware? The United Arab Emirates has 80 F-16s, 60 Mirage 2000, and an actual army. Oman has a smaller air force, but it has one. And an army. As does Qatar. And Bahrain. And Kuwait.
Then there is Saudi Arabia, with over 300 F-15s and over 100 Tornados. And with an army that is 150,000-strong, the ability to provide serious manpower to any anti-IS effort. For comparison's sake, Australia has 95 combat aircraft, total.
How about Jordan? With nearly 80 F-16s and over 100,000 soldiers in its well-regarded army, they'd be a serious force. And heck, Iran has a real problem with IS as well, so why not? Invite them to the party as well.
Point is, there are plenty of actors in the region with the capability to take care of the threat to their stability. Let the US provide drone and satellite surveillance. If some of these countries need help ferrying troops into Iraq, then sure, lug them around in our transport aircraft. Heck, chip in with some additional combat aircraft.
But the time to shoulder the weight of fighting other people's wars is over. Let someone else pay for these wars, and bleed for them, and suffer blowback for them. We've spent the last several decades arming these countries. Now let them take care of their own problems.
We can cheer them on from the sidelines.
Update: Egypt and UAE conducted air strikes in Libya a couple of days ago, so there you have it. Precedent. And here you have Saudi Arabia's highest religious authority declaring IS "enemy number one of Islam". So they should do something about that. They. Not us.
Excellent analysis. Nobody here at least has bothered to answer the question - WHY does the US need to deal with ISIS - Why not those other countries?. Not one neo-con could summon up the courage to even offer up a poorly-spelled post on the matter.

What have they done? They've come on here to bash Obama. That's all.
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

#55025 Aug 27, 2014
Chopper Read wrote:
<quoted text> I think that the U.S. should reassess just who our friends really are in that region.
We don't have any. Not even Israel - who is happy to take our free money and arms - but that's the extent of that relationship.

Our only interest in the region is oil. We don't use any, we don't have to care about them anymore. Shut down our borders to anybody from the middle-east - don't invite them to our schools, forget about them.
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

#55026 Aug 27, 2014
General Robert E Lee wrote:
The leader of a prominent liberal super PAC on Wednesday defended taking money from billionaire George Soros while simultaneously condemning conservatives for benefiting from the fortunes of the Koch Brothers.
http://dailycaller.com/2014/08/27/liberal-sup...
Did you read the article? Woodhouse is correct - the difference is screwing the common man for their personal enrichment. That's a completely valid point, and a HUGE one.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#55029 Aug 27, 2014
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/jeffrey-meyer/20... -

Somewhat interesting comment by Sherrod Brown (D) Ohio: if memory serves correct, both the companies he referenced are based in Ohio.

Oh yeah, the POTUSA used "fair share" again in his comments...

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#55030 Aug 27, 2014
Apologies, for some reason, the above link isn't working. Maybe I need to "cut and paste" more...

http://tinyurl.com/ltj247o

“Liberals are closet raaacists!”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#55031 Aug 27, 2014
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
Truly muddled thinking, if everything a progressive liberal says is a lie, then how do you now when they are not lying.
Either you made an false statement then, or you are making one now.
Perhaps you would like to retract the declaration that everything a progressive liberal says is a lie, since you've already shown that it is not true.
Truly typical muddled progressive speak.

Location hidden

#55032 Aug 27, 2014
ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
Lucy, you're going to have to get more specific than that. Yes, I typed this post in a Ricky Ricardo voice. Deal with it.
Typical progressive circle speak.

“Registered Conservative”

Since: Jul 11

Draketown, GA

#55033 Aug 27, 2014
ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you read the article? Woodhouse is correct - the difference is screwing the common man for their personal enrichment. That's a completely valid point, and a HUGE one.
I did read the article. That point is valid, with regards to the LWLD's screwing of the common man.
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

#55034 Aug 27, 2014
Bill in Dville wrote:
Apologies, for some reason, the above link isn't working. Maybe I need to "cut and paste" more...
http://tinyurl.com/ltj247o
Old people and computers are funny.

http://www.dumpaday.com/wp-content/uploads/20...

Location hidden

#55035 Aug 27, 2014
Oh my wrote:
http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2014/08...
...And foreign policy is hard—especially now. Almost nobody gets even a small fraction of what they want out of it.
That said, the relentless criticism of Obama's approach toward ISIS strikes me as unusually shortsighted. As near as I can tell, he's handled it almost perfectly so far. If we had offered air support to destroy ISIS six months or a year ago, it probably would have made things worse. Iraq flatly wasn't able to provide the ground troops to complement an air campaign, and America would have shared in the inevitable fiasco. We also would have been explicitly bound to Nouri al-Maliki and his policies, which were the very ones responsible for the rise of ISIS in the first place. The outcome of all this would have been the worst of all possible worlds for American interests.
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/08/27/1325...
...Wait, why does the US, Britain and Australia have to shoulder the military burden of taking on a foe threatening multiple nations in the Middle East? Sure, Turkey has airbases. They also have airplanes—240 F-16s and F4s. Turkey also has one of the larger armies in the region, nearly 300,000 strong. Islamic State a threat to them? Let them handle it.
And why has the US been arming the Gulf emirates to the teeth? Islamic State has no love for them, and wants their land for their "caliphate," so maybe they can deploy some of that hardware? The United Arab Emirates has 80 F-16s, 60 Mirage 2000, and an actual army. Oman has a smaller air force, but it has one. And an army. As does Qatar. And Bahrain. And Kuwait.
Then there is Saudi Arabia, with over 300 F-15s and over 100 Tornados. And with an army that is 150,000-strong, the ability to provide serious manpower to any anti-IS effort. For comparison's sake, Australia has 95 combat aircraft, total.
How about Jordan? With nearly 80 F-16s and over 100,000 soldiers in its well-regarded army, they'd be a serious force. And heck, Iran has a real problem with IS as well, so why not? Invite them to the party as well.
Point is, there are plenty of actors in the region with the capability to take care of the threat to their stability. Let the US provide drone and satellite surveillance. If some of these countries need help ferrying troops into Iraq, then sure, lug them around in our transport aircraft. Heck, chip in with some additional combat aircraft.
But the time to shoulder the weight of fighting other people's wars is over. Let someone else pay for these wars, and bleed for them, and suffer blowback for them. We've spent the last several decades arming these countries. Now let them take care of their own problems.
We can cheer them on from the sidelines.
Update: Egypt and UAE conducted air strikes in Libya a couple of days ago, so there you have it. Precedent. And here you have Saudi Arabia's highest religious authority declaring IS "enemy number one of Islam". So they should do something about that. They. Not us.
Progressive OPINION piece. Everyone else gets CRITICIZED for posting opinion pieces.
Just more lies from the progressive liars.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#55036 Aug 27, 2014
Chopper Read wrote:
<quoted text>excellent post!
One progressive liar praising another progressive liar. Love it.

Location hidden

#55037 Aug 27, 2014
<quoted text>
They'll take all the money Soros will give them. Even Buffet must now be their enemy, investing in a company owned by a Brazilian firm, and merging with a Canadian firm, oh the shame of it all.
We all know that and(privately, so they THINK) so do they. They HATE to be exposed for the hypocrites they are. Oh! They can add HYPOCRITE to their resume'.

“Registered Conservative”

Since: Jul 11

Draketown, GA

#55038 Aug 27, 2014
ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't have any. Not even Israel - who is happy to take our free money and arms - but that's the extent of that relationship.
Our only interest in the region is oil. We don't use any, we don't have to care about them anymore. Shut down our borders to anybody from the middle-east - don't invite them to our schools, forget about them.
Naïve, shut down the borders, period.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/why-isis-threaten...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#55039 Aug 27, 2014
The leader of a prominent liberal super PAC on Wednesday defended taking money from billionaire George Soros while simultaneously condemning conservatives for benefiting from the fortunes of the Koch Brothers.
http://dailycaller.com/2014/08/27/liberal-sup...
Oh, no! You are exposing the hypocritical progressive agenda.
Sick Man Freud

Blairsville, GA

#55040 Aug 27, 2014
ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe I have.
It's pretty easy to avoid breaking laws when you own the people who make them. That's the point in the first place.
You really can't expect a Right Wing Wacko to understand that, do you?
Sick Man Freud

Blairsville, GA

#55041 Aug 27, 2014
ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, have you noticed - you haven't told me yet what you're accusing me of lying about. Which information have I posted what was an untruth?
Talk about duck and dodge. You're all about it today.
+1 Surely you don't expect a sane answer from this poster, do you?

Location hidden

#55042 Aug 27, 2014
ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent analysis. Nobody here at least has bothered to answer the question - WHY does the US need to deal with ISIS - Why not those other countries?. Not one neo-con could summon up the courage to even offer up a poorly-spelled post on the matter.
What have they done? They've come on here to bash Obama. That's all.
lolololol PROGRESSIVE sources.
NO ONE is interested in bothering with you progressive liars. It just goes in circles. You are all LIARS and hell bent on the destruction of those who stand in your way. You call it lack of courage. We call it not falling into your madness.
Sick Man Freud

Blairsville, GA

#55043 Aug 27, 2014
ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
Losing what?
You neo-cons will just type anything. Logic and sense not required.
They're paid to type in this guttural nonsense, no normal person would spew out such lunacy. In Spin-ergy's case they just give her cheap wine and Xanex.
silverfox

Moultrie, GA

#55045 Aug 27, 2014
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/08/25/ob...

Meanwhile Democrats, who have been tepidly supportive or staying under the radar during the administration’s limited air strikes in Iraq, have another policy crisis to run away from as their chances of holding control of the Senate look increasingly remote.

President Obama may be under pressure to act quickly, but he has already said a solution in Iraq is “a long term project.” That’s little consolation for those on the president’s team facing voters just 10 weeks from now, no matter which policy direction he chooses.
silverfox

Moultrie, GA

#55046 Aug 27, 2014
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
lolololol PROGRESSIVE sources.
NO ONE is interested in bothering with you progressive liars. It just goes in circles. You are all LIARS and hell bent on the destruction of those who stand in your way. You call it lack of courage. We call it not falling into your madness.
"NO ONE is interested"
"circles"
"liars"
"madness"

Synergy explained it in a few words.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brunswick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What McIntosh/Darien does not want you to know (May '13) Jul 9 Nteri 26
Mcintosh/Darien CROOKED RACIST COPS (May '13) Jul 8 LELEDAWN 58
Part 12 Guy Heinze Jr. (May '10) Jul 6 Udhruc 1,202
Divorce Attorney Jun 28 Jail The Ho 2
Judge Jean Bolin (May '12) Jun 27 Meth-intosh Busted 12
Speed Trap along the I-95 corridor in Mcintosh ... (Nov '15) Jun 27 Mcintrash Finest 8
companies Jun '16 the local hog hun... 1

Brunswick Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Brunswick Mortgages