Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...

“Registered Conservative”

Since: Jul 11

Draketown, GA

#54230 Aug 21, 2014
The WB wrote:
<quoted text> Actually I was hoping one of our all tolerant liberal posters would give an opinion. And, yes I do wonder about the NAAWP.
The LWLD's on this thread; got nuthin.

“Registered Conservative”

Since: Jul 11

Draketown, GA

#54231 Aug 21, 2014
Sick Man Freud wrote:
<quoted text>
Kicked back in the hot tub partly warmed by his solar water heating system... Now here's your kindergarten mathematics lesson once again, try to pay attention:
$3,000 electric bill savings (over ~ 23 years) minus $2,000 equipment investment =$1,000 savings.
And, again, no chewing gum in class or passing silly notes to rename...
No repair or maintenance costs? No accounting for inflation, deflation?
The WB

Dawsonville, GA

#54232 Aug 21, 2014
Sick Man Freud wrote:
<quoted text>
Kicked back in the hot tub partly warmed by his solar water heating system... Now here's your kindergarten mathematics lesson once again, try to pay attention:
$3,000 electric bill savings (over ~ 23 years) minus $2,000 equipment investment =$1,000 savings.
And, again, no chewing gum in class or passing silly notes to rename...
Three days and you still can't get your story straight? Total yak squeeze.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#54233 Aug 21, 2014
Jemima wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW, prayer rugs!!!! Do you have ANY idea just how many Muslim's are alive and living on this planet. Do you have any idea what percentage of them are radical nuts? Do you know ANY of the history of the Middle East, or for that matter of the Muslim religion. Did you know that the Jesus you disparaged in your first word of this post is also in the Koran. And they hold Jesus in a much higher regard than you seem to. of course you don't.
Do you have any idea of your own about ANYTHING.
And another poster who completely misses the point that a porous border lets in those who mean to do us harm just as easily as it lets in those looking for work or welfare.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#54234 Aug 21, 2014
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh wait, let's see what Al Franken ACTUALLY wrote in the link I referenced, which, not surprizingly you have mis-characterized to suit your own political spinergy...
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/al-franken/refl...
...This was a lie. I was there. Along with everyone else, I cried, I laughed, I cheered. It was, to my mind, a beautiful four-hour memorial.
I didn't boo. Neither did 22,800 of the some 23,000 people there. This has been a much discussed, much lied about aspect of the memorial. A number of Republicans, like Peggy Noonan and Weekly Standard writer Chris Caldwell claimed that 20,000 people had booed Trent Lott.(Caldwell claimed that 20,000 people booed a whole litany of people who weren't booed at all.) We'll never get an actual count - but I'd say about two hundred people booed Trent Lott when his face came on the Jumbotron. This was about a minute after 23,000 people cheered for Bill Clinton when his face appeared on the Jumbotron.
The Jumbotron was carrying the C-SPAN feed, and unless you were watching live, you almost certainly have never seen the moment that Trent Lott was booed. That's because none of the cable news shows repeated it. That's because you can't hear him being booed. And that's because so few people booed him. Also, I swear, it was a good-natured "kill the umpire" boo,(and Lott actually grinned) but I could never prove that. What I have proven is that you couldn't hear the boos on TV because on my book-on-tape I played the audio of the C-SPAN video to compare the 23,000 cheering for Clinton with the smattering of boos for Lott, and you CANNOT hear the boos.
I couldn't care less what a lying revisionist hypocrite like Al Franken has to say. Let's look at what the "mainstream media" had to say:
CNN:“Minority Leader Trent Lott, R-Mississippi, was booed Tuesday night when he entered Williams Arena at the University of Minnesota for the service.”
David Corn of The Nation said of the event:“Well, I wouldn't have booed those people for coming and for coming all that way, either. I think that was probably not the best of -- best of moves.”
The liberal Alan Colmes said at the time:“Look, this did turn out -- into a rally, but that may not have been the original intent, and I think it was wrong that they booed Trent Lott. I thought that was absolutely -- it was shameful to boo a senator.”
Democratic strategist Doug Hattaway said at the time:“I think they're right that booing was over the line.”
CNN’s Wolf Blitzer said:“Last night's memorial service for Senator Paul Wellstone ruffled some feathers as it took on the tone of the Democratic campaign rally complete with booing of Senate Minority Leader Trent Lott who was among those attending.”
CNN’s Bob Franken reported:“More than 20,000 people, many of the Democratic luminaries from around the country appearing, and when a Republican was introduced, meaning Minority Leader Trent Lott of the Senate, he was booed and so was the governor, independent, Jesse Ventura.”
MSNBC’s Brian Williams reported:“GOP Senate Leader Trent Lott was booed when he walked in.”
CBS News’ Cynthia Bowers reported:“That that appeal was made to Republican senators caused Trent Lott to walk out. All night whenever Republican faces popped up on the JumbroTron, thousands jeered.”
The New York Times reported:“The roar for Senator Edward M. Kennedy, Democrat of Massachusetts, was undercut by boos for Senator Trent Lott of Mississippi, the Republican leader. Gov. Jesse Ventura of Minnesota, an independent, also was greeted with disdain.”
=======
And for Rick Kahn to call out the Republicans who came to pay their respects and tell them to "help us win this for Paul"? Talk about classless.
And why would Wellstone's campaign manager apologize for "the tone" the memorial ended up taking if Al Franken's characterization was true? Don't bother responding, we know the answer.
The WB

Dawsonville, GA

#54236 Aug 21, 2014
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
I couldn't care less what a lying revisionist hypocrite like Al Franken has to say. Let's look at what the "mainstream media" had to say:
CNN:“Minority Leader Trent Lott, R-Mississippi, was booed Tuesday night when he entered Williams Arena at the University of Minnesota for the service.”
David Corn of The Nation said of the event:“Well, I wouldn't have booed those people for coming and for coming all that way, either. I think that was probably not the best of -- best of moves.”
The liberal Alan Colmes said at the time:“Look, this did turn out -- into a rally, but that may not have been the original intent, and I think it was wrong that they booed Trent Lott. I thought that was absolutely -- it was shameful to boo a senator.”
Democratic strategist Doug Hattaway said at the time:“I think they're right that booing was over the line.”
CNN’s Wolf Blitzer said:“Last night's memorial service for Senator Paul Wellstone ruffled some feathers as it took on the tone of the Democratic campaign rally complete with booing of Senate Minority Leader Trent Lott who was among those attending.”
CNN’s Bob Franken reported:“More than 20,000 people, many of the Democratic luminaries from around the country appearing, and when a Republican was introduced, meaning Minority Leader Trent Lott of the Senate, he was booed and so was the governor, independent, Jesse Ventura.”
MSNBC’s Brian Williams reported:“GOP Senate Leader Trent Lott was booed when he walked in.”
CBS News’ Cynthia Bowers reported:“That that appeal was made to Republican senators caused Trent Lott to walk out. All night whenever Republican faces popped up on the JumbroTron, thousands jeered.”
The New York Times reported:“The roar for Senator Edward M. Kennedy, Democrat of Massachusetts, was undercut by boos for Senator Trent Lott of Mississippi, the Republican leader. Gov. Jesse Ventura of Minnesota, an independent, also was greeted with disdain.”
=======
And for Rick Kahn to call out the Republicans who came to pay their respects and tell them to "help us win this for Paul"? Talk about classless.
And why would Wellstone's campaign manager apologize for "the tone" the memorial ended up taking if Al Franken's characterization was true? Don't bother responding, we know the answer.
Very well done.
Sick Man Freud

Blairsville, GA

#54240 Aug 21, 2014
General Robert E Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
No repair or maintenance costs? No accounting for inflation, deflation?
Sure, I repaired a few leaks, and replaced a pump once. Even with that I still figure I saved at least $1,000 in electric costs so far. Of course, that's just a rough estimate - do you think I keep detailed scientific details on a project me and my son did years ago when he was in middle school? Some of you guys are really whacked out...
Sick Man Freud

Blairsville, GA

#54241 Aug 21, 2014
rename wrote:
<quoted text>
Last post it was 22 years...last post he wasn't sure how much he "claims " to save.....
Any investment not close to the rule of 72,,, especially one as bad as his,,, should be avoided like the plague...,
But hey,,,, after all, he is a dummy...
...I guess you need more education... when you use a tilde (" ~ ") that means "about" - as in an estimate. 22 years, 23 years, whatever... all estimates. But keep on trying, you're just making yourself look silly.
Sick Man Freud

Blairsville, GA

#54242 Aug 21, 2014
rename wrote:
<quoted text>
And the dummy insisting his sorry imvestment saved him money.....
With inflation dollars...
And I bet the dummy will be looking up this one...."the rule of 72."
Calling a scam an investment...,what a dummy..,
Hey fool... where would my money be now if I hadn't invested in a solar hot water system?? In you beloved coal baron's pocket. Sorry, you lose.

“Liberals are closet raaacists!”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#54243 Aug 21, 2014
<quoted text>
The question is "why would anyone want him in Ferguson"?
Well, he hasn't let that stop him from going to Martha's Vineyard. THEY don't want him and he goes anyway.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Liberals are closet raaacists!”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#54244 Aug 21, 2014
<quoted text>
Surely, you don't expect an answer? BTW, why is there not a NAAWP?
Because we aren't "entitled". We owe, owe, owe(I don't agree.) and the debt will NEVER be paid.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Cbutt

Douglasville, GA

#54245 Aug 21, 2014
Greenland and Antarctica are home to the two largest ice sheets in the world, and a new report released Wednesday says that they are contributing to sea level rise twice as much as they were just five years ago.

Using the European Space Agency's CryoSat 2 satellite, the Alfred Wegener Institute from Germany has found that western Antarctica and Greenland are losing massive amounts of ice.

"Combined, the two ice sheets are thinning at a rate of 500 cubic kilometres per year," said glaciologist Dr. Angelika Humbert, one of the authors of the AWI study, in a press release. "That is the highest speed observed since altimetry satellite records began about 20 years ago."

The report, published in the online magazine The Cryosphere, says the CryoSat 2 satellite measured over 200 million elevation data points in Antarctica and 14.3 million in Greenland to track the loss of ice mass over the last several years. "When we compare the current data with those from the ICESat satellite from the year 2009, the volume loss in Greenland has doubled since then," said Humbert. "The loss of the West Antarctic Ice Sheet has in the same time span increased by a factor of three."

Somewhat encouragingly, the East Antarctic Ice Sheet is gaining mass. However, those gains are very modest and don't make up for the loss of ice in West Antarctica and Greenland. Greenland is losing 350 cubic kilometers of ice annually, mostly from its southwestern coast, and accounts for almost 75 percent of the total volume lost each year. Together, the flows from Antarctica and Greenland could cover the entire Chicagoland area with 600 meters of ice each year.

The glacier melting the fastest among those measured was the Jakobshavn Glacier in Greenland and the Pine Island Glacier in West Antarctica. The Jakobshavn Glacier is descending into the ocean at a rate of 46 meters -- or half a football field -- each day. Last year, a chunk of ice twice the size of Detroit broke off the tip of the Pine Island Glacier.

Robert Bindschadler of NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center recently contributed to a similar study for the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research. "Rising sea level is widely regarded as a current and ongoing result of climate change that directly affects hundreds of millions of coastal dwellers around the world and indirectly affects billions more that share its financial costs," he said in a press release. By 2100, ice melt from Antarctica alone could add up to 37 centimeters, or more than 14 inches, to global sea levels.

Another study published in the journal Science this month shows that in the last 20 years, human-caused climate change has become the primary driver of glacial melt.
The WB

Dawsonville, GA

#54248 Aug 22, 2014
rename wrote:
<quoted text>
I deleted most of your sorry post because it supports my point that climatic change is a natural occurrence..,,
And that climate change will continue as long as the earth is a living planet, and the Sun is a living exploding star....
Ice accumulates and ice melts....over hundreds of thousands of years....the glaciers are still receding and the poles melt accordingly....
A Natural Climate Change.....
And mans efforts to institute another man made fix is pure folly ....
Miami Beach has been losing ground to the sea for many many years....before pollution ever became a problem....and the same applies elsewhere....
It's called Natural Climate Change dummy....
Can you explain extinct mastodons being uncovered in ice with tulips in their digestive tract???
No you can't,,,and neither can science.....speculation and guesswork is all we hear....same speculation and guesswork we hear today about man made climate change.....
You follow idiots...,if those same idiots were to say "earth will be destroyed in 100 years",,, you would run around like a chicken with your head cut off shouting "the Koch boys are to blame."
If a religious prophet was to say the same,,,, you would mock him....
What a dummy.....
But that doesn't fit the narrative where the progressives get to put their collective hand into everyone's pockets and control every aspect of everyone's lives.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Cbutt

Douglasville, GA

#54249 Aug 22, 2014
rename wrote:
<quoted text>
I deleted most of your sorry post because it supports my point that climatic change is a natural occurrence..,,
And that climate change will continue as long as the earth is a living planet, and the Sun is a living exploding star....
Ice accumulates and ice melts....over hundreds of thousands of years....the glaciers are still receding and the poles melt accordingly....
A Natural Climate Change.....
And mans efforts to institute another man made fix is pure folly ....
Miami Beach has been losing ground to the sea for many many years....before pollution ever became a problem....and the same applies elsewhere....
It's called Natural Climate Change dummy....
Can you explain extinct mastodons being uncovered in ice with tulips in their digestive tract???
No you can't,,,and neither can science.....speculation and guesswork is all we hear....same speculation and guesswork we hear today about man made climate change.....
You follow idiots...,if those same idiots were to say "earth will be destroyed in 100 years",,, you would run around like a chicken with your head cut off shouting "the Koch boys are to blame."
If a religious prophet was to say the same,,,, you would mock him....
What a dummy.....
In order to believe the ridiculous BS you just posted, you would have to completely ignore the fact that there is almost a perfect correlation of human-activity emitted carbon in the last century, and ignore the evidence of 70,000 scientists from all over the globe.

Carbon Dioxide Rises to Highest Levels in 800,000 Years

http://www.weather.com/news/science/environme...

It's really time that you called up your employers in the coal industry and let them know you can no longer argue against man-made global climate change in the forums. You'll just have to find another way to earn a buck. It's not at all defensible anymore - there's just way too much overwhelming proof that human activity relating to carbon emissions is changing the earths climate, and there is NO valid argument to the contrary.

It's done. The argument is over (not there ever was one - except by those paid by the oil and coal companies to create one).
Cbutt

Douglasville, GA

#54250 Aug 22, 2014
The WB wrote:
<quoted text>But that doesn't fit the narrative where the progressives get to put their collective hand into everyone's pockets and control every aspect of everyone's lives.
And, your statement doesn't reflect the narrative where reasonable men think in reasonable ways and observe and acknowledge reality.

But that's not what you were shooting for is it? You just wanted to angrily parrot ridiculous generalizations you heard from the right-wing echo-chamber (funded by the coal and oil industries).
Chopper Read

Fitzgerald, GA

#54251 Aug 22, 2014
<quoted text>
Surely, you don't expect an answer? BTW, why is there not a NAAWP?
But there is a NAAWP- It is called the Ku KLUX Klan! Have you joined yet?
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#54252 Aug 22, 2014
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
I don't see where any of them claimed to have actually been there, which was another point that Al Franken made in the referenced article.

Thanks for sharing your OPINION of Al Franken, but really, who cares.
ChicknButt

Norcross, GA

#54254 Aug 22, 2014
It looks like the nurses have allowed rename to click icons today until it's his afternoon squirrel-chasing time.

They'll let him do anything to keep him out of their hair.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#54255 Aug 22, 2014
Sick Man Freud wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
Sure, I repaired a few leaks, and replaced a pump once. Even with that I still figure I saved at least $1,000 in electric costs so far. Of course, that's just a rough estimate - do you think I keep detailed scientific details on a project me and my son did years ago when he was in middle school? Some of you guys are really whacked out...
Yep,
whacked out,
but strangely amusing.

Besides, their religion will not allow then to admit that you benefited from an alternative, renewable energy source.
Jemima

Carnesville, GA

#54256 Aug 22, 2014
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. You are wrong AGAIN. Your posts have been proved inaccurate time and time again. That's the libroid agenda. Be proven wrong, bring it up again, get refuted and then ask that the SAME PROOF be given again. Your game is over, dude. Your post is a prime example of how pitiful you librods have kept being. You've not called me nor any other conservative on anything because you CAN'T. You have nothing. Obama has FIXED you libroids. Just read your post. It's very sad and shows how low you libroids are. You continuously switch your ID because you are ALONE in your thinking.
lol So! Now you are saying "TV" instead of FOX. We KNOW what you mean because ALL but FOX is left wing. You used Liberal Whine #6. FOX. You poor little man. Not only have the conservatives handed your pathetic tail to you for over five years, Obama has handed your tail to you, too. rotfl As for your last sentence, you have shamed yourself....again. Now, switch your ID, support your sorry self, switch you ID back and rock on. Ya got nothin', libroid. Ya got nothing'. Well, you have DESPERATION(if that counts.)
What proof have you provided for any statement you have made, NONE! You can't defend your bullcrap statements or you would. What do you do,, more bullcrap statements. You are pitiful, a broken record and a total waste of space in this world.

You seem to think government is some game with a winner and a loser, the same with politics. And that's the problem with nuts like you. You think you are winning the "game" and you are handing someone their "tail"!?!?!?! You are just one of a group of pathetic losers who don't have a clue about how the United States of American is supposed to operate. If you did you would never claim to be handing anyone anything. The only thing I am desperate about is getting this country back to what built it, people working together for a common goal. Your only goal its getting rid of the "black" man who has won the last TWO Presidential elections and would probably win a 3rd if the law allowed. He wouldn't win because he is doing a great job, he would win for the same reason he has won the last TWO times. A quality candidate will NOT run as long as the Tea Party has input. The only thing that gets on the ballot are the Romney's and Palins, quality candidates are not going to waste their one shot to be President as long as the idiots have just enough votes to make it impossible for a real leader to even get on the ballot.

Its really funny to me, the ones who hate the black man, are the only reason he is President, aren't you proud of your accomplishments.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brunswick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Phillips given Outstanding Educator Award (Jul '07) Jan 14 rick 2
Speed Trap along the I-95 corridor in Mcintosh ... (Nov '15) Jan 14 Mek 25
What McIntosh/Darien does not want you to know (May '13) Jan 9 Mara Rahl 29
Part 12 Guy Heinze Jr. (May '10) Jan 2 Middletown 1,210
Brunswick for a family (Feb '16) Dec '16 lookitupjoker 2
White Boy Rap (Jun '11) Nov '16 Danny Noonan 5
Farrell Landon Ho Slayer (Oct '12) Nov '16 Farrell Landon 6

Brunswick Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance