Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
not acting right

Douglasville, GA

#53874 Aug 17, 2014
5 Questions to Ask to Spot a Fake Christian

1. Are they controlled by the Holy Spirit?

When you received Christ, the Holy Spirit came and began living inside of you. Walking in the flesh instead of the Spirit can be a tell-tale sign that something fishy is going on (Galatians 5:16-18).

2. Do they have a new nature?

When you are born again, you become a new creation with new desires, a new mind, and new heart. If there isn’t evidence of any of these then,“Houston, we’ve got a problem!”

3. Do they have Christ’s agape love for others?

By this all will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.

-John 13:35

The Bottom Line: No love, no Christ, yes love, yes Christ…

4. Do they obey God’s Commandments?

Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments.

-1 John 2:3

5. Are they becoming more like Jesus?

The true markings of a Christian is that he or she is becoming like their Master. If someone isn’t becoming more like Jesus, then chances are they are not a follower of Jesus.
Sick Man Freud

Blairsville, GA

#53875 Aug 17, 2014
rename wrote:
<quoted text>
Your as big an idiot as the Butt...
What's humorous is that 97% of total Coal production is used in power generation, son why shouldn't I post a link about electricity only dummy...,,
To replace coal power production with clean energy in the form of wind turbines and natural gas will require many things to occur...,,not to mention that gas production would have to increase 25%,,,,, and has co2 emissions......
Or did you not know natural gas use is Obamas planned replacement for coal....
What's needed and the cost involved...,
Electricity storage capacity to replace lost wind turbine production when the wind doesn't blow or solar lost when the sun don't shine....
A new grid system,,,, wind turbines and gas pipelines,,,, in close proximity to the power plant...
A complete total rebuilding of the present power distribution system.... Not an easy task, nor a cheap task..,,
Estimates range from a low of $1800 to a high not given because no one really knows.... This extra cost is per electrical meter...,
And seeing as gubmint is one of the biggest users of electricity their expense is born by the taxpayer,,,, and not included in the dollar amount mentioned..,,
And what do we get by doing this....appox a 25% reduction in co2 at a cost of over 1.5 trillion... Which roughly equals 1/3 of the present federal budget....,
Obamas plan is for this to occur by year 2035 ,,,, requires 50% natural gas and 50% wind and solar, with wind being the biggest provider of the two...,,
Gubmint has never been on time on any proposed solutions....huge cost over runs is the norm for gubmint supported proposals..,,
Answer the question of How long did it take to build the interstate system and that will give you an idea of cost escalation and project completion....
Factor in more debt,,,, and give me an answer as to how you Libroids gonna get it done by 2035 ..,,
What you fail to grasp (imagine that) is that lessening the dependence on coal-fired electricity will not only be a government change, but a consumer change. Once the costs for solar power equipment comes down to a certain range, more and more will be installed by homeowners and businesses. Why? Because they'll be saving money. Yes, it will be an investment. But just like putting adequate insulation into a new home or business has a cost factor, it's routinely done because the benefits far outweigh the costs.

Naturally, solar panels on a person's house or business won't provide enough electricity for complete reliance. You and all kindergarten kids (same level of intelligence) know that it sometimes rains and the sun doesn't shine at night. But at least the kindergarten kids, with some instruction, can understand that more electric energy is consumed during the daytime hours - people at work, air conditioning load, etc. So solar will increasingly be able to help reduce the need for some coal-fired electric generation. And to boot, will reduce a consumer's electric costs. Depending on how much solar power a system generates, some will be sold back to the grid.

It all comes down to less money in the coal baron's pocket and more money in the little man's... and that's not a bad thing.(Oh, yeah, and less nasty pollution.)
Chopper Read

Fitzgerald, GA

#53876 Aug 17, 2014
rename wrote:
<quoted text>
But but but.... Don't you share in the libroid policy that Christianity is a fallacy????
That baby killing is ok??? That marriage between same sex is ok ???
That welfare is freedom and not slavery???
Do tell us where you stand...,, don't be shy.... Just spit it out like you do with all your sorry posts..,,
Not Jemima, but will try to answer part of your questions. First, there are probably more democrats that are Christian than republicans. Baby killing? You seem to be referring to legal abortions, well, even if that is wrong, you don't seem to have any problem with Israeli soldiers killing little arab kids. Who really cares about same sex marriage? And is welfare really affecting your standard of living ?
The WB

Dawsonville, GA

#53877 Aug 17, 2014
Sick Man Freud wrote:
<quoted text>
What you fail to grasp (imagine that) is that lessening the dependence on coal-fired electricity will not only be a government change, but a consumer change. Once the costs for solar power equipment comes down to a certain range, more and more will be installed by homeowners and businesses. Why? Because they'll be saving money. Yes, it will be an investment. But just like putting adequate insulation into a new home or business has a cost factor, it's routinely done because the benefits far outweigh the costs.
Naturally, solar panels on a person's house or business won't provide enough electricity for complete reliance. You and all kindergarten kids (same level of intelligence) know that it sometimes rains and the sun doesn't shine at night. But at least the kindergarten kids, with some instruction, can understand that more electric energy is consumed during the daytime hours - people at work, air conditioning load, etc. So solar will increasingly be able to help reduce the need for some coal-fired electric generation. And to boot, will reduce a consumer's electric costs. Depending on how much solar power a system generates, some will be sold back to the grid.
It all comes down to less money in the coal baron's pocket and more money in the little man's... and that's not a bad thing.(Oh, yeah, and less nasty pollution.)
A kindergartner's view of energy. You will retire those solar panels long before you will break even. Clean coal technology exists despite the lies from the progressives that have only the destruction of the US economy as a goal.
The WB

Dawsonville, GA

#53878 Aug 17, 2014
Chopper Read wrote:
<quoted text>Not Jemima, but will try to answer part of your questions. First, there are probably more democrats that are Christian than republicans. Baby killing? You seem to be referring to legal abortions, well, even if that is wrong, you don't seem to have any problem with Israeli soldiers killing little arab kids. Who really cares about same sex marriage? And is welfare really affecting your standard of living ?
Since I can't call you a liar, I will point out that you are either lying or don't have a clue to what Christianity is.
The WB

Dawsonville, GA

#53879 Aug 17, 2014
jemima wrote:
<quoted text>
You are completely wrong, what you say tells volumes about you, and its not very pretty. You call yourself a Christian with your greed and hate of others, the God of love may just slam the pearly gates in your pitiful face.
Again you know nothing of me. I hate no one, but I hate lies.
I can separate the lies from the deliverer of lies.
The WB

Dawsonville, GA

#53880 Aug 17, 2014
not acting right wrote:
5 Questions to Ask to Spot a Fake Christian
1. Are they controlled by the Holy Spirit?
When you received Christ, the Holy Spirit came and began living inside of you. Walking in the flesh instead of the Spirit can be a tell-tale sign that something fishy is going on (Galatians 5:16-18).
2. Do they have a new nature?
When you are born again, you become a new creation with new desires, a new mind, and new heart. If there isn’t evidence of any of these then,“Houston, we’ve got a problem!”
3. Do they have Christ’s agape love for others?
By this all will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.
-John 13:35
The Bottom Line: No love, no Christ, yes love, yes Christ…
4. Do they obey God’s Commandments?
Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments.
-1 John 2:3
5. Are they becoming more like Jesus?
The true markings of a Christian is that he or she is becoming like their Master. If someone isn’t becoming more like Jesus, then chances are they are not a follower of Jesus.
A fake Christian or an imperfect Christian? The above are all good and will appear as fruit of a follower.
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

#53881 Aug 17, 2014
The WB wrote:
<quoted text>
progressives that have only the destruction of the US economy as a goal.
Why would a middle-class progressive, working hard, raising his family want the destruction of the U.S. economy? Wouldn't that make their life harder?

They weren't very happy when the last REPUBLICAN president we had in office REALLY DID DESTROY THE ECONOMY. They were pretty p.o.'d about it, really.

Clearly your assertion that " progressives that have only the destruction of the US economy as a goal" is nothing more than simple-minded babble.
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

#53882 Aug 17, 2014
The WB wrote:
<quoted text>
Clean coal technology exists
No, it doesn't. The term "clean coal" is a misnomer. It describes technology to reduce carbon emmissions, but it is not even CLOSE to clean.
Clean coal is a concept for processes or approaches that mitigate emissions of carbon dioxide (CO2) and other greenhouse gases that arise from the utilization of coal, mainly for electrical power generation, using clean coal technology. Currently, the term clean coal is used in the coal industry primarily in reference to carbon capture and storage, which pumps and stores CO2 emissions underground, and plants using integrated gasification combined cycle (IGCC). IGCC involves coal gasification, which provides a basis for increased efficiency and lower cost in capturing CO2 emissions.[1][2][3][4] Prior to the current focus on carbon capture and storage,[5] the term clean coal had been used to refer to technologies for reducing emissions of NOx, sulfur, and heavy metals from coal combustion.

Within the United States, Carbon Capture and storage technologies are mainly being developed in response to regulations by the Environmental Protection Agency—most notably the Clean Air Act—and in anticipation of legislation that seeks to mitigate climate change

AND --- those measures described as clean coal put for by the EPA are being attacked relentlessly by Big Coal, Big Oil, and the Republicans.

That is PRECISELY why they want to abolish the EPA and render Obama and the Democrats as powerless as they can. The coal companies don't want lost revenues through regulations, or from a shift to green power.

Coal is precisely why the world is in the shape it is in today, and a Republican Vote is a vote for pollution and big-coal profits and environmental destruction.

----------

Speaking of kindergarden views - yours qualifies. You'd almost think you were ingesting juvenille trash like Rush, and Fox News and Breitbart - and NOBODY that's sane takes those views seriously.

So you must have been kidding about those statements you made, right?
The WB

Dawsonville, GA

#53883 Aug 17, 2014
ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would a middle-class progressive, working hard, raising his family want the destruction of the U.S. economy? Wouldn't that make their life harder?
They weren't very happy when the last REPUBLICAN president we had in office REALLY DID DESTROY THE ECONOMY. They were pretty p.o.'d about it, really.
Clearly your assertion that " progressives that have only the destruction of the US economy as a goal" is nothing more than simple-minded babble.
Opinions vary cupcake.
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

#53884 Aug 17, 2014
The WB wrote:
<quoted text>
A fake Christian or an imperfect Christian?
I'm not one to get into a discussion of religion one way or another, but I personally am quite of fan of articulately crafted words and logic.

But let me ask you this: Imperfect Christian? Couldn't Satin himself in the true fire and brimstone sense also be described as this?

It's a useless term from a linguistical and logical point of view.
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

#53885 Aug 17, 2014
The WB wrote:
<quoted text>
Opinions vary cupcake.
My opinion is that your response was a complete "non-response" Froot-Loop.
The WB

Dawsonville, GA

#53886 Aug 17, 2014
ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it doesn't. The term "clean coal" is a misnomer. It describes technology to reduce carbon emmissions, but it is not even CLOSE to clean.
Clean coal is a concept for processes or approaches that mitigate emissions of carbon dioxide (CO2) and other greenhouse gases that arise from the utilization of coal, mainly for electrical power generation, using clean coal technology. Currently, the term clean coal is used in the coal industry primarily in reference to carbon capture and storage, which pumps and stores CO2 emissions underground, and plants using integrated gasification combined cycle (IGCC). IGCC involves coal gasification, which provides a basis for increased efficiency and lower cost in capturing CO2 emissions.[1][2][3][4] Prior to the current focus on carbon capture and storage,[5] the term clean coal had been used to refer to technologies for reducing emissions of NOx, sulfur, and heavy metals from coal combustion.
Within the United States, Carbon Capture and storage technologies are mainly being developed in response to regulations by the Environmental Protection Agency—most notably the Clean Air Act—and in anticipation of legislation that seeks to mitigate climate change
That is PRECISELY why they want to abolish the EPA and render Obama and the Democrats as powerless as they can. The coal companies don't want lost revenues through regulations, or from a shift to green power.
Coal is precisely why the world is in the shape it is in today, and a Republican Vote is a vote for pollution and big-coal profits and environmental destruction.
----------
Speaking of kindergarden views - yours qualifies. You'd almost think you were ingesting juvenille trash like Rush, and Fox News and Breitbart - and NOBODY that's sane takes those views seriously.
So you must have been kidding about those statements you made, right?
Sorry but your one sided rant and playbook from the hate America crowd and do everything possible to bring America to the level of a third world country ain't gettin' it.
Cloaking a perverse agenda in green doesn't make it true or even desirable.
The WB

Dawsonville, GA

#53887 Aug 17, 2014
ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not one to get into a discussion of religion one way or another, but I personally am quite of fan of articulately crafted words and logic.
But let me ask you this: Imperfect Christian? Couldn't Satin himself in the true fire and brimstone sense also be described as this?
Hardly. Satan opposes Christ. A Christian accepts Christ and tries to follow. We are told to work out our salvation with fear and trembling.
There was a perfect man, being Jesus Christ. We all fall short and are in need of a Savior.
Chopper Read

Fitzgerald, GA

#53888 Aug 17, 2014
The WB wrote:
<quoted text>
Since I can't call you a liar, I will point out that you are either lying or don't have a clue to what Christianity is.
Why can't you call me a liar? Would that be a sin according to your 'good book'- I am a Christian and an American and I think that you are big liar and a big bullshitter! See if you can find that one in the old testament !
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

#53889 Aug 17, 2014
The WB wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry but your one sided rant and playbook from the hate America crowd and do everything possible to bring America to the level of a third world country ain't gettin' it.
You made the claim that there is clean coal energy.

I disputed that claim, as clearly no such technology exists in our universe.

Your hate-filled words have done nothing to uphold your erroneous claim that "clean coal" exists.

You are wrong. Try learning from it, instead of puffing out your chest and mouthing-off babble.
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

#53890 Aug 17, 2014
The WB wrote:
<quoted text>
Hardly. Satan opposes Christ. A Christian accepts Christ and tries to follow. We are told to work out our salvation with fear and trembling.
There was a perfect man, being Jesus Christ. We all fall short and are in need of a Savior.
Couldn't the old Master of Hell, also just be "less then perfect"? Couldn't Hitler himself be described as an "imperfect christian", he's just not quite there yet?

Where does the line get drawn? And who gets to draw it?
The WB

Dawsonville, GA

#53891 Aug 17, 2014
ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
More contrast-
Satan comes to kill, steal and destroy.
Jesus came to save mankind that none should perish, but should have eternal life.
Jesus welcomes us as the Father welcomed the prodigal son; when we were far off.
Our enemy Satan, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.
Jesus said, " Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”
The WB

Dawsonville, GA

#53892 Aug 17, 2014
ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
Couldn't the old Master of Hell, also just be "less then perfect"? Couldn't Hitler himself be described as an "imperfect christian", he's just not quite there yet?
Where does the line get drawn? And who gets to draw it?
Those are questions best left between you and the lover of your soul. God draws the line.
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

#53893 Aug 17, 2014
The WB wrote:
<quoted text>
do everything possible to bring America to the level of a third world country ain't gettin' it.
Let's see - Democrats:

1. Want equal access to affordable health-care for all citizens.
2. Want middle-class rages to rise when the those at the top are making fortunes off of their labor.
3. Want education standards to increase.
4. Want people down on their luck for whatever reason to get some assistance in our society.
5.... And on..and on..and on..

But republicans DON'T want those things. In fact, they are throwing quite a collective hissy-fit for the last 6 years to prevent them from happening.

Who wants a third-world nation?

Or are you just kidding again - pretending that the "entertainment" crap heard on Breitbart and from Rush Limbaugh and from Fox "News" are actually real? If so - you've got quite a sense of humor! Way to stay in character!
The WB wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you consider it "perverse" to pursue a world with less pollution? Given that an overwhelmingly vast majority of legitimate scientists in the world, the best and most qualified minds the human species has, can show a trend towards global warming caused by man-made greenhouse emissions....

Isn't it perverse to NOT want to change our habits to avoid the suffering and devastation that will result?

Just using logic here. Let's see if you can use some.

----------

You're scoring nothing today. You really should have spent more time listening to those leather-patch wearing intellectuals that you despise so much. Tell the truth - you hate people that are smarter than you, don't you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brunswick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Speed Trap along the I-95 corridor in Mcintosh ... 17 hr SWAT STOPPER 6
What McIntosh/Darien does not want you to know (May '13) Apr 22 darienspeedtrap 24
What Y'all think of District Attorney Jackie Jo... (Nov '11) Apr 13 David 99
Trump may be doing us a favor Mar '16 JillyJelly 1
megan swantek (Jun '13) Mar '16 yo!! 3
News Report: GOP Leaders Met With Elon Musk, Tim Coo... Mar '16 biten back 1
News Incorporate St. Simons and Sea islands? Yes No (Mar '06) Mar '16 Bii Hilton 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Brunswick Mortgages