“Marble Man”

Since: Jul 11

Destin, FL

#50840 Jul 19, 2014
New data shows the White House has painted a false picture of the Central American migration by hiding a huge spike in “family units” who are illegally crossing the Texas border.

In the Rio Grande area where most of the migrants are crossing the border, the number of so-called “unaccompanied children” was actually outnumbered by the inflow by adults, parents and children in “family units,” according to the data.

The much-faster growth in “family units” has been hidden by White House and agency officials, who have tried to portray the influx as a wave of children fleeing abuse and violence.

http://dailycaller.com/2014/07/18/white-house...
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#50841 Jul 19, 2014
The House isn't doing anything else, so they might as well sue...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executive_order
United States Presidents issue executive orders to help officers and agencies of the executive branch manage the operations within the federal government itself. Executive orders have the full force of law[1] when they take authority from a power granted directly to the Executive by the Constitution, or are made in pursuance of certain Acts of Congress that explicitly delegate to the President some degree of discretionary power (delegated legislation). Like statutes or regulations promulgated by government agencies, executive orders are subject to judicial review, and may be struck down if deemed by the courts to be unsupported by statute or the Constitution. Major policy initiatives usually require approval by the legislative branch, but executive orders have significant influence over the internal affairs of government, deciding how and to what degree laws will be enforced, dealing with emergencies, waging war, and in general fine policy choices in the implementation of broad statutes.

...Critics have accused presidents of abusing executive orders, of using them to make laws without Congressional approval, and of moving existing laws away from their original mandates.[13] Large policy changes with wide-ranging effects have been effected through executive order, including the integration of the armed forces under Harry Truman and the desegregation of public schools under Dwight D. Eisenhower.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/23/us/politics...
...Mr. Obama has issued signing statements claiming a right to bypass a handful of constraints — rejecting as unconstitutional Congress’s attempt to prevent him from having White House “czars” on certain issues, for example. But for the most part, Mr. Obama’s increased unilateralism in domestic policy has relied on a different form of executive power than the sort that had led to heated debates during his predecessor’s administration: Mr. Bush’s frequent assertion of a right to override statutes on matters like surveillance and torture.

“Obama’s not saying he has the right to defy a Congressional statute,” said Richard H. Pildes, a New York University law professor.“But if the legislative path is blocked and he otherwise has the legal authority to issue an executive order on an issue, they are clearly much more willing to do that now than two years ago.”

The Obama administration started down this path soon after Republicans took over the House of Representatives last year. In February 2011, Mr. Obama directed the Justice Department to stop defending the Defense of Marriage Act, which bars federal recognition of same-sex marriages, against constitutional challenges. Previously, the administration had urged lawmakers to repeal it, but had defended their right to enact it.

In the following months, the administration increased efforts to curb greenhouse gas emissions through environmental regulations, gave states waivers from federal mandates if they agreed to education overhauls, and refocused deportation policy in a way that in effect granted relief to some illegal immigrants brought to the country as children. Each step substituted for a faltered legislative proposal.

But those moves were isolated and cut against the administration’s broader political messaging strategy at the time: that Mr. Obama was trying to reach across the aisle to get things done. It was only after the summer, when negotiations over a deficit reduction deal broke down and House Republicans nearly failed to raise the nation’s borrowing limit, that Mr. Obama fully shifted course.
rename

Blairsville, GA

#50842 Jul 19, 2014
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>Perhaps life as we know it is the only type of life that is known because we're currently stuck in this locale.

Yep, science answers questions about the physical world, a very astute observation.

There have always been people who thought themselves gods, so what. Oh wait, I know, it gives you a hammer to beat on things you don't understand.

Then perhaps you should get out of your tiny world of Murphy , as it seems to have atrophied your ability to avoid nets dummy .... And get hammered again and again ....

I would advise some science experiments with explosives.....but being a dummy, you would only blow up yerself and the dullard .,, and you two give us conservatives so much pleasure, so we would be disappointed in our nets rotting ....

rename

Blairsville, GA

#50843 Jul 19, 2014
General Robert E Lee wrote:
New data shows the White House has painted a false picture of the Central American migration by hiding a huge spike in “family units” who are illegally crossing the Texas border.

In the Rio Grande area where most of the migrants are crossing the border, the number of so-called “unaccompanied children” was actually outnumbered by the inflow by adults, parents and children in “family units,” according to the data.

The much-faster growth in “family units” has been hidden by White House and agency officials, who have tried to portray the influx as a wave of children fleeing abuse and violence.

http://dailycaller.com/2014/07/18/white-house...

Obama's whole purpose is to tag it a humanitarian issue to allow U N involvement to take the heat off the Libroids ....

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#50844 Jul 19, 2014
http://videos.komando.com/watch/6017/viral-vi...

Perhaps this video will provide some education for the clueless and uneducated about the size of our $17 trillion (that's $17 TRILLION) "documented" debt. When you add in items that are owed in the future, the number is estimated to be around $70 TRILLION.

The top 185 wealthiest families are worth approximately $1.2 trillion, the top 10 (including Skippy's buds at #2) are worth around 44% of the $1.2 trillion. You can do the math (perhaps not Doo-do)...

In other words (as has been previously posted), if you"take" all of the wealth of the "rich" people for federal government purposes, it would operate this country for only a fairly short period of time.

Think about it.
rename

Blairsville, GA

#50845 Jul 19, 2014

Awwww. the ole NY times..........turned into mush, now spittles out libroid leanings......

"New York Times a sinking ship that can no longer aid Obama"

"There are several data points, but let’s start with one that is especially gratifying – one that shows that the country no longer believes in the New York Times.

In a recent Pew poll, the legendary paper of record was voted less “believable” than ABC News, the Wall Street Journal, CNN, NBC news, and CBS News. What a comedown for the Grey Lady.

Not only is the paper considered less trustworthy than most others news organizations, the decline has been sharp. The average believability of the 13 news organizations reviewed was 56%; the Times came in at 49%.(The Wall Street Journal comes in at 58%, by comparison.) Whereas trust in all those outfits has dropped in recent years, the Times has fared worse than most. Since 2010, their rating has sunk from 58 to 49.

For a paper that boasts a proud heritage and certainly a devoted following among liberals, this should be worrisome. Indeed, in his “farewell column” published this past weekend, Public Editor Arthur Brisbane, essentially the paper's ombudsman, took the Times to task, saying that its “political and cultural progressivism…virtually bleeds through the fabric of The Times.” He describes the paper as a “hive on Eighth Avenue…shaped by a culture of like minds”– a uni-view that he suggests is more visible from the outside than the inside. That may or may not be correct, but for sure, Americans have taken note.

For the Obama White House, this disaffection with our leading newspaper should be something of a heads-up. If the Times acts as a virtual mouthpiece for the administration, and people do not find it credible, what does that say about the president?

It is not only 63% of Republicans that judge the Times lacking in credibility, it is also 56% of independents. Among those same independents, only 45% consider the Wall Street Journal unreliable.

The Times’ performance is nearly identical to that of Fox News, which is widely considered right-leaning. While neither organization is likely to welcome such pigeon-holing, branding the Times a partisan mouthpiece would surely have been more controversial in the past.

For someone who grew up in a Republican household that nonetheless considered the Times an essential part of our intellectual diet, the paper’s increasing bias over the past decade has been breathtaking.

The carefully placed articles that laud the president’s security chops (pieces that have now landed the White House in hot water for information leaks) and those that incessantly remind Americans that Mitt Romney is a MORMON and a wealthy one to boot – the reporting has become as one-sided as the sledge-hammer editorials and over-the-top op-eds.(Does anyone really consider one-note Paul Krugman, who never met a government spending hike he didn’t like, a deep thinker?)"

Note the term sledge hammer.......I use the same weapon on Oh my's sorry posts........

rename

Blairsville, GA

#50846 Jul 19, 2014
Bill in Dville wrote:
http://videos.komando.com/watc h/6017/viral-videos-you-wont-b elieve-how-much-americas-riche st-families-are-worth
Perhaps this video will provide some education for the clueless and uneducated about the size of our $17 trillion (that's $17 TRILLION) "documented" debt. When you add in items that are owed in the future, the number is estimated to be around $70 TRILLION.
The top 185 wealthiest families are worth approximately $1.2 trillion, the top 10 (including Skippy's buds at #2) are worth around 44% of the $1.2 trillion. You can do the math (perhaps not Doo-do)...
In other words (as has been previously posted), if you"take" all of the wealth of the "rich" people for federal government purposes, it would operate this country for only a fairly short period of time.
Think about it.

"In other words (as has been previously posted), if you"take" all of the wealth of the "rich" people for federal government purposes, it would operate this country for only a fairly short period of time."

I think the number of days was like maybe 15.........against federal spending of 3.5 trillion a year......

and the debt would not even be touched......

rename

Blairsville, GA

#50847 Jul 19, 2014
and those 15 days would not even pay the interest on the debt.......

rename

Blairsville, GA

#50848 Jul 19, 2014
rename wrote:
<quoted text>
"In other words (as has been previously posted), if you"take" all of the wealth of the "rich" people for federal government purposes, it would operate this country for only a fairly short period of time."
I think the number of days was like maybe 15.........against federal spending of 3.5 trillion a year......
and the debt would not even be touched......

ok....so my number of days are are wrong...sue me........

Churlish Truths

United States

#50849 Jul 19, 2014
"Ukraine Accuses Russia of Providing Missiles That Felled Malaysia Jet"
"What We Know About Downed Malaysia Airlines Flight MH 17"
-
What we know is that, internationally, there is a lack of both, GUN CONTROL and MISSILE CONTROL.
-
I'm having child proof trigger guards put on all my guns and missiles.
-
When missiles are outlawed, only Russians with have missiles.
-

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#50850 Jul 19, 2014
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>Well, this appears to be MORE than just one question but I will be truthful. One of my biggest regrets is that I did not complain more during 'Bush the Lessers' two disastrous terms of office. Sure, I am somewhat disappointed by the Obama administration but I temper that by thinking just how much worse things would be if we had elected either McCain or Romney. I watched with keen interest the cnn interview of Dick Cheney- On the one hand, he stated that Obama was the "worst president of his lifetime"!! Now, try to keep in mind that Cheney's lifetime includes Nixon- the only president that ever resigned in disgrace! And yet, when he was asked about Sarah Palin's comments about the impeachment of Obama he disagreed, saying that he did not believe Obama had committed an impeachable offence.
You didn't answer the question. I asked ONE question.

Location hidden

#50851 Jul 19, 2014
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>.....most of the so- called 'scandals' that you list are little more than the worst examples of partisan politics, imo. For the life of me, I can't understand why republicans don't get on with the business of finding a suitable candidate to run in 2016 instead of fixating on Obama- unless that they know don't have one! On that vein, whether Hillary decides to run or not- I may decide to vote for Liz Warren. She is cool.
You didn't answer the question. All you gave me was MORE left wing rhetoric. I didn't ask for that. I've read that left wing rhetoric for a long time. Answer the question please without the rhetoric.

Location hidden

#50852 Jul 19, 2014
silverfox wrote:
@jeb,
Please show me a link where Cheney says he does not believe Obama committed an impeachable offense. According to what I saw & what I've read he said, "at this point it would be a distraction." - "it wouldn't get anywhere." He said, Obama has failed this country, failed miserably at so much, and is worse than Jimmy Carter as president.... I felt the need to clarify, but, if you can find a link, by all means share it.
Maybe you can get a straight answer out of him. I can't. He dances around and just posts MORE left wing rhetoric.

Location hidden

#50853 Jul 19, 2014
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>Well, this appears to be MORE than just one question but I will be truthful. One of my biggest regrets is that I did not complain more during 'Bush the Lessers' two disastrous terms of office. Sure, I am somewhat disappointed by the Obama administration but I temper that by thinking just how much worse things would be if we had elected either McCain or Romney. I watched with keen interest the cnn interview of Dick Cheney- On the one hand, he stated that Obama was the "worst president of his lifetime"!! Now, try to keep in mind that Cheney's lifetime includes Nixon- the only president that ever resigned in disgrace! And yet, when he was asked about Sarah Palin's comments about the impeachment of Obama he disagreed, saying that he did not believe Obama had committed an impeachable offence.
I've broken it down for you, Jeb, since you can't seem to distinguish the question from the rest of the post. I listed the problems in the other post. If you need a refresher course, go back and read the list. The question is very simple.
What would YOU be posting if we had a Republican administration right now and all of the problems that have occurred during Obama's reign was happening during a Republican administration? Be truthful in your reply.

Location hidden

#50854 Jul 19, 2014
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>.....most of the so- called 'scandals' that you list are little more than the worst examples of partisan politics, imo. For the life of me, I can't understand why republicans don't get on with the business of finding a suitable candidate to run in 2016 instead of fixating on Obama- unless that they know don't have one! On that vein, whether Hillary decides to run or not- I may decide to vote for Liz Warren. She is cool.
So! You don't think Democrats USE partisan politics when they are SUPPORTING a candidate or their party in general? In other words, You think your party consists of paragons of virtue????? Be honest.
While you are addressing this, would you please address Harry Reid's FAILURE to bring bills to the floor of the Senate to be voted on? Thanks.
rename

Blairsville, GA

#50855 Jul 19, 2014
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe you can get a straight answer out of him. I can't. He dances around and just posts MORE left wing rhetoric.
Doncha think you've squeezed that Turnip head enough.....

He's an idiot....

Location hidden

#50856 Jul 19, 2014
The WB wrote:
<quoted text>
I've heard that yet being the dinosaur that I am, I never experienced it as a student. Educators took their jobs seriously back then as some I'm sure do today. Tenure, while providing security to educators against a sudden change in administration, has done what all seniority based systems have done, shield poor performance and dereliction of responsibility. By the way, you get to pay for the abuse and indoctrination of your kids and grand-kids under the guise of "academic integrity", that amorphous concept that university types like to try to hide behind in order to silence all critics and advance their progressive agenda.
+1 Well stated.

Speaking of colleges, the younger professors are arrogant and think they know it all and will change the world into their liberal way of thinking. The older ones think you should look upon them as wise and will try to lead you down the liberal path. All politics should ESPECIALLY be banned from college classrooms unless it's a course dealing SPECIFICALLY with politics.
GOP will never win again

United States

#50857 Jul 19, 2014
LOL @ Cheney talking about the worst presidents of his lifetime - he sure had some perspective, being VP to the worst president in our country's lifetime! Warmonger scum, both of them. I hope those oil profits were worth it, he's going to burn in hell for all of the innocent lives stolen.

Bill Clinton is the closest thing USA has to royalty, but GWB can't even show his face in public.

These trailer trash losers on here must have carried jock straps for the HS football team, the way they vote for the rich guys now.

Trickle down? Keep mopping the floor and talking tough on topix, idiots. No 10 of you combined make enough money to benefit from a republicant president.
Synergy

United States

#50858 Jul 19, 2014
rename wrote:
<quoted text>
Doncha think you've squeezed that Turnip head enough.....
He's an idiot....
Do you want to meet up later and squeeze your turnip head into my balloon knot?

Location hidden

#50859 Jul 19, 2014
The WB wrote:
The black population that is supporting the liberal agenda have no idea that it will be run rough shod over because of the illegals. The blacks comprise approximately 13% of the population and they are going to be rendered irrelevant. Too bad. They are supporting their own demise.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brunswick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) 52 min The WB 2,055
Blue Bar/Boondocks (Jan '12) Sun Daisy Dunken 17
Who runs the landscape shop in Woodbine? (Aug '08) Sep 11 magnola 25
GA Who do you support for Attorney General in Geor... (Oct '10) Sep 5 faisha 186
Part 12 Guy Heinze Jr. (May '10) Sep 4 Get Over It 1,185
Mater Construction Aug 31 rodeogirl31520 3
Help in Woodbine!!!!!! Aug 29 Alex 7
•••
•••
•••

Brunswick Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••