Churlish Truths

United States

#50284 Jul 16, 2014
silverfox wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my hates the POLL I posted which stated... Christians ARE the majority religion in America.
-
You might correctly state that the majority of Americans claim to be Christians but not correctly state that "Christians ARE the majority religion".
-
Anyone can claim to be Christian, anyone. Many people claim to be Christian but may have read only a little bit of a bible one time, if that. Others may got to church regularly just to be with a group. Many people say that they are Christian because they are afraid to say that they are not in a predominately "Christian" environment.
-
Trust me on this, it takes more guts to say "I am not Christian" in most Georgia towns than it does to claim to be Christian. A lot more guts.
-
Churlish Truths

United States

#50285 Jul 16, 2014
silverfox wrote:
<quoted text>
You've always said the opposite... that you hate RELIGION, not ALL the people. You liberals are a mixed up, wishy washy bunch... YOU wander the earth LOST. ROTFLOL
-
When you say "You've always said the opposite..." then that's when you quote me. You know how to do that? Go back, pick up what I said, put it in quotation marks and post with your backup bile.
-

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#50286 Jul 16, 2014
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
What a dunderhead, your own post states the original estimate was 14-mil, then states that actual signup was 8-mil, then states " fails to hit even half of its original target", better check you math on that.
"Obamacare is every bit as unpopular now as it was before", another lie, polls consistently show that a majority approve and want to improve, the option to repeal has always been a minority position.
But of those 8 million, only a whopping 4.6 million were previously uninsured. What happened to the other "35 million uninsured" that were just waiting for the chance to get insurance?

And now insurance providers are projecting double digit increases in premiums next year. Not that anyone ever believed the "you'll see an average savings of $2,500/family".

And you may want to look at more recent polls:
Rasmussen: view of Obamacare. 38% highly unfavorable, 54% unfavorable overall;
13% highly favorable, out of 39% favorable overall

NBC/ Marist poll of voters in Colorado and Michigan
Colorado - 46% STRONGLY believe passing Obamacare was a bad idea, good idea 26%
Michigan - 44% STRONGLY believe passing Obamacare was a bad idea, good IDE 24%
Churlish Truths

United States

#50287 Jul 16, 2014
silverfox wrote:
How many times have these RELIGION haters said..."I find ALL ORGANIZED RELIGION despicable", too darn many too count. THOUSANDS. LOL It' too late to change that thought.... not after saying it thousands & thousands of times.
-
That's not quoting. Here I'll show you how:
Copy and paste this, perhaps in an email draft:
I find them all (Christian, Jews, Muslims, all organized religions) equally despicable.
-
then
-
When you want quote it, go to your email draft,
copy and paste it in quotation marks. Like This:
"I find them all (Christian, Jews, Muslims, all organized religions) equally despicable."
-
Now compare are the two with what you said:
Mine: "I find them all (Christian, Jews, Muslims, all organized religions) equally despicable."
Yours: "I find ALL ORGANIZED RELIGION despicable"
-
Get it?
-

Location hidden

#50288 Jul 16, 2014
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
Uhmm, let's see, "all those little nit picky things" that you feel are so unimportant, but if they are in fact unimportant than why have they lead to soooooo many different flavors of ice cream.
It's really quite obvious, you declare a monolithic Christianity when you want to support your position, then declare that some branch is just CHINO (CHristian In Name Only) when it suits your purpose.
Riddle me this,
can a branch be Christian
and not accept a literal reading of the Bible,
or place women in the role of clergy,
or recognize that homosexuality is not a sin,
or recognize that abortion is a private decision,
or recognize that pure capitalism is not the best way to express the faith.
Where have I declared a "monolithic Christianity", where have I used the term CHINO?
You are the one straining at gnats here.

And please show us where anyone has claimed capitalism as a tenet of Christianity? Just can't stop making yourself look foolish, can you

Location hidden

#50289 Jul 16, 2014
rename wrote:
<quoted text>
Your problem dummy is those are not facts ..,,,they are from the delusions of a factless brain....
Everyone of those so called facts have been shot down numerous times ....
Conservatives are tired of wiping off the slobber you Libroids produce ...,,and so we respond accordingly like you sorry Libroids do....
They are the poster children for "garbage in, garbage out".
Churlish Truths

United States

#50290 Jul 16, 2014
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
He's done nothing but made this country look weak.
-
Yep, every time I see the video where he says:
"Good evening. Tonight, I can report to the American people and to the world that the United States has conducted an operation that killed Osama bin Laden, the leader of al Qaeda, and a terrorist whos responsible for the murder of thousands of innocent men, women, and children."
then I say, "Dang that's weak".
-
Then when I read this:
"The most important thing is for us to find Osama bin Laden. It is our number one priority and we will not rest until we find him." - G.W. Bush, 9/13/01
"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority." - G.W. Bush, 3/13/02
"I am truly not that concerned about him." - G.W. Bush, repsonding to a question about bin Laden's whereabouts, 3/13/02 (The New American, 4/8/02)
-
I say dang we need Bush back. He one strong dude.
-
rename

Blairsville, GA

#50291 Jul 16, 2014
Churlish Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
-

-
Anyone can claim to be Christian, anyone. Many people claim to be Christian but may have read only a little bit of a bible one time, if that. Others may got to church regularly just to be with a group. Many people say that they are Christian because they are afraid to say that they are not in a predominately "Christian" environment.
-
-

you need to preach this to the dummy Oh my..........he says there are complexities.....

Location hidden

#50292 Jul 16, 2014
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, don't argue with me, discuss this with Aggie23 since she set the basic qualifications for a Christian, any denomination that meets Aggie23's basic criteria is a legitimate Christian denomination regardless of what else they believe.
Once again you fail the logic test, and prove that denominational difference do make a difference to many.
Thanks for playing.
Oh, please, I stated that despite mostly "you say toMAto, I say toMAHto" differences, there are some basic beliefs inherent to being a Christian that strongly impact one's worldview. If you're going to "play", try being honest first.
rename

Blairsville, GA

#50293 Jul 16, 2014
Churlish Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
-

-
Now compare are the two with what you said:
Mine: "I find them all (Christian, Jews, Muslims, all organized religions) equally despicable."
Yours: "I find ALL ORGANIZED RELIGION despicable"
-
Get it?
-

Where's the beef..........

"all organized religions"
or
"I find ALL ORGANIZED RELIGION despicable"

Location hidden

#50294 Jul 16, 2014
Bill in Dville wrote:
Wow, looked who smartened up...
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jul/...
Interesting statement: "She said that, after she received attention on the Internet,I started getting a little more educated about politics, I started reading more. I learned never to trust the Wizard, its within ourselves.
It would be helpful if the clueless and uneducated got "a little more educated" about certain things...
What a lovely dream.

Location hidden

#50295 Jul 16, 2014
silverfox wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you so interested in Christianity? Catholics, Baptists, Methodists, Presbyterians, Pentecostals, Holiness... are all Christians. Just like Hasidic jews & Orthodox jews are all jews. Aggie explained it very well, if that explanation doesn't answer your questions, why don't you enroll in a college religion study class or even better, schedule an appointment with a minister, priest or rabbi. Maybe the priest can explain why some Catholics are strict traditionalists & others aren't. Maybe the rabbi can explain why some jews cook & eat kosher while others don't, why some jews eat pork & others don't... Why are you so anti-Christain when it's OBVIOUS you don't understand Christianity.... my goodness. An interfaith/mixed marriage, a Christian marrying a Jew, would have you spinning until you're dizzy, for days on end, wouldn't it? LOL
I'd be happy if she would just invest in a good dictionary.

Location hidden

#50296 Jul 16, 2014
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you again for proving my point, which is that denominational differences do make a difference, and that these differences prove that Christianity is NOT a monolithic block of believers.
Once again you PROVE that belief in the basic tenants of Christianity, at least those outlined by Aggie23, are NOT enough to define a Christian. For many there ARE additional criteria that people must satisfy to be considered Christina by others.
Keep posting, you are the prime example that denominational differences are not trivial.
Thanks for playing.
And the ignorance just keeps on coming.

Location hidden

#50297 Jul 16, 2014
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey pal, you the one that posted some statistic that showed that a MAJORITY of Americans were Christian, then proceeded to use that fact as the basis of support for YOUR views on the social issues of the day. In essence you were claiming that since the majority of Americans are Christian, and since you're a Christian, then your views are in the majority.
But that's not really the case is it, because Christianity is NOT the same for everyone, if it were the same for everyone then there would not be any denominations.
Of course you don't like to called on the stupidity of your posts, and now both you and rename have proven my point, denominational differences are not trivial, and all Christians are not alike. It's a real shame that you folks have soooo much trouble handling the complexities of the world.
Keep posting on this topic, you can help but continue to prove my point.
And here we have a complete twisting of the original argument.
silverfox

Albertville, AL

#50298 Jul 16, 2014
Churlish Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
-
You might correctly state that the majority of Americans claim to be Christians but not correctly state that "Christians ARE the majority religion".
-
-
Trust me on this, it takes more guts to say "I am not Christian" in most Georgia towns than it does to claim to be Christian. A lot more guts.
-
The atheist is suddenly the Christianity/ RELIGION expert. You OVERestimate how much Christians value your opinion. But, you are certainly OK by me to keep embarassing yourself.
rename

Blairsville, GA

#50299 Jul 16, 2014
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Where have I declared a "monolithic Christianity", where have I used the term CHINO?
You are the one straining at gnats here.
And please show us where anyone has claimed capitalism as a tenet of Christianity? Just can't stop making yourself look foolish, can you

I told the dummy you would say he is making a fool of himself..........whereas i would say I've made a fool of you....the results are the same...he's a fool..

rename

Blairsville, GA

#50300 Jul 16, 2014
Churlish Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
-
Then when I read this:
"The most important thing is for us to find Osama bin Laden. It is our number one priority and we will not rest until we find him." - G.W. Bush, 9/13/01
"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority." - G.W. Bush, 3/13/02
"I am truly not that concerned about him." - G.W. Bush, repsonding to a question about bin Laden's whereabouts, 3/13/02 (The New American, 4/8/02)

-
I say dang we need Bush back. He one strong dude.
-

The first 2 quotes were created by left wing radical websites and blogs........Bush never said such.......
He did say the last quote..........

mixing 2 lies with one truth does not improve your score card dummy.....

rename

Blairsville, GA

#50301 Jul 16, 2014
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd be happy if she would just invest in a good dictionary.

and learn the meanings of words..........and inaction of words.....

rename

Blairsville, GA

#50302 Jul 16, 2014
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
And the ignorance just keeps on coming.

you do know he has complexities,,,,,,,,,,dont you.........

rename

Blairsville, GA

#50303 Jul 16, 2014

well heck..........a Resort for illegals..........those citizens living in the poor areas are goona be upset about illegals getting priority.........

"Baptist Child and Family Services Withdraws Bid for Palm Aire Resort (Video)"

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014/07/big-u...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brunswick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
My family wants to relocate to a section 8 rent... (Jan '11) May 18 Just Saying 11
Blue Bar/Boondocks (Jan '12) May 17 Danny Noonan 19
News Remembering slain Rolonda Roberts (Sep '07) May 15 ashley roberts 60
considering moving to the Brunswick area May 14 Danny Noonan 9
Anyone know? Apr '15 Snuffy 1
News Student faces weapons charge Tyler Heinze, 17, ... (Mar '11) Apr '15 UKk 19
Looking for info on Felisha Ponsell Apr '15 me2youlol 8
More from around the web

Brunswick People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]