Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
The WB

Pendergrass, GA

#49277 Jul 9, 2014
Aggie23 wrote:
And speaking of runaway regulation. Now the EPA claims it can "unilaterally garnish the wages of individuals who have been accused of violating its rules." Key words there: "unilaterally garnish" "accused".
A notice in last week's Federal Register claimed that federal law allows the EPA to "garnish non-Federal wages to collect delinquent non-tax debts owed the United States without first obtaining a court order."
The EPA gets to choose whether or not an individual can even get a hearing. They can decide the "case" without ever hearing the individual's argument.
IF the EPA grants a hearing, they choose the location, potentially requiring prohibitive travel costs.
EPA gets to choose the "judge" regardless of qualifications.
It puts the burden on the individual to "prove" their position rather than requiring the EPA prove theirs.
Examples of recent actions: a man builds a pond on his property after getting permission from his state regulatory commission - the EPA decides it violates the Clean Water Act (tell it to the wildlife that are loving it). The EPA slaps a $75,000/day fine on him. WHY?
http://trib.com/news/state-and-regional/man-v...
The latest info I could find was from June and the only change is that apparently the per/day fine is actually twice what was initially reported.
==========
The Supreme Court in March 2012 smacked down the EPA in a unanimous decision in a case where the EPA denied landowners the right to even have "judicial review" after the EPA SEIZED CONTROL of a couple's private property by declaring it to be "wetlands" - and imposed a $75,000/day fine. This power grab by the EPA could be a response to this case.
Big government progressives loves them some Napoleonic Law. Wait til it turns on them, then they will begin to get the message.
silverfox

Ashburn, GA

#49278 Jul 9, 2014
rename wrote:
<quoted text>
I own you dummy..........
He has some sort of strange, twisted fascination with hijacking your ID. Lol
rename

Carnesville, GA

#49279 Jul 9, 2014
silverfox wrote:
<quoted text>He has some sort of strange, twisted fascination with hijacking your ID. Lol

The dummy wants to be me....his master...

silverfox

Ashburn, GA

#49280 Jul 9, 2014
Drinking beer & shooting pool, not a care at home nor a worry in the world.

http://m.weeklystandard.com/blogs/dem-rep-rip...

Pelham, TN

#49281 Jul 9, 2014
DapperDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly Billy steps in with another heaping pile of preposterous, asinine blather. There's no need to pay for admission to the circus when you're here to entertain us with you unique brand of clownish buffoonery.
Some of us actually like you. You remind us of when we were young and stupid.
LOL
Did you catch the link to "Joe the plumber" that all the blather was about? Evidently Joey and Billy boy have just discovered that we in fact live in a republic, well duh. That pathetically tired, adolescent attempt to equate little "r" republic with big "R" Republican is what one would expect from an eighth grader trying to impress little Sally. Are they for real?

"Hey folks, uh golly gee, don't you know that we live in a "republic" and not a democracy" that means Republicans good Democrats bad. ROFLMAO

Are they really that pathetic? Apparently so.

Joe the Plumber? ROFLMAO x2
silverfox

Ashburn, GA

#49282 Jul 9, 2014
Hey folks, uh, golly gee... she got it all wrong... it's...

Conservatives- Tigers
Liberals - prey

We devour you & growl when it's over.
rename

Carnesville, GA

#49283 Jul 9, 2014
silverfox wrote:
Hey folks, uh, golly gee... she got it all wrong... it's...

Conservatives- Tigers
Liberals - prey

We devour you & growl when it's over.

And all those sorry Libroids do is make us belch.......

Surely there is a better prey around.....

In the mean while we continue to use. Gas X to relieve us from their gas inducing posts.....

Also their gagging posts....

The WB

Dahlonega, GA

#49284 Jul 9, 2014
Rep. Steve King has come out in favor of having governors call up the national guard in their respective states to stem the tide of illegal border crossings.
I think it's a great idea and suggest that congress fund obama's request for emergency funds, but give the funds to the states that actually call up the militia and shut down the border.
The feds don't need the money, they have already started laying off ICE agents on the southern border.
silverfox

Ashburn, GA

#49285 Jul 9, 2014
rename wrote:
<quoted text>
And all those sorry Libroids do is make us belch.......
Surely there is a better prey around.....
In the mean while we continue to use. Gas X to relieve us from their gas inducing posts.....
Also their gagging posts....
Easy prey...not very tasty, but easy.
Lol
know it

Cleveland, GA

#49286 Jul 9, 2014
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
Just curious....what do you blame on Obama?
The honest truth is I blame Obama for a lot of our troubles, but I know most of what he has now is leftovers. You can't fix the 2nd worldwide depression as fast as everyone wants, and even trying to solve the unsolvable middle east problem is a fools adventure. But the biggest and worst thing that has come from his time is office is people like you crawled out of the mud and think you know, you don't. You are clueless and misinformed, and to dumb to know it.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#49287 Jul 9, 2014
Churlish Truths wrote:
-
Finally something that ALL PARTIES agree on:
STFU Palin STFU. LOL
-
"Poll: Most call for less Sarah Palin
An NBC News/Wall Street Journal/Annenberg Public Policy Center of the University of Pennsylvania poll released Wednesday showed that 54 percent of registered voters surveyed would prefer that the former vice presidential nominee be less outspoken about politics.
It’s not just Democrats clamoring for her to take more of a back seat — four in 10 Republicans agreed with two-thirds of Democrats and a majority of independents,"
What a shocker that that is what the article would use for its title and what you would concentrate on. Count me in the 60% of Republicans who are more than happy to hear more from Sarah Palin. But I found other parts of the poll MUCH more interesting.

While 52% think the economy has improved (47% don't), only 36% think Obama deserves any credit for it.

52% think Obamacare needs a major over haul or complete elimination.

Location hidden

#49288 Jul 9, 2014
DapperDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly Billy steps in with another heaping pile of preposterous, asinine blather. There's no need to pay for admission to the circus when you're here to entertain us with you unique brand of clownish buffoonery.
Some of us actually like you. You remind us of when we were young and stupid.
Table of Contents
Substantive refutation of D'ville Bill's points - 0%
Word Salad - 100%

Location hidden

#49289 Jul 9, 2014
rename wrote:
@ OMTE and Aggie..........
I'm not stepping into this quagmire or wanting to create dissension..........but do have a few points in regards to muslims..........and let yall continue……..
Anyone remember their history of the Barbary Pirate wars in the middle east????
If not, the Marine Corp Hymn includes a bit of it..........
"From the halls of Montezuma, to the shores of Tripoli."
Muslims pirates were attacking American trade ships, taking over their cargo and taking their merchant men as hostages for ransom.....
America’s scrape with the muslims was started in 1785 by the muslims, when we were barely a Nation…
and finally was ended by America with the second Barbary War in 1815………….
"According to Robert Davis, between 1 million and 1.25 million Europeans were captured by Barbary pirates and sold as slaves between the 16th and 19th centuries."
Does this sound familar?????? as in Muslims running amok???
"In March 1785, Thomas Jefferson and John Adams went to London to negotiate with Tripoli's envoy, Ambassador Sidi Haji Abdrahaman (or Sidi Haji Abdul Rahman Adja). When they enquired "concerning the ground of the pretensions to make war upon nations who had done them no injury", the ambassador replied:
“ It was written in their Koran, that all nations which had not acknowledged the Prophet were sinners, whom it was the right and duty of the faithful to plunder and enslave; and that every mussulman who was slain in this warfare was sure to go to paradise. He said, also, that the man who was the first to board a vessel had one slave over and above his share, and that when they sprang to the deck of an enemy's ship, every sailor held a dagger in each hand and a third in his mouth; which usually struck such terror into the foe that they cried out for quarter at once."
A partial part of the history can be found here……….
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Barbary_Wa...
There is more than just religion that affects folks attitudes, actions, and decisions……..it is their customs and their history together that tells us what to expect…………
Same goes if we visit Japan, India, France, Germany, or any country for that matter……….people are different in different parts of the world…even here in America where we see a big difference between liberals and conservatives……
There is one big difference with the muslims though…..their religion is the fabric of their lives, whether in a repressive muslim state run by Mullahs or Muslim religion leaders, or in a more modern and open State such as Jordan.
Islam claims to be a peaceful religion, but historical evidence shows the muslims use their religion as the basis for their wars against each other, and other nationalities…..it has always been so since the founder of Islam died….and his cut-throat sons had a falling out….
Please, your opinion is welcome and the facts you stated simply underscore why my own post seemed contradictory. I do not want to outright condemn every adherent of a religion because of the actions of a minority. But, there is not enough internal condemnation of Islamic terrorism and the tenets of the religion itself are arguably in favor of violence to achieve an Islamic caliphate. Islam is not a religion any thinking person should want to see spread any further than it already has. Europe needs to seriously look at closing immigration to Muslims. Their communities are growing larger in every European country and they are becoming more and more strident in their DEMANDS for Sharia courts for Muslims. THAT is dangerous and the sure road to destruction for those countries.

Location hidden

#49290 Jul 9, 2014
silverfox wrote:
<quoted text>
Easy prey...not very tasty, but easy.
Lol
Things without a brain don't taste good.

Location hidden

#49291 Jul 9, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
Did you catch the link to "Joe the plumber" that all the blather was about? Evidently Joey and Billy boy have just discovered that we in fact live in a republic, well duh. That pathetically tired, adolescent attempt to equate little "r" republic with big "R" Republican is what one would expect from an eighth grader trying to impress little Sally. Are they for real?
"Hey folks, uh golly gee, don't you know that we live in a "republic" and not a democracy" that means Republicans good Democrats bad. ROFLMAO
Are they really that pathetic? Apparently so.
Joe the Plumber? ROFLMAO x2
Oh, please show us where the article makes the connections you are claiming. It is your little comrades on here that constantly harp on "we have a democracy and you right wingers just have to live with the results" and other variations on that theme that all use "democracy" as the foundation. The article is just one more time where the Right is attempting to educate the Left on some of the basic foundations of this country. Believe me, we would LOVE to not have to correct y'all constantly. It gets tiresome.

Location hidden

#49292 Jul 9, 2014
know it wrote:
<quoted text>
The honest truth is I blame Obama for a lot of our troubles, but I know most of what he has now is leftovers. You can't fix the 2nd worldwide depression as fast as everyone wants, and even trying to solve the unsolvable middle east problem is a fools adventure. But the biggest and worst thing that has come from his time is office is people like you crawled out of the mud and think you know, you don't. You are clueless and misinformed, and to dumb to know it.
u can always tell if some 1 is lying, they start off with "The honest truth".

Location hidden

#49293 Jul 9, 2014
Well, is anyone surprised?

First a definition: OCS - Office Communications Server - an internal IRS chat system

==========
"On April 9, 2013, Lerner … sent an email to IT employee Maria Hooke, asking about the OCS and whether Congress could access those messages.

"I was cautioning folks about email and how we have had several occasions where Congress has asked for emails and there has been an electronic search for responsive emails -- so we need to be cautious about what we say in emails," Lerner wrote.

She forwarded a question about whether the chat system conversations were also searchable.

Hooke responded that the messages "are not set to automatically save" but anyone could "copy and save the contents" to an email or file.

She recommended that the agency treat these conversations "as if it could/is being saved [somewhere], as it is possible for either party of the conversation to retain the information and have it turn up as part of the electronic search."
Lerner replied: "Perfect."

==========
Will someone just please charge this woman with obstruction of justice and get on with it?
jeb stuart

Fitzgerald, GA

#49294 Jul 9, 2014
rename wrote:
@ OMTE and Aggie..........
I'm not stepping into this quagmire or wanting to create dissension..........but do have a few points in regards to muslims..........and let yall continue……..
Anyone remember their history of the Barbary Pirate wars in the middle east????
If not, the Marine Corp Hymn includes a bit of it..........
"From the halls of Montezuma, to the shores of Tripoli."
Muslims pirates were attacking American trade ships, taking over their cargo and taking their merchant men as hostages for ransom.....
America’s scrape with the muslims was started in 1785 by the muslims, when we were barely a Nation…
and finally was ended by America with the second Barbary War in 1815………….
"According to Robert Davis, between 1 million and 1.25 million Europeans were captured by Barbary pirates and sold as slaves between the 16th and 19th centuries."
Does this sound familar?????? as in Muslims running amok???
"In March 1785, Thomas Jefferson and John Adams went to London to negotiate with Tripoli's envoy, Ambassador Sidi Haji Abdrahaman (or Sidi Haji Abdul Rahman Adja). When they enquired "concerning the ground of the pretensions to make war upon nations who had done them no injury", the ambassador replied:
“ It was written in their Koran, that all nations which had not acknowledged the Prophet were sinners, whom it was the right and duty of the faithful to plunder and enslave; and that every mussulman who was slain in this warfare was sure to go to paradise. He said, also, that the man who was the first to board a vessel had one slave over and above his share, and that when they sprang to the deck of an enemy's ship, every sailor held a dagger in each hand and a third in his mouth; which usually struck such terror into the foe that they cried out for quarter at once."
A partial part of the history can be found here……….
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Barbary_Wa...
There is more than just religion that affects folks attitudes, actions, and decisions……..it is their customs and their history together that tells us what to expect…………
Same goes if we visit Japan, India, France, Germany, or any country for that matter……….people are different in different parts of the world…even here in America where we see a big difference between liberals and conservatives……
There is one big difference with the muslims though…..their religion is the fabric of their lives, whether in a repressive muslim state run by Mullahs or Muslim religion leaders, or in a more modern and open State such as Jordan.
Islam claims to be a peaceful religion, but historical evidence shows the muslims use their religion as the basis for their wars against each other, and other nationalities…..it has always been so since the founder of Islam died….and his cut-throat sons had a falling out….
One of the biggest reasons that the U.S. declared war on England in 1812 was because the Royal navy was seizing American ships on the high seas and 'impressing', or forcing American sailors to serve in the Royal Navy ( practically as slaves ). But that was Christians against Christians so I guess that it doesn't count, huh.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#49295 Jul 9, 2014
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, please show us where the article makes the connections you are claiming. It is your little comrades on here that constantly harp on "we have a democracy and you right wingers just have to live with the results" and other variations on that theme that all use "democracy" as the foundation. The article is just one more time where the Right is attempting to educate the Left on some of the basic foundations of this country. Believe me, we would LOVE to not have to correct y'all constantly. It gets tiresome.
"Believe me, we would LOVE to not have to correct y'all constantly. It gets tiresome."

+1 many times over.

The sad thing is, the votes of these clueless and uneducated people, many that don't contribute anything to society, count the same as those people that DO contribute to society.

----------
Difference between Liberals and Conservatives…
Liberals think we should be equal at the finish line.
Conservatives think we should be equal at the starting line.

“Liberals seem to assume that, if you don’t believe in their particular political solutions, then you don’t really care about the people that they claim to want to help.”
Thomas Sowell
rename

Carnesville, GA

#49296 Jul 9, 2014
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>One of the biggest reasons that the U.S. declared war on England in 1812 was because the Royal navy was seizing American ships on the high seas and 'impressing', or forcing American sailors to serve in the Royal Navy ( practically as slaves ). But that was Christians against Christians so I guess that it doesn't count, huh.

Your such an idiot...I shouldn't even respond......

Buy since you are making a libroid effort to include native Americans as Christians... I feel someone must point out your complete ignorance.....

Native Americans were not considered Christians dummy.....

Therefore it was not a war based on religious beliefs .....it was based on possession of territory .....

While I mentioned Muslims running amok again.... I will also mention Libroids running amok on topix.....showing their stupidity and dumbness about history and making just plain fools of their sorry selves.....

BTW.......

You still have that Quare cat ??

The local paper has an ad,,, someone named pretty boy is looking for one...

Says he's willing to buy the cat ,,, breed it with a Quare squirrel and you can have pick of the litter .....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brunswick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Best Fishing Spots Jun 28 Coffee 1
Jekyll Island Music Thread (Nov '14) Jun 13 Musikologist 2
considering moving to the Brunswick area May '15 Raisingbrunswick 11
School Board Hires....??? May '15 Inquiring Minds 1
My family wants to relocate to a section 8 rent... (Jan '11) May '15 Just Saying 11
Blue Bar/Boondocks (Jan '12) May '15 Danny Noonan 19
News Remembering slain Rolonda Roberts (Sep '07) May '15 ashley roberts 60
More from around the web

Brunswick People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Brunswick Mortgages