Comments
4,201 - 4,220 of 53,090 Comments Last updated 45 min ago

Since: Jul 12

Douglasville, GA

#4629 Mar 8, 2013
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>with all due respects,dave,i don't refer to alternate websites,posts,etc.not that i do not trust you,i have just lost my trust in some folks integrity on this site.but i agree that you never said that they actually had the ability to do such.
The article posted was just something to think about as I had already wondered about the same thing myself. Even that article doesn't know what the N.Koreans really have and they are just looking at what could be, just as I have done.
Just remember never judge a book by its cover. If you do you are going to get burnt.
jeb stuart

Jesup, GA

#4630 Mar 8, 2013
OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>The point is they made a threat and we're a dam fool if we underestimate anyone. I'd give their a$$ a deadline to retract or be annihilated. We invaded Iraq on the assumption that they had WMD. These people have already set off three miniature bombs. That's why the sanctions are in place. Who will be held accountable if they blow up the troops in South Korea?
not sayin' that we should underestimate them.but we should take into account their current abilities,our current domestic financial situation,the possible world ramifications,etc.

Douglasville, GA

#4631 Mar 8, 2013
OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>The point is they made a threat and we're a dam fool if we underestimate anyone. I'd give their a$$ a deadline to retract or be annihilated. We invaded Iraq on the assumption that they had WMD. These people have already set off three miniature bombs. That's why the sanctions are in place. Who will be held accountable if they blow up the troops in South Korea?
I don't think they would want to destroy S.Korea because the South is so prosperous and has such good manufacturing facilities, technology and a very progressive capitalistic society. This is worth billions of dollars to them. They would want to capture S.Korea whole and mostly unharmed which would give the North a huge leap into the modern world of technology and it's society.
This is how I would look at it, but I really have no idea how the North is looking at it. They aren't totally stupid.
OMTE

Perry, GA

#4632 Mar 8, 2013
I say if they want to use them drones so bad here's a fine time.
jeb stuart

Jesup, GA

#4633 Mar 8, 2013
glorya wrote:
<quoted text>
I fear the nearest target would be South Korea & the 30,000 Americans living there. Possibly?
nother good point.can we be assured that a 'first strike' won't kill them and millions of 'friendly south koreans'?

Douglasville, GA

#4634 Mar 8, 2013
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>nother good point.can we be assured that a 'first strike' won't kill them and millions of 'friendly south koreans'?
The U.S. would have to use the neutron bomb or some of its newer high tech weapons to assure there would be no radiation in the South.
jeb stuart

Jesup, GA

#4635 Mar 8, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry OmTE, I need to just jump in here for a minute to make a statement as the post were written by me. You may add anything you like in your own response.
Jeb, If you had actually carefully read my post which were post#4571 and 4587 you would see that I said that I didn't know what weapons they actually had and I used the word several times, IF, if they actually had nuclear capabilities that would change the whole picture. They would then become a serious threat and IF N. Korea did not retract the statements that they were going to nuke us then I would probably make a first strike.
Remember it would take but one nuclear explosion 150 miles high above the U.S. to cause an EMP to destroy most if not all of our electrical and electronic systems. How would you like to go without electricity for 4 to 5 years? Think what would happen to our country. The thought of this happening is intolerable.
I happened to come across this article today which might unnerve you somewhat but give it a read. It is a distinct possibility.
http://www.wnd.com/2013/03/new-threats-sugges...
does this theory not apply to the U.S.?
jeb stuart

Jesup, GA

#4636 Mar 8, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text> The U.S. would have to use the neutron bomb or some of its newer high tech weapons to assure there would be no radiation in the South.
or south korea?
jeb stuart

Jesup, GA

#4637 Mar 8, 2013
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>or south korea?
so,if i am to understand to you correctly,then the U.S. has the ability to totally destroy north korea,without harming anyone below the 38 degree paralell,is that correct.
OMTE

Perry, GA

#4638 Mar 8, 2013
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>so,if i am to understand to you correctly,then the U.S. has the ability to totally destroy north korea,without harming anyone below the 38 degree paralell,is that correct.
That's correct if they tell our guys to get the hell out of there before they level the place.

Douglasville, GA

#4639 Mar 8, 2013
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>does this theory not apply to the U.S.?
If I understand your question, I am talking about the U.S. being targeted by an EMP bomb from N.Korea. Any country with a nuclear bomb can use them to produce a EMP bomb.
EMP stands for electromagnetic pulse.

Douglasville, GA

#4640 Mar 8, 2013
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>so,if i am to understand to you correctly,then the U.S. has the ability to totally destroy north korea,without harming anyone below the 38 degree paralell,is that correct.
I don't know if I would go that far, but that would depend on the logistics, types and targeting of our weapons.
Again I am sorry but the Pentagon hasn't told me all their secrets yet. I do think that you as well as myself would be surprised what the military has locked up behind heavy closed doors.
jeb stuart

Jesup, GA

#4641 Mar 8, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know if I would go that far, but that would depend on the logistics, types and targeting of our weapons.
Again I am sorry but the Pentagon hasn't told me all their secrets yet. I do think that you as well as myself would be surprised what the military has locked up behind heavy closed doors.
well,while me and may not know,it seems omte may have some inside info,maybe we should defer to him,huh.

Douglasville, GA

#4642 Mar 8, 2013
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>well,while me and may not know,it seems omte may have some inside info,maybe we should defer to him,huh.
OMTE is a fighter first and then he tries to figure it out. That is his main fault. He will soon learn to think about his opponent, what he is or is not fighting for and then the smart way to do it. In other words he is like a young Gung-Ho Marine.
jeb stuart

Jesup, GA

#4643 Mar 8, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
agree,but don't think either of us would be surprised bout wat they know bout they know bout n.korea.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#4644 Mar 8, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
OMTE is a fighter first and then he tries to figure it out. That is his main fault. He will soon learn to think about his opponent, what he is or is not fighting for and then the smart way to do it. In other words he is like a young Gung-Ho Marine.
Pardon me for butting in, but please don't insult the Marines like that.

Douglasville, GA

#4645 Mar 8, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
I was just trying to make a point. He has always been polite and acted like a man to me. I have had no problem with him. We don't always agree, but how many people always agree with each other?
I do get along with most people on Topix but there have been a few that I have had it out with. I just think that people have more in common with each other than we realize. We all bleed red blood, want to be loved, and want happiness. What a great world it would be if we all could just live that way. Too bad that isn't the way it is. Always remember that I am a realist!

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#4646 Mar 8, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I was just trying to make a point. He has always been polite and acted like a man to me. I have had no problem with him. We don't always agree, but how many people always agree with each other?
I do get along with most people on Topix but there have been a few that I have had it out with. I just think that people have more in common with each other than we realize. We all bleed red blood, want to be loved, and want happiness. What a great world it would be if we all could just live that way. Too bad that isn't the way it is. Always remember that I am a realist!
And I agree with virtually everything you wrote. It is possible to disagree without being disagreeable. And I would enjoy debating differing opinions if it would not sink into the gutter. And I readily admit that once provoked, I will give it right back to an extent. However, unlike in the exchanges you, he and Jeb have just had - the poster in question rarely posts anything without using profanity and vulgarity and if he can't argue a position, he defaults into personal attacks that are over the top rude. I was not trying to be funny in my comment, I greatly respect our armed forces and to place them in any way in comparison to him is, in my mind, an insult.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#4647 Mar 8, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
And I agree with virtually everything you wrote. It is possible to disagree without being disagreeable. And I would enjoy debating differing opinions if it would not sink into the gutter. And I readily admit that once provoked, I will give it right back to an extent. However, unlike in the exchanges you, he and Jeb have just had - the poster in question rarely posts anything without using profanity and vulgarity and if he can't argue a position, he defaults into personal attacks that are over the top rude. I was not trying to be funny in my comment, I greatly respect our armed forces and to place them in any way in comparison to him is, in my mind, an insult.
+1

Why waste your time?

Just ignore 'em...
jeb stuart

Jesup, GA

#4648 Mar 8, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
pardon me but how did he insult the marines,this is great intrest to me.i love the U.S. marines-do or die, semper fi!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brunswick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for Attorney General in Geor... (Oct '10) 10 hr Pfffft 185
might be moving to Brunswick Aug 26 whimzy 1
Help in Woodbine!!!!!! Aug 21 Abby 6
Does anyone know Jason Carlin (Aug '13) Aug 16 marcuswade 5
Infowars.com banned from Facebook Aug 15 Jeb 1
Part 12 Guy Heinze Jr. (May '10) Aug 13 Get Over It 1,181
Did Morenos court order shut down Kingsland and... Aug 3 kazoo 3
•••
•••
•••

Brunswick Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000