Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#43984 May 12, 2014
ChicknButt wrote:
To be a good Republican one needs to believe:

(deleted for being indistinguishable from garbage)
Must you declare your ignorance so unashamedly. Only the Westboro idiots and their ilk twist the Bible and say "Jesus hates homosexuals." Believing in the sanctity of marriage and its definition as being between one man and one woman is not a statement of hate, it is a simple recognition of the importance of that relationship to the individuals involved, the children that may result and the society that is strengthened by strong marriages and families.
I don't hate Hillary Clinton, I despise her for the horrid example she set for young women and the liberal agenda she believes in.

As to the rest, not worth my time.
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

#43985 May 12, 2014
Dominicks grocery Stores -

In 1993, Dominick DiMatteo, Jr. died from lung cancer. According to the local press, his daughters and son did not have the same passion for the supermarket business. There was corporate infighting that also contributed to the family selling the chain. It took three years before the company was sold to a Los-Angeles-based grocery investment firm headed by Yucaipa Co.[7]

In 1998, the chain's then 116 stores were acquired by Safeway Inc. Safeway soon began to sell its own private-label brands at Dominick's locations, replacing Dominick's former private-label brands. According to a grocery business consultant, "Dominick’s focused on purchasing produce and meat on quality first, price second. Safeway did just the opposite."[8] Dominick's lost market share and profits following the Safeway takeover. Safeway tried to imitate the model that had been successful in California, but Chicago's strong ethnic background did not mesh well with the California shopping experience. Between 2002 and 2007, Dominick's market share in the Chicago region declined from 24.4 percent to 14.5 percent. Jewel-Osco's 40.5 percent is the market's leader.[9] Safeway unsuccessfully attempted to sell the Dominick's chain in 2003.[10] Safeway then reported Dominick's financial information as a discontinued operation,[11] but more recently, Safeway announced that it was retaining the chain.[12]

After closing more than 20 stores since its acquisition, Safeway announced in February 2007 that it would close another 14 stores in the Chicago area and convert 20 existing stores to the lifestyle format
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

#43986 May 12, 2014
Sbarro's, Red Lobster -

Restaurants in general have a high turnover rate. Sbarro's? Have you ever eaten at one? That food is pure crap.

Red Lobster has suffered for a long time, as have many other Darden's chains, including Olive Garden. Widely documented - not enough room to print the details here. In short, they're not competitive in quality at the price-tier they're working at.

Ralphs, owned by Kroger, competes with Albertsons, and Ralphs purchased Albertsons. They got hit with huge fines for felony crimes related to anti-union activitiy and falsifying employees social-security numbers. Imagine how that went over in California..

Ralphs Grocery Company has contracts with the United Food and Commercial Workers, the largest grocery union in the United States. In late 2003 and early 2004, Ralphs locked out its workers who were members of the UFCW in sympathy with competitor Vons (owned by Safeway Inc.) in Southern California, after the UFCW had declared a strike against Vons. The issues in contract negotiations included healthcare benefits and wage structure, which the supermarkets contended were necessary to reduce their costs and make themselves competitive with discount chains such as Walmart. In March 2004, the strike ended with a settlement regarded as a victory for the grocery chains: new hires would be on a much lower pay scale than existing workers and receive far less generous health benefits.

On October 16, 2006, Ralphs agreed to pay $70 million to settle felony charges that it illegally rehired locked out employees using false names and social security numbers during the strike. Fifty million dollars of the settlement was to be paid to eligible UFCW members, with the remainder being paid in fines to the federal government.[2]
==========
It's interesting: The article you've linked to is repeated over and over, verbatim, on the right-wing websites. On a google search- these come up first:

Offthegridnews .com
Stormfront .com
Godlikeproductions .com (UFO's! Conspiracy Theories! Lunatic Fringe!)
D.C. Clothesline (Airing out America's Dirty Laundry!)
SacredTruthPublishing .com
Fundamental Refounding (Where the sun will never set on our liberty!)
TheBurningPlatform. com

Proof of Google results: http://bit.ly/RBjKd9

==========

In short - facts, twisted beyond all recognition with every drop of common-sense and reality squeezed out them, offered up by the right-wing-press and submitted at a tasty reward for those that drool and salivate for the next tidbit from the lunatic-fringe-right-wing-echo -chamber press.
You'd have to be an idiot to read this stuff.

Location hidden

#43987 May 12, 2014
rename wrote:
<quoted text>
She trained at the footstool of Pelosi..........
Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dumber
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

#43988 May 12, 2014
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Fair question, here are some things I support:
Major tax reform. A flat tax potentially or possibly a sales tax that did not apply to food items at minimum. Food stuffs are necessities and a tax on those would unfairly hit the poor. A flat tax or something equally uncomplicated would unleash a massive amount of money that is currently spent of tax preparation and tax avoidance to be spent to stimulate the economy. Sorry tax attorneys and tax accountants, time to regroup.
Welfare reform. The reforms that the Republican congress dragged Clinton into supporting worked and Clinton now heralds it as a success of his administration. Obama tanked it. The welfare system as it currently exists destroys families and destroys the individual. Of course, we should help those who can't (not won't) help themselves. The cliche holds true - a hand up, not a hand out.
Abolish the Dept of Education. Local control works best because the local community has a vested interest in the quality of the schools. Parents want the best for their children, businesses want good schools to attract good employees, realtors love good schools in order to make their job easier. Win, win, win, win, win. Have the tax money follow the child (not force the child into whatever local school is closest, regardless of quality) to whatever school the parent chooses - competition will make the schools fight to be the best in order to attract students.
I agree with Ruth Bader Ginsberg, Roe V Wade was "bad law". The decision should have been left to the states.
Strengthen the border. Build a fence, wall, whatever it takes. If we have to militarize it, so be it. A country that cannot control its own border is a country that cannot protect itself.
NO amnesty. You don't get rewarded for breaking the law.
That's a few - blast away.
Alright, Aggie - if you were the entire Conservative Party of the US, and I were the entire Liberal Party of the US, and we sat down with this as a starting point, I imagine that we could come to reasonable working compromises on at least these items.
Tax Reform - To begin with, I believe all income needs to be taxed - a sales tax wouldn't do it for me. I'd like every American to pay some tax, everybody needs to be invested in the game. I think about 90% of America should have a simple tax rate, no deductions. I believe the very lowest and the very highest few points need to be on different, sloped rates. No tax breaks for corporations - same deal - you earn income, you pay. No shelters, no shuffling money offshore, you do business in the us, you pay., Simple.
Welfare Reform - We're surprisingly close on this. Systems need to be in place to help those in need, without anybody falling through the cracks. These people are our citizens..
We also need to end multi-generational welfare abusers, and those who game the system.
We also need to kill ALL corporate welfare. No subsidies, no breaks. No bail-outs.
Education - Not sure I agree with abolishing the Dept of Education, or with local control (as standards would vary largely by demographics, further limiting class mobility issues).. but I agree that a quality education for EVERYONE is the single-most important thing this country can do. I'd lay it all on the table, as long as the results achieved that goal in a fair and effective way.
Borders - I agree with you on the borders. You don't come in, or leave, without us knowing. That's just common sense. Amnesty? Most people here illegally need to go back to where they came from. However, I would temper that with a bit of humanity for those that have been here for a long time and have exhibited themselves as model citizens. Jumped the fence last year? Get the hell out!
But - you've only laid our your less controversial opinions - When it comes to energy, corporate regulations, how to create jobs, etc, foreign policy, military spending, health care-- I doubt we'd ever be in agreement, based on your posts here.
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

#43989 May 12, 2014
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
No? Taking care of our soldiers isn't worth addressing?

The hypocrisy of citing the Constitution on some issues, but not others, isn't problematic for you?
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

#43990 May 12, 2014
BTW - no green M&M's. Ignore this post for now.

Location hidden

#43991 May 12, 2014
ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
Alright, Aggie - if you were the entire Conservative Party of the US, and I were the entire Liberal Party of the US, and we sat down with this as a starting point, I imagine that we could come to reasonable working compromises on at least these items.
Tax Reform - To begin with, I believe all income needs to be taxed - a sales tax wouldn't do it for me. I'd like every American to pay some tax, everybody needs to be invested in the game. I think about 90% of America should have a simple tax rate, no deductions. I believe the very lowest and the very highest few points need to be on different, sloped rates. No tax breaks for corporations - same deal - you earn income, you pay. No shelters, no shuffling money offshore, you do business in the us, you pay., Simple.
Welfare Reform - We're surprisingly close on this. Systems need to be in place to help those in need, without anybody falling through the cracks. These people are our citizens..
We also need to end multi-generational welfare abusers, and those who game the system.
We also need to kill ALL corporate welfare. No subsidies, no breaks. No bail-outs.
Education - Not sure I agree with abolishing the Dept of Education, or with local control (as standards would vary largely by demographics, further limiting class mobility issues).. but I agree that a quality education for EVERYONE is the single-most important thing this country can do. I'd lay it all on the table, as long as the results achieved that goal in a fair and effective way.
Borders - I agree with you on the borders. You don't come in, or leave, without us knowing. That's just common sense. Amnesty? Most people here illegally need to go back to where they came from. However, I would temper that with a bit of humanity for those that have been here for a long time and have exhibited themselves as model citizens. Jumped the fence last year? Get the hell out!
(deleted for space)
I have to admit, I am exceedingly and pleasantly surprised by your response. I actually agree completely with everyone paying some taxes - as you say, everyone being "invested". As such, I would prefer a flat tax over a sales tax. Somewhere between 10-15% with little or no deductions. Probably a lower rate for lower income.

Welfare reform - sounds like we are on the same page

Corporate welfare - I would probably agree with you as long as the nominal tax rate was lowered from the current 35%(I think that's right)

I still say abolish Dept of Education, one size fits all just doesn't work. Our public school students have been used as lab rats for the latest educational theory du jour for too long and I think Common Core is just the latest incarnation of educational lunacy.

I see your point on those aliens who have been here a long time, but it doesn't change the fact they have "jumped line" on those who tried to follow the rules. I would absolutely like to see the Constitution amended to prevent the babies of those here illegally being considered citizens. If the mom is here illegally, the baby is not granted citizenship.

You are calling these "less controversial", but they are actually bedrocks of conservative positions. Be careful there, CB, you may be closer to a closet conservative than you think. ;)
jeb stuart

Fitzgerald, GA

#43992 May 12, 2014
bored monitor wrote:
<quoted text>
the internet tuff guy shows his fetish again.
ahh, you little queers always stick together !!
jeb stuart

Fitzgerald, GA

#43993 May 12, 2014
bored monitor wrote:
<quoted text>
get his GF to tackle u?
...says one little queer to another..

Location hidden

#43994 May 12, 2014
ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
….
But - you've only laid our your less controversial opinions - When it comes to energy, corporate regulations, how to create jobs, etc, foreign policy, military spending, health care-- I doubt we'd ever be in agreement, based on your posts here.
========
Energy - I am fine with green energy, but I believe the marketplace is where it will happen, not through artificial government fiat. Wind farms are not efficient, electric cars run on coal generated electricity. Oil and natural gas are not "evil". If you are basing your objections on the CO2 and global warming, seriously I wish you would at least CONSIDER that the alarmists are wrong and are driven every bit as much by an agenda (and grant money) as the "skeptics" you are convinced are nothing more than oil company shills.

The EPA regulations are crippling to companies without being based on knowledge of the industries, they place artificial limits that have no basis in reality, but, as in the case of coal, are simply to fulfill Obama's promise to "bankrupt" them.

The government doesn't create jobs, businesses allowed to flourish do - I am not saying businesses should be allowed to run amok, but capitalism is not "evil", it is the engine that has led to this country having the high standard of living it has and allowing the people of this country to have the mobility among the "classes" that has been enjoyed.

Foreign policy - I may be more "isolationist" than you may think, EXCEPT where Israel is concerned - I think we have a national interest in having a strong ally in the Middle East that is both a democracy and has values that are in line with our own.(Important to me as a Christian, but irrelevant to domestic policy is the fact that I believe the Jewish people have a special relationship to God and must be protected.)

Military spending - yes, I believe in a strong military. I believe it is a strong deterrent and is necessary to our national interest. Is there pork barrel spending?- ABSOLUTELY, as politicians try to protect military programs that the military themselves don't want, but bring money into states. Definitely areas where spending could be reduced.

Healthcare - yep, you're probably right on this. I think Obamacare is an absolute disaster for our healthcare system. I have never claimed our system was perfect, but I still maintain it is the best available - for now. It frankly annoys me no end that the train wreck that is Obamacare makes me defend insurance companies who play all sorts of games to delay/deny reimbursements to physicians and hospitals. But I believe taking the government out of it AND taking employers out of it is the answer. Make it all a direct relationship between the consumer and the health insurance provider. Let health insurance companies compete across state lines just as auto insurance companies can. The prices will go down for insurance policies as the marketplace and competition does what it does best. Single payer is absolutely NOT the answer.

Location hidden

#43995 May 12, 2014
ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
No? Taking care of our soldiers isn't worth addressing?
The hypocrisy of citing the Constitution on some issues, but not others, isn't problematic for you?
Your snarkiness is what made it not worth addressing, not the issues themselves. I get tired of the straw men presented.
rename

Carnesville, GA

#43996 May 12, 2014
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>maybe just tingle that big vagina! Why do you keep hiding behind Ags skirt? Hell, she is already carrying half you you wackos- give the girl a damn break!!

@@ Aggie, Syn, and Bill..........did you guys really invite this creep to join your group???

What were y'all thinking?????

This dummy, who has shown multiple times over the months I've been on topix, he has a despicable view of the female gender..........

This may explain why he lives alone.....he deep down in his sorry soul hates women..........

rename

Carnesville, GA

#43997 May 12, 2014
bored monitor wrote:
<quoted text>
get his GF to tackle u?

That freak aint got no girlfriend......if he does, she's probably all black and blue..........

rename

Carnesville, GA

#43998 May 12, 2014
ChicknButt wrote:
•Office supply company Staples has announced plans to close 225 stores by 2015, which is about 15 percent of its chain. Staples already closed 40 stores last year. Industry analysts expect Staples’ main competitor, Office Depot, which bought OfficeMax last year, to announce its own round of store closings soon.
Been to a Staples lately? Great place to buy office products for 20% over the price you can get it anywhere else.
Office Depot bought OfficeMax, and they're going to consolidate locations? That's just smart business.
•Radio Shack has announced plans to close 20 percent of its stores this year, which is as many as 1,100 stores. The company, which operates around 4,000 stores, reported that its sales fell by 19 percent last year.
Radio Shacks CEO even doesn't know why people shop there! Not kidding! http://www.theonion.com/articles/even-ceo-can...

““Office supply company Staples has announced plans to close 225 stores by 2015, which is about 15 percent of its chain. Staples already closed 40 stores last year. Industry analysts expect Staples’ main competitor, Office Depot, which bought OfficeMax last year, to announce its own round of store closings soon.

Been to a Staples lately? Great place to buy office products for 20% over the price you can get it anywhere else.””

Really a lame, lame answer dummy…………people still losing jobs…..thousands every day…….

“”Office Depot bought OfficeMax, and they're going to consolidate locations? That's just smart business.””

Yes, smart business, but still doesn’t account for the lame economy “compounded” by a Libroid run gubmint determined to stall any effort put forth by the Repubs………..Business is shrinking every day due to the demos lack of how a business operates, and efforts to penalize business every chance the libroids get……….

“”Radio Shack has announced plans to close 20 percent of its stores this year, which is as many as 1,100 stores. The company, which operates around 4,000 stores, reported that its sales fell by 19 percent last year.

Radio Shacks CEO even doesn't know why people shop there! Not kidding! http://www.theonion.com/articles/even-ceo-can ...””

And the FORMER CEO says “"There must be some sort of business model that enables this company to make money, but I'll be damned if I know what it is," Day said. "You wouldn't think that people still buy enough strobe lights and extension cords to support an entire nationwide chain, but I guess they must, or I wouldn't have this desk to sit behind all day."”

"“enables this company to make money”"…………….not any more, thanks to the libroids……….

Well heck Mr Day……………maybe your bad mouthing got you canned….or maybe to show the chicken for the fool he is…………and the despicable crappy economy he represents…………..

Joseph C. Magnacca, new CEO, fourth chief executive officer of Radio Shack in three years, shows a company in dire straits…………..as many others are also are having financial problems………….

While Amazon and other box stores compete for the same business as Radio Shack………the bottom line is a bad economy perpetrated by Obama; and Reid holding back HOR legislation while the economy worsens…….

The rest of your sorry tirade is the same……………..your sorry attempt protect a failed economic policy by Obama and libroids and project that back upon the companies in trouble…………..the same way you try to protect his sorry failed foreign policy…………

rename

Carnesville, GA

#43999 May 12, 2014
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Must you declare your ignorance so unashamedly. Only the Westboro idiots and their ilk twist the Bible and say "Jesus hates homosexuals." Believing in the sanctity of marriage and its definition as being between one man and one woman is not a statement of hate, it is a simple recognition of the importance of that relationship to the individuals involved, the children that may result and the society that is strengthened by strong marriages and families.
I don't hate Hillary Clinton, I despise her for the horrid example she set for young women and the liberal agenda she believes in.

A libroids world is not worth anyones time..........especially when hes a big dummy........

ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

#44000 May 12, 2014
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>

You are calling these "less controversial", but they are actually bedrocks of conservative positions. Be careful there, CB, you may be closer to a closet conservative than you think. ;)
LOL -

Not once I get done with my positions on universal health care, environmental regulations, and legislating the ever-loving crap out of corporations and wall street to become "responsible citizens" again rather than robber barons, and workers rights and benefits..

They'd throw me outta the club pretty damn quick..
rename

Carnesville, GA

#44001 May 12, 2014
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>

Be careful there, CB, you may be closer to a closet conservative than you think. ;)

Not hardly close to a conservative Ag.......... he is a dedicated socialists with his "other controversial" items..........

and he flimmed flammed you on his Corporation tax breaks………….ask the dummy what he means by “No tax breaks for corporations.” i.e. business write-offs.........

ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

#44002 May 12, 2014
Carbon dioxide benchmark hits new heights, worries scientists

(CNN)-- It's a new record, but one scientists aren't thrilled about hitting.

A benchmark reading of heat-trapping carbon dioxide in Earth's atmosphere hit a fresh peak in the past two weeks, and it's expected to stay at or above a milestone level for some time.

Instruments on Hawaii's Mauna Loa observatory first recorded carbon dioxide levels above 400 parts per million last May, peaking at 400.5. This year, the seasonally fluctuating number has crossed 401 ppm three times this month and hit a record 401.6 on March 12, said Ralph Keeling at the Scripps Institution of Oceanography in San Diego.

That's a figure well above pre-industrial levels and perhaps not seen since before the rise of humanity.

"The daily value is higher than any daily value we had last year, and it won't stop," Keeling said. "We're in a period where it's continuing to climb."

Concentrations rise and fall seasonally as the ocean and growing plants absorb more CO2 in the spring and summer. But the highs recorded in the past week come two months earlier than last year's, and they may stay above the 400 level as long as July, Keeling said.

"I think we'll probably be hanging up over 400 parts per million here for a couple of months," he said. Within a couple of years, it will be above 400 for good, he added.

Daily readings at Mauna Loa started with Keeling's father, Charles, in 1958, when the count was less than 320 ppm. The numbers have not only continued to rise, but they've also picked up steam as carbon emissions from fossil fuel consumption have built up in the atmosphere.

The idea that those emissions are changing the Earth's climate is politically controversial, but generally accepted as fact by the overwhelming majority of scientists. The 400 figure is largely symbolic, but "it's telling us we should be very concerned," said Donald Wuebbles, one of the lead authors of the United Nation's latest comprehensive report on climate change.

"This is very unusual, and it's indicative of what humans are doing to our climate," said Wuebbles, a University of Illinois professor of atmospheric science.

It's been several million years since the Earth saw carbon dioxide levels as high has they are today, Wuebbles said. If current trends continue, "We easily could reach 600 parts per million at the end of the century," he said. "That would put us into the CO2 levels of the age of the dinosaurs, and that we know was a much warmer world."

The current rate of climate change is about 10 times faster than other historical shifts, he said.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/20/us/climate-carb...
rename

Carnesville, GA

#44003 May 12, 2014

And this is why gays are freaks of nature..........

and some will shout "Pedophiles" are not gays..........and I will say, bs.........yes they are..........they have the same twisted logic, live it out, feed upon it, and become involved with each episode..........

Brains go faulty..some become mass murderers..........some child abusers..........and some like minded adult perverts who share their perversion..........

"He was one of the most beloved teachers in the small world of international schools that serve the children of diplomats, well-off American expatriates and local elites. He was often the first to arrive in the morning, and the last to leave each day. He led students on class trips to exotic places, treating them to cookies and milk at bedtime.

That was the public persona of William Vahey, carefully crafted over four decades until a maid cleaning his home in Nicaragua stole a 16-gigabyte memory drive. There, in photograph after photograph, was evidence that the model teacher had molested scores of adolescent boys, possibly more, in a career spanning 10 schools on four continents.

The discovery of a man the FBI regards as one of the most prolific pedophiles in memory has set off a crisis in the close-knit community of international schools, where horrified parents are being told their children may have been victims of a favorite teacher, and administrators are scurrying to close teacher-vetting loopholes revealed by Vahey's abuses.

"With the sheer volume, the sheer number of incidents in which this man molested, it surprises me that somehow this was not picked up by someone," said John Magagna, the founding director of Search Associates, the world's largest international school recruiting firm. "I don't know what went wrong."

Apparently not even Vahey's victims knew they had been molested. The double-cream Oreos that he handed out at bedtime on the overnight trips were laced with sleeping pills - enough to leave the boys unconscious as he touched them, and posed them for lewd photographs.

Vahey, a 64-year-old native of West Point, New York, attempted suicide in Nicaragua after his maid stole the drive. He survived, but killed himself on a second try, stabbing himself to death in Minnesota on March 21 and leaving hundreds of former students wondering if they were abused."

He should have killed himself a long time ago..........just another worthless organism posing as a human..........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brunswick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Part 12 Guy Heinze Jr. (May '10) 43 min TheOriginalCoolio 1,201
The Villas at Golden Isles May 26 LoriAnne 2
Speed Trap along the I-95 corridor in Mcintosh ... (Nov '15) May 20 KJay 7
What McIntosh/Darien does not want you to know (May '13) Apr '16 darienspeedtrap 24
What Y'all think of District Attorney Jackie Jo... (Nov '11) Apr '16 David 99
Trump may be doing us a favor Mar '16 JillyJelly 1
megan swantek (Jun '13) Mar '16 yo!! 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Brunswick Mortgages