Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

#42611 May 2, 2014
Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO, Mr. LOI (not letter of intent, but lack of intelligence) has returned.
Skippy vacates the board and it becomes (somewhat) civil, Troll Lady returns and the IQ of the board drops. Two useless blowhards.
Jus' Sayin'
So I call you a blowhard a few posts up, and so now you call me a blowhard. Can't think of your own material there Silly Billy?

AND - I've had nothing but civil discourse here until YOU showed up. I think YOU are the problem around here. That fact that your last 8 posts have been nothing but b!tching, whining, and insulting and spewing hate is a strong indicator that my theory is correct.

What's the matter- Mrs. Dullsville spanked your azz for forgetting to walk the dog so you came here to spread some of your special brand of dull vileness around?

Why not take it back to the Atlanta forum where ever poster there spanks you like a drunken birthday girl at a frat party.

You think we hate you over there? Man, those guys REALLY know how to hate you.. It was very entertaining reading their comments about you.

You sho' do know how ta make ya some friends there, Silly Billy.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#42612 May 2, 2014
WasBushStupid wrote:
<quoted text>
Well certainly when it comes to one-on-one homicides that may well be true. But, when it comes to mass murder, genocide and holocausts (there have been many) then history shows that NO ONE can come close to the White Christian numbers of committing murder.
Fraid not, modern technology made mass murder SO much easier than ever before and the hands down winners are the atheistic communists. When combined, Mao and Stalin can claim 90 million.
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

#42613 May 2, 2014
Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>

He's an a$$hole, pure and simple.
Haha... he's like a parrot!

Repeating what he keeps hearing every day! What a bumbling dolt.

Location hidden

#42614 May 2, 2014
OMTE wrote:
I can see this place hasn't changed much...
Hey Synergy, Aggie, and Chickn...
How ya'll been?
Hey, OMTE. Loving the spring weather - except for the pollen. But it looks like the worst is behind us. Hope you and yours are well.

Location hidden

#42615 May 2, 2014
ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
Wouldn't you rather have a special-interest not get what they want, rather than the American people getting screwed with a bad deal?
Or is that just alien thinking to Republicans? It might be if you consider what's been going on in the House for the last several years.
There's your mistake, the American people ARE getting shafted as long as the pipeline is delayed just so Dems can pocket another $100 million.

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#42616 May 2, 2014
Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO, Mr. LOI (not letter of intent, but lack of intelligence) has returned.
Skippy vacates the board and it becomes (somewhat) civil, Troll Lady returns and the IQ of the board drops. Two useless blowhards.
Jus' Sayin'
Oh, the irony of you calling someone a "useless blowhard." Now that's funny right there ... pathetically dumb, but funny. Again, try to add something intelligent to the discussion instead of the name calling. Can't do it, can you?

Location hidden

#42617 May 2, 2014
OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>LoL!!!
I bet ya Syn will never be a Dirty Dem...*for real*
And Aggie has never been mean, she's just lacks a sense of humor...
Ouch, that hurt.[psssst, did it ever occur to you that maybe you're not that funny..... ;)]

(welcome back)

Location hidden

#42618 May 2, 2014
ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I guess we got our answer on the "decent person" suggestion.
<quoted text>
And he's proven you right.
<quoted text>
Silly Billy is .....Irrelevant.
He's a big ego with nobody to show off to. Nobody cares. It's made him.... bitter. It could be, perhaps, that his shoes were too tight.
It could be his head wasn't screwed on just right.
But I think that the most likely reason of all
May have been that his heart was two sizes too small.
Or, that he's an unlikable ahole that's just irrelevant, so he lashes out for attention from a world that would rather do without him.
Irrelevant.
Nail ... head ... loud sound. Yep. You did it. And very effectively.

Location hidden

#42619 May 2, 2014
ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
NAILED that post.
We need to get campaign money and 501(c) organizations, and corporations and lobbyists out of politics. We need to get back to only private individuals making campaign contributions, and keep the maximum donation down to an amount any man can afford.
It's supposed to be one-man, one-vote. Government of the people, by the people, for the people.
Oh my goodness, as long as you are including labor unions in that mix - and it appears you are - we may ACTUALLY AGREE on something.(It's a good thing I was already sitting down.)

Location hidden

#42620 May 2, 2014
ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
So I call you a blowhard a few posts up, and so now you call me a blowhard. Can't think of your own material there Silly Billy?
AND - I've had nothing but civil discourse here until YOU showed up. I think YOU are the problem around here. That fact that your last 8 posts have been nothing but b!tching, whining, and insulting and spewing hate is a strong indicator that my theory is correct.
What's the matter- Mrs. Dullsville spanked your azz for forgetting to walk the dog so you came here to spread some of your special brand of dull vileness around?
Why not take it back to the Atlanta forum where ever poster there spanks you like a drunken birthday girl at a frat party.
You think we hate you over there? Man, those guys REALLY know how to hate you.. It was very entertaining reading their comments about you.
You sho' do know how ta make ya some friends there, Silly Billy.
Saying "clueless and uneducated" over and over is as clever as Dull Bill gets. The night manager at McDonald's (where Bill works and runs the fry vat) can come up with better insults.
OMTE

Buena Vista, GA

#42621 May 2, 2014
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, OMTE. Loving the spring weather - except for the pollen. But it looks like the worst is behind us. Hope you and yours are well.
Thanks, we're good.
I love the spring too...
Went to Zoo Atlanta last week and Grant Park was beautiful.
OMTE

Buena Vista, GA

#42622 May 2, 2014
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ouch, that hurt.[psssst, did it ever occur to you that maybe you're not that funny..... ;)]
(welcome back)
I was just kiddin Aggie...
You're pretty cool, to me anyways...
You are rather dry though...*just sayin*
And I'm not back, just checkin in...
I like Google+ better than this...You can block morons like Jeb, and talk to folks from all over the world...
Check it out.
rename

Commerce, GA

#42623 May 2, 2014
OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>I was just kiddin Aggie...
I like Google+ better than this...You can block morons like Jeb, and talk to folks from all over the world...
Check it out.

See Jeb..........I'm not the only one with a moron antenna..........folks like us can pick up a moron signal several hundred miles away..........

and your not the only one that causes the antenna to give us a warning..........

I bet that mangy cat has one also..........and the only way you can keep it close is feed it..........

you dummy..........

rename

Commerce, GA

#42624 May 2, 2014

How climate change has morphed into a virus..........

"A 2007 prediction that summer in the North Pole could be “ice-free by 2013” that was cited by former Vice President Al Gore in his Nobel Peace Prize acceptance speech has proven to be off… by 920,000 square miles.

In his Dec. 10, 2007 “Earth has a fever” speech, Gore referred to a prediction by U.S. climate scientist Wieslaw Maslowski that the Arctic’s summer ice could “completely disappear” by 2013 due to global warming caused by carbon emissions."

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/barbara-holli...

rename

Commerce, GA

#42625 May 2, 2014

"the eight most common fallacies that underpin public discussion of the hypothesis that dangerous global warming is caused by human greenhouse gas emissions."

1 - Scientists have accurate historical temperature data
Historical temperature records taken near the surface of the Earth are subject to various biases and recording errors that render them incorrect.

2 - Temperature trends are meaningful and can be extrapolated
That temperature trends plotted over decades are meaningful, and understood to the degree that they can be projected, is one of the greatest fallacies in the claims about man-made global warming.

3 - The accuracy of climate models can be determined from their output.
(a) The combination of a number of inaccuracies can produce acceptable output if calculations that are "too high" counterbalance those that are "too low"

(b) If the internal processes are largely based on data that changes almost immediately as a consequence of a change in temperature, then the output of the model will probably appear accurate when compared to historical data, but it will be of no benefit for predicting future changes.

4 - The consensus among scientists is decisive (or even important)
The extent of a claimed consensus that dangerous human-caused global warming is occurring is unknown and the claim of consensus is unsupported by any objective data. However, this is irrelevant because by its nature any consensus is a product of opinions, not facts.

5 - The dominance of scientific papers on a certain subject establishes a truth.
This fallacy is closely related to the previous discussion of consensus, but here the impact is an indirect consequence of a dominant opinion.
Funding for scientific research has moved towards being determined by consensus, because where public monies are concerned the issue ultimately comes back to an opinion as to whether the research is likely to be fruitful.

6 - Peer-reviewed papers are true and accurate

The peer-review process was established for the benefit of editors who did not have good knowledge across all the fields that their journals addressed. It provided a "sanity check" to avoid the risk of publishing papers which were so outlandish that the journal would be ridiculed and lose its reputation.

In principle this notion seems entirely reasonable, but it neglects certain aspects of human nature, especially the tendency for reviewers to defend their own (earlier) papers, and indirectly their reputations, against challengers. Peer review also ignores the strong tendency for papers that disagree with a popular hypothesis, one the reviewer understands and perhaps supports, to receive a closer and often hostile scrutiny.

7 - The IPCC is a reliable authority and its reports are both correct and widely endorsed by all scientists

The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) undertakes no research for itself and relies on peer-reviewed scientific papers in reputable journals. There is strong evidence that the IPCC is very selective of the papers it wishes to cite and pays scant regard to papers that do not adhere to the notion that man-made emissions of carbon dioxide have caused warming.

8 - It has been proven that human emissions of carbon dioxide have caused global warming

The first question to be answered is whether the Earth is warming at all. As the discussion of fallacy 1 showed, there is no certainty that this is the case.

But even were warming to be demonstrated, and assuming a reasonable correlation between an increase in carbon dioxide and an increase in temperature, that does not mean that the former has driven the latter. Good evidence exists from thousands of years ago that carbon dioxide levels rose only after the temperature increased, so why should we assume that the order is somehow reversed today?

rename

Commerce, GA

#42626 May 2, 2014

The illogic of climate hysteria

“But there’s a CONSENSUS!” shrieked the bossy environmentalist with the messy blonde hair.

“That, Madame, is intellectual baby-talk,” I replied.

A fallacy is a deceptive argument that appears to be logically valid but is in fact invalid. Its conclusion will be unreliable at best, downright false at worst.

This is all we get from a chicken..........

jeb stuart

Fitzgerald, GA

#42627 May 2, 2014
rename wrote:
<quoted text>
See Jeb..........I'm not the only one with a moron antenna..........folks like us can pick up a moron signal several hundred miles away..........
and your not the only one that causes the antenna to give us a warning..........
I bet that mangy cat has one also..........and the only way you can keep it close is feed it..........
you dummy..........
I don't give a damn if it shortdicks every cannibal in the Congo- I still think that you and OMTE are both idiots!!! lol
jeb stuart

Fitzgerald, GA

#42628 May 2, 2014
OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>I was just kiddin Aggie...
Check it out.
I am just betting that folks from all over the world are just dying to read your words of wisdom. Gimme a friggin' break, dude!!
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

#42629 May 2, 2014
rename wrote:
"the eight most common fallacies that underpin public discussion of the hypothesis that dangerous global warming is caused by human greenhouse gas emissions."
1 - Scientists have accurate historical temperature data
Historical temperature records taken near the surface of the Earth are subject to various ..........Blah......blah.....m ore BS..........More spin...more crap...more lies...
Entire post came from the Science and Public Policy Institute. Sounds nice.

Trace back a few steps - you get to Craig Idso... and then the links wind up at the Koch Brothers.

Just one more source paid for by the oil and coal planet-destroying billionaire polluters who don't want their profits to go away.

Jeez... what are we up to now ? More than a dozen of these sources that you've posted and I've debunked that all lead to the same place? Exxon and Koch Industries...

Completely useless and biased information. Also known as outright lies.
WasBushStupid

United States

#42630 May 3, 2014
PRESIDENT "Obama declares Alabama a disaster, enables FEMA to assist Baldwin, Jefferson, Lee and Limestone counties"
Alabama, the hypocrite state that hates President Obama, blocks Obamacare, takes in more federal dollars than it sends in taxes once again gets help. President Obama is better that Bush and Brownie any day, any year, year after year. Alabama, the welfare state, is proof.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brunswick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Part 12 Guy Heinze Jr. (May '10) 13 hr TheOriginalCoolio 1,201
The Villas at Golden Isles May 26 LoriAnne 2
Speed Trap along the I-95 corridor in Mcintosh ... (Nov '15) May 20 KJay 7
What McIntosh/Darien does not want you to know (May '13) Apr '16 darienspeedtrap 24
What Y'all think of District Attorney Jackie Jo... (Nov '11) Apr '16 David 99
Trump may be doing us a favor Mar '16 JillyJelly 1
megan swantek (Jun '13) Mar '16 yo!! 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Brunswick Mortgages