Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...

Warrenton, VA

#42526 May 2, 2014
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, you mean like Tom Steyer who has pledged $100,000,000 in donations to Democrats for the upcoming elections and in return Obama delayed any decision on the Keystone XL Pipeline, a move that the president of the Laborers' International Union of North America called a "gutless move," "politics at its worst" and "another low blow to the working men and women of our country."
And Steyer isn't done, he has announced plans to get substantially "involved" in at least 8 other upcoming elections.
You're still a fool. If you would bother to read the study you'd find that there was no partisan distinction in the study and I certainly made no such distinction (that's your bailiwick). But rather that of business elites over the rest of us. And if you'd look up the decision in "Citizens United" you'd find that the condition of unlimited funds is SUPPOSED to be predicated on FULL DISCLOSURE. Can you say that FULL DISCLOSURE? So if there is proof (and not just your obviously biased OPINION - "...and in return...") of quid pro quo between Steyer and any elected official then yeah that's what I mean.
ChicknButt

Norcross, GA

#42527 May 2, 2014
rename wrote:
<quoted text>
, I bet y'all are the same dummy ....
Which is why you're going to eat squirrels for lunch AGAIN. You can't hold onto a nickel.
ChicknButt

Norcross, GA

#42528 May 2, 2014
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Translation: "Nah, nah, the truth isn't there, you can't make me see it, I refuse to listen to anything that might interfere with my preconceived notions."
Not preconceived notions.

After extensive reading of all sides of the equation, and dismissing obviously biased, soundly repudiated, and/ or completely unqualified opinions, it became blatantly obvious where the truth was at. The worlds scientific community is as close as it gets to anything on unanimously concluding that the anthropogenic climate change is real, and a real threat to humanity, and is already here.

I only wish you and a few others could apply some sensible logic to the available information. But, you tow the line your masters tell you to tow, they're echoing out their false message daily on the right-wing propaganda channels. Like good little indoctrinates, you receive the message, echo it some more, and go out and vote against the best interests of everyone on the planet.

It must be so much easier when somebody tells you what to think and do. Thank goodness Fox is there for you.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#42529 May 2, 2014
silverfox wrote:
<quoted text>
I will NEVER understand why media refuse to cover the epidemic of black on black crime and black on white crime. It's troubling they don't want to reach those who need it most.
+1

Partially because some of the clueless and uneducated will call them racist...

Location hidden

#42530 May 2, 2014
Oh my wrote:
Who ever could've imagined...
Taxpayers subsidize paychecks for fast food workers and CEOs, too
by Laura Clawson
THU MAY 01, 2014 AT 07:30 PM PDT
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/04/28/1295...
The public assistance that low wages force workers at many major restaurant chains to rely on have gotten attention recently—McDonald's workers, for instance, collect an estimated $1.2 billion in public assistance—but that's not the only way restaurant chains are passing on labor costs to taxpayers. While wages for workers at the bottom of the pay scale are so low they qualify for benefits like food stamps and Medicaid, pay for top executives is tax-deductible as long as it's "performance pay" like stock options. That allows the restaurants to save hundreds of millions of dollars in taxes, according to a report from the Institute for Policy Studies:
During the past two years, the CEOs of the 20 largest [National Restaurant Association] members pocketed more than $662 million in fully deductible “performance pay,” lowering their companies’ IRS bills by an estimated $232 million. That would be enough to cover the cost of food stamps for more than 145,000 households for a year.
One NRA member —Starbucks— was off the charts. CEO Howard Schultz pocketed $236 million in exercised stock options and other “performance pay” over the 2012-2013 period. That translates into an $82 million taxpayer subsidy—enough to raise the pay for more than 30,000 baristas to $10.10 per hour for a year of full-time work.
The next four largest beneficiaries of the CEO pay subsidy are fast food corporations. Chipotle, Yum! Brands (owner of Taco Bell, KFC, and Pizza Hut), McDonald’s, and Dunkin’ Brands each raked in CEO pay subsidies ranging from $12 million to $68 million over the period.
Among full-service restaurants, the company that has enjoyed the largest CEO pay subsidy is Darden, the owner of Olive Garden, Red Lobster, and several other chains. CEO Clarence Otis took in nearly $9 million in fully deductible “performance pay” over the years 2012 and 2013. That works out to a more than $3 million taxpayer subsidy.
Meanwhile, these restaurants and their lobby group, the National Restaurant Association are pushing to keep the minimum wage at a poverty level. McDonald's has even directly told its workers to apply for food stamps. These profitable companies can afford to pay workers enough to live on without food stamps, and they can afford to pay taxes on their executive pay—or their executives could take a small haircut on the tens of millions of dollars they're paid.
I generally ignore this poster, but this one was too good to pass up...

The erudite poster doesn't note, either through not knowing how our tax systems work (obviously) or wealth envy (apparently) that the individuals mentioned would be paying income taxes on the aforementioned option exercises and performance bonuses. Furthermore, it's quite possible that those taxes would be at a rate higher than what the corporate income tax rate would be.

BAM, another clueless and uneducated libroid down!
ChicknButt

Norcross, GA

#42531 May 2, 2014
Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>
+1
Partially because some of the clueless and uneducated will call them racist...
Speak of the devil. I was reading through the Atlanta forums yesterday.

They slap you around like like you're a communal gimp over there. Can't say I blame them after reading your posts.
ChicknButt

Norcross, GA

#42532 May 2, 2014
Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>
I generally ignore this poster, but this one was too good to pass up...
The erudite poster doesn't note, either through not knowing how our tax systems work (obviously) or wealth envy (apparently) that the individuals mentioned would be paying income taxes on the aforementioned option exercises and performance bonuses. Furthermore, it's quite possible that those taxes would be at a rate higher than what the corporate income tax rate would be.
BAM, another clueless and uneducated libroid down!
Bill, just for a change of pace - why don't you try coming on here and NOT posing as the biggest jackass in the world for once? Just give it a try.

Location hidden

#42533 May 2, 2014
ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
Bill, just for a change of pace - why don't you try coming on here and NOT posing as the biggest jackass in the world for once? Just give it a try.
Oh my, the irony from Skippy, aka Mr. Know it all on so many things.

Can't refute the comments, attack the commenter. Typical. And this poster wonders why he has virtually no credibility in here.

Jus' Sayin'

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#42534 May 2, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
You're still a fool. If you would bother to read the study you'd find that there was no partisan distinction in the study and I certainly made no such distinction (that's your bailiwick). But rather that of business elites over the rest of us. And if you'd look up the decision in "Citizens United" you'd find that the condition of unlimited funds is SUPPOSED to be predicated on FULL DISCLOSURE. Can you say that FULL DISCLOSURE? So if there is proof (and not just your obviously biased OPINION - "...and in return...") of quid pro quo between Steyer and any elected official then yeah that's what I mean.
Then please explain why Obama delayed the DECISION -again -on the Keystone Pipeline until after the election when the State Department stated it would create jobs and have no detrimental environmental impact.

========
By the way, I did peruse the study and found the typical conclusions reached by academics with no real world context to place the results in. "no partisan distinction" - really? when it includes phrases like:
- labor organizations "represent average citizens' views reasonably well" (and yet labor unions now comprise 11% of the total workforce and only 6% of the private sector) while
- "net alignments" of "business oriented groups" are "negatively related to the average citizen's wishes"

But then states that "ordinary citizens" "fairly often get the policies they favor" because those
policies happen also to be preferred by the economically elite citizens who wield the actual influence"

The most intelligent point made was that they do not actually have any answers and need to do more research before they come to their aforementioned conclusions.

Our findings also point toward the need to learn more about exactly which economic elites (the “merely affluent”? the top 1%? the top 0.01%?) have how much impact upon public policy, and to what ends they wield their influence."

"Similar questions arise about the precise extent of influence of particular sets of organized interest groups."

"And we need to know more about the policy preferences and the political influence of various actors not considered here, including political party activists, government officials, and other non-economic elites."

Location hidden

#42535 May 2, 2014
ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
You first.
ChicknButt

Norcross, GA

#42536 May 2, 2014
Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my, the irony from Skippy, aka Mr. Know it all on so many things.
Can't refute the comments, attack the commenter. Typical. And this poster wonders why he has virtually no credibility in here.
Jus' Sayin'
Three things you are not: A decent human, as superior as you think you are, and a decent judge of credibility.

One thing you are: A walking, talking, blow-hard ego.

Location hidden

#42537 May 2, 2014
ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
....The worlds scientific community is as close as it gets to anything on unanimously concluding that the anthropogenic climate change is real, and a real threat to humanity, and is already here.
As long as you keep repeating this false claim, you cannot lay claim to any credibility.
WasBushStupid

United States

#42538 May 2, 2014
rename wrote:
<quoted text>
Your hopes will fail in November dummy.....
Back to the drawing board of guilt.....
Well yes that is the fear and why that I stated that we must find that conservative mold and destroy it to save mankind from the Republican Body Snatchers(RBS).
WasBushStupid

United States

#42539 May 2, 2014
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't claim to "be a good Christian" - I state that I am a Christian, period. I don't expect that you will understand the difference, but those whose opinions matter will.
You don't have to "claim" as your own bible says that god will sort 'em out later. You must live it, NOT talk it. The thing is that people are reluctant to even claim to be Christian publicly in fear of being lumped publicly in with hypocrites like yourself.
WasBushStupid

United States

#42540 May 2, 2014
silverfox wrote:
From the president.......
"Blacks were SIX times as likely to be homicide victims and SEVEN times more likely than whites to commit homicides."
Well certainly when it comes to one-on-one homicides that may well be true. But, when it comes to mass murder, genocide and holocausts (there have been many) then history shows that NO ONE can come close to the White Christian numbers of committing murder.
silverfox

Moultrie, GA

#42541 May 2, 2014
WasBushStupid wrote:
<quoted text>
Well certainly when it comes to one-on-one homicides that may well be true. But, when it comes to mass murder, genocide and holocausts (there have been many) then history shows that NO ONE can come close to the White Christian numbers of committing murder.
Oh, it's true alright. To open one's mind & understand the REAL crime statisitcs in this country is very difficult for democrats. The topic mentioned was BLACK on BLACK & BLACK on WHITE crime in AMERICA & why the media choose to ignore the subject. Don't think we were discussing Hitler/Holocaust, Rwanda, the massacre of the American Indian or the Protestant Reformation, to name a few. But, good for you, you get an A for ignoring the comments & spinning the subject matter once again. We've noticed how this administration & it's followers avoid sensitive issues. Nothing new.

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#42542 May 2, 2014
ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
Think about it. He doesn't POSE as the biggest jackass in the world, he IS the biggest jackass in the world. Boring, dull guy with no life and an inflated ego because he knows about tax tables. Sad really.

As usual you will note that Dullman doesn't really add anything of value to the discussion of how corporations like McDonald's or WalMart pay so little that the public has to help many employees with welfare benefits while the top execs get "performance bonuses" which they get to pay less taxes on.

Not much on critical, issue-based thinking, that Dull Bill. Not hard to see why he didn't make it too far in management.

Location hidden

#42543 May 2, 2014
ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
Three things you are not: A decent human, as superior as you think you are, and a decent judge of credibility.
One thing you are: A walking, talking, blow-hard ego.
+1 Well said.

Location hidden

#42544 May 2, 2014
... Uh, by the way, get ready for a gay guy to say something about a "choad alert." It's inevitable and oh so predictable (like many of the sad characters on this discussion group.)
rename

Commerce, GA

#42545 May 2, 2014
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>Then please explain why Obama delayed the DECISION -again -on the Keystone Pipeline until after the election when the State Department stated it would create jobs and have no detrimental environmental impact.

========
By the way, I did peruse the study and found the typical conclusions reached by academics with no real world context to place the results in. "no partisan distinction" - really? when it includes phrases like:
- labor organizations "represent average citizens' views reasonably well" (and yet labor unions now comprise 11% of the total workforce and only 6% of the private sector) while
- "net alignments" of "business oriented groups" are "negatively related to the average citizen's wishes"

But then states that "ordinary citizens" "fairly often get the policies they favor" because those
policies happen also to be preferred by the economically elite citizens who wield the actual influence"

The most intelligent point made was that they do not actually have any answers and need to do more research before they come to their aforementioned conclusions.

Our findings also point toward the need to learn more about exactly which economic elites (the “merely affluent”? the top 1%? the top 0.01%?) have how much impact upon public policy, and to what ends they wield their influence."

"Similar questions arise about the precise extent of influence of particular sets of organized interest groups."

"And we need to know more about the policy preferences and the political influence of various actors not considered here, including political party activists, government officials, and other non-economic elites."
Basically they don't know diddly.... Like that poster....,

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brunswick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brunswick for a family (Feb '16) 18 hr lil1818 3
Speed Trap along the I-95 corridor in Mcintosh ... (Nov '15) Jan 18 Anonymous 29
News Phillips given Outstanding Educator Award (Jul '07) Jan 14 rick 2
What McIntosh/Darien does not want you to know (May '13) Jan 9 Mara Rahl 29
Part 12 Guy Heinze Jr. (May '10) Jan 2 Middletown 1,210
White Boy Rap (Jun '11) Nov '16 Danny Noonan 5
Farrell Landon Ho Slayer (Oct '12) Nov '16 Farrell Landon 6

Brunswick Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Brunswick Mortgages