Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2014

Judged:

Bear wrote:
<quoted text>
Only in the eyes of a racist, or at the least a bigot.
Exactly.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2014

Judged:

ChicknButt wrote:
(CNN)– The number of Americans who signed up for private health insurance in the marketplaces has grown to 8 million, President Barack Obama said Thursday during a rare appearance at the daily White House news conference where he talked about the Affordable Care Act.
He said the law is "now covering more people at less cost than most would have predicted just a few months ago" and criticized its opponents.
"I find it strange that the Republican position on this law is still stuck in the same place that it has always been. They still can't bring themselves to admit that the Affordable Care Act is working," the President said.
"They said nobody would sign up; they were wrong about that. They said it would be unaffordable for the country; they were wrong about that.
"They were wrong to keep trying to repeal a law that is working when they have no alternative answer for millions of Americans with pre-existing conditions who'd be denied coverage again," Obama said.
That number MAY be true, but it has not been independently confirmed. Nor has it been broken down as to how many of those people enrolled in private health insurance and how many in Medicaid. Nor does it show how many have actually paid for that private insurance.

And why would the White House decide THIS YEAR to change the census questions in such a way that it will be IMPOSSIBLE to compare data collected this year with previous census date to determine objectively the actual effect Obamacare has had on health insurance coverage for American citizens? One would think that if this administration was as confident in their numbers as they say they are they would have waited to overhaul the census so they could prove what a "success" Obamacare has been.
tired bull

Toccoa, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2014

Judged:

Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not claim to be an international affairs expert - but it doesn't take an expert to see that Hillary handing the Russian Foreign Minister a RESET button and Obama telling Medvedev to tell Putin:
"This is my last election. After my election I have more flexibility."
painted a picture of weakness, not strength.
His "red lines" in Syria, his handling of Egypt, the Benghazi disgrace and finally his weakness over Ukraine have all led to Putin feeling he can act with virtually no consequences.
And now Kerry has confirmed the reports of leaflets being distributed stating that Jews in eastern Ukraine must register (and pay for the privilege).
Well at least you admit you have no idea what you are talking about.
But you still pull quotes out of context to make your points, its not working. You are a repeat of FNC today, still on Benghazi and your totally slanted assessment of the Ukraine situation.
Why was it no big deal when Georgia had the same thing happen when Bush 2 was President.??? What in your mind is the difference, other than color, party affiliation and IQ??
I'm waiting.......... Well not really, I don't expect anything but the same old tired bull.
worthless

Toccoa, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2014

Judged:

Bear wrote:
<quoted text>
I am self employed. This tax sucks. Costs me more, provides me less.
I don't believe a word you say. I am self employed and have seen my insurance go up in the last 14 years a minimum of 30 per cent per year, the year I turned 60 it was up 65% to $1250 a month, but I have had real insurance since I was 20. The kind that actually pays for hospital, surgery and doctors, not the one that gives you a doctors visit a year and a prescription "discount" card. I have better insurance for less money NOW. The difference is most likely your insurance before the Health Care Ace was cheap and worthless.
on hell

Toccoa, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2014

Judged:

rename wrote:
<quoted text>
But....but....but.....it's complicated dummy....
You have succeeded in making me break a promise I made to myself. Not to be mean to the mentally challenged, can't help it. You never have anything to say you cut and paste and then type dummy. This post will be pulled from topix for sure. But you are nothing more than an ignorant clueless white trash asswhole . Have another Bud then go smoke a joint as you read the bible for the 8th time. And you better keep reading, its your only chance to avoid going to hell. My money is still on hell.
worthless is a LIAR

Lawrenceville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2014

Judged:

worthless wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe a word you say. I am self employed and have seen my insurance go up in the last 14 years a minimum of 30 per cent per year, the year I turned 60 it was up 65% to $1250 a month, but I have had real insurance since I was 20. The kind that actually pays for hospital, surgery and doctors, not the one that gives you a doctors visit a year and a prescription "discount" card. I have better insurance for less money NOW. The difference is most likely your insurance before the Health Care Ace was cheap and worthless.
LIAR
on hell is a LIAR

Lawrenceville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2014

Judged:

on hell wrote:
<quoted text>
You have succeeded in making me break a promise I made to myself. Not to be mean to the mentally challenged, can't help it. You never have anything to say you cut and paste and then type dummy. This post will be pulled from topix for sure. But you are nothing more than an ignorant clueless white trash asswhole . Have another Bud then go smoke a joint as you read the bible for the 8th time. And you better keep reading, its your only chance to avoid going to hell. My money is still on hell.
Just like worthless, on hell is a liar

Same poster, same lie
tired bull is a LIAR

Lawrenceville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2014

Judged:

tired bull wrote:
<quoted text>
But you still pull quotes out of context to make your points, its not working. You are a repeat of FNC today, still on Benghazi and your totally slanted assessment of the Ukraine situation.
Why was it no big deal when Georgia had the same thing happen when Bush 2 was President.??? What in your mind is the difference, other than color, party affiliation and IQ??
I'm waiting.......... Well not really, I don't expect anything but the same old tired bull.
How many different scene names and multiple personalities do you have?

Did you vote 3 times for Obama too?

Still you are a LIAR.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2014

Judged:

tired bull wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical misrepresentation.

The context is well known to anyone who has been paying attention...oops, nevermind.

Obama didn't realize there was a "hot" mic as he spoke to outgoing Russian president Medvedev about US missile defense systems. So why do you think Obama felt the need to be so secretive about his intentions towards our missile defense?
rename

Toccoa, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2014

Judged:

worthless is a LIAR wrote:
<quoted text>LIAR

LOL..... So is oh hell..... The dummy from dumbsville......

Since: May 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2014

Judged:

Study: US is an oligarchy, not a democracy

http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-echochambers-27...

The US is dominated by a rich and powerful elite.

So concludes a recent study by Princeton University Prof Martin Gilens and Northwestern University Prof Benjamin I Page.

This is not news, you say.

Perhaps, but the two professors have conducted exhaustive research to try to present data-driven support for this conclusion. Here's how they explain it:

Multivariate analysis indicates that economic elites and organised groups representing business interests have substantial independent impacts on US government policy, while average citizens and mass-based interest groups have little or no independent influence.

In English: the wealthy few move policy, while the average American has little power.

The two professors came to this conclusion after reviewing answers to 1,779 survey questions asked between 1981 and 2002 on public policy issues. They broke the responses down by income level, and then determined how often certain income levels and organised interest groups saw their policy preferences enacted.

"A proposed policy change with low support among economically elite Americans (one-out-of-five in favour) is adopted only about 18% of the time," they write, "while a proposed change with high support (four-out-of-five in favour) is adopted about 45% of the time."

On the other hand:

When a majority of citizens disagrees with economic elites and/or with organised interests, they generally lose. Moreover, because of the strong status quo bias built into the US political system, even when fairly large majorities of Americans favour policy change, they generally do not get it.

They conclude:

Americans do enjoy many features central to democratic governance, such as regular elections, freedom of speech and association and a widespread (if still contested) franchise. But we believe that if policymaking is dominated by powerful business organisations and a small number of affluent Americans, then America's claims to being a democratic society are seriously threatened.

Eric Zuess, writing in Counterpunch, isn't surprised by the survey's results.

"American democracy is a sham, no matter how much it's pumped by the oligarchs who run the country (and who control the nation's "news" media)," he writes. "The US, in other words, is basically similar to Russia or most other dubious 'electoral''democratic' countries. We weren't formerly, but we clearly are now."

This is the "Duh Report", says Death and Taxes magazine's Robyn Pennacchia. Maybe, she writes, Americans should just accept their fate.

"Perhaps we ought to suck it up, admit we have a classist society and do like England where we have a House of Lords and a House of Commoners," she writes, "instead of pretending as though we all have some kind of equal opportunity here."

The Study:

http://www.princeton.edu/~mgilens/Gilens%20ho...
rename

Toccoa, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2014

Judged:

ChicknButt wrote:
Study: US is an oligarchy, not a democracy

http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-echochambers-27...

The US is dominated by a rich and powerful elite.

So concludes a recent study by Princeton University Prof Martin Gilens and Northwestern University Prof Benjamin I Page.

This is not news, you say.

Perhaps, but the two professors have conducted exhaustive research to try to present data-driven support for this conclusion. Here's how they explain it:

Multivariate analysis indicates that economic elites and organised groups representing business interests have substantial independent impacts on US government policy, while average citizens and mass-based interest groups have little or no independent influence.

In English: the wealthy few move policy, while the average American has little power.

The two professors came to this conclusion after reviewing answers to 1,779 survey questions asked between 1981 and 2002 on public policy issues. They broke the responses down by income level, and then determined how often certain income levels and organised interest groups saw their policy preferences enacted.

"A proposed policy change with low support among economically elite Americans (one-out-of-five in favour) is adopted only about 18% of the time," they write, "while a proposed change with high support (four-out-of-five in favour) is adopted about 45% of the time."

On the other hand:

When a majority of citizens disagrees with economic elites and/or with organised interests, they generally lose. Moreover, because of the strong status quo bias built into the US political system, even when fairly large majorities of Americans favour policy change, they generally do not get it.

They conclude:

Americans do enjoy many features central to democratic governance, such as regular elections, freedom of speech and association and a widespread (if still contested) franchise. But we believe that if policymaking is dominated by powerful business organisations and a small number of affluent Americans, then America's claims to being a democratic society are seriously threatened.

Eric Zuess, writing in Counterpunch, isn't surprised by the survey's results.

"American democracy is a sham, no matter how much it's pumped by the oligarchs who run the country (and who control the nation's "news" media)," he writes. "The US, in other words, is basically similar to Russia or most other dubious 'electoral''democratic' countries. We weren't formerly, but we clearly are now."

This is the "Duh Report", says Death and Taxes magazine's Robyn Pennacchia. Maybe, she writes, Americans should just accept their fate.

"Perhaps we ought to suck it up, admit we have a classist society and do like England where we have a House of Lords and a House of Commoners," she writes, "instead of pretending as though we all have some kind of equal opportunity here."

The Study:

http://www.princeton.edu/~mgilens/Gilens%20ho...

Duh....I posted about this some time back...dummy....
Hobo Hunnicutt

Fitzgerald, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2014

Judged:

rename wrote:
<quoted text>
Duh....I posted about this some time back...dummy....
Hey crackbaby, it seems like there is only about two people that actually read your BS- some little zombie down in Haiti and some weirdo queer in Denmark.Why not just email them and spare the rest of us-pleasssse.
rename

Mount Airy, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2014

Judged:

Hobo Hunnicutt wrote:
<quoted text>Hey crackbaby, it seems like there is only about two people that actually read your BS- some little zombie down in Haiti and some weirdo queer in Denmark.Why not just email them and spare the rest of us-pleasssse.

jeb-jeb-jeb..........I know you are trying to protect that quare mangy cat of yours..........but your efforts are weak..........

Flag Pond, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2014

Judged:

Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Being married to a doctor and believing Obamacare is a disaster for this country would be a logical point of view, so there would have been no reason for disbelief. Being married to a doctor and then saying you are looking forward to single payer healthcare is even more difficult to comprehend. Physicians had a better understanding earlier than the average American because they were already looking ahead to the bureaucratic hoops they were going to have to jump through and the roadblocks in patient care they were likely to experience. Physicians are being dropped from health plans, or health plans they are on do not include the hospitals they typically refer patients to. Have you not paid attention to the number of hospitals that specialize in cancer treatment that are NOT on most Obamacare plans? And those are just a few examples of how Obamacare is limiting patient care. Do you want more?
"logical", what a hoot. Only in your world I suppose. You use that word as if it holds some kind of heavy authority when your view (as well as the other simpletons) is nothing more than narrow-minded. The fact that there may be a majority of physicians who are against the ACA in no way means that supporters in the medical community don't exist.The judgement of anyone who would put personal information up on a blog like this is highly questionable ("Dr. Patel"). But since she/he supports ya'lls view it is unquestioned. Simpleminded is the word for that kind of logic.
rename

Mount Airy, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2014

Judged:

ChicknButt wrote:

A little further history for the legless chicken on the subject of a Oligarchy..........

This is really not news you say, and you are correct to an extent..........but for most Americans it is news because of a lack of knowing history..........

A short history……….
The first Oligarchy in America to exist was setup by Henry Clay of Kentucky and was called the Second Bank of America……………It allowed a few men to control gubmint operations and debt…………thereby controlling not only the money supply but also controlling who had access to it….mainly moneyed men, but would not make loans to the poor and working class…………

Old Hickory Jackson,,,,being a famous Indian killer and war hero of kicking the British butts in New Orleans,,,,,was pushed into running for the Presidency and was elected………..He saw the dangers the Oligarchy represented and destroyed the Bank that Clay built……….thereby destroying the Oligarchy and returning gubmint to the people…………..

Jackson is the only President I know that left office after 8 years more popular than before he was elected..........

Clay basically swore vengeance and created the Whig Party, a splintering of some Repubs from the former Democrat/Republican Party…………………the Whig party turned into what is now known as the Repub party……………..

there is much more about the Whig party than I have mentioned here, a lot more………..but to make a short post……I will skip to Woodrow Wilson…………

Wilson was the next President to allow another banking system…………….whereby an unseen Oligarchy was brought forth and lives today…………..we see the surface, but not the underlayers in candidates seeking out the big money men to get elected to ALL offices of gubmint, whether Federal or State……….

Money is King in America, and the world…..always has been, always will be…………

So is American a Oligarchy today………yes, as most countries are……………..
The real question is not who runs the country…………the real question is “who will allow themself to be dependent on gubmint, therefore becoming more like slaves to the Oligarchy”…………………..

BTW..........each of my sentences do not represent a whole history........as each idea presented is backed up by books upon books of recorded historical writings.....

rename

Mount Airy, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2014

Judged:

on hell wrote:
<quoted text>

well heck dummy..........
I call you a dummy in error I see........thinking you are a dumb wit,,,when really you are a half wit..........my apologies.....for mis-labeling you..........

WasBushStupid

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2014

Judged:

I considered just making some STUPID stuff up about Bush and Republicans but then no one could tell made up STUPID stuff from the real STUPID stuff. The ACA was probably generated as a result of poor Bush as anything.

43. Millions more lacked access to healthcare. Following these poverty trends, the number of Americans without health insurance was 38.4 million when Clinton left office. When Bush left, that figure had grown by nearly 8 million to 46.3 million, the Census found. Those with employer-provided benefits fell every year he was in office.

44. Bush let black New Orleans drown. Hurricane Katrina exposed Bush’s attitude toward the poor. He didn’t visit the city after the storm destroyed the poorest sections. He praised his Federal Emergency Management Agency director for doing a "heck of a job" as the federal government did little to help thousands in the storm’s aftermath and rebuilding.

45. Yet pandered to religious right. Months before Katrina hit, Bush flew back to the White House to sign a bill to try to stop the comatose Terri Schiavo's feeding tube from being removed, saying the sanctity of life was at stake. But Republicans rushed to pull the plug on the Bush administration and refuses to accept the deceased body as their family member. It lays rotting in open air, still stinking up our economy.
rename

Mount Airy, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2014

something for jeb to look forward too..........

"Baby given MENINGITIS by CAT: Girl left fighting for life after being licked by pet."

course that mangy quare cat might also have aids..........

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/baby-giv...

rename

Mount Airy, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2014

Judged:

Awwwwwwwwww. caught with his drawers down........

" A hotel executive and Democratic fundraiser has pleaded guilty in New York to witness tampering and conspiracy to evade campaign finance laws.

Hampshire Hotels chairman Sant Singh Chatwal appeared Thursday in federal court in Brooklyn. The candidates were not identified."

One of Hillarys fundraisers..........

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101592670

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Brunswick Discussions

Search the Brunswick Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
What happened to Kim Devore Jul 22 Rumor 3
Review: The Georgia Crab Co Jul 21 faisha 1
Handicap Parking Patrol in Glynn County (Aug '07) Jul 21 Nonliberal 20
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) Jul 16 what 2,045
Blueberry growers go to 'pick-it-yourself' model Jul 11 LocavoreT 3
Dukes of Iron MC Jul 9 Itty Bitty Dick Committee 3
Juneteenth festival celebrates freedom Jun '14 Shining Electron 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Brunswick Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••