Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
same

Jefferson, GA

#39815 Mar 26, 2014
Maybe one day the rino will wake up and become a functioning part of the house..........using the power of the majority of the house to actually put force into the power of the purse strings..........

"“What the hell is this, a joke?” Boehner said at his weekly press conference.

He was responding to the administration’s announcement on Tuesday evening that people who had begun the process of signing up for insurance through the federal exchanges would have until mid-April to do so, instead of March 31.

The Speaker called the move “another deadline made meaningless,” adding it to a litany of unilateral changes that the administration has made to the law.

“This is part of a long-term pattern of this administration manipulating the law for its own convenience,” Boehner said.“It’s not hard to understand why the American people question this administration’s commitment to the rule of law.”"

http://thehill.com/blogs/healthwatch/health-r...

same

Jefferson, GA

#39817 Mar 26, 2014
Thug Diplomacy..........

Obama just cant get it right with his Chicago style world diplomacy..........the thug from Chicago just doesn't scare the thug from Russia..........

"Negative views of President Obama have hit a new high, according to a poll.

The AP-GfK poll shows 59 percent of Americans now disapprove of Obama -- a point higher than the previous high set in December.

Obama's approval rating stands at 41 percent. That's the second-lowest figure the poll has ever found.

Part of Obama's problems appear to be related to foreign policy: The poll shows Americans disapprove of his handling of the situation in Ukraine 57-40 and disapprove of how he handles relationships with other countries 58-40."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-poli...

Hound

Denmark

#39818 Mar 26, 2014
Nobody
same

Jefferson, GA

#39819 Mar 26, 2014
"How Matt Drudge (and Other Obamacare Victims) Can Escape the “Liberty Tax”"

An interesting concept that works for thousands..........

"A January Religion News Service article found that monthly dues for Medi-Share for a family of four were almost $300 cheaper than the monthly premiums for a similar Obamacare insurance plan, though the Obamacare plan might be slightly cheaper if the family were eligible for all the subsidies offered (a big if!)."

http://www.openmarket.org/2014/03/25/how-matt...

AnybodyButDeal

United States

#39820 Mar 26, 2014
College athletic unions?
Right wing anti-union Republican heads are spinning like the possessed in need of an exorcist.

"NLRB rules in favor of College Athletes Players Association
Should college athletics look drastically different in five years, today may prove to be the catalyst.
The College Athletes Players Association (CAPA), which has been led by Northwestern's Kain Colter, won its case at the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) on Wednesday, which means that Northwestern football players are seen as employees rather than student-athletes, and that they can form a union."

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-... -
AnybodyButDeal

United States

#39821 Mar 26, 2014
Unions are still alive and well in the South. I have one member in my immediate family that has a union job,$60k. I have many friends across the South that also have union jobs. Several friends have UPS jobs and make $70k up.
Now we may get to watch union college football.
Ain't America great?

Outsource that.
AnybodyButDeal

United States

#39822 Mar 26, 2014
Is Georgia a Right to Play state, yet?
AnybodyButDeal

United States

#39823 Mar 26, 2014
Next headline?: "Southern Badtist Convention Preachers form Labor Union: Demand Insurance Covered Contraceptives for Wives and Daughters"
confirm your beleifs

Dawsonville, GA

#39824 Mar 26, 2014
Aggie23 wrote:
"Now one of the most respected journalists in the country, New York Times reporter and Pulitzer Prize winner Jim Risen, has declared that the OBAMA ADMINISTRATION IS THE GREATEST THREAT TO A FREE PRESS IN A GENERATION" (emphasis mine)
"Previously, the New York Times editors lambasted Obama for his attack on the free press."
"This is the most secretive White House that I have ever been involved in covering, and that includes — I spent 22 years of my career in Washington and covered presidents from President Reagan on up through now, and I was Washington bureau chief of the Times during George W. Bush’s first term.
I dealt directly with the Bush White House when they had concerns that stories we were about to run put the national security under threat. But, you know, they were not pursuing criminal leak investigations. THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION HAS HAD SEVEN CRIMINAL LEAK INVESTIGATIONS. That is MORE THAN TWICE the number of any previous administration in our history. It’s on a scale never seen before. This is the most secretive White House that, at least as a journalist, I have ever dealt with."
"....the White House has been successful in blocking any real reforms or criticism in the Democratic ranks. It has an army of enablers and apologists who quickly redirect discussions to how much worse the Republicans would be."
http://jonathanturley.org/2014/03/25/new-york...
And before you embarrass yourself by dismissing Turley as rightwing, he's a self proclaimed liberal.

You are the one who should be embarrassed, keep trolling the darker regions of the internet trying to confirm your beliefs.

As for Mr. Turley, his web site has a record of such nonsense, the tradition continues.

In 2011, Professor Turley filed a challenge to the Libyan War on behalf of ten members of Congress, including Representatives Roscoe Bartlett (R., Md); Dan Burton (R., Ind.); Mike Capuano (D., Mass.); Howard Coble (R., N.C.); John Conyers (D., Mich.); John J. Duncan (R., Tenn.); Tim Johnson (R., Ill.); Walter Jones (R., N.C.); Dennis Kucinich (D., Ohio); and Ron Paul (R., Tx). The lawsuit was before the United States District Court for the District of Columbia, on and on and on

As for Mr. Risen the man who wrote the original article for the Times who refuses to cooperate with the investigation into leaking secrets by a CIA employee is doing nothing but deflecting blame.

New York Times reporter James Risen, who is fighting an order that he testify in the trial of Jeffrey Sterling, a former CIA officer accused of leaking information to him, opened the conference earlier by saying the Obama administration is “the greatest enemy of press freedom that we have encountered in at least a generation.” The administration wants to “narrow the field of national security reporting,” Risen said, to “create a path for accepted reporting.” Anyone journalist who exceeds those parameters, Risen said,“will be punished.”

This quote from a man fighting an order that he testify in the case of a CIA officer accused of leaking information . NO surprise, a member of the CIA leaking information, I guess you think the government, his employer should just look the other way and not investigate.
same

Jefferson, GA

#39825 Mar 26, 2014
AnybodyButDeal wrote:
College athletic unions?
Right wing anti-union Republican heads are spinning like the possessed in need of an exorcist.

Should college athletics look drastically different in five years, today may prove to be the catalyst.
The College Athletes Players Association (CAPA), which has been led by Northwestern's Kain Colter, won its case at the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) on Wednesday, which means that Northwestern football players are seen as employees rather than student-athletes, and that they can form a union."

Dumb can't be fixed and stupid continues to post invalid assumptions.....
One dummy NLRB member does not a board make .......

“Liberals are closet raaacists!”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#39826 Mar 26, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Quoting part of the letter the private "christian" school wrote to the girls grandparents:
“You’re probably aware that Timberlake Christian School is a religious, Bible believing institution providing education in a distinctly Christian environment … We believe that unless Sunnie as well as her family clearly understand that God has made her female and her dress and behavior need to follow suit with her God-ordained identity, that TCS is not the best place for her future education.”
These folks are getting closer to a wahabist school setting in Saudi Arabia than what one would hope to find in the U.S. The fundamentalist bible thumpers are not concerned about much else besides power. "look and act as we say or GOD will getcha'(or at least we will)". Both of these situations are sick sick sick. Does the Bible actually say how a female is to dress and act in 2014? Sounds like the taliban to me (burkas?). I pity the poor children that attend these kinds of private "christian" schools. "
"...God-ordained identity..." - goodgodamighty! that is truly amazing in the U.S.A. in 2014. They are going backwards faster and faster and faster.
SIMPLY your opinion. NOTHING more. We all have them.
Yeah, you proved with your choice for president how much you know. lololololol

Location hidden

#39827 Mar 26, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Quoting part of the letter the private "christian" school wrote to the girls grandparents:
“You’re probably aware that Timberlake Christian School is a religious, Bible believing institution providing education in a distinctly Christian environment … We believe that unless Sunnie as well as her family clearly understand that God has made her female and her dress and behavior need to follow suit with her God-ordained identity, that TCS is not the best place for her future education.”
These folks are getting closer to a wahabist school setting in Saudi Arabia than what one would hope to find in the U.S. The fundamentalist bible thumpers are not concerned about much else besides power. "look and act as we say or GOD will getcha'(or at least we will)". Both of these situations are sick sick sick. Does the Bible actually say how a female is to dress and act in 2014? Sounds like the taliban to me (burkas?). I pity the poor children that attend these kinds of private "christian" schools. "
"...God-ordained identity..." - goodgodamighty! that is truly amazing in the U.S.A. in 2014. They are going backwards faster and faster and faster.
You libs have the worst time posting your links. How about a link to the site where you found this AND how are you positive that this quote is AUTHENTIC? What sources and research did you use to authenticate it?

Location hidden

#39828 Mar 26, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
The kicker in this particular case is the simple fact that contraception use reduces abortions. HELLO! But these Neanderthals don't seem to give a rip about what works and what doesn't. They're interested in power/control. They joined the "public commons" by choice, deal with it. The "just say no" crowd (abstinence) border on the retarded as a matter of efficacy. There is no question in my mind but that there is a crowd of ultra conservative Christian reactionaries (just look at Tony Perkins and his followers) who would choose a theocracy if they had a choice.
If someone wants to avoid pregnancy, they can certainly afford FREE condoms PLUS condoms give MUCH MORE protection against STD's. Birth control pills, IUD's and such offer NO protection at all against STD'S. Also, all of us know people who have gotten pregnant while on the pill. I bet those same people who are howling over their insurance plans not covering contraception surely have something worth $10.00 that they can sacrifice if they REALLY want birth control.
Personally, I don't care if contraception is covered, however, I offered you up some reasons that support not covering contraception.
Just as Muslim women wear burkas due to their culture and religion and you liberals support THAT, it seems only RIGHT that actual U.S. CITIZENS should have their religious beliefs supported. Your hypocrisy underwhelming.

Location hidden

#39829 Mar 26, 2014
guest wrote:
Great quote from THP:
"If Hobby Lobby Wants to Deny Insurance Coverage of Birth Control It Should Stop Selling Knitting Needles, Too"
This quote from the Huffington Puffington Post doesn't surprise me whatsoever. This proves how absolutely ignorant, silly, petty and worthless it is. ROTFL

Location hidden

#39830 Mar 26, 2014
guest wrote:
Ultra conservative Christian reactionaries deny science...it's what they do.
http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/gpr/17/1/gpr17...
"Contraception Is Not Abortion
One of the key assertions of fact in the two cases before the Supreme Court is that certain methods of contraception are actually methods of abortion. That assertion is important legally: The ACA explicitly requires coverage of the full range of contraceptive methods, while it just as explicitly does not require coverage of abortion. It also matters in the court of public opinion, because some Americans may be more understanding of objections to covering abortion than to contraception.
That assertion, however, contradicts what science says about how pregnancies are established and how contraceptives work. These facts are laid out clearly in an amicus brief submitted to the Supreme Court in October 2013 by numerous medical associations, led by Physicians for Reproductive Health and the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists.2
The medical groups’ brief describes the process of establishing a pregnancy, including ovulation (the release of an egg from the ovary), fertilization (the fusion of a viable egg with a viable sperm) and implantation (the implantation of a fertilized egg into the uterine lining). A contraceptive method, by definition, prevents pregnancy by interfering with ovulation, fertilization or implantation. Abortion ends an established pregnancy, after implantation. This scientific definition of pregnancy is also the legal definition, and has long been accepted by federal agencies (during administrations both supportive of and opposed to abortion rights) and by U.S. and international medical associations."
If you support the religious views of the other religions who are in our country, you should support the religious beliefs of U.S. citizens. You libs LOVE your Muslims and they seem to have a penchant for terrorism, but you turn on U.S. citizens who have religious beliefs because they don't lock step behind your liberal freedom destroying ideology.
I didn't check your link, but I bet it's left wing. BTW, you voted for the individual who supports partial-birth abortion. So, you can ramble on about what constitutes a pregnancy, however, people like you don't care about the unborn. OBVIOUSLY.
I thought Obama had a pen and executive order. He has ALREADY broken HIS LAW AGAIN, wonder why he just doesn't force(we know how he loves to use force) paying for contraception on those who object. Hmmmm......

Location hidden

#39831 Mar 26, 2014
WasBushStupid wrote:
Sometimes you just say "Huh?". The "thaw" is one of those. They say he has a college degree. I question that and someone had to take some tests in his name on his behalf.
"Yesterday, you made note of my -- the lack of my talent when it came to dancing. But nevertheless, I want you to know I danced with joy. And no question Liberia has gone through very difficult times." --George W. Bush, speaking with the president of Liberia, Washington, D.C., Oct. 22, 2008
"I want to share with you an interesting program -- for two reasons, one, it's interesting, and two, my wife thought of it -- or has actually been involved with it; she didn't think of it. But she thought of it for this speech." --George W. Bush, discussing a company that improves access to clean water in Africa, Washington D.C., Oct. 21, 2008
"This thaw -- took a while to thaw, it's going to take a while to unthaw." --George W. Bush, on liquidity in the markets, Alexandria, La., Oct. 20, 2008
Bet he knows we don't have 57 states with a couple more to go.

Location hidden

#39832 Mar 26, 2014
AnybodyButDeal wrote:
<quoted text>
Idiot.
The 2010 election is over, done and even kaput. What is it that you idiots say about Bush? He ain't president.
No one talks of the 2010 here anymore.
The most IRONIC post EVER. Every time I think you have hit the bottom in regard to cluelessness, you create a NEW LOW.

Location hidden

#39833 Mar 26, 2014
same wrote:
Thug Diplomacy..........
Obama just cant get it right with his Chicago style world diplomacy..........the thug from Chicago just doesn't scare the thug from Russia..........
"Negative views of President Obama have hit a new high, according to a poll.
The AP-GfK poll shows 59 percent of Americans now disapprove of Obama -- a point higher than the previous high set in December.
Obama's approval rating stands at 41 percent. That's the second-lowest figure the poll has ever found.
Part of Obama's problems appear to be related to foreign policy: The poll shows Americans disapprove of his handling of the situation in Ukraine 57-40 and disapprove of how he handles relationships with other countries 58-40."
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-poli...
The two most narcissistic people in the world barking at each other. I know Obama can't BELIEVE that someone as narcissistic as HE is actually exists.

Location hidden

#39834 Mar 26, 2014
AnybodyButDeal wrote:
College athletic unions?
lol Won't last long. Watch and see. What a laugh.

Location hidden

#39835 Mar 26, 2014
AnybodyButDeal wrote:
Unions are still alive and well in the South. I have one member in my immediate family that has a union job,$60k. I have many friends across the South that also have union jobs. Several friends have UPS jobs and make $70k up.
Now we may get to watch union college football.
Ain't America great?
Outsource that.
lol YOU are delusional. What is the percentage of people who belong to active unions NOW? Isn't it something like 13% or so? What was the percentage, say, 50, 60, 70 years ago? Unions are DEFINITELY on the way out. Union college football. lolololololololol One of the funniest things I have ever heard.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brunswick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Speed Trap along the I-95 corridor in Mcintosh ... (Nov '15) Wed MCay 29
News Phillips given Outstanding Educator Award (Jul '07) Jan 14 rick 2
What McIntosh/Darien does not want you to know (May '13) Jan 9 Mara Rahl 29
Part 12 Guy Heinze Jr. (May '10) Jan 2 Middletown 1,210
Brunswick for a family (Feb '16) Dec '16 lookitupjoker 2
White Boy Rap (Jun '11) Nov '16 Danny Noonan 5
Farrell Landon Ho Slayer (Oct '12) Nov '16 Farrell Landon 6

Brunswick Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance