Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#37316 Feb 17, 2014
Cbutt wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a strong, credible body of evidence, based on multiple lines of research, documenting that climate is changing and that these changes are in large part caused by human activities. While much remains to be learned, the core phenomenon, scientific questions, and hypotheses have been examined thoroughly and have stood firm in the face of serious scientific debate and careful evaluation of alternative explanations.*** Some scientific conclusions or theories have been so thoroughly examined and tested, and supported by so many independent observations and results, that their likelihood of subsequently being found to be wrong is vanishingly small. Such conclusions and theories are then regarded as settled facts. This is the case for the conclusions that the Earth system is warming and that much of this warming is very likely due to human activities.
The IPCC issued statements with concurring backing of 57 nations and 287 university study research department ratification statements that just because Aggie doesn't believe doesn't mean MMCC is not a widely-studied and proven phenomena.
Sorry, but your attempt at minimizing the dissent is laughable. Nobody cares about my opinion, I give the opinions of those who are actually experts in the field. Your statement that "Such conclusions and theories are then regarded as settled facts." is indicative of your wishful thinking and that of those with agendas, not reality. But I find that last sentence telling - "is very like due to human activities" - What???- "very likely", not "indisputably, unarguably factual" - what happened to the set in stone assurances?
The IPCC has been shown to have a political agenda and is not the neutral body merely looking for the truth through scientific inquiry - if that were the case, there wouldn't be a problem. You claimed it was so relevant that Chris Brierly resigned over the publishing of Akasofu's study. Well, using your own criteria Dr Chris Landsea's resignation from the 4th IPCC report must convince you of the weakness of the IPCC's reports. Pertinent quotes from his resignation letter:

"My view is that when people identify themselves as being associated with the IPCC and then make pronouncements far outside current scientific understandings that this will harm the
credibility of climate change science and will in the longer term diminish our role in public policy."

"I was disappointed when the IPCC leadership dismissed my concerns when I brought up the
misrepresentation of climate science while invoking the authority of the IPCC."

"the IPCC process on our assessment of these crucial extreme events in our
climate system has been subverted and compromised, its neutrality lost."

"It is of more than passing interest to note that Dr. Trenberth, while eager to share his views
on global warming and hurricanes with the media, declined to do so at the
Climate Variability and Change Conference in January where he made several
presentations. Perhaps he was concerned that such speculation---though
worthy in his mind of public pronouncements---would not stand up to the
scrutiny of fellow climate scientists."

"I personally cannot in good faith continue to contribute to a process that I
view as both being MOTIVATED BY PRE-CONCEIVED AGENDAS AND BEING SCIENTIFICALLY UNSOUND." (emphasis mine)

While his well founded accusations of agendas are important, the following statement is the one I find the most ironic.

"Differing conclusions and robust debates are certainly crucial to progress
in climate science."
=========
That is what you and the MMCC acolytes refuse to acknowledge, there is PLENTY of room for debate and plenty of evidence to bring into question the claim that "the debate is over" - that in itself is the antithesis of scientific inquiry.

Location hidden

#37317 Feb 17, 2014
@OMTE
You must have been quite young when you lost your mom. I know it has been probably a decade or more, but you have my condolences.
visiting

Savannah, GA

#37318 Feb 17, 2014
Johnny B Good wrote:
<quoted text>
Global warming is supported by 97% of the scientists in the world.
It was supported by Ga.'s own favorite son Newt.
It was supported by the republican presidential nominee McCain
It was supported by Bush senior
That changed when republican strategist Lutz put forth the idea to just "say it ain't so" in 2002, knowing how easy it is to lead the conservative voters in his party down any path they choose. Big business saying the cost for return on investments to prevent global warming were just to high short term,so just say it ain't so. A party stance that is still all about elections, and the money to get elected, damn the facts or the results down the road, who cares.
Scientists can't put a finger on any one thing that causes global warming, but 97% know its a fact. One thing that ain't so, climate change and the climate today are not related. And the 3 percent that say it ain't so, most have alternative motives, other than science.
Big oil, power companies and other industries that make large contributions to the republican party don't want to spend the money to clean up their business. Its all about money, todays money, they don't give a damn about years down the road. But you should if you have any grandchildren, or are you just another baby boomer living for today. Hell with the future inhabitants of this earth. The same ones that crashed the economy are hell bent on ruining the world, for good.
Everything save for the last paragraph is a complete progressive pipe dream. The last sentence rings true, the progressives are hell bent of destroying the world and everyone that doesn't walk in lock step to their lies.

Location hidden

#37319 Feb 17, 2014
time wrote:
and last word for dummy global warming supporters..........
"The project has fulfilled the expectations of its organizers. In PhD scientist signers alone, the project already includes 15-times more scientists than are seriously involved in the United Nations IPCC process. The very large number of petition signers demonstrates that, if there is a consensus among American scientists, it is in opposition to the human-caused global warming hypothesis rather than in favor of it."
Be prepared, I can hear it now. "THEY ARE ALL BEING PAID BY THE KOCH BROS!"
time

Cornelia, GA

#37321 Feb 17, 2014

Gotta love how the libroids push poor folks into paying more taxes..........

"Obama Asks Americans to Pressure Congress to Raise Minimum Wage"

just push them into a higher tax bracket..........

time

Cornelia, GA

#37322 Feb 17, 2014
OMTE

Norman Park, GA

#37323 Feb 17, 2014
Aggie23 wrote:
@OMTE
You must have been quite young when you lost your mom. I know it has been probably a decade or more, but you have my condolences.
@Aggie
I had just turned twenty, it happened on Dec. 18, 1999...

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#37324 Feb 17, 2014
OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know if your stupid or just over protective...
It's hard to tell on Topix... Ya know?
Anyway...
I'll explain it to you like this...
My mother, never drank alcohol or did drugs...
She believed in God, and raised three children, ALONE...
She used to get on me about drivin too fast, because she was scared...Of me gettin killed..
So she always went really slow...
Well... With all her fear and carefulness, she was still unable to avoid the inevitable...
She died in single-car accident, goin 35 mph, when the shoulder on the road collapsed ahead of her... Which caused her car to flip...
Which broke her neck...She was forty-two years old.
So, tell me this...
If we suffer through the transition to "green energy(BS)" only to be blown-up, by, I don't know... Say a volcano, asteroid, or most probably, a Nuclear Bomb...
What's the point... When we ALL, and the Earth, are not promised TMRW.....? Ya know?
*just askin*
Brilliant plan. Hey, we're all going to die so the heck with the environment. Let's just repeal any and all environmental laws, pour raw sewerage into the rivers, pump as much toxic fumes into the sky, bulldoze all the trees, etc.

As far as "global warming" is concerned, I think the jury is still out as to the extent of damage that's being done. It will take a lot more research and investigation to tell the true health of our planet. And understand, I'm a science guy myself albeit not really trained in earth sciences.

But it's like this as an example: Just because injecting heroin into your body MIGHT not kill you or have irreversible effects, you've got to know that it's stupid to do it. The same is true with the earth. We may not be "killing" the earth, but let's make some more intelligent and informed decisions just in case it could be harmful. I may not be around for many more years, but my grandkids and their grandkids hopefully will.
OMTE

Norman Park, GA

#37325 Feb 17, 2014
TROLL MAN wrote:
<quoted text>
Brilliant plan. Hey, we're all going to die so the heck with the environment. Let's just repeal any and all environmental laws, pour raw sewerage into the rivers, pump as much toxic fumes into the sky, bulldoze all the trees, etc.
As far as "global warming" is concerned, I think the jury is still out as to the extent of damage that's being done. It will take a lot more research and investigation to tell the true health of our planet. And understand, I'm a science guy myself albeit not really trained in earth sciences.
But it's like this as an example: Just because injecting heroin into your body MIGHT not kill you or have irreversible effects, you've got to know that it's stupid to do it. The same is true with the earth. We may not be "killing" the earth, but let's make some more intelligent and informed decisions just in case it could be harmful. I may not be around for many more years, but my grandkids and their grandkids hopefully will.
It ain't my plan, dummy.
It's reality... As for the rest of your post...
Well... It reminded me of an extreme chick...
Are you an extreme science chick? ;)
*just askin*

Location hidden

#37326 Feb 17, 2014
OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>It ain't my plan, dummy.
It's reality... As for the rest of your post...
Well... It reminded me of an extreme chick...
Are you an extreme science chick? ;)
*just askin*
I realize intelligence isn't paramount in these forums, but wouldn't it stand to reason that if I were a "chick" I'd be called "Troll Woman" instead of "Troll Man"... I mean, think about it. By the way, there's nothing "extreme" about me...

Location hidden

#37328 Feb 17, 2014
George in GA wrote:
<quoted text>
except that you're extremely brain dead.
This coming from the genius who thinks everyone is "Norm."

“Liberals are closet raaacists!”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#37329 Feb 17, 2014
Doo wrote:
<quoted text>
You support the GOP which supports the very ones that are robbing common American people out of their money and assets. You support the drug companies, Doctors, Hospital and Insurance Companies that are all involved in corrupt activities on a daily basis. You are a minority and always will be in America. Americans are on to the GOP and their crooked ways. We the people will soon take our Nation back from the wealthy robbers that now own Congress. So much for free enterprise when it is pre rigged to fleece the working class and the middle class. A time is coming that will set them straight and off the path of destruction to the American people. America needs leaders that are for Americans and not for special interest groups like Doctors, Drug Companies, Insurance Companies, Oil Companies and all the other corrupt companies that operate pretty well without rules.
The republicans in congress now are pretty worthless. They really are democrats with an R beside their names. I am giving the Tea Party some SERIOUS consideration.
You DO realize that the democrats in this administration are pretty well off, too. Right? You seem to think that the democrats in this administration are just toiling away for your good. Don't make me laugh, Doo-fus. That's what is so entertaining about you libroids. You have NO idea that the Democrats are just as guilty as the Republicans. As least I have enough sense to know that. You don't. Obamacare is NOT a good law as you stated in a previous post. No one argues that healthcare reform is sorely needed, but this law is a calamity. There is enough HARD evidence of that now. I don't know how many articles you have to read and how many stories you need to hear to be convinced of that. Many more people have been hurt than helped. You keep talking about taking our country back from the wealthy. Okay. Are we going to take our country back away from the gamers, too? How about them? Let me give you an example of something I heard with my own ears this past weekend. This IS NOT an isolated incident. This type of thing is going on EVERY DAY. I was at a bakery picking up some things for a gathering. There was a couple who were speaking with the baker about ordering a wedding cake for their wedding which was happening in a week. The couple told the baker how they wanted their cake to be and the cost of the cake came to $450.00. After the baker had spent time going over all of that, the couple asked if they could pay for their cake with their EBT card!!!!! The baker told them no and they left. She was DISGUSTED as well she should have been. She told me that since the money is now put on "credit cards", the money can be spent on gambling, booze or any way the gamers want to spend it. She said that couple can go to Kroger or Publix and pay for their wedding cake that way. So, Doo-fus. Are we going to demand accountability in regard to entitlements? The problem is with BOTH ends of the spectrum. The system gamers are taking away from the poor who really NEED the help and from the middle class. What do you have to say about that?

“Liberals are closet raaacists!”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#37330 Feb 17, 2014
Doo wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh your trying all right but wasting your time.
Does your post actually make sense to you? lol
time

Cornelia, GA

#37331 Feb 17, 2014
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>Be prepared, I can hear it now. "THEY ARE ALL BEING PAID BY THE KOCH BROS!"

Oh .....they got huff & puff and all the other nut websites attacking them....

So far they have not been able to tie the Koch boys in.....
time

Cornelia, GA

#37332 Feb 17, 2014
TROLL MAN wrote:
<quoted text>This coming from the genius who thinks everyone is "Norm."

Who is this Norm freak y'all keep talking about .......
time

Cornelia, GA

#37333 Feb 17, 2014
George in GA wrote:
<quoted text>except that you're extremely brain dead.

We've noticed that ......

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#37334 Feb 17, 2014
Doo wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me simplify for you Bill. My cost is around two dollars and fifty cents each not knowing exactly how much my insurance pays on it. Anyway you put it we are getting robbed without a gun. And people like you support these crooks. Unbelievable!
In other words, I can't rationalize my cost estimates or explain profit margins...

Location hidden

#37335 Feb 17, 2014
bored monitor wrote:
looks 2 me like Doo got schooled 2day.
Happens quite often...

Jus' Sayin'
time

Cornelia, GA

#37336 Feb 17, 2014
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>The republicans in congress now are pretty worthless. They really are democrats with an R beside their names. I am giving the Tea Party some SERIOUS consideration.
You DO realize that the democrats in this administration are pretty well off, too. Right? You seem to think that the democrats in this administration are just toiling away for your good. Don't make me laugh, Doo-fus. That's what is so entertaining about you libroids. You have NO idea that the Democrats are just as guilty as the Republicans. As least I have enough sense to know that. You don't. Obamacare is NOT a good law as you stated in a previous post. No one argues that healthcare reform is sorely needed, but this law is a calamity. There is enough HARD evidence of that now. I don't know how many articles you have to read and how many stories you need to hear to be convinced of that. Many more people have been hurt than helped. You keep talking about taking our country back from the wealthy. Okay. Are we going to take our country back away from the gamers, too? How about them? Let me give you an example of something I heard with my own ears this past weekend. This IS NOT an isolated incident. This type of thing is going on EVERY DAY. I was at a bakery picking up some things for a gathering. There was a couple who were speaking with the baker about ordering a wedding cake for their wedding which was happening in a week. The couple told the baker how they wanted their cake to be and the cost of the cake came to $450.00. After the baker had spent time going over all of that, the couple asked if they could pay for their cake with their EBT card!!!!! The baker told them no and they left. She was DISGUSTED as well she should have been. She told me that since the money is now put on "credit cards", the money can be spent on gambling, booze or any way the gamers want to spend it. She said that couple can go to Kroger or Publix and pay for their wedding cake that way. So, Doo-fus. Are we going to demand accountability in regard to entitlements? The problem is with BOTH ends of the spectrum. The system gamers are taking away from the poor who really NEED the help and from the middle class. What do you have to say about that?
A welfare recipient paying $450 for a cake ????

Wow ...I think I 'll make up a bunch of pancakes and cover them with icing and sell them to dumb Libroids ......

Location hidden

#37337 Feb 17, 2014
OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>@Aggie
I had just turned twenty, it happened on Dec. 18, 1999...
Sorry to hear that, losing a parent (or sibling) at a young age is tough. My Dad died at a fairly young age when I was 19.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brunswick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Speed Trap along the I-95 corridor in Mcintosh ... (Nov '15) 8 hr Sherlock 54
where in Darien can i use draw net to catch shr... Sep 2 Dvht 3
Jekyll Public Oyster Beds Aug 28 Brief 1
Jennifer aka Snow (Jun '14) Aug 22 Ja nuttz 4
Job Corps info. (Aug '11) Aug '17 Jenforbus 6
Looking Aug '17 Truth 10
are great white sharks in altamahal river ? Aug '17 FLNDN 6

Brunswick Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance