Ka Boom

Blairsville, GA

#3819 Feb 22, 2013
bored monitor wrote:
<quoted text>
y would U feel the need to butt in on the conversation? MYOB.
Because it's a public forum, you freak. If you want privacy, get a room.
Columbus Native

Oklahoma City, OK

#3823 Feb 22, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, they don't even need the written word. All they need to know is that we are either Republican or conservative and they KNOW that those are code words for racists. They have their own special dictionary, the same one that says "cuts in the increase in spending" are the same things as
"actual cuts in spending".
Like all of us non-republicans are liberals cause they don't like republicam hypocracy. You conservatives gave us the first real big spenders, Reagan and Bush, thought you all were suppose to be fiscally responsible. Now you understand why we independents defacatted romney from our presidency 2012.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#3824 Feb 22, 2013
Ka Boom wrote:
<quoted text>
Because it's a public forum, you freak. If you want privacy, get a room.
will ur wife be in the room?

Location hidden

#3826 Feb 22, 2013
OMTE wrote:
Do you really think I care if a bunch of sissies attack me verbally? You're a moron. I'm never scared; especially when it comes to putting queers and racist anarchists in there place. How's that for politically incorrect? You like that? I have alot more where that came from; you a**lickin commy.
u must be a real tuff guy.

Since: Jul 12

Douglasville, GA

#3827 Feb 22, 2013
IMHO I think all you guys and gals should sit down and read Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand. I think that after reading it you will look at things much differently and your thought process's will be forever changed. It is an eye opener. If you have read it you know exactly what I am talking about.

Location hidden

#3830 Feb 22, 2013
Columbus Native wrote:
<quoted text>Like all of us non-republicans are liberals cause they don't like republicam hypocracy. You conservatives gave us the first real big spenders, Reagan and Bush, thought you all were suppose to be fiscally responsible. Now you understand why we independents defacatted romney from our presidency 2012.
Recognizing this is probably a complete waste of time, let's play.

First of all, my post was simply stating the obvious - whenever a Republican or conservative disagrees with a liberal and/or Democrat position, the knee jerk response is to call them a racist instead of actually addressing the points of disagreement. It is intellectually vacuous , but it continues to be the "charge of choice". There are some on here who will actually argue with what they consider to be valid points, but a simple review of the history of this thread proves my point. The obvious reason is that if you can't argue a position, attack the person. Nothing persuasive in it, but the intent is to put them on the defensive and off of their argument. Pathetic.

And while, as a conservative, I consider the title of "liberal" to be one I would never claim, those who are liberal should carry it proudly. Why are you objecting to it? Please explain. Conversely, no one would welcome the charge of racist - it is a truly hateful thing to call someone. But it continues from the left non-stop.

You call yourself an independent - but all I ever see is you attacking the Right, what positions from the Left do you object to?
soros

Atlanta, GA

#3834 Feb 22, 2013
Study up on abolitionists and Lincoln. They leaned on him, pressured him, as he played tug of war with his own feelings toward slavery vs upholding the constitution. PBS aired a documentarty on the most important abolitionists and how they helped shaped Lincoln's decision to abolish slavery.
soros

Atlanta, GA

#3836 Feb 22, 2013
And also may want to read about Lincoln's views on coloniazation. He actually thought African Americans should return to Africa or settle in Central or Latin America. Just a few snippets from the documentary.
OMTE

Enigma, GA

#3837 Feb 22, 2013
soros wrote:
And also may want to read about Lincoln's views on coloniazation. He actually thought African Americans should return to Africa or settle in Central or Latin America. Just a few snippets from the documentary.
Yeah he thought whites and blacks wouldn't be able to get along. Go figure.

Location hidden

#3838 Feb 22, 2013
@The White Raven

Whoo, that article was interesting - a little too "conspiracy" oriented, sorry to use the word, but at the moment, I can't think of another. There are very valid
points raised there, but they get lost in what I would consider the over the top rhetoric. About Lincoln:
1. Agree, that he did not invade the South to free the slaves, his priority was always the preservation of the Union.(which answers 2) And I would agree with much of the statement that "the principle of independent sovereign states under the precepts of constitutional law died" with the Civil War.
3. This one is a little sticky, while it may be much to proclaim Lincoln a "champion of equality and natural rights", when reading quotations from his speeches from before the Civil War, I think it fair to say that he found slavery indefensible and thought it screamed hypocrisy at a country founded on the concept of "all men are created equal". But his goal was to prevent the spread of slavery to any further states or territories. He was content to let it continue in the South because he was confident that the institution would die on its own.
However,(and this addresses 6) once the South chose to secede, he felt the only option was to bring the South back by whatever means necessary in order to preserve the Union.
4. "malice towards none" - I don't think that many would argue that Lincoln's assassination was the worst thing that could have happened to the South. Lincoln's plan was to try and bring the South back into the Union with as little
"retribution" as possible. The disaster to the South of Reconstruction could have probably been avoided had Lincoln lived as he could have probably forestalled the worst the Radical Republicans wanted to do to the South.

Brief points - no fan of Woodrow Wilson here.

"Are we committing national suicide?" - in a word - yes - if we do not find a way to curb the worst of the left's agenda, which means establishment Republicans must quit going along to get along and listen to the conservatives in their midst.

Don't know what, if any, of that you would agree with, but that's my opinion.
soros

Atlanta, GA

#3839 Feb 22, 2013
Good post, Aggie.
OMTE

Enigma, GA

#3841 Feb 22, 2013
Why would you quote someone to whom you're not a fan of? Just asking?
OMTE

Enigma, GA

#3842 Feb 22, 2013
The White Raven wrote:
soros
Riverdale, GA
And also may want to read about Lincoln's views on coloniazation. He actually thought African Americans should return to Africa or settle in Central or Latin America.
________
In modern times I've heard many people say something along those lines, and then they're usually called racist. But Lincoln said if first, so I guess it's all right to say it?
Some might select 'certain' whites to ship along with them?
This ground is actually just too fertile to plant anything with so many racists and bigots about, but people should watch Ken Burns' film Gettysburg before they try to say they understand Lincoln and the Civil wWar. Had the South won at Gettysburg everything would be different now. General Lee made a tactical error or else the outcome of the battle might have been different.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_film
_________
I have all of your very questionable material that you have provided today. I should post it all in one post later today, and then probably we should see if we can have you banned at TOPIX. It would be the best thing for you and probably everybody else.
Probably one of the drugs in this class of drugs might be helpful to you. Hope you canb get some help soon...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chlorpromazine
Wow!!! I don't know what I'll do without topix. Are you for real??? HAHA....Hope they don't look at your posts. They might think you're a prepper and come and take your ammo. HAHA. Bye.
jeb stuart

Baxley, GA

#3843 Feb 22, 2013
lincoln was,to say the least a very compelling and controversial figure,especially in his time.while he did make all the statements that you have all attributed to him, he seem to have always been 'a work in progress'.an open-minded, deep thinker who quite often seemed to contridict himself.for example,when he was a congressman from Ill.,and texas was a state in Mexico wanting to secede, he plainly stated in a speech that any state should have the right to do this. and while he was running for president,he that if it would 'preserve the union' that he would not free any of slaves,or(again,if it would preserve the union),he would free all of them. he also said things like if he thought cannibalism would get him the votes he needed to win,then he would be fattening up a minister on the white house lawn(altho',this obviously a joke. i think that we should not try too hard to judge nineteenth century men by 20th or 21st century standards.
soros

Atlanta, GA

#3844 Feb 22, 2013
Far from racist. You don't have a clue. So just hush calling everyone you disagree with, a racist. I'm embarassed for you. I don't throw certain words around loosely, one being, racist.
And have eliminated a few words from my vocabulary, one being the word, hate.
So whatever your psychic ability isn't and the fact you read people not so well, is no concern of mine.
OMTE

Enigma, GA

#3845 Feb 22, 2013
jeb stuart wrote:
lincoln was,to say the least a very compelling and controversial figure,especially in his time.while he did make all the statements that you have all attributed to him, he seem to have always been 'a work in progress'.an open-minded, deep thinker who quite often seemed to contridict himself.for example,when he was a congressman from Ill.,and texas was a state in Mexico wanting to secede, he plainly stated in a speech that any state should have the right to do this. and while he was running for president,he that if it would 'preserve the union' that he would not free any of slaves,or(again,if it would preserve the union),he would free all of them. he also said things like if he thought cannibalism would get him the votes he needed to win,then he would be fattening up a minister on the white house lawn(altho',this obviously a joke. i think that we should not try too hard to judge nineteenth century men by 20th or 21st century standards.
I'm impressed.
OMTE

Enigma, GA

#3847 Feb 22, 2013
Why do you continue to make comments directed towards me you dam ole buzzard. Leave me alone and I'll try not to make your blood pressure rise.
Columbus Native

Oklahoma City, OK

#3848 Feb 22, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Recognizing this is probably a complete waste of time, let's play.
First of all, my post was simply stating the obvious - whenever a Republican or conservative disagrees with a liberal and/or Democrat position, the knee jerk response is to call them a racist instead of actually addressing the points of disagreement. It is intellectually vacuous , but it continues to be the "charge of choice". There are some on here who will actually argue with what they consider to be valid points, but a simple review of the history of this thread proves my point. The obvious reason is that if you can't argue a position, attack the person. Nothing persuasive in it, but the intent is to put them on the defensive and off of their argument. Pathetic.
And while, as a conservative, I consider the title of "liberal" to be one I would never claim, those who are liberal should carry it proudly. Why are you objecting to it? Please explain. Conversely, no one would welcome the charge of racist - it is a truly hateful thing to call someone. But it continues from the left non-stop.
You call yourself an independent - but all I ever see is you attacking the Right, what positions from the Left do you object to?
I would have to disagree with Gay Marriage unlike liberals and many republicans including the pathetic Laura Bush,many praticing gay congressmen including republicans caught recently with their pants down. Also I saw recently where Colin Powell endorces gay marriage. Gun Control on assault weapons should not be persude. Anytime one votes they SHOULD show their voter card as well as a picture ID. Some entitlements including social and militatry entitlements should be cut-back. But you republicans want to gorge the wealthy with your praise,tax breaks and worship. You don't want them to pay a penny more and you want cuts to only social programs only! You would increase our army to record levels borrowing money from the Chinese with little oversight on military spending. You would act unilaterally and let America alone attack Iran while the jews sit back spend nothing and lose no lives. Tell the Chinese they should'nt have a one child birth policy. And the list goes on and on. Quit telling the world how to live and get your own act together. Hows That?
OMTE

Enigma, GA

#3849 Feb 22, 2013
Columbus Native wrote:
<quoted text> I would have to disagree with Gay Marriage unlike liberals and many republicans including the pathetic Laura Bush,many praticing gay congressmen including republicans caught recently with their pants down. Also I saw recently where Colin Powell endorces gay marriage. Gun Control on assault weapons should not be persude. Anytime one votes they SHOULD show their voter card as well as a picture ID. Some entitlements including social and militatry entitlements should be cut-back. But you republicans want to gorge the wealthy with your praise,tax breaks and worship. You don't want them to pay a penny more and you want cuts to only social programs only! You would increase our army to record levels borrowing money from the Chinese with little oversight on military spending. You would act unilaterally and let America alone attack Iran while the jews sit back spend nothing and lose no lives. Tell the Chinese they should'nt have a one child birth policy. And the list goes on and on. Quit telling the world how to live and get your own act together. Hows That?
You got my vote.
LeftWingNut

Dawsonville, GA

#3850 Feb 22, 2013
The White Raven wrote:
I have all of your very questionable material that you have provided today. I should post it all in one post later today, and then probably we should see if we can have you banned at TOPIX. It would be the best thing for you and probably everybody else.

Should be no doubt in anyones mind you are a left wing nut. They are the only ones who want speech control, gun control, and leftist control.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brunswick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) 9 min JayPo 2,056
Video Spotlight - A Whites-Only Bathroom on the... (Nov '07) Sat WC St Marys 893
Blue Bar/Boondocks (Jan '12) Sep 16 JMO 18
Who runs the landscape shop in Woodbine? (Aug '08) Sep 11 magnola 25
GA Who do you support for Attorney General in Geor... (Oct '10) Sep 5 faisha 186
Part 12 Guy Heinze Jr. (May '10) Sep 4 Get Over It 1,185
Mater Construction Aug 31 rodeogirl31520 3
•••
•••
•••

Brunswick Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Brunswick People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••