Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia in 2010?

Posted in the Brunswick Forum

Comments (Page 166)

Showing posts 3,301 - 3,320 of47,390
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Yeah! Let's ALL envy Europe.

http://www.presseurop.eu/en/content/article/1...
BoilinItDownChic kn

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

The White Raven wrote:
Tack and Sole
Columbus, GA
Ain't never gonna vote for a democrat again, ever
Then also it
could be because of the out-of-control spending in Washington and the ever expanding welfare and 'nanny' state.
Makers/Takers argument? Check.
Probably bigot, afraid a black man might get a piece of bread on his nickel? Check
The White Raven wrote:
Tack and Sole
Or, this person could be a paying member of the NRA and now sees that gun control was just held back until Obama's 2nd term. All those that bought into Obama's silence on gun
control during his first term were duped.
Gun-toting paraniod redneck? Check.

All the ingredients of a typical Republicans world view accounted for.

No surprises.
OMTE

Unadilla, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Fear is what the Republicans thrive on, instead of morals like their founding father Lincoln.
OMTE

Unadilla, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

The White Raven wrote:
It's almost as if I knew exactly what was coming, so I gathered the list of definitions that will follow.
I might add that, failing any ~relevant facts, clear logic, and sound reasoning, one can often times 'baffle with BS' and thereby disarm an opponent temporarily, until you can have enough time to thrust again with some alternative ruse or deception.
An effective technique, I must say, and it's often used by the MSM and politicians on both sides of the isle.
Using the term 'babbling buffoon' or 'babbling buffoons' can be effective in your business and personal dealings.
Just as using the terms 'ignoramus', and 'ignoramus goofball' seems to be effective from time-to-time. But using then here to describe many of the posters may be totally correct and is in no way being facetious. Well that's to attempt to point out that, try as we might, we can't really be expected to fashion a reply to many of these folks, so we can do as well to just let many of these absurd suppositions and replies pass as we just consider the source(s).
_____
bab·ble (bbl)
v. bab·bled, bab·bling, bab·bles
v.intr.
1. To utter a meaningless confusion of words or sounds: Babies babble before they can talk.
2. To talk foolishly or idly.
3. To make a continuous low, murmuring sound, as flowing water.
v.tr.
1. To utter rapidly and indistinctly.
2. To blurt out impulsively; disclose without careful consideration.
n.
1. Inarticulate or meaningless talk or sounds.
2. Idle or foolish talk; chatter.
3. A continuous low, murmuring sound, as of flowing water.
[Middle English babelen.]
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition copyright ©2000
buf·foon (b-fn)
n.
1. A clown; a jester: a court buffoon.
2. A person given to clowning and joking.
3. A ludicrous or bumbling person; a fool.
[French bouffon, from Old Italian buffone, from buffa, jest, from buffare, to puff, of imitative origin.]
buf·fooner·y (b-fn-r) n.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition copyright ©2000
ignoramus
noun dunce, fool, ass, donkey, bonehead (slang), duffer (informal), simpleton, dullard, dolt, blockhead, lowbrow, putz (U.S. slang), fathead (informal), eejit (Scot. & Irish), thicko (Brit. slang), numpty (Scot. informal), doofus (slang, chiefly U.S.), numbskull or numskull
Collins Thesaurus of the English Language – Complete and Unabridged 2nd Edition. 2002 ©
goof·ball (gfbôl) Slang
n.
1. A foolish, incompetent, or stupid person.
2. A barbiturate or tranquilizer pill, especially when taken for nonmedical purposes.
adj.
Silly or outlandish: "Underneath his goofball braggadocio lies a kind of purity" (David Ansen).
ThesaurusLegend: Synonyms Related Words Antonyms Noun
1. goofball - a man who is a stupid incompetent fool
bozo, cuckoo, fathead, goof, jackass, twat, zany, goose
fool, muggins, saphead, tomfool, sap - a person who lacks good judgment
2. goofball - a person who amuses others by ridiculous behavior merry andrew, buffoon, clown, goof
comedian, comic - a professional performer who tells jokes and performs comical acts
harlequin - a clown or buffoon (after the Harlequin character in the commedia dell'arte)
jester, motley fool, fool - a professional clown employed to entertain a king or nobleman in the
Middle Ages
whiteface - a clown whose face is covered with white make-up
zany - a buffoon in one of the old comedies; imitates others for ludicrous effect
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection.© 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc
_________
What are you saying; that you are a babbling baffoon and no one should listen to you. If so; then I'd have to agree. Good post.
OMTE

Unadilla, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

The White Raven wrote:
It's almost as if I knew exactly what was coming, so I gathered the list of definitions that will follow.
I might add that, failing any ~relevant facts, clear logic, and sound reasoning, one can often times 'baffle with BS' and thereby disarm an opponent temporarily, until you can have enough time to thrust again with some alternative ruse or deception.
An effective technique, I must say, and it's often used by the MSM and politicians on both sides of the isle.
Using the term 'babbling buffoon' or 'babbling buffoons' can be effective in your business and personal dealings.
Just as using the terms 'ignoramus', and 'ignoramus goofball' seems to be effective from time-to-time. But using then here to describe many of the posters may be totally correct and is in no way being facetious. Well that's to attempt to point out that, try as we might, we can't really be expected to fashion a reply to many of these folks, so we can do as well to just let many of these absurd suppositions and replies pass as we just consider the source(s).
_____
bab·ble (bbl)
v. bab·bled, bab·bling, bab·bles
v.intr.
1. To utter a meaningless confusion of words or sounds: Babies babble before they can talk.
2. To talk foolishly or idly.
3. To make a continuous low, murmuring sound, as flowing water.
v.tr.
1. To utter rapidly and indistinctly.
2. To blurt out impulsively; disclose without careful consideration.
n.
1. Inarticulate or meaningless talk or sounds.
2. Idle or foolish talk; chatter.
3. A continuous low, murmuring sound, as of flowing water.
[Middle English babelen.]
buf·foon (b-fn)
n.
1. A clown; a jester: a court buffoon.
2. A person given to clowning and joking.
3. A ludicrous or bumbling person; a fool.
[French bouffon, from Old Italian buffone, from buffa, jest, from buffare, to puff, of imitative origin.]
buf·fooner·y (b-fn-r) n.
ignoramus
noun dunce, fool, ass, donkey, bonehead (slang), duffer (informal), simpleton, dullard, dolt, blockhead, lowbrow, putz (U.S. slang), fathead (informal), eejit (Scot. & Irish), thicko (Brit. slang), numpty (Scot. informal), doofus (slang, chiefly U.S.), numbskull or numskull
Collins Thesaurus of the English Language – Complete and Unabridged 2nd Edition. 2002 ©
goof·ball (gfbôl) Slang
n.
1. A foolish, incompetent, or stupid person.
2. A barbiturate or tranquilizer pill, especially when taken for nonmedical purposes.
adj.
Silly or outlandish: "Underneath his goofball braggadocio lies a kind of purity" (David Ansen).
ThesaurusLegend: Synonyms Related Words Antonyms Noun
1. goofball - a man who is a stupid incompetent fool
bozo, cuckoo, fathead, goof, jackass, twat, zany, goose
fool, muggins, saphead, tomfool, sap - a person who lacks good judgment
2. goofball - a person who amuses others by ridiculous behavior merry andrew, buffoon, clown, goof
comedian, comic - a professional performer who tells jokes and performs comical acts
harlequin - a clown or buffoon (after the Harlequin character in the commedia dell'arte)
jester, motley fool, fool - a professional clown employed to entertain a king or nobleman in the
Middle Ages
whiteface - a clown whose face is covered with white make-up
zany - a buffoon in one of the old comedies; imitates others for ludicrous effect
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection.© 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc
_________
So suffer 'babbling buffoons' and 'ignoramus goofballs' gladly, if you can, whenever you can. They're just part of the mix most places and surely so at TOPIX.
Lighten up... Don't take everything so personal. At and in a public cesspool like TOPIX what else can you expect?
I'd agree. You do sound like a "ignoramus babbling baffoon". Good post.
soros

Mitchell, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Stop with the dictionary posts...we all have one. Good grief. We don't read the posts. We all can copy and paste, we learned it in kindergarten.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

OMTE wrote:
Fear is what the Republicans thrive on, instead of morals like their founding father Lincoln.
Yeah....NO. When Obama was afraid he wasn't going to get his way with the debt ceiling, whom did he go after first??? The elderly and the soldiers. You want to talk about Fear Mongering???? Look at YOUR party.
soros

Mitchell, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

The White Raven wrote:
BoilinItDownChic kn
Douglasville, GA
You made my point for me better than I could have ever hoped to do. And also, little do you know, that I have almost as much contempt for the right as I do for the left, as I will put forward soon enough.
You're so set in your biases and your prejudices that
you're about the same as many lost souls out there in these times.
Every person will fit neatly into one of your little boxes and categories, as you see it,[well it just doesn't work that way many times]-- but as you spew your 'stuff' know than many will have 'checked you off' as well.
Good post.
soros

Mitchell, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Not directed to you, White Raven. I should have clarified. I relate to you, very much so.
OMTE

Unadilla, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

By your comments you're showing that you're filled with nothing but hate for your fellow man. You are the reason why the Republican party is becoming obsolete. You hate most americans. You think everyone is dumb, but you. Instead of getting people to try and see your point of view you critize. When really you're just mad that you are the minority now and will soon become extinct.
soros

Mitchell, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

I've spent my adult life in a team environment, delivering care to the rich, poor, homeless and disabled. Don't lable me as a hate filled human without compassion. I speak only for myself.
soros

Mitchell, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

label ^
Columbus Native

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

The White Raven wrote:
Colunbus Native
Oklahoma City, OK
As we move closer to the much needed Sequestor notice how both parties are starting to back-off. Republicans because of cuts to defence which is pork-laden and democrats because of minor cuts to entitlements. I said it 30 years ago, it's not a question of if we go bankrupt but WHEN! How many in this fast food, fast divorce, cell phone addicted society could stand humbly in a soup line for a few years untill the caos settles down? Hunker down and get ready cause whether you like it or not it's going to happen.
http://www.safehaven.com/article/28826/2013-o...
The USA is well beyond bankrupt at this point, but you might still save yourself and your family if you can accumulate enough silver before the bond bubble bursts and everything collapses. The green paper Federal Reserve IOU certificates may still serve as toilet paper that will be in short supply after the collapse.
You can't eat that pure silver coin and when this country goes under and folks are breaking into any and all stores grapping any food they can find gold and silver will not cause the store owner to hold everyone back and let you come in cause you got gold and silver. No , when their is total caos and mayhem in this country you better have a place to hide stocked with food and water that no one knows about. You say call the police! They will be robbing and stealing trying to feed their families too. You folks don't know how carnal mankind will become when their are no cell phones, or food.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

OMTE wrote:
By your comments you're showing that you're filled with nothing but hate for your fellow man. You are the reason why the Republican party is becoming obsolete. You hate most americans. You think everyone is dumb, but you. Instead of getting people to try and see your point of view you critize. When really you're just mad that you are the minority now and will soon become extinct.
You liberals surely do know a lot about hate. You preach hate day in and day out on Topix. The liberal's two defining mantras: You are filled with HATE.
You are RACIST.
You seem to think when you sling those two sentences into a debate,it gives you some sort of leg up. That you receive some sort of "advantage". All it really does is show how well indoctrinated you are.
driving me nuts

Unadilla, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

I think the Republican Party initially swept into power in the modern day in 1994 and all the pundits were saying they should be able to hold it for 50 years and Democrats were done etc but of course Republicans managed to screw up.
Now we are hearing the same about the Democrats and the Republicans are done. The tide will turn again I'm sure.
Fact is, we'd be alot better off if both parties disappeared. What a dream.
I read where Washington and Adams did not want political parties. The thought being a person would be more faithful/bound to the political party than to the Constitution/Nation. Jefferson and Hamilton took the oposite view. Unfortunately, Jefferson and Hamilton won.
Now we see who was right. The Nation has been shoveling the crap from both parties far too long.
HearHear

Dahlonega, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
You liberals surely do know a lot about hate. You preach hate day in and day out on Topix. The liberal's two defining mantras: You are filled with HATE.
You are RACIST.
You seem to think when you sling those two sentences into a debate,it gives you some sort of leg up. That you receive some sort of "advantage". All it really does is show how well indoctrinated you are.
Hear Hear!
jeb stuart

Baxley, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

driving me nuts wrote:
I think the Republican Party initially swept into power in the modern day in 1994 and all the pundits were saying they should be able to hold it for 50 years and Democrats were done etc but of course Republicans managed to screw up.
Now we are hearing the same about the Democrats and the Republicans are done. The tide will turn again I'm sure.
I read where Washington and Adams did not want political parties. The thought being a person would be more faithful/bound to the political party than to the Constitution/Nation. Jefferson and Hamilton took the oposite view. Unfortunately, Jefferson and Hamilton won.
Now we see who was right. The Nation has been shoveling the crap from both parties far too long.
good post,for the most part,but jefferson and hamilton were bitter political rivals.they both served in washingtons' orignal cabinet,but they represented very different views.hamilton was a federalist and jefferson a democrat(not to be confused with todays' democratic party).still,i like the post.
driving me nuts

Unadilla, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>good post,for the most part,but jefferson and hamilton were bitter political rivals.they both served in washingtons' orignal cabinet,but they represented very different views.hamilton was a federalist and jefferson a democrat(not to be confused with todays' democratic party).still,i like the post.
you have greed with me about them forming politcal parties. I didn't say they were in the same party. I guess I didn't complete my thought. thanks.
barring removing the parties I'd sure like to see term limits, which by the way those Republicans of 1994 were all for when the campaign was on. Alot of them are still there. Imagine that!
driving me nuts

Unadilla, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

The White Raven,
Most people think if cash is no good they use a debit or credit card!

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

driving me nuts wrote:
Agree completely. I vote Republican because they are closest to my conservative views, but the Republican "establishment" makes me sick to my stomach. And hasn't Washington been proved sadly right. Those once elected are first and foremost committed to their reelection and retention of power, their constituency second (maybe third, fourth...). Term limits would solve SO many problems.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 3,301 - 3,320 of47,390
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Brunswick Discussions

Search the Brunswick Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) 12 hr Paris 2,036
Dukes of Iron MC 13 hr Itty Bitty Dick Committee 3
What happened to Kim Devore Jun 29 Curious 1
Juneteenth festival celebrates freedom Jun 21 Shining Electron 1
More black on white crime (Aug '13) Jun 18 samnammit 13
Birth mothers who answered ads / Gittleman aka ... Jun 18 joanNYadoptees 1
Blueberry growers go to 'pick-it-yourself' model Jun 16 Barbara 2
•••
•••
•••
Brunswick Dating

more search filters

less search filters