Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...

Since: Sep 13

Fortson, GA

#33442 Dec 20, 2013
BREAKING NEWS! It has now come to the attention of the world that we have a serial linker. This serial linker posts ridiculous comments prior to, and following something they read, in an attempt to dumb down everyone foolish enough to click on them, to an IQ level that rivals that of a single corn flake. So far, the Intelligence Police only know this criminal by the name "there" At present, details are sketchy, but then again, so are the links. More to follow... We now return you to the previously prerecorded semantics.
Laughing at U

Blairsville, GA

#33443 Dec 20, 2013
Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, you broke down and provided info that someone else could find if they REALLY wanted to.:)
Depending on how one defines the evil rich and middle class, an interesting comparison could be gleaned from the tax tables, too.
Interesting to note that the top 10%'s burden is 25% higher than the middle class burden.
I'm sure this conversation will get interesting, so...
For those that don't comprehend the math, 30% is 25% higher than 24%. The % number is "only" (as some will likely say) 6% higher, but that 6% higher is 25% of the 24% number. So, the evil rich's tax burden is 125% of the middle class (25% higher).
In terms some might understand better:
A baseball player (Joe) has a batting average of .300, a pretty good average in the major leagues.
Another player (Mike) has a batting average of .150, not a good average in the major leagues.
One could say that Joe hit .150 higher than Mike. One could also say Joe hit 2x (two times) higher than Mike, or 200% of what Mike hit.
Both would be correct.
Also, some would say, unless Mike is a pitcher, he should look for another sport...
True, true, but your example is based on a single amount comparison.

For example:

Use $100,000

30% of that amount is:$30,000
24% of that amount is:$24,000

$30,000 is indeed 25% larger than $24,000

But the top $10 percent of income earners and middle class (these are the two classes quoted earlier) would not be making the same income - otherwise they'd be in the same class.

For the math geniuses out there, I'm guessing you'd have to compare someone paying 30 % of $1,000,000 to someone paying $24% of $50,000 as a better example. But hey, I pay a goofy looking accountant (who's probably never been laid) to do that kind of thing. Do beat your chests and impress yourselves.
Troll Man

Blairsville, GA

#33444 Dec 20, 2013
Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, I was correct...
"it seems the top 10% and the middle class have a relatively similar tax burden."
If one considers a 25% difference in the actual rates "relatively similar".
"10% pay only a few percentage points higher "
If one considers 6 actual percentage points "a few".
As another example, if two people make $100 and one pays $2 in taxes and the other pays $1 in taxes, one person is paying a rate that is twice that of the other...
Also, I would point out that it depends on your definition of the word "burden." As I use the word, it does not equate to the amount of taxes paid, as you suggest.

For example, if a person weighed 100 pounds and carried a load of 50 pounds, their burden would be the same as a 200 pound person carrying 100 pounds. Obviously, the smaller guy is carrying 50% less than the big guy, but their burden in the same. Maybe others apply different meanings to "burden" than I.

Fortson, GA

#33445 Dec 20, 2013
NOW! You see what I mean? Typical full of crap politician. The lady asked a simple question. "Has this been the worst year of your Presidency?" He has tiptoed all around it, going on and on about gas, and blah whatever to avoid a simple answer. "YES" That's all the guy has to say. He promotes himself about as well as the dumb kid who made a brilliant macaroni picture in second grade.

Full of crap liars are they, and now you know why I don't subscribe to them.
there

Phoenix, AZ

#33446 Dec 20, 2013
General Robert E Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
What is your idea of a fairness tax?

Start from scratch, and eliminate all loopholes, for everyone and all businesses........

or better yet, go back to when the Fed taxes first stared and let all businesses pay the tax..........

there

Phoenix, AZ

#33447 Dec 20, 2013
ster402005 wrote:
BREAKING NEWS! It has now come to the attention of the world that we have a serial linker. This serial linker posts ridiculous comments prior to, and following something they read, in an attempt to dumb down everyone foolish enough to click on them, to an IQ level that rivals that of a single corn flake. So far, the Intelligence Police only know this criminal by the name "there" At present, details are sketchy, but then again, so are the links. More to follow... We now return you to the previously prerecorded semantics.

And your the big dummy who makes foolish comments without LINKS..........
and your point is what???? that you are a bigger fool than me..........

there

Phoenix, AZ

#33448 Dec 20, 2013
ster402005 wrote:
NOW! You see what I mean? Typical full of crap politician. The lady asked a simple question. "Has this been the worst year of your Presidency?" He has tiptoed all around it, going on and on about gas, and blah whatever to avoid a simple answer. "YES" That's all the guy has to say. He promotes himself about as well as the dumb kid who made a brilliant macaroni picture in second grade.
Full of crap liars are they, and now you know why I don't subscribe to them.

Where's your link to back up the crap you post dummy??? or do you expect us to believe a dummy..........

there

Phoenix, AZ

#33449 Dec 20, 2013
<quoted text>
So, your posted facts are based on speculation?

If you had read all those links in detail I provided; what word, other than speculation, would you use?

there

Phoenix, AZ

#33450 Dec 20, 2013

The dogs of winter turn on Obama..........

"Obama's Last Press Conference of the Year Got Feisty"

http://www.nationaljournal.com/white-house/ob...

there

Phoenix, AZ

#33451 Dec 20, 2013
This post is the best, it gives an opinion based on a link......

"The dogs of winter turn on Obama..........

"Obama's Last Press Conference of the Year Got Feisty"

http://www.nationaljournal.com/white-house/ob ... "

This post is the worst, it gives an opinion of a dummy based on only his word, no link......

"NOW! You see what I mean? Typical full of crap politician. The lady asked a simple question. "Has this been the worst year of your Presidency?" He has tiptoed all around it, going on and on about gas, and blah whatever to avoid a simple answer. "YES" That's all the guy has to say. He promotes himself about as well as the dumb kid who made a brilliant macaroni picture in second grade.

Full of crap liars are they, and now you know why I don't subscribe to them."

What a dummy..........

Fortson, GA

#33452 Dec 20, 2013
there wrote:
<quoted text>
And your the big dummy who makes foolish comments without LINKS..........
and your point is what???? that you are a bigger fool than me..........
Why would I need links, when I can think for myself, rather than listen to the mindless babble of a complete doof? You should take a day off, sit in silence listening to classical music, and evaluate your OWN beliefs, rather than those you read on your little sites you visit. You may find out a lot about yourself that you didn't know. Unless, of course, you are already brainwashed beyond all recognition.

Fortson, GA

#33453 Dec 20, 2013
there wrote:
<quoted text>
Where's your link to back up the crap you post dummy??? or do you expect us to believe a dummy..........
OH, you asked a question. Where's my link? Right here.

“Liberals are closet raaacists!”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#33454 Dec 20, 2013
<quoted text>
Actually, the IRS disagrees with you, and the three previous reports I have posted disagree with you also. Perhaps you can provide a link from where you get your information? Start with your POI paid in taxes scenario. Who do you support for the 2014 Senate election in Georgia?
Don't you think it rather IRONIC that he is "worried" about future generations, however, HE voted for Obama TWICE????? rotfl Me thinks he is a little late to the dance.

Location hidden

#33455 Dec 20, 2013
ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, I just post the facts. I can't help it if they point out the the Republicans, and the Tea Party in particular, and especially the right-wing propaganda machine are just the errand-boys of the Koch Brothers. It's not my fault it's true. It's indisputable.:p
lol No, really. Get help. If something were to happen to those boys, you'd be the first person to be investigated.

Location hidden

#33456 Dec 20, 2013
ster402005 wrote:
More breaking news! Beounce has dropped a new album!!!!! Stop the world! It has been reported on the NATIONAL News! Now THAT'S important. Can you imagine? She KEPT IT A SECRET! Holy spit, Batman! What a woman! Let's all run out an buy it! NOW! I've not heard anything as important since Obama was elected. Whew! Beounce + Obama HAVE saved the country afterall. Wow! THAT was a close one.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#33457 Dec 20, 2013
Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, I was correct...
"it seems the top 10% and the middle class have a relatively similar tax burden."
If one considers a 25% difference in the actual rates "relatively similar".
"10% pay only a few percentage points higher "
If one considers 6 actual percentage points "a few".
As another example, if two people make $100 and one pays $2 in taxes and the other pays $1 in taxes, one person is paying a rate that is twice that of the other...
Uh, Nope. You're quite incorrect. But what's new?

There wouldn't be a 25% "difference in the actual rates" as you suggest. The top 10 percent and the middle class would be paying on different $$ amounts - so it's apples and oranges. Just like in your example they'd have to be paying different tax rates on the same amount of income - but that's not real life, is it!!

The top 10 percent pays 30%, the middle class pays 24%(if we're to take those numbers on faith) That means exactly what it suggests - the richest taxpayers only pay 6% more of their earnings than the middle class does on theirs (on average) The comparison between the $$ amounts paid is a completely separate matter.

Argue all you want that the richest shouldn't pay a higher rate, but don't try to convince others than the rates are other than what they are.

As they say, lies, damn lies and statistics:(

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#33458 Dec 20, 2013
Troll Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Also, I would point out that it depends on your definition of the word "burden." As I use the word, it does not equate to the amount of taxes paid, as you suggest.
For example, if a person weighed 100 pounds and carried a load of 50 pounds, their burden would be the same as a 200 pound person carrying 100 pounds. Obviously, the smaller guy is carrying 50% less than the big guy, but their burden in the same. Maybe others apply different meanings to "burden" than I.
Yes, if one were to define "burden" as a load's % of one's weight, both would be a 50% burden in the above example.

And, no, I don't equate burden to the amount of taxes paid, I equate it to the tax rate paid. A 30% tax burden is 25% higher than a 24% tax burden.

It's kinda difficult to compare $300K in taxes paid by someone with $1 million in taxable income with someone paying $12K in taxes on $50K in taxable income. Note that the rates in this example are nowhere near reflective of the real world, a single person would have to have taxable income of around $160K before their federal taxes would be 24% of their taxable income (and their earnings would be higher than $160K).

Location hidden

#33459 Dec 20, 2013
Rich Redneck II wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh, Nope. You're quite incorrect. But what's new?
There wouldn't be a 25% "difference in the actual rates" as you suggest. The top 10 percent and the middle class would be paying on different $$ amounts - so it's apples and oranges. Just like in your example they'd have to be paying different tax rates on the same amount of income - but that's not real life, is it!!
The top 10 percent pays 30%, the middle class pays 24%(if we're to take those numbers on faith) That means exactly what it suggests - the richest taxpayers only pay 6% more of their earnings than the middle class does on theirs (on average) The comparison between the $$ amounts paid is a completely separate matter.
Argue all you want that the richest shouldn't pay a higher rate, but don't try to convince others than the rates are other than what they are.
As they say, lies, damn lies and statistics:(
Apparently math isn't your strong suit...Seriously.

For example, if one pays a 2% tax rate and another pays a 1% tax rate, you have two "items":

One person pays ONLY a 1% higher tax rate (2-1) AND one pays a rate double of what the other pays (2/1).

"The top 10 percent pays 30%, the middle class pays 24%(if we're to take those numbers on faith) That means exactly what it suggests - the richest taxpayers only pay 6% more of their earnings than the middle class does on theirs (on average) The comparison between the $$ amounts paid is a completely separate matter."

A 30% tax burden is 25% higher than a 24% tax burden. Divide 30 by 1.25, what do you get? 24.

30 is 25% higher than 24. A 30% tax rate is 25% higher than a 24% tax rate.

"Argue all you want that the richest shouldn't pay a higher rate"

I don't.

Location hidden

#33460 Dec 20, 2013
BTW, even though math isn't your strong suit, thanks for posting under a registered name, if you continue to post that way, people will know who their "speaking" with, unlike those that constantly change their names...

Fortson, GA

#33461 Dec 20, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
More breaking news! Beounce has dropped a new album!!!!! Stop the world! It has been reported on the NATIONAL News! Now THAT'S important. Can you imagine? She KEPT IT A SECRET! Holy spit, Batman! What a woman! Let's all run out an buy it! NOW! I've not heard anything as important since Obama was elected. Whew! Beounce + Obama HAVE saved the country afterall. Wow! THAT was a close one.
See? As I see the world in a comedic light, you have now given me a new joke. A Columbus police officer pulls over a man for having a tag light out. He asks the man if he would consent to a search of his vehicle, which the man say "sure". The officer pulls out a CD case full of marijuana, and asks the man "What is this?" The man replies "that is my Beyonce CD, and inside it Beounce". Told ya I wasn't right in the head. lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brunswick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Best Fishing Spots Sun Coffee 1
Jekyll Island Music Thread (Nov '14) Jun 13 Musikologist 2
considering moving to the Brunswick area May '15 Raisingbrunswick 11
School Board Hires....??? May '15 Inquiring Minds 1
My family wants to relocate to a section 8 rent... (Jan '11) May '15 Just Saying 11
Blue Bar/Boondocks (Jan '12) May '15 Danny Noonan 19
News Remembering slain Rolonda Roberts (Sep '07) May '15 ashley roberts 60
More from around the web

Brunswick People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Brunswick Mortgages