Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
ChicknButt

Norcross, GA

#33390 Dec 19, 2013
General Robert E Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
I meant what I said, you are a confused individual. You "draw" inaccurate conclusions. It's as simple as that.
There is this little thing called "logic" that seems to work for everyone except RWW's. They just don't seem to understand it.

My conclusions are perfectly logical based on what you've presented, assuming you don't just call logic the "work of witches" or something ignorant like that.

That's why you end up with people like Republican Paul Broun on the House Committee for Science, Space and Technology when they are actually as anti-science as a person can get. In RWW-World that is somehow good for the United States - but logical people know better.

“Liberals are closet raaacists!”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#33391 Dec 19, 2013
ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
There is this little thing called "logic" that seems to work for everyone except RWW's. They just don't seem to understand it.
My conclusions are perfectly logical based on what you've presented, assuming you don't just call logic the "work of witches" or something ignorant like that.
That's why you end up with people like Republican Paul Broun on the House Committee for Science, Space and Technology when they are actually as anti-science as a person can get. In RWW-World that is somehow good for the United States - but logical people know better.
Logic? Like Hank Johnson and Guam?***LAUGHING OUT LOUD**** Yeah, the left wing lunatics use logic. Now throw that RIDICULOUS excuse out that you always do and make us all laugh some more. pfffffft
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#33392 Dec 19, 2013
Our freedomz are slipping away...

Say Goodbye To Inefficient 40- And 60-Watt Incandescent Light Bulbs Starting Next Year
BY ARI PHILLIPS ON DECEMBER 19, 2013 AT 9:12 AM
http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2013/12/19/3... #

Starting on January 1, 40- and 60-watt incandescent light bulbs will no longer be allowed to be imported into or manufactured in the U.S. These bulbs, which are highly inefficient and waste about 90 percent of their energy giving off heat rather than light, make up over half of all light bulbs purchased in the country.

Over the past two years, 75-watt and 100-watt incandescent bulbs have been phased out as part of the Energy Independence and Security Act enacted in 2007 under the Bush Administration.
According to Noah Horowitz, Senior Scientist and Director of the Center for Energy Efficiency for the Natural Resource Defense Council, once the transition away from inefficient incandescent bulbs is complete Americans will save $13 billion on their annual energy bills.

...These changes reach far beyond household energy consumption. Lighting consumes 19 percent of the electricity used in the U.S. According to the Natural Resources Defense Council, if all of the four billion light bulb sockets in the U.S. contained compact fluorescent or LED lights 30 coal plants’ worth of power could be saved. In this case,“mercury emissions from power plants would drop 60 percent and 100 million tons of carbon would be prevented from entering the atmosphere each year,” writes Sustainable Business.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#33393 Dec 19, 2013
Uhmmm, those kids whose parents can afford to pay for their lunch, aren't they getting a free lunch too.

Rep. Jack Kingston Proposes That Poor Students Sweep Floors In Exchange For Lunch
Posted: 12/18/2013
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/18/jack...

"But one of the things I’ve talked to the secretary of agriculture about: Why don’t you have the kids pay a dime, pay a nickel to instill in them that there is, in fact, no such thing as a free lunch? Or maybe sweep the floor of the cafeteria -- and yes, I understand that that would be an administrative problem, and I understand that it would probably lose you money. But think what we would gain as a society in getting people -- getting the myth out of their head that there is such a thing as a free lunch," he said.
ChicknButt

Norcross, GA

#33394 Dec 19, 2013
Oh my wrote:
Say Goodbye To Inefficient 40- And 60-Watt Incandescent Light Bulbs Starting Next Year

...These changes reach far beyond household energy consumption. Lighting consumes 19 percent of the electricity used in the U.S. According to the Natural Resources Defense Council, if all of the four billion light bulb sockets in the U.S. contained compact fluorescent or LED lights 30 coal plants’ worth of power could be saved. In this case,“
Note - using LET bulbs could shut down coal plants.

Note - In 2011 the newly Tea Party-laden Congress voted to defund the money the Department of Energy needed to enforce the lightbulb standards for one year, but the industry had already moved on and it ended up just being an unnecessary bump in the road.

“The American people want less government intrusion into their lives, not more, and that includes staying out of their personal light bulb choices,” Republican House Representative Michele Bachmann said at the time.

Note - The Koch Brothers are major coal producers.

Note - The Koch Brothers are major funders for the Tea Party, and major funders of right-wing propaganda.

Conclusion - You put the pieces together and figure it out.
there

Tempe, AZ

#33395 Dec 19, 2013
DapperDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, world traveler!
<quoted text>
Will you be heading off to Chandler for a vacation break anytime soon? If you've got 1/8 of a tank of gas you should be good for the whole round trip.
I need to wipe the tears of envy from eyes.
ROTFLMAO!!!

hey there dapperDumb, still stuck in dumbsville huh......roflll......

“Registered Conservative”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#33396 Dec 19, 2013
ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
Your conclusions "might" be logical, if they were relevant to the question or topic at hand. You instead choose to launch an attack, avoid answering the question posed to you, then twist words around to change the subject, then make baseless assumptions about the poster. That process is in itself illogical, negating the "might".

Location hidden

#33397 Dec 19, 2013
Oh my wrote:
BY ARI PHILLIPS ON DECEMBER 19, 2013 AT 9:12 AM
http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2013/12/19/3... #
Starting on January 1, 40- and 60-watt incandescent light bulbs will no longer be allowed to be imported into or manufactured in the U.S. These bulbs, which are highly inefficient and waste about 90 percent of their energy giving off heat rather than light, make up over half of all light bulbs purchased in the country.
Over the past two years, 75-watt and 100-watt incandescent bulbs have been phased out as part of the Energy Independence and Security Act enacted in 2007 under the Bush Administration.
According to Noah Horowitz, Senior Scientist and Director of the Center for Energy Efficiency for the Natural Resource Defense Council, once the transition away from inefficient incandescent bulbs is complete Americans will save $13 billion on their annual energy bills.
...These changes reach far beyond household energy consumption. Lighting consumes 19 percent of the electricity used in the U.S. According to the Natural Resources Defense Council, if all of the four billion light bulb sockets in the U.S. contained compact fluorescent or LED lights 30 coal plants’ worth of power could be saved. In this case,“mercury emissions from power plants would drop 60 percent and 100 million tons of carbon would be prevented from entering the atmosphere each year,” writes Sustainable Business.
When will the cost of the new bulbs drop enough to not be an unfair burden on the poor?

Location hidden

#33398 Dec 19, 2013
Oh my wrote:
Uhmmm, those kids whose parents can afford to pay for their lunch, aren't they getting a free lunch too.
Rep. Jack Kingston Proposes That Poor Students Sweep Floors In Exchange For Lunch
Posted: 12/18/2013
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/18/jack...
"But one of the things I’ve talked to the secretary of agriculture about: Why don’t you have the kids pay a dime, pay a nickel to instill in them that there is, in fact, no such thing as a free lunch? Or maybe sweep the floor of the cafeteria -- and yes, I understand that that would be an administrative problem, and I understand that it would probably lose you money. But think what we would gain as a society in getting people -- getting the myth out of their head that there is such a thing as a free lunch," he said.
Paul Broun 2014.
ChicknButt

Norcross, GA

#33399 Dec 19, 2013
<quoted text>
Your conclusions "might" be logical, if they were relevant to the question or topic at hand. You instead choose to launch an attack, avoid answering the question posed to you, then twist words around to change the subject, then make baseless assumptions about the poster. That process is in itself illogical, negating the "might".
Now you're just smoking crack. That's the only explanation for your obviously insane rendition of events.
there

Tempe, AZ

#33400 Dec 19, 2013
TheAllPowerful wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you are usually fond of posting links, I found one just for you. Don't get excited though, as it has noting to do with homosexuality.
http://libroid.com/en/the-idea/

you sir, or madam..........are the only one who has done a search on the meaning of libroid, which is a changing..........bravo......y ou are beginning to learn the meaning and power of words..........

I have twisted this, "Libroids can do everything a book can do - and more." into this, "far left liberals live in a dream world of their own making" and are therefore to be pounded upon with every energy particle I can produce..........their way is the way of destruction to human freedoms, completely and finally..........

there

Tempe, AZ

#33401 Dec 19, 2013
Laughing at U wrote:
<quoted text>
Well thanks Syn for adding some intelligent discussion on the subject. And no, it's doubtful he wrote out a check to the U.S. Treasury. There's probably not a lot noble about Buffett - except perhaps he does realize there might be a problem if he pays an effective tax rate lower than his secretary.
So we're back to the difference between making money from working and making money from capital gains. It seems there is a big difference as they are taxed at different rates. The question is why. I don't know the answer to that question and I'm not saying it's good or bad. It's just something to reflect on and think about. What's the rational for taxing earnings from work at a different rate than capital gains?

The issue of salaried income and capital income has been addressed in past posts, including the reasons.....
you need to keep up to speed fella.....
Laughing at U

Blairsville, GA

#33402 Dec 19, 2013
there wrote:
<quoted text>
The issue of salaried income and capital income has been addressed in past posts, including the reasons.....
you need to keep up to speed fella.....
Gee, my apologies little man. I just don't have the time to stay on Topix and talk to myself like you each and every hour of the day. Come to think of it, all the comments posted here have pretty much been covered. But keep on with your 3rd grade comments, they're so comical.

Location hidden

#33403 Dec 19, 2013
ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you're just smoking crack. That's the only explanation for your obviously insane rendition of events.
Negative to the assumption of your first statement. As far as your second statement, from the presentation, comes the response.
Question

Dallas, GA

#33404 Dec 19, 2013
<quoted text>
Paul Broun 2014.
What's with you and Paul Broun?

Location hidden

#33405 Dec 19, 2013
According to the latest data, released Wednesday by the Tax Foundation, the top 50 percent of taxpayers pay 97 percent of all income taxes. That's right, just half the country pays just about all the taxes, to the tune of just over $1 trillion dollars.

It gets worse as you go up the income ladder. The top 5 percent pay 57 percent of all taxes, while the top 1 percent pay 35 percent.

According to the latest data from the IRS, crunched by the Tax Foundation, incomes for all groups -- except for the richest – rose.

http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/advisor/lets-t...

Location hidden

#33406 Dec 19, 2013
Question wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing. Just want to get people thinking.
there

Tempe, AZ

#33407 Dec 19, 2013
Question wrote:
<quoted text>

He said he didn't support him, but he promotes him very well.....in fact, many times....

there

Tempe, AZ

#33408 Dec 19, 2013
<quoted text>
Nothing. Just want to get people thinking.

You wouldn't be doing a little backsliding would you?

there

Tempe, AZ

#33409 Dec 19, 2013
According to the latest data, released Wednesday by the Tax Foundation, the top 50 percent of taxpayers pay 97 percent of all income taxes. That's right, just half the country pays just about all the taxes, to the tune of just over $1 trillion dollars.
It gets worse as you go up the income ladder. The top 5 percent pay 57 percent of all taxes, while the top 1 percent pay 35 percent.
According to the latest data from the IRS, crunched by the Tax Foundation, incomes for all groups -- except for the richest – rose.
http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/advisor/lets-t...

I hope you know the echo chamber is too busy to look up any data that goes against his personal libroid opinions..........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brunswick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Speed Trap along the I-95 corridor in Mcintosh ... (Nov '15) Aug 11 elder abuse 50
Job Corps info. (Aug '11) Aug 10 Jenforbus 6
Looking Aug 10 Truth 10
are great white sharks in altamahal river ? Aug 2 FLNDN 6
Watch Out Woodbine Aug 2 BellSouth 1
What Y'all think of District Attorney Jackie Jo... (Nov '11) Jul '17 Martin gillis 103
Part 12 Guy Heinze Jr. (May '10) Jul '17 Jeb 1,232

Brunswick Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Brunswick Mortgages