Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#32615 Dec 4, 2013
the truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You really think that a billionaire pays the same amount as you at McDonalds AS A PERCENTAGE OF INCOME AFTER DEDUCTIONS, you are just as stupid as you are an arrogant ass. Its not about apples and oranges, its about the percentage of a persons income they keep after taxes, and its much heavier on the middle class than the 1%.
1% of this nations population has taken control of 75% of this nations wealth!! While they pay approx. 22.3% of income tax paid, the upper middle class pays approx. 20% of the tax burden and the hated poor pay 3/10 of 1 %. Anyone with even a hit of common sense attached to a working brain can see that the rich 1% are getting a hell of a deal, the middle class is carrying the largest burden when you consider what they ALL pay as a PERCENTAGE of the INCOME after all the bought and paid for deductions thanks to their friends in Congress that just don't apply to the middle class. The poor have nothing so they pay nothing, like you.

Thought you might want a little help with your facts.

How much households at different income levels will pay in federal income, payroll, corporate and estate taxes for 2013.

Bottom 20 percent
Average tax bill:-$284.
Average tax rate:-2.7 percent.
Share of federal tax burden:-0.4 percent.

Middle 20 percent
Average tax bill:$6,436.
Average tax rate: 13.8 percent.
Share of federal tax burden: 8.6 percent.

Top 20 percent
Average tax bill:$55,533.
Average tax rate: 27.2 percent.
Share of federal tax burden: 71.8 percent.

Top 1 percent
Average tax bill:$514,144.
Average tax rate: 35.5 percent.
Share of federal tax burden: 30.2 percent.
___
Note: The average family in the bottom 20 percent of households pays no federal taxes. Instead, many families in this group get payments from the federal government by claiming more in credits than they owe in taxes, giving them a negative tax rate.
Source: Tax Policy Center

Since: Sep 13

Columbus, GA

#32616 Dec 4, 2013
General Robert E Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
The wisdom granted by God to have the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference.
The rest of your post deserves no response.
So, you are going to hit me with an AA reference as far as the serenity prayer? And the rest of my post doesn't make sense to you becuase you argue the same points against the other morons that argue for the other side. Tell me, genius, how is that argument coming along after about 100 years?

Location hidden

#32617 Dec 4, 2013
Skippy Peanut Butter wrote:
<quoted text>
True, but it doesn't address the capital gains rate which does not increase as income rises. While not absolute, most of the wealthiest Americans earn their money from capital gains. Perhaps there needs to be an overhaul in the way capital gains are taxed. Of course, one could argue that has already been taxed once, etc., etc.
And just one more person who doesn't seem to understand the whole point behind having a lower capital gains tax rate. But at least you do understand that the money risked has already been taxed.

Since: Sep 13

Columbus, GA

#32618 Dec 4, 2013
WOW! You all make such valid points! I am aghast at the sheer newness of your arguments against each other. It is utterly amazing how you bring the same tired arguments to the table day in and day out. Mommy and Daddy taught you well, didn't they? Taught you how to believe in a narrow minded, foolish way of keeping a country divided. I feel so sorry for you all. That's a fact. I really do. Your whole lives revolve around posting the same jargon on the internet, day in and day out. You wake up, have coffee (or whatever you do), sit on the computer all day arguing politics, and trying to best each other by what you think is right, and then sleep, only to wake up the next morning and continue on with the same rhetoric. I'm so glad I get Wednesdays off to see this. It's this kind of comedy that keeps the other countries laughing at ours. Carry on, puppets. Carry on.

Location hidden

#32619 Dec 4, 2013
Funny Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
TRANSLATION: "I can't really debate the fact that corporate greed is killing the middle class so I'll just say the poster is stupid."
TRANSLATION: "I can't see the errors in 'the truth''s diatribe and I've bought the anti-capitalism hype."

Location hidden

#32620 Dec 4, 2013
DapperDave wrote:
<quoted text>
...like your solution for dragging a black person behind your truck without damaging it.
That kind of "intelligent" solution?
Bravo, the "race card" - how....predictable.

“Registered Conservative”

Since: Jul 11

Draketown, GA

#32621 Dec 4, 2013
ster402005 wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you are going to hit me with an AA reference as far as the serenity prayer?

Did no such thing.

And the rest of my post doesn't make sense to you becuase you argue the same points against the other morons that argue for the other side.

That's called a debate.

Tell me, genius, how is that argument coming along after about 100 years?
My point of view (argument in your words) has served me and my family quite well over the years, though not even close to 100.

Are you always this grouchy?

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#32622 Dec 4, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
And just one more person who doesn't seem to understand the whole point behind having a lower capital gains tax rate. But at least you do understand that the money risked has already been taxed.
I wonder if it's the wealth envy thing, somebody else is able to use something (capital gains), why can't I?

Probably about the only thing about taxes that poster understands, although he/she may be repeating something they have seen or heard...

Jus' Sayin'

Location hidden

#32623 Dec 4, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry pal, but it's not a matter of what I think...
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-11-13/how-...
...This issue has become more known as we learn just how far some companies have gone in putting their employees on public assistance. According to one study, American fast food workers receive more than $7 billion dollars in public assistance. As it turns out, McDonald's has a “McResource” line that helps employees and their families enroll in various state and local assistance programs. It exploded into the public when a recording of the McResource line advocated that full-time employees sign up for food stamps and welfare.
Wal-Mart, the nation’s largest private sector employer, is also the biggest consumer of taxpayer supported aid. According to Florida Congressman Alan Grayson, in many states, Wal-Mart employees are the largest group of Medicaid recipients. They are also the single biggest group of food stamp recipients. Wal-mart’s "associates" are paid so little, according to Grayson, that they receive $1,000 on average in public assistance. These amount to massive taxpayer subsidies for private companies....
http://www.demos.org/sites/default/files/publ...
The recording from the McResource line is probably that of Nancy Salgado. The conversation was heavily edited. The woman is 26 and has been working at McD's for 10 years and is still earning minimum wage. Assuming this information (as reported on many sites) is accurate and is not a lie, the question is not what McD's is doing. The question is how a woman can work at minimum wage for 10 years and not advance. That is a legitimate question.

In regard to Wal-Mart, the explanation is part of your own cut and paste - WM, "the biggest consumer of taxpayer supported aid" is also the "nation's largest private sector employer". However, apples shouldn't be compared to oranges. Wal-Mart needs to be compared to other retailers. Their turnover rate is approximately 44%, almost the industry average. When you have that much turn over, most of those new hires will start at minimum wage and then either move up the pay scale or move on to another job. And Grayson's claim is supported by two studies that are over 8 years old. I am not denying Wal Mart may have employees on public assistance, but Wal Mart's goal is low prices for consumers - 100,000,000 shop at a Wal Mart every week and 42% of those consumers make less than 40,000 a year.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#32624 Dec 4, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
The recording from the McResource line is probably that of Nancy Salgado. The conversation was heavily edited. The woman is 26 and has been working at McD's for 10 years and is still earning minimum wage. Assuming this information (as reported on many sites) is accurate and is not a lie, the question is not what McD's is doing. The question is how a woman can work at minimum wage for 10 years and not advance. That is a legitimate question.
In regard to Wal-Mart, the explanation is part of your own cut and paste - WM, "the biggest consumer of taxpayer supported aid" is also the "nation's largest private sector employer". However, apples shouldn't be compared to oranges. Wal-Mart needs to be compared to other retailers. Their turnover rate is approximately 44%, almost the industry average. When you have that much turn over, most of those new hires will start at minimum wage and then either move up the pay scale or move on to another job. And Grayson's claim is supported by two studies that are over 8 years old. I am not denying Wal Mart may have employees on public assistance, but Wal Mart's goal is low prices for consumers - 100,000,000 shop at a Wal Mart every week and 42% of those consumers make less than 40,000 a year.
+1

Similar to raising the minimum wage for Skippy and friends at BK and other burger places to $15, the clueless and uneducated don't comprehend that would have far reaching impacts like (just to name a couple):

1. Meaning the cost of your breakfast, lunch and dinner (if you visit these places) increases. Many won't like that or might not be able to afford to eat there. At WalMart, it means the prices for what they sell will have to increase.

2. Those jobs would appear to be more desirable (because of the higher wage), so someone making (say)$12 an hour will leave the current employment to try and get a job with Skippy at BK or Big Macs. All of the other employers paying at that rate (hgiher than minimum wage, but lower than $15 an hour) might be forced to increase their wages, meaning the prices at other places will increase, too. This will tick off many consumers.

Reminds me of a recent discussion about the pay of teachers, cops and firemen. Most people think those professions should be paid more. However, in order to pay those professions more, very likely your property taxes will have to increase. People don't like that...

In other words, people are all for it, until it impacts them. Then, they're against it. Too bad they don't see the big picture.

It also reminds me of a comment made by Herman Cain when someone asked him how they "were supposed to be able to raise a family on minimum wage". Herman's response: "Don't".
Skippy Peanut Butter

Blairsville, GA

#32625 Dec 4, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. I understand the concept, it's just rather flawed. Whether a person who has $1 million laying around gets 10% return, 5% return or even 2% return they're still going to invest it. No one with that kind of money will put it in a Mason jar and plant it in the yard for safe keeping. There's no need to reward investors with lower capital gains tax rates.
Skippy Peanut Butter

Blairsville, GA

#32626 Dec 4, 2013
Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder if it's the wealth envy thing, somebody else is able to use something (capital gains), why can't I?
Probably about the only thing about taxes that poster understands, although he/she may be repeating something they have seen or heard...
Jus' Sayin'
No wealth envy here. Just the truth. Your lines are old, tired and useless. Try to educate yourself a bit more so you can come up with more originality.
Skippy Peanut Butter

Blairsville, GA

#32627 Dec 4, 2013
Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>

It also reminds me of a comment made by Herman Cain when someone asked him how they "were supposed to be able to raise a family on minimum wage". Herman's response: "Don't".
One can only hope that your kind never, ever procreates.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#32628 Dec 4, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
Maybe the women is doing the best she can with what she has. Course the fact remains that enough of McDaonald's employees need assistance so that McDonald's felt the need to setup the helpline.

http://money.cnn.com/2013/10/15/news/economy/...
According to a University of California Berkeley Labor Center and University of Illinois study out Tuesday, 52% of families of fast food workers receive assistance from a public program like Medicaid, food stamps, the Earned Income Tax Credit and Temporary Assistance for Needy Families. That's compared to 25% of families in the workforce as a whole.

The report estimated that this public aid carries a $7 billion price tag for taxpayers each year.
The numbers are based on publicly available data on public assistance programs from 2007-2011.
"Because pay is low and weekly work hours are limited, the families of more than half of the workers in the fast-food industry are unable to make ends meet," the report said.

http://money.cnn.com/2013/10/23/news/companie...
...However, CNNMoney reviewed the full recording of the call.

...But she said that Salgado "definitely should be able to qualify for both food stamps and heating assistance."

...The operator also explained that the McResource line is available to help McDonald's workers who need help navigating the process of getting public assistance. The helpline's phone number is posted in fliers at many McDonald's locations.

...We find that if Walmart redirected the $7.6 billion it spends annually on repurchases of its own company stock, these funds could be used to give Walmart’s low-paid workers a raise of $5.83 an hour, more than enough to ensure that all Walmart workers are paid a wage equivalent to at least $25,000 a year for full-time work.5 Curtailing share buybacks would not harm the company’s retail competitiveness or raise prices for consumers. In fact, some retail analysts have argued that by providing a substantial investment in the company’s front-line workforce, higher pay could be expected to improve employee productivity and morale while reducing Walmart’s expenses related to employee turnover.6 With more money in their wallets, Walmart employees would likely spend a portion of the cash at Walmart itself, boosting the company’s sales. Sales might also increase as customers benefit from an improved shopping environment.7
just sayin

Warner Robins, GA

#32629 Dec 4, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe the women is doing the best she can with what she has. Course the fact remains that enough of McDaonald's employees need assistance so that McDonald's felt the need to setup the helpline.
According to a University of California Berkeley Labor Center and University of Illinois study out Tuesday, 52% of families of fast food workers receive assistance from a public program like Medicaid, food stamps, the Earned Income Tax Credit and Temporary Assistance for Needy Families. That's compared to 25% of families in the workforce as a whole.
The report estimated that this public aid carries a $7 billion price tag for taxpayers each year.
The numbers are based on publicly available data on public assistance programs from 2007-2011.
"Because pay is low and weekly work hours are limited, the families of more than half of the workers in the fast-food industry are unable to make ends meet," the report said.
...But she said that Salgado "definitely should be able to qualify for both food stamps and heating assistance."
...The operator also explained that the McResource line is available to help McDonald's workers who need help navigating the process of getting public assistance. The helpline's phone number is posted in fliers at many McDonald's locations.
...We find that if Walmart redirected the $7.6 billion it spends annually on repurchases of its own company stock, these funds could be used to give Walmart’s low-paid workers a raise of $5.83 an hour, more than enough to ensure that all Walmart workers are paid a wage equivalent to at least $25,000 a year for full-time work.5 Curtailing share buybacks would not harm the company’s retail competitiveness or raise prices for consumers. In fact, some retail analysts have argued that by providing a substantial investment in the company’s front-line workforce, higher pay could be expected to improve employee productivity and morale while reducing Walmart’s expenses related to employee turnover.6 With more money in their wallets, Walmart employees would likely spend a portion of the cash at Walmart itself, boosting the company’s sales. Sales might also increase as customers benefit from an improved shopping environment.7
Really, quoting left wingers from a non-profit "think-tank" so called is like asking your mechanic for medical advice. Course what else should one expect from a "navigator"? You know those that are employed by places like Mountain Project who get government grants to supposedly help people when the real job is to indoctrinate and provide duplicitous arguments online and on air.

“Registered Conservative”

Since: Jul 11

Draketown, GA

#32630 Dec 4, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
Your solution is?
just sayin

Warner Robins, GA

#32631 Dec 4, 2013
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>"NAFA by Clinton"- you may want to check on that...Clinton may have been in office when it was signed but there were at least two former republican presidents that advocated for its' passage, FYI.
So was Clinton right? Clinton, while signing the NAFTA bill, stated that "NAFTA means jobs. American jobs, and good-paying American jobs. If I didn't believe that, I wouldn't support this agreement."
jeb stuart

Cordele, GA

#32632 Dec 4, 2013
Skippy Peanut Butter wrote:
<quoted text>
One can only hope that your kind never, ever procreates.
I don't know, maybe they could use them stem cells for animal research or something.
jeb stuart

Cordele, GA

#32633 Dec 4, 2013
just sayin wrote:
<quoted text>So was Clinton right? Clinton, while signing the NAFTA bill, stated that "NAFTA means jobs. American jobs, and good-paying American jobs. If I didn't believe that, I wouldn't support this agreement."
Personally, I don't think it was such a good idea. You look at companies like Hersey candies and they have all but shut down their American plants and moved to Mexico. But my point was that it had widespread bipartisan support- with former presidents, Ford, Bush(1), and Carter all lobbing congress for its' passage..
Skippy Peanut Butter

Blairsville, GA

#32634 Dec 4, 2013
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know, maybe they could use them stem cells for animal research or something.
Maybe for AIDS research. Bill's DNA would probably kill anything.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brunswick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Speed Trap along the I-95 corridor in Mcintosh ... (Nov '15) Sep 25 Tracey 12
Judge Jean Bolin (May '12) Sep 23 Ryalsrollin 13
What McIntosh/Darien does not want you to know (May '13) Sep 18 Wayne white 27
Looking for info on Felisha Ponsell (Dec '14) Sep 12 Helpfulcitizen 10
pillpoppers (Nov '10) Aug '16 sick 11
Local cop rides with 1%MC club (Sep '13) Aug '16 Anonymous 15
What Y'all think of District Attorney Jackie Jo... (Nov '11) Aug '16 Justice for Jerrod 102

Brunswick Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Brunswick Mortgages