Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
there

Canton, GA

#32595 Dec 4, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry pal, but it's not a matter of what I think...
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-11-13/how-...
...This issue has become more known as we learn just how far some companies have gone in putting their employees on public assistance. According to one study, American fast food workers receive more than $7 billion dollars in public assistance. As it turns out, McDonald's has a “McResource” line that helps employees and their families enroll in various state and local assistance programs. It exploded into the public when a recording of the McResource line advocated that full-time employees sign up for food stamps and welfare.
Wal-Mart, the nation’s largest private sector employer, is also the biggest consumer of taxpayer supported aid. According to Florida Congressman Alan Grayson, in many states, Wal-Mart employees are the largest group of Medicaid recipients. They are also the single biggest group of food stamp recipients. Wal-mart’s "associates" are paid so little, according to Grayson, that they receive $1,000 on average in public assistance. These amount to massive taxpayer subsidies for private companies....
http://www.demos.org/sites/default/files/publ...
...We find that if Walmart redirected the $7.6 billion it spends annually on repurchases of its own company stock, these funds could be used to give Walmart’s low-paid workers a raise of $5.83 an hour, more than enough to ensure that all Walmart workers are paid a wage equivalent to at least $25,000 a year for full-time work.5 Curtailing share buybacks would not harm the company’s retail competitiveness or raise prices for consumers. In fact, some retail analysts have argued that by providing a substantial investment in the company’s front-line workforce, higher pay could be expected to improve employee productivity and morale while reducing Walmart’s expenses related to employee turnover.6 With more money in their wallets, Walmart employees would likely spend a portion of the cash at Walmart itself, boosting the company’s sales. Sales might also increase as customers benefit from an improved shopping environment.7
In D&#275;mos’ prior study,“Retail’s Hidden Potential: How Raising Wages Would Benefit Workers, the Industry and the Overall Economy,” we found that increasing pay for low-wage workers at America’s largest retailers would also have benefits for the economy as a whole, reducing poverty, boosting economic growth, and creating over 100,000 jobs. While the impact of raising wages at a single company—even one as large and central as Walmart—would have a much smaller impact, similar benefits could be expected from a wage increase: the economy would gain from the addition of economy-supporting jobs, taxpayers would pay less to subsidize Walmart’s lowwage business model, and the company would no longer be the leading example of inequality in an economy being rapidly undermined by the shrinking middle class and lack of purchasing power...
Companies like Walmart that make enormous profits can use them to invest in the future of the business or to reward their investors. While using profits to invest in the retail workforce could lift up firms and the industry, Walmart directs a substantial share of its earnings toward share buybacks which benefit an increasingly narrow group of investors and do not provide the productivity benefits achieved by investing in workers. These buybacks occur when a company repurchases public shares of its own stock, which reduces the number of shares traded on the market so that the same level of earnings are distributed over fewer owners, making each remaining share worth more....

Another complete comprehension skill failure to answer the mans question of solving the problem........and winds up answering with yada, yada, yada.......

“Registered Conservative”

Since: Jul 11

Draketown, GA

#32596 Dec 4, 2013
the truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Idiotspeak is all you know. If nobody talks about the fact that American corporations are at fault with the decline of the middle class it just gets worse. Most Americans don't talk about this problem because they don't understand it. A lot of people today try to buy American when they can and that's a start. It needs to be talked about more, even more than the hated ObamaCare, its a MUCH bigger problem for the future of the middle class. But it won't get any ratings on conservative talk, so they don't talk about it.
You really think that a billionaire pays the same amount as you at McDonalds AS A PERCENTAGE OF INCOME AFTER DEDUCTIONS, you are just as stupid as you are an arrogant ass. Its not about apples and oranges, its about the percentage of a persons income they keep after taxes, and its much heavier on the middle class than the 1%.
Investing in a corporation that sends our jobs somewhere else in the long run is stupid, just look at our current condition caused by that very concept. Corporations are not evil, top executives that will do anything to get those amazingly huge bonus each year that the hand picked overpaid board of directors gives them are evil. The ones that put profits above employees and the people who made that corporation what it is today, should be locked up, that's just my opinion. But corporate theft is not illegal and neither is putting an American Corporation before its employees, but that doesn't make it right. And they ARE the reason our counties middle class has become the working poor. Doesn't happen in Asia counties, they are prospering while we decline totally because of corporate greed completely out of control and people like you who don't have the grey matter to understand.
1% of this nations population has taken control of 75% of this nations wealth!! While they pay approx. 22.3% of income tax paid, the upper middle class pays approx. 20% of the tax burden and the hated poor pay 3/10 of 1 %. Anyone with even a hit of common sense attached to a working brain can see that the rich 1% are getting a hell of a deal, the middle class is carrying the largest burden when you consider what they ALL pay as a PERCENTAGE of the INCOME after all the bought and paid for deductions thanks to their friends in Congress that just don't apply to the middle class. The poor have nothing so they pay nothing, like you.
So what are you saying; that we should all have the same spending power as a percentage of income?

As far as the rest of your post goes; Fairtax.org .

Draketown, GA

#32597 Dec 4, 2013
Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>
Einstein should give it up, so much in his/her response is inaccurate and incorrect, it's not worth the time to debate...
Agreed, nothing but complaints. I don't see where this poster has any intelligent solutions to offer. Now that would be worth debating.

“I Offer You Truth!”

Since: Jul 07

Tampa, FL

#32598 Dec 4, 2013
Funny Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
TRANSLATION: "I can't really debate the fact that corporate greed is killing the middle class so I'll just say the poster is stupid."
Silly Billy has a knack for offering little beyond than a simplistic denial of that which is at odds with his rather bizarre belief system.

"That's a lie!"
"I don't believe you!"
"You're dumb!"
"I can't accept that!"
"My uncle Clem told me something different!"
"That's not what the boys down at the corner bar said!"
"I didn't hear that on FOX News!"
"Rush Limbaugh didn't say that!"
"Michele Bachmann said something different!"
"If Ann Coulter didn't say it then it ain't true!"

Yeah, Silly Billy has a storehouse of brainless, vacuous banalities to fall back on when confronted with factual information or a differing opinion.

“I Offer You Truth!”

Tampa, FL

#32599 Dec 4, 2013
General Robert E Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed, nothing but complaints. I don't see where this poster has any intelligent solutions to offer. Now that would be worth debating.
...like your solution for dragging a black person behind your truck without damaging it.

That kind of "intelligent" solution?

“I Offer You Truth!”

Tampa, FL

#32600 Dec 4, 2013
Should read: "Silly Billy has a knack for offering little beyond a simplistic denial..."

Draketown, GA

#32601 Dec 4, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry pal, but it's not a matter of what I think...
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-11-13/how-...
...This issue has become more known as we learn just how far some companies have gone in putting their employees on public assistance. According to one study, American fast food workers receive more than $7 billion dollars in public assistance. As it turns out, McDonald's has a “McResource” line that helps employees and their families enroll in various state and local assistance programs. It exploded into the public when a recording of the McResource line advocated that full-time employees sign up for food stamps and welfare.
Wal-Mart, the nation’s largest private sector employer, is also the biggest consumer of taxpayer supported aid. According to Florida Congressman Alan Grayson, in many states, Wal-Mart employees are the largest group of Medicaid recipients. They are also the single biggest group of food stamp recipients. Wal-mart’s "associates" are paid so little, according to Grayson, that they receive $1,000 on average in public assistance. These amount to massive taxpayer subsidies for private companies....
http://www.demos.org/sites/default/files/publ...
...We find that if Walmart redirected the $7.6 billion it spends annually on repurchases of its own company stock, these funds could be used to give Walmart’s low-paid workers a raise of $5.83 an hour, more than enough to ensure that all Walmart workers are paid a wage equivalent to at least $25,000 a year for full-time work.5 Curtailing share buybacks would not harm the company’s retail competitiveness or raise prices for consumers. In fact, some retail analysts have argued that by providing a substantial investment in the company’s front-line workforce, higher pay could be expected to improve employee productivity and morale while reducing Walmart’s expenses related to employee turnover.6 With more money in their wallets, Walmart employees would likely spend a portion of the cash at Walmart itself, boosting the company’s sales. Sales might also increase as customers benefit from an improved shopping environment.7
In D&#275;mos’ prior study,“Retail’s Hidden Potential: How Raising Wages Would Benefit Workers, the Industry and the Overall Economy,” we found that increasing pay for low-wage workers at America’s largest retailers would also have benefits for the economy as a whole, reducing poverty, boosting economic growth, and creating over 100,000 jobs. While the impact of raising wages at a single company—even one as large and central as Walmart—would have a much smaller impact,
Companies like Walmart that make enormous profits can use them to invest in the future of the business or to reward their investors. While using profits to invest in the retail workforce could lift up firms and the industry, Walmart directs a substantial share of its earnings toward share buybacks which benefit an increasingly narrow group of investors and do not provide the productivity benefits achieved by investing in workers. These buybacks occur when a company repurchases public shares of its own stock, which reduces the number of shares traded on the market so that the same level of earnings are distributed over fewer owners, making each remaining share worth more....
Once again you have proven yourself unable to answer a direct question.

What solution(s) do you have to offer that would solve this "low wage problem".

Why should any employer, or medicaid, have to provide health insurance coverage to those whose personal choices increase risk?

ps some of your diatribe had to be deleted to allow for a response.

Draketown, GA

#32602 Dec 4, 2013
DapperDave wrote:
<quoted text>
...like your solution for dragging a black person behind your truck without damaging it.
That kind of "intelligent" solution?
Never said that was a solution to anything.

What resembling any level of intelligence do you have to offer here?

Since: Sep 13

Columbus, GA

#32603 Dec 4, 2013
<quoted text>
Intelligence? In an internet forum? Surely you jest, sir. This whole 31k plus column is full of insanity. You didn't know that?
there

Canton, GA

#32604 Dec 4, 2013
ster402005 wrote:
<quoted text>
Intelligence? In an internet forum? Surely you jest, sir. This whole 31k plus column is full of insanity. You didn't know that?

the insanity level was raised 10 fold when you entered the door.....

Time for a walk, aint it..........

there

Canton, GA

#32605 Dec 4, 2013
September;;;;;;;;;;;;

"In September, Reid told reporters, "Let's stop these really juvenile political games -- the one dealing with health care for senators and House members and our staff. We are going to be part of exchanges, that's what the law says and we'll be part of that."

Today;;;;;;;;;;;

"Washington (CNN)-- Democratic Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, one of Obamacare's architects and staunchest supporters, is also the only top congressional leader to exempt some of his staff from having to buy insurance through the law's new exchanges.

Reid is the exception among the other top congressional leaders. GOP House Speaker John Boehner, House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi and Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell have all directed their staffs to join the exchange, their aides said."

http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/04/politics/reid-o...

there

Canton, GA

#32606 Dec 4, 2013

Obama and libroid remaking of same insurance we have before, at more cost than before......

"He added that if the health insurance offered through Obamacare is too exorbitant for the young age group, the rest of the population will get hit with the burden. He said, "If the age group doesn't sign up at all then the so-called exchanges are filled with very high-costs patients and the government will have to subsidize them extensively. We'll end up with a government run program for very sick people, something we've already had."

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/...

there

Canton, GA

#32607 Dec 4, 2013
How Obama stepped on the young and their reaction..........

A stunning new poll of young adults aged 18 to 29 shows that in large numbers, they have turned against President Obama and ObamaCare.

from obamas alum school......

http://iop.harvard.edu/blog/iop-releases-new-...

there

Canton, GA

#32608 Dec 4, 2013
<quoted text>
Once again you have proven yourself unable to answer a direct question.
What solution(s) do you have to offer that would solve this "low wage problem".
Why should any employer, or medicaid, have to provide health insurance coverage to those whose personal choices increase risk?
ps some of your diatribe had to be deleted to allow for a response.

Surely you dont expect an answer from someone who has no opinions or solutions do ya,,,,,,nor a clue about reasons companies buy their own stock..........

Columbus, GA

#32609 Dec 4, 2013
there wrote:
<quoted text>
the insanity level was raised 10 fold when you entered the door.....
Time for a walk, aint it..........
That's it? That's the ammo you have? The world is definitely a wonder with you in it to throw nuggets of the bottom 3 attempts at trashing someone I have ever read. I sincerely feel sorry for you, and may God have mercy on your soul. Better luck next time.

Columbus, GA

#32610 Dec 4, 2013
there wrote:
How Obama stepped on the young and their reaction..........
A stunning new poll of young adults aged 18 to 29 shows that in large numbers, they have turned against President Obama and ObamaCare.
from obamas alum school......
http://iop.harvard.edu/blog/iop-releases-new-...
A stunning new poll of every politician revealed they lie their butts off to get elected. Hmm. Stunning new poll indeed.

Columbus, GA

#32611 Dec 4, 2013
<quoted text>
What golden bucket of wisdom do you have? A name that reflects hatred toward black folks, a pure tendency toward copying and pasting other comments from people on different sites, and a vast knowledge of putting people down. Yeah. you are just the epitome of role models aren't you?

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#32612 Dec 4, 2013
there wrote:
<quoted text>
Look for the inserts dummy echo chamber…….
We talk about your work, how you are such a jerk
We talk about your Trailer and your head when it hurts
We talk about the troubles you've been having with your brother
About your daddy and your mother and your crazy ex lover
We talk about your friends and the places that you've been
We talk about your scaly skin and the pimples on your chin
The polish on your nose and the ruin of your toes
And God knows we're gonna talk about your raggy clothes
You know talking about you makes me smile and grin
But every once in a while
I wanna talk about others
Along with your sorry Brothers
Wanna talk about number one
Oh my, me, mine
What I think, what I like, what I know, what I want, what I see
I hate talking about you, you, you, you, usually but occasionally
I wanna talk about me
We talk about your wet dreams and we talk about your crooked schemes
Your sorry high school team and your moisturizer creams
We talk about your roots up in Indiana
We talk about your hoots of your grandma down in Alabama
We talk about your gay guys of every shape and size
The one's that you despise and the one's you idolize
We talk about your heart, about your brains and your dumbs
And your medical charts and when you fart
You know talking about you makes me grin
But every now and then
I wanna talk about others
Including your sorry Brothers
Wanna talk about number one
Oh my, me, mine
What I think, what I like, what I know, what I want, what I see
I like laughing at you, you, you, you, usually, but occasionally
I wanna talk about me
Do I spot a Toby Keith fan, by any chance?

Draketown, GA

#32613 Dec 4, 2013
ster402005 wrote:
<quoted text>
What golden bucket of wisdom do you have? A name that reflects hatred toward black folks, a pure tendency toward copying and pasting other comments from people on different sites, and a vast knowledge of putting people down. Yeah. you are just the epitome of role models aren't you?
The wisdom granted by God to have the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference.

The rest of your post deserves no response.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#32614 Dec 4, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
Then the shareholders shouldn't have any complaints about financing the welfare state. While the Board of Directors is fulfilling their fiduciary responsibility of rewarding the risk of investing in their company, if the wages they pay create a class of dependents on assistance, well, hey, that's not their problem. The Directors have done their job, the investors have done their job, and the employees have done their three jobs, if they can find them.
I wonder if those investors realize that the dividends they put in one pocket, are flowing back out of another to finance welfare assistance. Looks like the only ones coming out ahead are the few at the top.
Oooops, does that sound like wealth envy...
Wealth envy, no - absolute stupidity, yes. Please list the employers whose wages "create a class of dependents".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brunswick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
nasty woman. you've been warned. Feb 18 Farrell Landon 2
What McIntosh/Darien does not want you to know (May '13) Feb 16 Well now 32
Part 12 Guy Heinze Jr. (May '10) Feb 15 Blue 1,221
i-95 accident (Mar '09) Feb 10 GodsPrincess2939 6
immigration issues Jan 30 Heywood 1
Brunswick for a family (Feb '16) Jan '17 Anonymous 3
Speed Trap along the I-95 corridor in Mcintosh ... (Nov '15) Jan '17 Anonymous 29

Brunswick Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Brunswick Mortgages