Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
there

Canton, GA

#32574 Dec 4, 2013
ster402005 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, I misinterpret nothing. You all, however, have no clue. Do me a favor and throw up the little hateful cartoon icons again. It's rather becoming of the narrow minded.

your the only one who seems to be impressed with the cartoons, good or bad, a complex of some kind??

Since: Sep 13

Columbus, GA

#32575 Dec 4, 2013
there wrote:
<quoted text>
translation:::
I'm a dumb azz who doesn't know up from down, left from right, mouth shut from mouth open, and I'll just call names because I can't give a decent rebuttal.....
My name is jeb, and Custer killed me while drunk in the yellow tavern........
It's comments like that, which reaffirm my believe that the voters must be on drugs while at the polls.
there

Canton, GA

#32576 Dec 4, 2013

Chris Matthews and his LEG THRILLS to interview Obama...

"On Thursday, MSNBC host Chris Matthews, who infamously claimed that President Obama gave him a “thrill” up his leg, will be interviewing Obama at American University in Washington, D.C. Obama will also answer questions from the student audience, as well as some questions submitted online."

“Softball” with Chris Matthews..........

the man never throws a hardball.......he just another leftist lobber.......

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2013/...

there

Canton, GA

#32577 Dec 4, 2013
ster402005 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's comments like that, which reaffirm my believe that the voters must be on drugs while at the polls.

aint it time for your daily walkathon??

there

Canton, GA

#32578 Dec 4, 2013

"Welcome to statism--the ants of capitalism herded into a bureaucratic hell to serve the masters of a grander design."

otherwise known as obamacare from hell.........

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/...

there

Canton, GA

#32579 Dec 4, 2013

Rinos at work..........

"Boehner Hires Adviser Who Helped McCain Push Amnesty."

Here

Downey, CA

#32581 Dec 4, 2013
there wrote:
Rinos at work..........
"Boehner Hires Adviser Who Helped McCain Push Amnesty."
My my, aren't we the self absorbed me, me, me poster.
silver foxx

Ocilla, GA

#32582 Dec 4, 2013
there wrote:
"On Thursday, MSNBC host Chris Matthews, who infamously claimed that President Obama gave him a “thrill” up his leg, will be interviewing Obama at American University in Washington, D.C. Obama will also answer questions from the student audience, as well as some questions submitted online."
Sad part, an Obama interview won't save the network.
Softball is right, the ratings are at an all time low for that very reason. "Thrill up my leg." Really?..... Just a bit weird & creepy.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#32583 Dec 4, 2013
Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
...Oh, the poster probably means those evil corporations, looking out for the shareholders? Wonder if the poster understands what fiduciary responsibility of the Board and executives of the company means.
Then the shareholders shouldn't have any complaints about financing the welfare state. While the Board of Directors is fulfilling their fiduciary responsibility of rewarding the risk of investing in their company, if the wages they pay create a class of dependents on assistance, well, hey, that's not their problem. The Directors have done their job, the investors have done their job, and the employees have done their three jobs, if they can find them.

I wonder if those investors realize that the dividends they put in one pocket, are flowing back out of another to finance welfare assistance. Looks like the only ones coming out ahead are the few at the top.

Oooops, does that sound like wealth envy...
Scott

Braselton, GA

#32584 Dec 4, 2013
there wrote:
Said Matthews, "I just cannot begin to say how thrilled my leg is to have this opportunity to interview the most brilliant man ever to inhabit the White House." He added, "I just hope I can conduct this interview with President Obama without slobbering too much, even though, he has all the questions in advance."

“Registered Conservative”

Since: Jul 11

Draketown, GA

#32585 Dec 4, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
Then the shareholders shouldn't have any complaints about financing the welfare state. While the Board of Directors is fulfilling their fiduciary responsibility of rewarding the risk of investing in their company, if the wages they pay create a class of dependents on assistance, well, hey, that's not their problem. The Directors have done their job, the investors have done their job, and the employees have done their three jobs, if they can find them.
I wonder if those investors realize that the dividends they put in one pocket, are flowing back out of another to finance welfare assistance. Looks like the only ones coming out ahead are the few at the top.
Oooops, does that sound like wealth envy...
So, if you believe that the low wages are creating a class of dependency, what do you propose that solves this issue?
the truth

Dawsonville, GA

#32586 Dec 4, 2013
Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>
And this poster continues to show their lack of knowledge, particularly about the tax system...
"...paying the same percentage after deductions is not what happens in todays world."
Oh, really? The tax tables and tax rates are the same for all tax payers. Wonder if this poster can explain the difference between income, adjusted gross income, taxable income and what the tax rates are based upon. Also, what are the tax rates on "regular" income and capital gains and why it's that way.
"As a percentage on income what some billionaires pay is less than your job at the drive thru window"
Another fine example of a poster not knowing what they're "talking" about.? Is the poster suggesting someone who has a lot of wealth should be paying more in income taxes, even if they didn't have much income (perhaps none) in that year? Aren't INCOME taxes based on what someone made THAT year, not what they HAVE? Looks like that evil wealth envy rearing it's ugly head again...
I wonder if the poster can explain why...Hint: long term capital gains rate vs. the the tax rate of a lower paid worker. It's been addressed before, but it's likely beyond the comprehension level of this poster.
"Corporations "making things" in other countries is why we have little manufacturing here, the profit motive has become God in America, and that's wrong!!"
BTW, people invest in evil corporations (mostly) to earn a return on an investment. It's called capitalism...
Give it up, Einstein, you don't know what you're talking about and haven't for some time.
Idiotspeak is all you know. If nobody talks about the fact that American corporations are at fault with the decline of the middle class it just gets worse. Most Americans don't talk about this problem because they don't understand it. A lot of people today try to buy American when they can and that's a start. It needs to be talked about more, even more than the hated ObamaCare, its a MUCH bigger problem for the future of the middle class. But it won't get any ratings on conservative talk, so they don't talk about it.

You really think that a billionaire pays the same amount as you at McDonalds AS A PERCENTAGE OF INCOME AFTER DEDUCTIONS, you are just as stupid as you are an arrogant ass. Its not about apples and oranges, its about the percentage of a persons income they keep after taxes, and its much heavier on the middle class than the 1%.

Investing in a corporation that sends our jobs somewhere else in the long run is stupid, just look at our current condition caused by that very concept. Corporations are not evil, top executives that will do anything to get those amazingly huge bonus each year that the hand picked overpaid board of directors gives them are evil. The ones that put profits above employees and the people who made that corporation what it is today, should be locked up, that's just my opinion. But corporate theft is not illegal and neither is putting an American Corporation before its employees, but that doesn't make it right. And they ARE the reason our counties middle class has become the working poor. Doesn't happen in Asia counties, they are prospering while we decline totally because of corporate greed completely out of control and people like you who don't have the grey matter to understand.
1% of this nations population has taken control of 75% of this nations wealth!! While they pay approx. 22.3% of income tax paid, the upper middle class pays approx. 20% of the tax burden and the hated poor pay 3/10 of 1 %. Anyone with even a hit of common sense attached to a working brain can see that the rich 1% are getting a hell of a deal, the middle class is carrying the largest burden when you consider what they ALL pay as a PERCENTAGE of the INCOME after all the bought and paid for deductions thanks to their friends in Congress that just don't apply to the middle class. The poor have nothing so they pay nothing, like you.
Skippy Peanut Butter

Blairsville, GA

#32587 Dec 4, 2013
Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps this erudite poster should avail him/herself of various sources (like irs.gov ) and look at tax tables for some well needed education about tax rates...
"I don't know exactly what is "fair", I just believe the wealthiest Americans should be taxed at a higher rate than the 'average Joe or Jane'"
Wow, way to stick your neck out, poster. Complain, but don't offer any specifics.
They are, but the poster won’t be able to figure it out for him/herself.
ASSUMING the poster can properly figure out what taxable income is vs. gross earnings (figure it out), I offer the following:
taxable income 2012 TOTAL tax rate %
$30,000 13.6%
Long term
capital gains rate 15.0% taxed separately
60,000 18.4%
90,000 20.7%
100,000 21.5%
160,000 23.9%
200,000 25.3%
300,000 27.8%
400,000 29.2%
Wow, would you look at that, as taxable income grows, the total tax rate GROWS. Can you believe it?
In words most anyone can understand, the tax rate paid on (non-capital gains) income increases as the income increases.
That should address the poster’s concern of “I just believe the wealthiest Americans should be taxed at a higher rate”, although the poster (just like Einstein) confuses wealth with income…
True, but it doesn't address the capital gains rate which does not increase as income rises. While not absolute, most of the wealthiest Americans earn their money from capital gains. Perhaps there needs to be an overhaul in the way capital gains are taxed. Of course, one could argue that has already been taxed once, etc., etc.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#32588 Dec 4, 2013
the truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Idiotspeak is all you know. If nobody talks about the fact that American corporations are at fault with the decline of the middle class it just gets worse. Most Americans don't talk about this problem because they don't understand it. A lot of people today try to buy American when they can and that's a start. It needs to be talked about more, even more than the hated ObamaCare, its a MUCH bigger problem for the future of the middle class. But it won't get any ratings on conservative talk, so they don't talk about it.
You really think that a billionaire pays the same amount as you at McDonalds AS A PERCENTAGE OF INCOME AFTER DEDUCTIONS, you are just as stupid as you are an arrogant ass. Its not about apples and oranges, its about the percentage of a persons income they keep after taxes, and its much heavier on the middle class than the 1%.
Investing in a corporation that sends our jobs somewhere else in the long run is stupid, just look at our current condition caused by that very concept. Corporations are not evil, top executives that will do anything to get those amazingly huge bonus each year that the hand picked overpaid board of directors gives them are evil. The ones that put profits above employees and the people who made that corporation what it is today, should be locked up, that's just my opinion. But corporate theft is not illegal and neither is putting an American Corporation before its employees, but that doesn't make it right. And they ARE the reason our counties middle class has become the working poor. Doesn't happen in Asia counties, they are prospering while we decline totally because of corporate greed completely out of control and people like you who don't have the grey matter to understand.
1% of this nations population has taken control of 75% of this nations wealth!! While they pay approx. 22.3% of income tax paid, the upper middle class pays approx. 20% of the tax burden and the hated poor pay 3/10 of 1 %. Anyone with even a hit of common sense attached to a working brain can see that the rich 1% are getting a hell of a deal, the middle class is carrying the largest burden when you consider what they ALL pay as a PERCENTAGE of the INCOME after all the bought and paid for deductions thanks to their friends in Congress that just don't apply to the middle class. The poor have nothing so they pay nothing, like you.
Einstein should give it up, so much in his/her response is inaccurate and incorrect, it's not worth the time to debate...
Funny Dude

Blairsville, GA

#32589 Dec 4, 2013
Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>
Einstein should give it up, so much in his/her response is inaccurate and incorrect, it's not worth the time to debate...
TRANSLATION: "I can't really debate the fact that corporate greed is killing the middle class so I'll just say the poster is stupid."
there

Canton, GA

#32590 Dec 4, 2013
Funny Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
TRANSLATION: "I can't really debate the fact that corporate greed is killing the middle class so I'll just say the poster is stupid."

Look for the inserts dummy echo chamber…….

We talk about your work, how you are such a jerk
We talk about your Trailer and your head when it hurts
We talk about the troubles you've been having with your brother
About your daddy and your mother and your crazy ex lover
We talk about your friends and the places that you've been
We talk about your scaly skin and the pimples on your chin
The polish on your nose and the ruin of your toes

And God knows we're gonna talk about your raggy clothes
You know talking about you makes me smile and grin
But every once in a while
I wanna talk about others
Along with your sorry Brothers
Wanna talk about number one
Oh my, me, mine
What I think, what I like, what I know, what I want, what I see

I hate talking about you, you, you, you, usually but occasionally
I wanna talk about me

We talk about your wet dreams and we talk about your crooked schemes
Your sorry high school team and your moisturizer creams
We talk about your roots up in Indiana
We talk about your hoots of your grandma down in Alabama

We talk about your gay guys of every shape and size
The one's that you despise and the one's you idolize
We talk about your heart, about your brains and your dumbs
And your medical charts and when you fart

You know talking about you makes me grin
But every now and then
I wanna talk about others
Including your sorry Brothers
Wanna talk about number one
Oh my, me, mine
What I think, what I like, what I know, what I want, what I see
I like laughing at you, you, you, you, usually, but occasionally
I wanna talk about me
there

Canton, GA

#32591 Dec 4, 2013
silver foxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Sad part, an Obama interview won't save the network.
Softball is right, the ratings are at an all time low for that very reason. "Thrill up my leg." Really?..... Just a bit weird & creepy.

he be friends with the echo chamber, ya think.........

Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#32592 Dec 4, 2013
General Robert E Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
So, if you believe that the low wages are creating a class of dependency, what do you propose that solves this issue?
Sorry pal, but it's not a matter of what I think...

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-11-13/how-...

...This issue has become more known as we learn just how far some companies have gone in putting their employees on public assistance. According to one study, American fast food workers receive more than $7 billion dollars in public assistance. As it turns out, McDonald's has a “McResource” line that helps employees and their families enroll in various state and local assistance programs. It exploded into the public when a recording of the McResource line advocated that full-time employees sign up for food stamps and welfare.

Wal-Mart, the nation’s largest private sector employer, is also the biggest consumer of taxpayer supported aid. According to Florida Congressman Alan Grayson, in many states, Wal-Mart employees are the largest group of Medicaid recipients. They are also the single biggest group of food stamp recipients. Wal-mart’s "associates" are paid so little, according to Grayson, that they receive $1,000 on average in public assistance. These amount to massive taxpayer subsidies for private companies....

http://www.demos.org/sites/default/files/publ...
...We find that if Walmart redirected the $7.6 billion it spends annually on repurchases of its own company stock, these funds could be used to give Walmart’s low-paid workers a raise of $5.83 an hour, more than enough to ensure that all Walmart workers are paid a wage equivalent to at least $25,000 a year for full-time work.5 Curtailing share buybacks would not harm the company’s retail competitiveness or raise prices for consumers. In fact, some retail analysts have argued that by providing a substantial investment in the company’s front-line workforce, higher pay could be expected to improve employee productivity and morale while reducing Walmart’s expenses related to employee turnover.6 With more money in their wallets, Walmart employees would likely spend a portion of the cash at Walmart itself, boosting the company’s sales. Sales might also increase as customers benefit from an improved shopping environment.7

In D&#275;mos’ prior study,“Retail’s Hidden Potential: How Raising Wages Would Benefit Workers, the Industry and the Overall Economy,” we found that increasing pay for low-wage workers at America’s largest retailers would also have benefits for the economy as a whole, reducing poverty, boosting economic growth, and creating over 100,000 jobs. While the impact of raising wages at a single company—even one as large and central as Walmart—would have a much smaller impact, similar benefits could be expected from a wage increase: the economy would gain from the addition of economy-supporting jobs, taxpayers would pay less to subsidize Walmart’s lowwage business model, and the company would no longer be the leading example of inequality in an economy being rapidly undermined by the shrinking middle class and lack of purchasing power...

Companies like Walmart that make enormous profits can use them to invest in the future of the business or to reward their investors. While using profits to invest in the retail workforce could lift up firms and the industry, Walmart directs a substantial share of its earnings toward share buybacks which benefit an increasingly narrow group of investors and do not provide the productivity benefits achieved by investing in workers. These buybacks occur when a company repurchases public shares of its own stock, which reduces the number of shares traded on the market so that the same level of earnings are distributed over fewer owners, making each remaining share worth more....
there

Canton, GA

#32593 Dec 4, 2013
Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
Said Matthews, "I just cannot begin to say how thrilled my leg is to have this opportunity to interview the most brilliant man ever to inhabit the White House." He added, "I just hope I can conduct this interview with President Obama without slobbering too much, even though, he has all the questions in advance."

he does drool a lot doesn't he..........

His drooling kinda reminds me of a mad dog I once encountered....

there

Canton, GA

#32594 Dec 4, 2013

Where are all those defenders of global warming when you need them..........

http://news.yahoo.com/cold-snap-felt-across-w...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brunswick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
nasty woman. you've been warned. Feb 18 Farrell Landon 2
What McIntosh/Darien does not want you to know (May '13) Feb 16 Well now 32
Part 12 Guy Heinze Jr. (May '10) Feb 15 Blue 1,221
i-95 accident (Mar '09) Feb 10 GodsPrincess2939 6
immigration issues Jan 30 Heywood 1
Brunswick for a family (Feb '16) Jan '17 Anonymous 3
Speed Trap along the I-95 corridor in Mcintosh ... (Nov '15) Jan '17 Anonymous 29

Brunswick Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Brunswick Mortgages