Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#32548 Dec 3, 2013
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>....and the real irony(yes, I said it) is that the conservatives are victims of their own success- the 'voodoo/trickle down' economics of the Reagan/Bush years was so successful that it effectively destroyed what was left of the middle class in America, and thus decimated the real power base of the republican party. They could really use an Ike or a TR now, but sadly, both would be considered a "libroid"(or, a RINO)in todays republican party.
So! The republicans singled handedly have destroyed the middle class? lol Give me a break. YOU voted for an idiot CLAIMED he was going to SAVE the middle class. How is that working out so far????? Yep! Obama's hate-speak is still working. One thing is for sure....liberals are very easily manipulated.
jeb stuart

Cordele, GA

#32549 Dec 3, 2013
Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps this erudite poster should avail him/herself of various sources (like irs.gov ) and look at tax tables for some well needed education about tax rates...
"I don't know exactly what is "fair", I just believe the wealthiest Americans should be taxed at a higher rate than the 'average Joe or Jane'"
Wow, way to stick your neck out, poster. Complain, but don't offer any specifics.
They are, but the poster won’t be able to figure it out for him/herself.
ASSUMING the poster can properly figure out what taxable income is vs. gross earnings (figure it out), I offer the following:
taxable income 2012 TOTAL tax rate %
$30,000 13.6%
Long term
capital gains rate 15.0% taxed separately
60,000 18.4%
90,000 20.7%
100,000 21.5%
160,000 23.9%
200,000 25.3%
300,000 27.8%
400,000 29.2%
Wow, would you look at that, as taxable income grows, the total tax rate GROWS. Can you believe it?
In words most anyone can understand, the tax rate paid on (non-capital gains) income increases as the income increases.
That should address the poster’s concern of “I just believe the wealthiest Americans should be taxed at a higher rate”, although the poster (just like Einstein) confuses wealth with income…
why don't you kiss my erudite ass- you stupid MF-er!

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#32550 Dec 3, 2013
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>why don't you kiss my erudite ass- you stupid MF-er!
In other words, "I got my a$$ handed to me (again), my comment has been shown to be clueless and uneducated (again), so I'll show my (lack of) class (again). Nope, I won't have a specific constructive idea about what is fair for tax rates, I'll just whine a bit. I don't care that those evil rich people are paying a higher percentage of taxes, I just won't have the facts get in my way."

Not surprised.
jeb stuart

Cordele, GA

#32551 Dec 3, 2013
Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps this erudite poster should avail him/herself of various sources (like irs.gov ) and look at tax tables for some well needed education about tax rates...
"I don't know exactly what is "fair", I just believe the wealthiest Americans should be taxed at a higher rate than the 'average Joe or Jane'"
Wow, way to stick your neck out, poster. Complain, but don't offer any specifics.
They are, but the poster won’t be able to figure it out for him/herself.
ASSUMING the poster can properly figure out what taxable income is vs. gross earnings (figure it out), I offer the following:
taxable income 2012 TOTAL tax rate %
$30,000 13.6%
Long term
capital gains rate 15.0% taxed separately
60,000 18.4%
90,000 20.7%
100,000 21.5%
160,000 23.9%
200,000 25.3%
300,000 27.8%
400,000 29.2%
Wow, would you look at that, as taxable income grows, the total tax rate GROWS. Can you believe it?
In words most anyone can understand, the tax rate paid on (non-capital gains) income increases as the income increases.
That should address the poster’s concern of “I just believe the wealthiest Americans should be taxed at a higher rate”, although the poster (just like Einstein) confuses wealth with income…
wow! thanks o great pos! But does that scale continue on out- or does it stop at 400,000?

Location hidden

#32552 Dec 3, 2013
Same Old wrote:
Gotta love this forum. It's a replay of the same thing over and over again, with no points ever made, and no points ever taken.'Tis a mighty sad world when folks have nothing left to do but argue in a repetitive circle of trying to prove points in 476 different ways. over 31 thousand posts, and still no compromise. Only bickering, and trying to "one up" others. And people wonder why our government is so messed up. Just look at ya! Always arguing one side or another. I'd use the term 'morons', but that is just way too light. I prefer insane repetition.
Sooooo, why do you care? It seems you would just move on. Who's the moron now?!

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#32553 Dec 3, 2013
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>I have some serious doubts about the 92% tax rate under FDR- but I am willing to humor you a little bit this once. He was faced with the greatest depression ever witnessed by a modern society plus fighting a world war on two fronts- of course, a good conservative president would have opted to lower the taxes on the wealthy and let the war last another 3-4 years. After all, what is a couple million American lives when it comes to protecting our wealthiest citizens, huh.
The following link contains a graph that contains the lower and upper tax rates since the institution of the income tax.
http://www.ntu.org/tax-basics/history-of-fede...

And the Depression was extended through the very policies that FDR enacted.

Location hidden

#32554 Dec 3, 2013
Question wrote:
<quoted text>Hubris exhibited by the "extreme right" as opposed to the level headed and even handed comments that come from the progressives that hijacked the democrat party like Chris Matthews, Keith Ohlbermann, Alan Grayson,Debbie Wasserman Schultz, etc., etc., etc...
Brilliant!!!! Don't libroids just kill you with their double standard? I love the way they TRY to wax philosophical as if they possess the holy grail of political insight.*smh and l*

Location hidden

#32555 Dec 3, 2013
SameOld wrote:
<quoted text>
So Bill, what would I be classified as? I mean, since I could care less about dividing lines among constituents of what is supposed to be a Democratic society. I guess I fall into the category of "Comedictarian"? One who laughs at both sides while they sit and completely put on a skit of continually arguing the same points, decade after decade, while getting nothing done? Maybe I lean more toward conservative, since I like thinking, and don't allow anyone to sway my line of thinking. Then again, I see about 98 percent of everyone basing their arguments on media fodder that is continually pumped into their poor little heads each day. In the game of politics, the constituents are only there to voice opinion, based on what the news tells them to think, right? So wouldn't that make everyone Liberal? It's a mighty gray area there, as nine times out of ten, the media is only sharing with us what is allowed by the government anyway. I guess I could come up with witty remarks about how this is different from that, and so on, but in the end, I see the same arguments from both sides, but with opposite agendas. Just an observation.
Just mildly curious....where do YOU get YOUR information? You have made it clear that you don't get any information from the media. Do you spend most of your time IN Washington observing what is REALLY going on? Apparently, you have some sort of inside track. You are squarely "in the mix". Tell us how you know so much more than the rest of us. Inquiring minds want to know.
jeb stuart

Cordele, GA

#32556 Dec 3, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
The following link contains a graph that contains the lower and upper tax rates since the institution of the income tax.
OMG! I guess that the war was extended by his policies, too. Damn stupid communists- they elected him to four terms!LMAO

Location hidden

#32557 Dec 3, 2013
SameOld wrote:
<quoted text>
How stupid to basically say your goodbyes, yet continue on because you didn't have the final word. Yeah. That just happened to you.
You misinterpreted SF's post. Go back and reread.

Location hidden

#32558 Dec 3, 2013
the truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You arrogant bas##rd, paying the same percentage after deductions is not what happens in todays world. The rich have and use the ability to get tax laws that benefit them, the middle class doesn't have that kind of influence anymore. As a percentage on income what some billionaires pay is less than your job at the drive thru window, probably close to nothing. Sure politicians tell us what they want us to hear at election time. As soon as they are elected its time to pay back their backers, and they do.
Corporations "making things" in other countries is why we have little manufacturing here, the profit motive has become God in America, and that's wrong!! Corporations are not dealing with the evil unions, they are dealing with worse, communist counties where government controls everything!! Corporations importing goods that were made here and are now being imported should have to pay a large tariff.
From your warped point of view the fact that wages in the U.S. are now making it profitable to move some jobs back to the U.S. is good, to America its bad. A Japanese computer manufacturer now with a plant in S.C. is one example of lower wages bringing back low paying jobs, American workers are supposed to be thankful for anything today.
So you can be proud, we have made the American workers take home pay the lowest amount in 30 years, taking into consideration inflation . To you and corporate America that's great news, to the America worker its not.
You are the very annoying excuse for a human that lives in its on little dream world. Not get on your bike with your toy corvette in your pocket and peddle your sorry butt back to work, break time is over.
Has Obama saved you, yet?

Location hidden

#32559 Dec 3, 2013
Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>
And this poster continues to show their lack of knowledge, particularly about the tax system...
"...paying the same percentage after deductions is not what happens in todays world."
Oh, really? The tax tables and tax rates are the same for all tax payers. Wonder if this poster can explain the difference between income, adjusted gross income, taxable income and what the tax rates are based upon. Also, what are the tax rates on "regular" income and capital gains and why it's that way.
"As a percentage on income what some billionaires pay is less than your job at the drive thru window"
Another fine example of a poster not knowing what they're "talking" about. The poster is mixing apples and oranges, shows a lack of knowledge of how taxes work. A billionaire has a great deal of wealth (an accumulation of income), but isn't making a billion a year, is he/she? Is the poster suggesting someone who has a lot of wealth should be paying more in income taxes, even if they didn't have much income (perhaps none) in that year? Aren't INCOME taxes based on what someone made THAT year, not what they HAVE? Looks like that evil wealth envy rearing it's ugly head again...
BTW, highly unlikely that the tax rate on a billionaire is lower than someone working at Burger King (like Skippy). I wonder if the poster can explain why...Hint: long term capital gains rate vs. the the tax rate of a lower paid worker. It's been addressed before, but it's likely beyond the comprehension level of this poster.
"Corporations "making things" in other countries is why we have little manufacturing here, the profit motive has become God in America, and that's wrong!!"
The poster is "preaching to the choir". Wonder why the poster doesn't do something about it, rather than complaining about it. BTW, people invest in evil corporations (mostly) to earn a return on an investment. It's called capitalism...
Give it up, Einstein, you don't know what you're talking about and haven't for some time.
lol I used to try to help him, but I gave up.
jeb stuart

Cordele, GA

#32560 Dec 3, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
lol I used to try to help him, but I gave up.
poor dude! He will probably blow his damn brains out once he discovers that you have given up on him, LMAO.

Location hidden

#32561 Dec 3, 2013
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>...and your point? Other than that the wealthiest folks pay the lions share of taxes...that just breaks my f...ing heart- why don't you cry me a damn river!
I think it addresses your question about the rich paying more. At least that is what I got from it.

Location hidden

#32562 Dec 3, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
Oh, now this is rich. The administration is admitting 30-40% of healthcare.gov has not been built. And by the way, a huge portion of that is the mechanism to accept payment. So now the administration is telling the insurance companies they should "estimate" what they THINK they are owed and they will all reconcile it later. Yeah, that's brilliant.
==========
And now we're told:
"Up to one-third of the 149,000 individuals who have been able to sign up for Obamacare — 44,700 people — may not have health insurance after all come Jan. 1, even though HealthCare.gov accepted their applications and confirmed coverage.
In yet another acknowledged blunder, administration officials have admitted that people “might not be officially signed up with their selected issuer, even if the website has told them they are,” ABC News reports."
"The White House set a Nov. 30 deadline to have the site fully functional, and publicly congratulated itself early Sunday with assurances that the site was at least 90 percent effective. The latest revelation brings that statistic down to at least 66 percent."
http://www.newsmax.com/newswidget/obamacare-e...
=========
And shall we talk about the security failures that are leaving those who sign up on the website vulnerable to identity theft?
A responsible leader would say "We tried and we have failed in our promises to the American people. We are starting over from scratch and will learn from these mistakes." Like that's gonna happen.
We don't HAVE a responsible leader. Actually, we have NO leader at all! His narcissism would NEVER allow him to admit failure. Never! He'll start the blame game soon. We ALL know who WON'T accept the blame, don't we?

Location hidden

#32563 Dec 3, 2013
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>poor dude! He will probably blow his damn brains out once he discovers that you have given up on him, LMAO.
Nah....he's a liberal. He doesn't own a gun. Plus, liberals need SO MUCH help, it's futile to even try. They'll just keep coming back to the well for more until the well is dry. LMBO
jeb stuart

Cordele, GA

#32564 Dec 3, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess folks just can't ever get things right. Across the pond, Churchill(the conservatives God) gets booted before the war is even over- and over here, FDR is elected to four consecutive terms, although he extended the depression and started WW2(according to another wise wacko). I just reckon the clueless and uneducated have been at this stuff for awhile!lol
there

Baldwin, GA

#32565 Dec 4, 2013
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>"NAFA by Clinton"- you may want to check on that...Clinton may have been in office when it was signed but there were at least two former republican presidents that advocated for its' passage, FYI.

while true, repubs also advocated for responsible healthcare, not obamacare as is....
FYI, Clinton's arm was not twisted to sign NAFTA........

Also the dems controlled both houses of congress from 1955-1993, with only a 4 year break in the Senate from 1981-1985......

So NAFTA was and is a demo deal, just like the housing crisis was a demo promoted deal..........

there

Baldwin, GA

#32566 Dec 4, 2013
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>...and your point? Other than that the wealthiest folks pay the lions share of taxes...that just breaks my f...ing heart- why don't you cry me a damn river!

Wont shed a tear for any libroid blood sucker who demands others pay his way in life....

“Marble Man”

Since: Jul 11

Dallas, GA

#32567 Dec 4, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
Then he should have less cryptic, I responded to the text that was posted.
Why should the employer, or medicaid, have to provide coverage and/or absorb increased costs for those whose individual choices increase risk?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brunswick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Jekyll Island Rental & Photography Website:... (Apr '11) 18 hr Rent Jekyll 5
Power outage (Mar '07) Jan 24 Snuffy 4
Job fair in Camden County A job fair for reside... (Jan '11) Jan 21 Jobless in Camden 2
Matthew Guy Long Jan 19 Irish 1
Help in Woodbine!!!!!! Jan 12 Binebound 10
Looking to Relocate. Jan 3 Reach 1
Looking for info on Felisha Ponsell Dec 27 me2youlol 7
Brunswick Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Brunswick People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News