Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
now

Canton, GA

#32510 Dec 3, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not under Obamacare, the biggest increases are hitting those with the lowest risk - the young and typically healthy. Obamacare success is dependent upon the young and healthy who statistically will cost the least paying proportionally more in order to pay for those with more health issues.

I told you about him and his math confusion.... a prime example here with this subject.......probability, ratios, percentages, along with summations and subtractions......
You can have a lot of fun with him on the probability part alone.....

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#32511 Dec 3, 2013
merry christmas angie 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody I know wants to take wealth from anyone, just want them to pay the same percentage of tax on income as the middle class does. You think everyone on welfare is a lazy bum, far from the truth. Fact is a lot of people who are not doing well financially is the result of the rich people who you feel the need to protect, moving jobs from the U.S. to other countries, that has decimated the middle class....
Another fine example of a poster posting about stuff they are clueless and uneducated about:

"just want them to pay the same percentage of tax on income as the middle class does."

We all pay the same tax rates on the same types of income. Rich people and non-rich people use the same tax forms and same tax tables. The long term capital gains rate is the same for all.

"Fact is a lot of people who are not doing well financially is the result of the rich people who you feel the need to protect, moving jobs from the U.S. to other countries, that has decimated the middle class."

Only partially correct, poster gets a "star" for this...

Oh, the poster probably means those evil corporations, looking out for the shareholders? Wonder if the poster understands what fiduciary responsibility of the Board and executives of the company means.

Could it be that jobs have been moved to other countries because it will be cheaper to "make things" in other countries where wages likely are lower and you likely don't have to deal with unions? Lower costs means they might be able to undercut their competitor's pricing?

Location hidden

#32512 Dec 3, 2013
General Robert E Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
How about the elimination of income tax for all?
+1

The clueless and uneducated wouldn't understand it. "Just how are those evil rich people gonna pay more?"
silver foxx

Fitzgerald, GA

#32513 Dec 3, 2013
SameOld wrote:
<quoted text>
This coming from someone who sits and reads political jargon from numerous sites, and makes their decisions based on media outlets telling them what to think? No thanks there, pal. I'll take my chances outside of your "retail therapy". Besides, the nursing home should be locking you all down for the night soon right? Don't forget to choose your evening pudding.
Did I forget to say, "Bye?"

Location hidden

#32514 Dec 3, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
This is tiresome as you once again choose to deny the reality that the owners, CEO's and members of Boards are first and foremost individuals with their own beliefs and values that they do not want violated. You are the one who keeps trying to make corporations sentient.
Bottom line, I believe it is reprehensible to kill an unborn child for pure convenience. I am very comfortable living with my position. You apparently believe a woman who has acted irresponsibly should have the option of killing that same child for any reason at any time, if you can live with that, that is your problem, not mine. My problem is when you think those who consider abortion morally evil should be required to support it and pay for it. The Left so condescendingly declares that people have the right to believe what they believe and act accordingly, UNTIL it means someone doesn't want to pay for the irresponsible behavior of others. Then you demand lock step conformity.
I'm bored with trying to break through your blinders.
+1 very well stated.

A LIBERAL is somebody who wants you to think like them.

A CONSERVATIVE is someone who just wants you to think.
SameOld

Columbus, GA

#32515 Dec 3, 2013
silver foxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Did I forget to say, "Bye?"
Apparently you did, as I didn't get the full effect of the fare-thee-well. However, BYE! Check the bedpan before sleep.
Question

Commerce, GA

#32516 Dec 3, 2013
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>..don't have any excuses for the Obamacare website, but I believe that the republican party will continue to spiral downward. Not because conservatism is on the decline, but simply because more and more Americans are becoming increasingly repulsed by the hubris exhibited by the extreme right of the party(like most of the ones that post on this forum). Personally, as a believer in the two-party system, I think that this is regrettable.
Hubris exhibited by the "extreme right" as opposed to the level headed and even handed comments that come from the progressives that hijacked the democrat party like Chris Matthews, Keith Ohlbermann, Alan Grayson,Debbie Wasserman Schultz, etc., etc., etc...
SameOld

Columbus, GA

#32517 Dec 3, 2013
Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>
+1 very well stated.
A LIBERAL is somebody who wants you to think like them.
A CONSERVATIVE is someone who just wants you to think.
So Bill, what would I be classified as? I mean, since I could care less about dividing lines among constituents of what is supposed to be a Democratic society. I guess I fall into the category of "Comedictarian"? One who laughs at both sides while they sit and completely put on a skit of continually arguing the same points, decade after decade, while getting nothing done? Maybe I lean more toward conservative, since I like thinking, and don't allow anyone to sway my line of thinking. Then again, I see about 98 percent of everyone basing their arguments on media fodder that is continually pumped into their poor little heads each day. In the game of politics, the constituents are only there to voice opinion, based on what the news tells them to think, right? So wouldn't that make everyone Liberal? It's a mighty gray area there, as nine times out of ten, the media is only sharing with us what is allowed by the government anyway. I guess I could come up with witty remarks about how this is different from that, and so on, but in the end, I see the same arguments from both sides, but with opposite agendas. Just an observation.
silver foxx

Willacoochee, GA

#32518 Dec 3, 2013
SameOld wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently you did, as I didn't get the full effect of the fare-thee-well. However, BYE! Check the bedpan before sleep.
How stupid to come on this forum and scold & ridicule everyone for posting, yet stay & continue to post. We can take ya or leave ya, PAL. Just so ya know. Leave-stay, stay- leave, whateva floats ya boat.
The Facts Jack

Dahlonega, GA

#32519 Dec 3, 2013
Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>
Another fine example of a poster posting about stuff they are clueless and uneducated about:
"just want them to pay the same percentage of tax on income as the middle class does."
We all pay the same tax rates on the same types of income. Rich people and non-rich people use the same tax forms and same tax tables. The long term capital gains rate is the same for all.
"Fact is a lot of people who are not doing well financially is the result of the rich people who you feel the need to protect, moving jobs from the U.S. to other countries, that has decimated the middle class."
Oh, the poster probably means those evil corporations, looking out for the shareholders? Wonder if the poster understands what fiduciary responsibility of the Board and executives of the company means.
Could it be that jobs have been moved to other countries because it will be cheaper to "make things" in other countries where wages likely are lower and you likely don't have to deal with unions? Lower costs means they might be able to undercut their competitor's pricing?
Yada yada yada... get some new material Bill in Denseville.

Naturally, you're correct on a few things like tax rates, but you really show your colors when it comes to your last paragraph. You are one of those RWW nuts that think corporations and businesses have no "responsibility" to their employees ONLY to their stockholders. You are the reason our country and now lack of middle class is on the current course. You'd gladly sell your soul (if you have one) for a buck. You make decent people sick to their stomachs.
A word

Warner Robins, GA

#32520 Dec 3, 2013
Charles Spurgeon - The Prince of Preachers
"Satan greatly approves of our railing at each other, but God does not."
who cares

Dawsonville, GA

#32521 Dec 3, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Except that there is that pesky little 1st Amendment.
Freedom of religion, that doesn't mean the freedom to force your religious beliefs on others now does it!Q
SameOld

Columbus, GA

#32522 Dec 3, 2013
silver foxx wrote:
<quoted text>
How stupid to come on this forum and scold & ridicule everyone for posting, yet stay & continue to post. We can take ya or leave ya, PAL. Just so ya know. Leave-stay, stay- leave, whateva floats ya boat.
How stupid to basically say your goodbyes, yet continue on because you didn't have the final word. Yeah. That just happened to you.
jeb stuart

Cordele, GA

#32523 Dec 3, 2013
Maybe this is a stupid question(to most conservatives), but just what is wrong with expecting the wealthiest Americans to pay a little more in taxes? Does anyone think that would destroy their incentive to make money. I don't proclaim to be the most generous guy in the world but I would like to think that ,if I were a multi-millionaire/billionaire, then I would be grateful enough to the country that allowed to accumulate my vast fortune that would not mind being taxed at a higher rate.
the truth

Dawsonville, GA

#32524 Dec 3, 2013
Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>
You arrogant bas##rd, paying the same percentage after deductions is not what happens in todays world. The rich have and use the ability to get tax laws that benefit them, the middle class doesn't have that kind of influence anymore. As a percentage on income what some billionaires pay is less than your job at the drive thru window, probably close to nothing. Sure politicians tell us what they want us to hear at election time. As soon as they are elected its time to pay back their backers, and they do.

Corporations "making things" in other countries is why we have little manufacturing here, the profit motive has become God in America, and that's wrong!! Corporations are not dealing with the evil unions, they are dealing with worse, communist counties where government controls everything!! Corporations importing goods that were made here and are now being imported should have to pay a large tariff.
From your warped point of view the fact that wages in the U.S. are now making it profitable to move some jobs back to the U.S. is good, to America its bad. A Japanese computer manufacturer now with a plant in S.C. is one example of lower wages bringing back low paying jobs, American workers are supposed to be thankful for anything today.

So you can be proud, we have made the American workers take home pay the lowest amount in 30 years, taking into consideration inflation . To you and corporate America that's great news, to the America worker its not.

You are the very annoying excuse for a human that lives in its on little dream world. Not get on your bike with your toy corvette in your pocket and peddle your sorry butt back to work, break time is over.
silver foxx

Fitzgerald, GA

#32525 Dec 3, 2013
SameOld wrote:
<quoted text>
How stupid to basically say your goodbyes, yet continue on because you didn't have the final word. Yeah. That just happened to you.
You were the one who stated you hate bickering. That's just happened to you, dear. I don't care who comments, I never read or visit a forum & feel the need to tell EVERYONE how stupid & insane they are for posting. It seems a bit hypocritical That's all.  Have a wonderful Christmas! Get that retail therapy, Cheers!

Location hidden

#32526 Dec 3, 2013
the truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You arrogant bas##rd, paying the same percentage after deductions is not what happens in todays world. The rich have and use the ability to get tax laws that benefit them, the middle class doesn't have that kind of influence anymore. As a percentage on income what some billionaires pay is less than your job at the drive thru window, probably close to nothing. Sure politicians tell us what they want us to hear at election time. As soon as they are elected its time to pay back their backers, and they do.
Corporations "making things" in other countries is why we have little manufacturing here, the profit motive has become God in America, and that's wrong!! Corporations are not dealing with the evil unions, they are dealing with worse, communist counties where government controls everything!! Corporations importing goods that were made here and are now being imported should have to pay a large tariff.
From your warped point of view the fact that wages in the U.S. are now making it profitable to move some jobs back to the U.S. is good, to America its bad. A Japanese computer manufacturer now with a plant in S.C. is one example of lower wages bringing back low paying jobs, American workers are supposed to be thankful for anything today.
So you can be proud, we have made the American workers take home pay the lowest amount in 30 years, taking into consideration inflation . To you and corporate America that's great news, to the America worker its not.
You are the very annoying excuse for a human that lives in its on little dream world. Not get on your bike with your toy corvette in your pocket and peddle your sorry butt back to work, break time is over.
And this poster continues to show their lack of knowledge, particularly about the tax system...

"...paying the same percentage after deductions is not what happens in todays world."

Oh, really? The tax tables and tax rates are the same for all tax payers. Wonder if this poster can explain the difference between income, adjusted gross income, taxable income and what the tax rates are based upon. Also, what are the tax rates on "regular" income and capital gains and why it's that way.

"As a percentage on income what some billionaires pay is less than your job at the drive thru window"

Another fine example of a poster not knowing what they're "talking" about. The poster is mixing apples and oranges, shows a lack of knowledge of how taxes work. A billionaire has a great deal of wealth (an accumulation of income), but isn't making a billion a year, is he/she? Is the poster suggesting someone who has a lot of wealth should be paying more in income taxes, even if they didn't have much income (perhaps none) in that year? Aren't INCOME taxes based on what someone made THAT year, not what they HAVE? Looks like that evil wealth envy rearing it's ugly head again...

BTW, highly unlikely that the tax rate on a billionaire is lower than someone working at Burger King (like Skippy). I wonder if the poster can explain why...Hint: long term capital gains rate vs. the the tax rate of a lower paid worker. It's been addressed before, but it's likely beyond the comprehension level of this poster.

"Corporations "making things" in other countries is why we have little manufacturing here, the profit motive has become God in America, and that's wrong!!"

The poster is "preaching to the choir". Wonder why the poster doesn't do something about it, rather than complaining about it. BTW, people invest in evil corporations (mostly) to earn a return on an investment. It's called capitalism...

Give it up, Einstein, you don't know what you're talking about and haven't for some time.

Location hidden

#32527 Dec 3, 2013
the truth wrote:
<quoted text>
So you can be proud, we have made the American workers take home pay the lowest amount in 30 years, taking into consideration inflation ....
I wonder who "we" is? What has the poster done to benefit workers?

BTW, my former company paid our employees pretty well and made over 20 employees and investors millionaires. Every employee received stock options that were vested and exercised at a higher amount than the issue price (meaning EVERY employee made some good money).

Care to compare, Einstein?
there

Canton, GA

#32528 Dec 3, 2013
jeb stuart wrote:
Maybe this is a stupid question(to most conservatives), but just what is wrong with expecting the wealthiest Americans to pay a little more in taxes? Does anyone think that would destroy their incentive to make money. I don't proclaim to be the most generous guy in the world but I would like to think that ,if I were a multi-millionaire/billionaire, then I would be grateful enough to the country that allowed to accumulate my vast fortune that would not mind being taxed at a higher rate.

Are you referring to something like this perhaps.........

a person making 60k x 20%= 12k in taxes......

and a person making 1mil x 20%= 200k in taxes??????????

or are you saying something like this.......

a person making 60k x 10%= 6k in taxes.....

and a person making 1mil x 40%= 400k in taxes???????

you need to be a little more specific........

or like maybe a person making 60k pays no taxes, and the person making 1 mil pays all the taxes????????

sorta like the real world where the top 10% pay almost 70% of all the taxes.....

and the bottom 50% pays like 2 or 3% of the taxes..........while the top 50% pays like 97 or 98% of the taxes......

Or maybe the question should be, why does the lower income pay no taxes at all?????????
By paying no taxes, and depending on gubmint handouts, does this disenfranchise them as responsible American citizens????

IN other words, if you got no investment in the country, why should you even be allowed to vote????????

http://www.ntu.org/tax-basics/who-pays-income...

there

Canton, GA

#32529 Dec 3, 2013
the truth wrote:
<quoted text>

hey dummy, read my post above........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brunswick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What McIntosh/Darien does not want you to know (May '13) Jul 9 Nteri 26
Mcintosh/Darien CROOKED RACIST COPS (May '13) Jul 8 LELEDAWN 58
Part 12 Guy Heinze Jr. (May '10) Jul 6 Udhruc 1,202
Divorce Attorney Jun 28 Jail The Ho 2
Judge Jean Bolin (May '12) Jun 27 Meth-intosh Busted 12
Speed Trap along the I-95 corridor in Mcintosh ... (Nov '15) Jun 27 Mcintrash Finest 8
companies Jun '16 the local hog hun... 1

Brunswick Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Brunswick Mortgages