Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia in 2010?

Posted in the Brunswick Forum

Comments (Page 1,552)

Showing posts 31,021 - 31,040 of39,705
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Marble Man”

Since: Jul 11

Dallas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2013

Judged:

The reason this furor (nobamanocare) will continue even if the website is fixed is that the public is learning that ObamaCare's insurance costs more in return for worse coverage.

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB1000142...

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2013

Judged:

the real poor wrote:
Last month from Vatican radio.....
I know a few Catholics & Protestants who think church & a nightly prayer will save them. How evil can money lovers & those saturated in materialism be???? Evidently, there are NO limits.
http://en.radiovaticana.va/m_articolo.asp...
And I know a lot of Liberals who think that there are no earthly consequences to their souls for killing unborn children, we'll leave the eternal consequences to their relationship with God.
So you know some religious people who think that salvation is merely a series of "checking the boxes", so what? Hopefully, they will mature in their faith. What does that have to do with those people who get wrapped up in "the love of money" - which "is the root of all evil" versus the majority of those who have worked hard and prospered and simply wish to be allowed to do with their money what THEY choose, not what ivory tower academics and bureaucrats think should be done with money they had nothing to do with earning. But then you're probably of the "you didn't build that" school of thought that pretends that those with money have a problem with reasonable taxes to cover the appropriate roles of the government. When it comes to how much of OTHERS' hard earned money some of the Left think they should be able to confiscate, you're right - "there are NO limits."

(and let's again remember who actually dips more into their own pockets to donate to charities - conservatives and Republicans.)

“Marble Man”

Dallas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2013

Judged:

the truth wrote:
<quoted text>
So you have no real reason to own an AK47 or similar weapons that kill in mass. Just curious, when did a large group of criminals actually do anything in mass to anyone. I can't think of one time, I can think of many times some nut with a weapon with the sole real purpose to kill in mass, actually killed innocent men, women and children, in mass.
Or maybe you are just blind and feel a hail of gunfire in the general direction of is large group of attackers you see in your mind will do the job. You have no interest in any argument because your position has no defensible position, none.
As for the nuke thing, if you didn't know it our forefathers had no concept of anything remotely like an AK47. To them if they could come back today it would be just as shocking as a nuke is to us today. And somewhere down the road someone will make and argument for that to happen. The Constitution does say a right to bear arms and the definition of arms has changed many times.
So what's your real reason for wanting guns that kill in mass?
Give it a try, give a real reason
The constitution does not limit the type of “arms” the people of the United States can or can not bear as the term “arms” is all encompassing and meant to provide the people with a means to arm themselves with anything comparable to what governments (Not just ours), have at their disposal.

By the way, our forefathers had no concept of the gangs and drug dealers and terrorists that we have today.

“Marble Man”

Dallas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2013

Judged:

Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
And I know a lot of Liberals who think that there are no earthly consequences to their souls for killing unborn children, we'll leave the eternal consequences to their relationship with God.
So you know some religious people who think that salvation is merely a series of "checking the boxes", so what? Hopefully, they will mature in their faith. What does that have to do with those people who get wrapped up in "the love of money" - which "is the root of all evil" versus the majority of those who have worked hard and prospered and simply wish to be allowed to do with their money what THEY choose, not what ivory tower academics and bureaucrats think should be done with money they had nothing to do with earning. But then you're probably of the "you didn't build that" school of thought that pretends that those with money have a problem with reasonable taxes to cover the appropriate roles of the government. When it comes to how much of OTHERS' hard earned money some of the Left think they should be able to confiscate, you're right - "there are NO limits."
(and let's again remember who actually dips more into their own pockets to donate to charities - conservatives and Republicans.)
The left wing liberal democrats see no need for charities, especially those based in religion, the government will provide.
just sayin

Waynesville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2013

Judged:

General Robert E Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
The left wing liberal democrats see no need for charities, especially those based in religion, the government will provide.
I would take it a step further. From all evidence it appears that progressives would want to destroy any charity with ties to a religious (more accurately described- Christian) organization in order to minimize any influence that organization might have on the culture.
By declaring the government the sole provider of all that is good they can then continue down the path of humanism and no need for God. This is the method used to indoctrinate our children.
just sayin

Waynesville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2013

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2013

Judged:

the truth wrote:
<quoted text>
... Just curious, when did a large group of criminals actually do anything in mass to anyone. I can't think of one time,...
With a mind likely isn't capable of rational thoughts, no wonder the poster made the above statement.

“Marble Man”

Dallas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2013

Judged:

just sayin wrote:
<quoted text>I would take it a step further. From all evidence it appears that progressives would want to destroy any charity with ties to a religious (more accurately described- Christian) organization in order to minimize any influence that organization might have on the culture.
By declaring the government the sole provider of all that is good they can then continue down the path of humanism and no need for God. This is the method used to indoctrinate our children.
Just like fourth graders being required to read a biography of nobama?
the real poor

East Dublin, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2013

Judged:

Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Relax, take a breather. This is about GREED being destructive, a destroyer of families. Any person from any country of any faith who is consumed by thoughts of money & greed could be guilty. Capitol Hill is the defintion of greed and wasteland, all at the expense of honest taxpayers. I don't care who gives what. As long as it's from the heart, it's good, it they're thinking how it will help them come tax time, it's greed. Didn't mean to ruffle your feathers, at all.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2013

Judged:

Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
And when it comes to greed vs charitable giving, I will simply refer you to the many studies that show conservatives/Republicans/red states beat liberals/Democrats/blue states in charitable giving hands down. Liberals are very good at handing out other people's money in order to claim the mantle of being caring and compassionate, but somehow their own pockets are left untouched - go look up charitable deductions for Clinton, Gore, Biden and Obama prior to their White House years. Conservatives reach into their own pockets.
+1

I don't prepare as many friends tax returns as I used to, but being that they were mostly friends, I knew their political leanings and can make the following observation:

My completely unscientific analysis (from my memory) of tax returns I've prepared indicated that those with liberal leanings did not utilize (current) lines 16-18 (Gifts to Charity) on Schedule A of the Tax Form 1040, either in dollar amount, or percentage of income amounts as those with non-liberal leanings.

In other words, Aggie's words above are accurate in my experience. Conservatives give more to charitable entities, some will say because they have more wealth to "spread the wealth", but there are many wealthy liberals, too.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2013

Judged:

Note that my above comment is from preparing tax returns, it COULD be argued that someone contributed to a charity without deducting it on their tax return.
Troll Man

Murphy, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2013

Judged:

Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>
+1
I don't prepare as many friends tax returns as I used to, but being that they were mostly friends, I knew their political leanings and can make the following observation:
My completely unscientific analysis (from my memory) of tax returns I've prepared indicated that those with liberal leanings did not utilize (current) lines 16-18 (Gifts to Charity) on Schedule A of the Tax Form 1040, either in dollar amount, or percentage of income amounts as those with non-liberal leanings.
In other words, Aggie's words above are accurate in my experience. Conservatives give more to charitable entities, some will say because they have more wealth to "spread the wealth", but there are many wealthy liberals, too.
TRANSLATION: "I really don't have anything to say here thoughtful or intelligent, but I just wanted to take any opportunity to say something bad about Democrats/Progressives, etc."
Scott

Jefferson, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2013

Judged:

Troll Man wrote:
<quoted text>
TRANSLATION: "I really don't have anything to say here thoughtful or intelligent, but I just wanted to take any opportunity to say something bad about Democrats/Progressives, etc."
TRANSLATION: "I don't really have anything to say here, thoughtful or intelligent, but, I just wanted to take any opportunity to say something bad about a poster who did."
yea but

Dahlonega, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2013

Judged:

Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>
+1
Yea but you work at McDonalds and all your friends work in fast food. You know how hard it is to make a living doing that, must be the reason you started trying to do taxes. I bet if the folks you did taxes for took their old returns you did to H.R. Block for one of their free analysis they could get a refund.
The majority of conservative's in this area are far from being wealthy, but to you the assistant manager at McDonalds is wealthy. The rest of all your comments is just more of your special form of hogwash.
Do you still carry that hot wheels corvette in your pocket when you ride your bike to work and pretend to be driving a real vette??

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Just like fourth graders being required to read a biography of nobama?
Hmm, hmm, hmm
Barack Hussein Obama
He said we must all lend a hand
To make this Country strong again
Hmm, hmm, hmm
Barack Hussein Obama
He said&#65279; we must be fair today
Equal work means equal pay
Hmm, hmm, hmm
Barack Hussein Obama
He said we all must take a stand
To make sure everyone gets a chance
Hmm, hmm, hmm
Barack Hussein Obama
He said red, yellow, black, or white,
All are equal in his sight
Hmm, hmm, hmm
Barack Hussein Obama
Yes, hmm, hmm, hmm
Barack Hussein Obama
https://www.youtube.com/watch...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Which is one reason why the elimination of the tax deductions for charitable giving is so often pushed for by the Left. Religious charities already receive far less government funding (if any) than secular charities. Eliminating the charitable tax deduction could impact them more heavily.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2013

Judged:

the real poor wrote:
<quoted text>
Relax, take a breather. This is about GREED being destructive, a destroyer of families. Any person from any country of any faith who is consumed by thoughts of money & greed could be guilty. Capitol Hill is the defintion of greed and wasteland, all at the expense of honest taxpayers. I don't care who gives what. As long as it's from the heart, it's good, it they're thinking how it will help them come tax time, it's greed. Didn't mean to ruffle your feathers, at all.
If I misunderstood your post, my apologies. I thought you were falling into lock step with the majority of the Lefties on here who classify anyone who has managed to work hard and break into the income upper 10% as "the evil greedy rich" simply based on their success.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2013

Judged:

yea but wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea but you work at McDonalds and all your friends work in fast food. You know how hard it is to make a living doing that, must be the reason you started trying to do taxes. I bet if the folks you did taxes for took their old returns you did to H.R. Block for one of their free analysis they could get a refund.
The majority of conservative's in this area are far from being wealthy, but to you the assistant manager at McDonalds is wealthy. The rest of all your comments is just more of your special form of hogwash.
Do you still carry that hot wheels corvette in your pocket when you ride your bike to work and pretend to be driving a real vette??
Speaking of hogwash.
who cares

Dahlonega, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2013

Judged:

Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
You belief that government has no hand in the money the rich 10% or anyone else makes is to say the least clueless. Roads, air travel, wars not to mention everyday things like trash pick up and on and on.
And all this bull about who donates to charities!!! Average people donate to charities because they feel the need to help, and its a sacrifice. The rich 10% feel the need to reduce their tax liability, so why not donate to charity, its just a write off, like the plane they fly to work and it gets them positive press. But the thing you are leaving off is the number you quote includes donations to the church you attend, little of that is a real charity, sorry. But if it makes you feel superior to twist the truth, who cares.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2013

Judged:

who cares wrote:
<quoted text>
You belief that government has no hand in the money the rich 10% or anyone else makes is to say the least clueless. Roads, air travel, wars not to mention everyday things like trash pick up and on and on.
And all this bull about who donates to charities!!! Average people donate to charities because they feel the need to help, and its a sacrifice. The rich 10% feel the need to reduce their tax liability, so why not donate to charity, its just a write off, like the plane they fly to work and it gets them positive press. But the thing you are leaving off is the number you quote includes donations to the church you attend, little of that is a real charity, sorry. But if it makes you feel superior to twist the truth, who cares.
"You belief"? Did u even graduate from high school? U continue to embarrass urself.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 31,021 - 31,040 of39,705
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Brunswick Discussions

Search the Brunswick Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Part 12 Guy Heinze Jr. (May '10) 18 hr missb 1,160
Ghost of Surrency (Jan '11) 18 hr JesseJamesDalton 12
Jessie to make Disney history with TV engagement Apr 19 Debby Ryan 1
beverly hill billy speed trap court of Darien Ga. (Jun '09) Apr 17 A passerby 132
Peggy Edenfield gets 60 years for Christopher B... (Sep '11) Apr 15 andrea perez 21
Murder suspect caught after 6 hour search throu... Apr 14 anon2 3
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) Apr 13 youfool 1,983
•••

Flood Warning for Glynn County was issued at April 23 at 8:43PM EDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Brunswick Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Brunswick People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE