Since: Sep 13

Fortson, GA

#32011 Nov 21, 2013
Doo wrote:
<quoted text>
Please allow me to vote first. Yes I back the elected President over the doo nothing lying congress that said their number one priority is to make Obama fail. Now making our twice elected President fail only destroys our Nation too. In 2014 I hope the Tea Party Republicans all lose and should for shutting down the government and downgrading our credit. Obama didn't doo this.
How ignorant can people really be. I have a lot kin folks here too and most of them back the president.
Not to discredit your friends or relatives, but people are entitled to believe whatever they want, no matter how ridiculous it is. Obama could be a white republican for all I care, and would still be an idiot liar. It's all in how you manage a company. That company being what is supposed to be the most powerful country in the world. Instead, we are being laughed at by every other country right now, as a nation of fools that vote in the king of the fools to run the show. Go to other forums worldwide (and not on topix). They are bashing the crap out of us because other countries' citizens have stood up lately, and said "enough is enough". I don't intend on inciting mutiny, nor do I instigate an anarchist society by any means, but as a "United States", I would think that instead of splitting ourselves up, and living with the status quo, we would band together and demand to be treated fairly, and not be forced into doing things we don't want to do.

And for those who have forgotten the meaning of "Tea Party", remember your history, and why that had to be done to prove a point. We were not founded as a nation to be forcefully taxed by our leaders. Our leaders, in all honesty, should be paying us. WE are the ones that keep this country alive. WE are the ones who work, pay taxes, and live and die to support ourselves, as well as our fellow countrymen in order to make our lives comfortable. WE are the ones (minus me. I don't vote as I want no part in the responsibility of failure of moronic imbeciles running the show) that vote these folks in. The sad thing is, people have forgotten that just as fast as we can vote you in, we can kick you out.
Doo

Chatsworth, GA

#32012 Nov 21, 2013
I forgot to vote on the Bush years. I did not enjoy tax breaks for the rich only. I did not enjoy bailing out wall street and giant banks. I did not enjoy the two needless wars that cost America trillions and over 6,000 young American lives.
now

Cornelia, GA

#32013 Nov 21, 2013
ster402005 wrote:
Attention Americans!! This is a friendly reminder to you, that you have the power to petition to have the current President, as well as the so-called administration impeached. You talk a good game, you watch the news, read the papers, surf the internet, and debate good points. However, the "actions speak louder than words" part seems to be left out of the equation in today's live in fear of retribution society. I seem to recall a vast number of people in the 60's and 70's standing up to end a war that made no sense for our country to be involved in, and certain politicians folding under pressure of the relentless opposition OF THE PEOPLE. I seem to recall an onslaught of all races, genders, religions, and numerous other factions demanding equal rights for all, and once again, they folded under the pressure BY THE PEOPLE. And now, we sit and debate minute little points about who is better than this, and who is better than that, based on a system of thinking that has long since died, but is being kept alive by the media outlets.
I guess my main question would be... When are we going to start functioning as a whole society, instead of factions split into groups of "I believe this, I believe that? Look here kids, we are here one time. Would you rather your children remember you as the generation that helped to secretly destroy a country because they couldn't come together to work toward a common goal to better the life for everyone of the country? Or, would you rather history reflect, that because various media outlets told you what to believe, you refused to keep the tradition of the goals our founding fathers set out to do, which was to unify a society, and end oppression of a government that works hard to keep it's people in a hole, while all the time telling them everything is ok, just pay more and it will be peachy?
Choose your course wisely. I am not the holy nugget of wisdom, nor do I profess to be some "insightful wizard", but I would think, aside of all of this bickering nonsense, if you boil it down to the end of the day, you are all fighting for a system that will work FOR THE PEOPLE.

Maybe you should consider this:: you are preaching to the choir of both libroids and conservatives........

Your main audience is the uninformed, the ignorant, and the cop outs of society....you know, the ones who never discuss politics, dont know who the president is, and only vote a party line ticket for many reasons, the least of which is the character of the politician......

You wont find those people in this thread,(ok, some few ignorants) maybe they are on facebook and twitter, which could be your platform to transform the country. BTW, this all started with Wilson back in 1914, so some blame does lie with our forefathers....

now

Cornelia, GA

#32014 Nov 21, 2013
Doo wrote:
<quoted text>
Please allow me to vote first. Yes I back the elected President over the doo nothing lying congress that said their number one priority is to make Obama fail. Now making our twice elected President fail only destroys our Nation too. In 2014 I hope the Tea Party Republicans all lose and should for shutting down the government and downgrading our credit. Obama didn't doo this.
How ignorant can people really be. I have a lot kin folks here too and most of them back the president.

ROFL @ doo-doo head mentioning ignorant people in the same short paragraph as his kinfolk....classic example of a freudian slip.....

Doo

Chatsworth, GA

#32015 Nov 21, 2013
ster402005 wrote:
Attention Americans!! This is a friendly reminder to you, that you have the power to petition to have the current President, as well as the so-called administration impeached. You talk a good game, you watch the news, read the papers, surf the internet, and debate good points. However, the "actions speak louder than words" part seems to be left out of the equation in today's live in fear of retribution society. I seem to recall a vast number of people in the 60's and 70's standing up to end a war that made no sense for our country to be involved in, and certain politicians folding under pressure of the relentless opposition OF THE PEOPLE. I seem to recall an onslaught of all races, genders, religions, and numerous other factions demanding equal rights for all, and once again, they folded under the pressure BY THE PEOPLE. And now, we sit and debate minute little points about who is better than this, and who is better than that, based on a system of thinking that has long since died, but is being kept alive by the media outlets.
I guess my main question would be... When are we going to start functioning as a whole society, instead of factions split into groups of "I believe this, I believe that? Look here kids, we are here one time. Would you rather your children remember you as the generation that helped to secretly destroy a country because they couldn't come together to work toward a common goal to better the life for everyone of the country? Or, would you rather history reflect, that because various media outlets told you what to believe, you refused to keep the tradition of the goals our founding fathers set out to do, which was to unify a society, and end oppression of a government that works hard to keep it's people in a hole, while all the time telling them everything is ok, just pay more and it will be peachy?
Choose your course wisely. I am not the holy nugget of wisdom, nor do I profess to be some "insightful wizard", but I would think, aside of all of this bickering nonsense, if you boil it down to the end of the day, you are all fighting for a system that will work FOR THE PEOPLE.
You must be a Fox fan! Your petition won't get to first base. First of all, a Republican petition where their approval rate is like 9% should be to embarrassed to make such a petition. You might be about like the guy that ran for Sherriff in Whitfield County years ago. He got about thirty votes....and they were close family! You need to quit destroying America by degrading our twice elected President. He is working for us to all have affordable health care and not just the wealthy or the healthy. You sound so ignorant on here. Are you Rush Limbaugh's son or something. Stop the hate and join the winners like myself. I am happy, happy, happy! You should be too. His approval rating is still way ahead of George Bushes.

“I Offer You Truth!”

Since: Jul 07

Tampa, FL

#32016 Nov 21, 2013
Doo wrote:
<quoted text>
He's failed? Republican Quote from Mitch McConnel. "Our number one policy is to make Obama fail"......? Make the twice elected President fail? He won because the majority of Americans voted him and wanted him to rule. Anyone that goes against a democracy where free elections were held should be held accountable and charged with treason against the United States. Anyone that helps and aids this person should also be held accountable. This "coop" against our elected leaders is just plain wrong. Hounding the President and telling all the lies and distortions is very distracting for someone that is trying to doo a good job. Example: Ever tried to read a book with fruit flies swarming your head. It's hard to read ain't it? Well the same thing goes here. The difference is he is trying to make the right decisions for the Nation. Any distractions they have caused his should not go unpunished. The Republicans are taking a beating in the polls and elections and has managed to get there all on their own. They don't need any help looking more stupid and dysfunctional. They doo it on their own. Imagine how smart it is to split their party into two separate groups? How dump is that? The Tea Party wants to rule and the others regular Republicans want to rule therefore rendering them useless and are powerless to the Democrats that stick together. A family that plays TOGETHER stays TOGETHER. I suppose that also works for the Nation as well.
Phenomenal Post!!!!!!!!

Republicans have, from the time President Obama initially assumed office, made it their raison d'etre to do everything in their power to undermine any and everything President Obama has attempted to accomplish to move our nation forward. Their actions and behaviors, which are rooted in partisanship and hatred, over the past 4+ years have been nothing short of evil, un-American and traitorous.

"Hatred cannot heal a heart, or change a mind, or unite a nation." – The Book of Dave, 4:4
the truth

Dahlonega, GA

#32017 Nov 21, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
I couldn't care less what a woman does with her own body - UNTIL it involves the killing of an innocent life. The Left loves to bow to the altar of "Choice" - completely ignoring the independent choices made BEFORE the baby was conceived. Choices to have unprotected sex, choices to have unprotected sex outside of marriage, choices to have unprotected sex before the woman is willing or able to support a child. While recognizing that not all conservatives are pro-life from conception, all conservatives are advocates of personal responsibility, we recognize that we are above the level of the animals and should be held to a higher standard when it comes to our behavior.
Have you ever once looked at the hypocrisy of the "choices" women have that men don't when it comes to becoming a parent? A man who has sex with a woman who becomes pregnant and doesn't want to be "burdened" with a child and the supporting of that child is called a deadbeat and told he should have kept his zipper up - I don't disagree. But a woman is not told the same thing - she has all the choices of whether to keep the child or not, whether to kill the child or not - why shouldn't she be told she should have just kept her legs together - sorry for the crudeness. A married woman even has the "choice" to kill the child she and her husband conceived without his ever knowing - do you really think that is right?
And do not bring up the red herrings of rape or abused wives, nor am I talking about cases where the woman's life is in danger. Do those tragedies happen - yes, but I am talking about the overwhelming majority of cases that are simply for the "convenience" of the woman. And yes, I have known women who have had abortions - all for convenience.
And you have NO IDEA what charities or agencies the conservatives on here support.
Most conservative's I know are concerned mostly with themselves and think others that need assistance are just lazy bums. All I have to go on is personal experience based on what people say and do. Once for a group of children of a different race in another state, the church took up a love collection. I didn't have a check, so I mailed them one. Got a reply thanking us for the donation, ours was more than the whole congregations, and it wasn't a lot of money.

I think using a condom is a form of abortion, don't you? What I believe is my business and not any of yours. You have your beliefs just as others have theirs. Some believe in a totally different deity that yours. I don't see them in the streets demanding that you follow their beliefs. At least not in this country, some counties that are not "FREE" it happens all the time. This is a FREE country, read the constitution. You can believe and act in any manner you see fit that's within the law. But you don't have the RIGHT to change laws to make others conform with your religious or moral belief's, no matter what they are or how much you believe.

As for the rest of your post, you have "no idea" is just a normal brain function, sorry.

Fortson, GA

#32018 Nov 21, 2013
now wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you should consider this:: you are preaching to the choir of both libroids and conservatives........
Your main audience is the uninformed, the ignorant, and the cop outs of society....you know, the ones who never discuss politics, dont know who the president is, and only vote a party line ticket for many reasons, the least of which is the character of the politician......
You wont find those people in this thread,(ok, some few ignorants) maybe they are on facebook and twitter, which could be your platform to transform the country. BTW, this all started with Wilson back in 1914, so some blame does lie with our forefathers....
This is coming from someone who calls someone a "doo doo head"? I'm so sorry that you are so misaligned in life that you resort to name calling based on computer screen names. I'm even more sorry that you are one of the people that let the media control your way of thinking.

You are right on one point, I cater to both, as I see a united society, rather a split up bunch of cliques like you would find in any school. You have your liberals, conservatives, republicans, democrats, independents, black, white, hispanic, asian, native American, gay, straight, men, women, etc. You are missing the boat if you think for one second I buy into the idealism of splitting everyone into groups, to sit and argue points that neither side will ever have the answer to. You have just reiterated why I don't single myself out to belong to anything but the Human Race. I guess if you wanted to individualize me, or class me, I would be a Humanitarian. NOw, sit there and think up some little term for that one, like you did "libroid". Funny, they put the word "selfie" in the dictionary. I sincerely doubt your little libroid word will ever make it past the voting.

Fortson, GA

#32019 Nov 21, 2013
Doo wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be a Fox fan! Your petition won't get to first base. First of all, a Republican petition where their approval rate is like 9% should be to embarrassed to make such a petition. You might be about like the guy that ran for Sherriff in Whitfield County years ago. He got about thirty votes....and they were close family! You need to quit destroying America by degrading our twice elected President. He is working for us to all have affordable health care and not just the wealthy or the healthy. You sound so ignorant on here. Are you Rush Limbaugh's son or something. Stop the hate and join the winners like myself. I am happy, happy, happy! You should be too. His approval rating is still way ahead of George Bushes.
Nope. I watch no news. Why should I? You all have the answers to everything, so why listen to them? I watch Fox on Sunday nights, yeah. The cartoons are more informative than listening to the mass media tell me what I want to hear. I could easily throw the station on CNN, HLN, MSNBC, Fox News, or whatever it is you all indulge yourselves in, but why? So I can become a doofus robot, mindlessly aiming my sights at those who would dare oppose me? As I stated, I don't care what anyone thinks of me, or my ideals, because in the end, no one really cares about yours either. I simply put it as it is.

Oh yeah, no, I am not related to this Rush Limbaugh, but I am suspecting you are related to Nancy Grace, as you convict people before the trial even starts.
Doo

Chatsworth, GA

#32020 Nov 21, 2013
ster402005 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not to discredit your friends or relatives, but people are entitled to believe whatever they want, no matter how ridiculous it is. Obama could be a white republican for all I care, and would still be an idiot liar. It's all in how you manage a company. That company being what is supposed to be the most powerful country in the world. Instead, we are being laughed at by every other country right now, as a nation of fools that vote in the king of the fools to run the show. Go to other forums worldwide (and not on topix). They are bashing the crap out of us because other countries' citizens have stood up lately, and said "enough is enough". I don't intend on inciting mutiny, nor do I instigate an anarchist society by any means, but as a "United States", I would think that instead of splitting ourselves up, and living with the status quo, we would band together and demand to be treated fairly, and not be forced into doing things we don't want to do.
And for those who have forgotten the meaning of "Tea Party", remember your history, and why that had to be done to prove a point. We were not founded as a nation to be forcefully taxed by our leaders. Our leaders, in all honesty, should be paying us. WE are the ones that keep this country alive. WE are the ones who work, pay taxes, and live and die to support ourselves, as well as our fellow countrymen in order to make our lives comfortable. WE are the ones (minus me. I don't vote as I want no part in the responsibility of failure of moronic imbeciles running the show) that vote these folks in. The sad thing is, people have forgotten that just as fast as we can vote you in, we can kick you out.
I personally don't see Obama as a failure or a liar either especially after all the lies and distortions that has been made up and told on him to degrade him. They first started out by saying he was not an American. He proved it in black and white that he was born in Hawaii. Republicans still didn't want to believe this. Why? Because like Mitch McConnel said, our mission is to destroy Obama at all cost. Well, that strategy has cost the Nation a lot because they consentrated on this alone and let all other things go. They didn't doo one precious thing to improve the economy or jobs. After all, this would make Obama look good. They didn't doo a thing about affordable health care that was broken....but try to kill a bill that Obama got through. A bill that is to help All Americans have access to affordable health care. But not, the Republicans can't go along with this. Why? Because they work for these giant corporations and that's who they represent. So the bill becomes legal law and approved by the Supreme Court. What doo they doo? Make up lies and distortions again and again to try to kill the now Law of the Land. Still Americans are not falling for all the lies and distortions. You see, I want and need affordable health care. My wife's premium alone went to 1,513.00 through Blue Cross and we had to cancel or not eat one. Congress shut down the Government and refused to pay our debts. They already got our credit rating degraded once and tried again to doo the same thing. And the tax credits Bush gave to the rich saying would create new jobs....went to overseas jobs....not here. And the wall street and giant bank bail outs? and the trillions of dollars on the two needless wars? and over 6,000 young American lives lost for no viable reason? and you mention the Tea Party. They were founded by the two Koch brothers that are giant oil tycoons, one of the biggest reasons that gas prices are so high these days. What in the crap are you thinking supporting people like these. They wouldn't spit in your mouth is you were dying of thirst. You need to wake up and let Democracy work here. Blackmailing elected officials to get your way is not the American way. May God Bless America....land of the free!

Fortson, GA

#32021 Nov 21, 2013
now wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry I had to go back and laugh at you for calling Wilson a forefather. LMAO Thanks, I needed a reason to laugh hard.
Doo

Chatsworth, GA

#32022 Nov 21, 2013
now wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFL @ doo-doo head mentioning ignorant people in the same short paragraph as his kinfolk....classic example of a freudian slip.....
And you are so dumb you need stay out of the rain. You might hold your nose up so high you would drown. When God gave out sense you must have been in the bathroom pooping your brains out.
the truth

Dahlonega, GA

#32023 Nov 21, 2013
Headlines in the news.
"Senate Democrats poised to deploy “nuke option”:

If they do I just hope the "fallout" finishes off the tea baggers.

I know lots of tea baggers, most are good people, very good people. They are just misinformed, they don't really understand or are just brainwashed by conservative talk. But mostly they are mad, mad a government for the loss of their retirement savings, and the loss of their homes values. They believe that welfare is breaking the country, when in fact its a drop in the bucket. The problems are defense and nation building, that's has broke the bank and left huge deficits!

A lot are just furious over what they consider to be the loss of moral values in the country. Fact is that's what happens over time to every generation to some degree always has, always will. Look at history, moral values come and go. Remember the racy pinup girls of the 30's and 40's, then think of Playboy back in the day. People in their 50's ,60's & 70's seem to overlook the really racy lyrics of rock music back in the day.
Throughout history religions participation and morals have grown and then receded, but man survives.

“Marble Man”

Since: Jul 11

Dallas, GA

#32024 Nov 21, 2013
DapperDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Phenomenal Post!!!!!!!!
Republicans have, from the time President Obama initially assumed office, made it their raison d'etre to do everything in their power to undermine any and everything President Obama has attempted to accomplish to move our nation forward. Their actions and behaviors, which are rooted in partisanship and hatred, over the past 4+ years have been nothing short of evil, un-American and traitorous.
"Hatred cannot heal a heart, or change a mind, or unite a nation." – The Book of Dave, 4:4
Do you really expect any opposition party to just lay down and do whatever the President says? Partisanship exists for a reason, and the partisanship we have now was elected by the people for a reason(s). Where is the hatred displayed by the Republicans for Obama? For his agenda, maybe so, and it's their right to feel that way. Where is the evilness and un-American behavior? The struggles we are enduring now as a nation, were not created by any one specific individual or political party, and the struggles to solve them, is as American as it gets.
Doo

Chatsworth, GA

#32025 Nov 21, 2013
the truth wrote:
Headlines in the news.
"Senate Democrats poised to deploy “nuke option”:
If they do I just hope the "fallout" finishes off the tea baggers.
I know lots of tea baggers, most are good people, very good people. They are just misinformed, they don't really understand or are just brainwashed by conservative talk. But mostly they are mad, mad a government for the loss of their retirement savings, and the loss of their homes values. They believe that welfare is breaking the country, when in fact its a drop in the bucket. The problems are defense and nation building, that's has broke the bank and left huge deficits!
A lot are just furious over what they consider to be the loss of moral values in the country. Fact is that's what happens over time to every generation to some degree always has, always will. Look at history, moral values come and go. Remember the racy pinup girls of the 30's and 40's, then think of Playboy back in the day. People in their 50's ,60's & 70's seem to overlook the really racy lyrics of rock music back in the day.
Throughout history religions participation and morals have grown and then receded, but man survives.
I think what people don't really know about the Tea Party is that is was designed by the two oil tycoon brothers the Kock multibillionaires that buys up most of the surplus gas and rips up all off at the pump on every single gallon. They go under the name of "Americans for Prosperity" because they wan't to be tax exempt for being a non-profit....like a Church so to speak. They now have infiltrated Congress, about a dozen of them, and now are starting to hold the whole Nation for ransom is they don't get their way. You have seen what they have done recently with the Government shutdown and are making more threats from getting another credit downgrade. Another thing you fail to mention is the two Bush wars that should and could have been handled much differently with high tech drones and keeping our guys out of harms way. We lost over 6,000 people over there and trillions of needed tax dollars these days.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#32026 Nov 21, 2013
Doo wrote:
<quoted text>
He's failed? Republican Quote from Mitch McConnel. "Our number one policy is to make Obama fail"......? Make the twice elected President fail? He won because the majority of Americans voted him and wanted him to rule. Anyone that goes against a democracy where free elections were held should be held accountable and charged with treason against the United States. Anyone that helps and aids this person should also be held accountable. This "coop" against our elected leaders is just plain wrong. Hounding the President and telling all the lies and distortions is very distracting for someone that is trying to doo a good job. Example: Ever tried to read a book with fruit flies swarming your head. It's hard to read ain't it? Well the same thing goes here. The difference is he is trying to make the right decisions for the Nation. Any distractions they have caused his should not go unpunished. The Republicans are taking a beating in the polls and elections and has managed to get there all on their own. They don't need any help looking more stupid and dysfunctional. They doo it on their own. Imagine how smart it is to split their party into two separate groups? How dump is that? The Tea Party wants to rule and the others regular Republicans want to rule therefore rendering them useless and are powerless to the Democrats that stick together. A family that plays TOGETHER stays TOGETHER. I suppose that also works for the Nation as well.
So many errors (lies?), so little time:

What McConnnell ACTUALLY said is the following from Oct 2010:
"The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president."
"I don’t want the president to fail; I want him to change. So, we’ll see. The next move is going to be up to him."

My, my - looks a little different now, doesn't it. And as has been stated time and again, when conservatives say they want Obama to fail it is because we believe his POLICIES are detrimental to the country and so we want his POLICIES to fail. It really shouldn't be that hard to grasp the concept.
=======
"Anyone that goes against a democracy where free elections were held should be held accountable and charged with treason against the United States."
Well then you and your little Lefty buddies need to line up and be charged. Republicans were elected in those same free elections and virtually all of them ran on overturning Obamacare. Ted Cruz and company were doing what their constituents were expecting them to do.

You REALLY need to look up some terms and get it through your head that America is NOT a democracy, it is a representative republic - there is a BIG difference.
the truth

Dahlonega, GA

#32027 Nov 21, 2013
EVERY interesting article. Not only is our health care not the best, our life spans are not keeping up, try to get to the end.

Nov. 12, 2013 at 2:44 PM ET

U.S. medical care is getting ever pricier, but it’s not because so many old people are running up charges, experts reported Tuesday. Most of the money’s being spent on people under 65 with chronic conditions like diabetes and heart disease.

And even though the U.S. spends $2.7 trillion a year, nearly 18 percent of gross domestic product (GDP), on health care, it’s not keeping up with the rest of the developed world when it comes to improving people’s health.

“It does show pretty clearly that price is the culprit here,” Dr. Hamilton Moses of the Alerion Institute in Virginia and Johns Hopkins University told reporters.

“Based on this review…the U.S.‘system’ has performed relatively poorly,” Moses and colleagues wrote in the report, published in the Journal of the American Medical Association. Their findings echo what other experts have found – U.S. health care gives little value for the money.

One big problem is that people have no idea what they are paying for health care services, so traditional free market forces cannot act to keep costs down.“This is not a market. It’s far from a market. Few prices are known. They are not publicized,” Moses says.

The perception is that a bigger proportion of the population is getting old and sick, and using more and more services. But Moses and colleagues say their review didn’t show that.

“In 2011, chronic illnesses account for 84 percent of costs overall among the entire population, not only of the elderly. Chronic illness among individuals younger than 65 years accounts for 67 percent of spending,” they found.

“Price of professional services, drugs and devices, and administrative costs, not demand for services or aging of the population, produced 91 percent of cost increases since 2000.”

And while some opponents of health care reform have been saying the U.S. health care system is the best in the world, the statistics don’t support that.

U.S. life expectancy is getting longer, but it’s lagging behind the longer lifespans enjoyed by people in most of western Europe and Japan. And there are huge disparities across the country, with people in states like Mississippi considerably less healthy than people in Colorado or New York City.

Moses points to a very big culprit – the standard fee-for-service system that encourages doctors and other caregivers to give lots of tests, individual treatments and to prescribe drugs, instead of keeping patients well. It’s not a new idea, but Moses says his team’s study shows it very clearly.

“This is a very myopic country,” he said.“There are lessons to be learned from other countries. Chronic illness is where the misery is, it is where the money is and it is where the greatest opportunity lies.”

Moses and his team deliberately did not look at some of the changes outlined in the 2010 Affordable Care Act, widely known as Obamacare. Moses said some of the issues have become too politicized. But the law does try to encourage hospitals and caregivers to move away from a system that pays for individual procedures to one that rewards for keeping patients well.

More could and should be done, Moses says, to encourage better care of people with heart disease, diabetes and cancer.

“It’s the partisanship that’s perhaps standing in the way,” he said.

Dr. Ezekiel Emanuel, a former Obama administration health adviser who now heads a health policy center at the University of Pennsylvania, agrees that focusing on patients with chronic illnesses is the way to save money.“Preventing them from getting sicker is going to be the most important thing we can do to save costs,” he told the news conference.

That might include a system that encourages home visits, since hospital visits are so expensive, he added.“(Patients) like it better and it’s cheaper," Emanuel said.
the truth

Dahlonega, GA

#32028 Nov 21, 2013
Nov. 12, 2013 at 2:44 PM ET. 12, 2013 at 2:44 PM ET
U.S. medical care is getting ever pricier, but it’s not because so many old people are running up charges, experts reported Tuesday. Most of the money’s being spent on people under 65 with chronic conditions like diabetes and heart disease. And even though the U.S. spends $2.7 trillion a year, nearly 18 percent of gross domestic product (GDP), on health care, it’s not keeping up with the rest of the developed world when it comes to improving people’s health.“It does show pretty clearly that price is the culprit here,” Dr. Hamilton Moses of the Alerion Institute in Virginia and Johns Hopkins University told reporters.“Based on this review…the U.S.‘system’ has performed relatively poorly,” Moses and colleagues wrote in the report, published in the Journal of the American Medical Association. Their findings echo what other experts have found – U.S. health care gives little value for the money.
One big problem is that people have no idea what they are paying for health care services, so traditional free market forces cannot act to keep costs down.“This is not a market. It’s far from a market. Few prices are known. They are not publicized,” Moses says. The perception is that a bigger proportion of the population is getting old and sick, and using more and more services. But Moses and colleagues say their review didn’t show that.“ In 2011, chronic illnesses account for 84 percent of costs overall among the entire population, not only of the elderly. Chronic illness among individuals younger than 65 years accounts for 67 percent of spending,” they found.“Price of professional services, drugs and devices, and administrative costs, not demand for services or aging of the population, produced 91 percent of cost increases since 2000.”
And while some opponents of health care reform have been saying the U.S. health care system is the best in the world, the statistics don’t support that.U.S. life expectancy is getting longer, but it’s lagging behind the longer lifespans enjoyed by people in most of western Europe and Japan. And there are huge disparities across the country, with people in states like Mississippi considerably less healthy than people in Colorado or New York City. Moses points to a very big culprit – the standard fee-for-service system that encourages doctors and other caregivers to give lots of tests, individual treatments and to prescribe drugs, instead of keeping patients well. It’s not a new idea, but Moses says his team’s study shows it very clearly.“This is a very myopic country,” he said.“There are lessons to be learned from other countries. Chronic illness is where the misery is, it is where the money is and it is where the greatest opportunity lies.”
Moses and his team deliberately did not look at some of the changes outlined in the 2010 Affordable Care Act, widely known as Obamacare. Moses said some of the issues have become too politicized. But the law does try to encourage hospitals and caregivers to move away from a system that pays for individual procedures to one that rewards for keeping patients well, more could and should be done.
Forum Award

Decatur, GA

#32029 Nov 21, 2013
Doo wrote:
<quoted text>
And you are so dumb you need stay out of the rain. You might hold your nose up so high you would drown. When God gave out sense you must have been in the bathroom pooping your brains out.
Forum Award:

Congratulations! You've received a Forum Award!

Occasionally we encounter a post that is so brilliantly insightful and just dripping with absolute undeniable truth, that we have to recognize it as a "Post of the Day".

You post qualifies as such. Well done, sir. Well done. We here at the Forum Award Institute have checked our records and data-base analytics and found that they match perfectly with your empirical observations.

The conclusions you've reached are no longer just backed by observation and may from this date henceforth be considered scientific facts.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#32030 Nov 21, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, it just burns your butt that someone might make a choice that you don't approve of, that someone might make a choice based on a different set of parameters than what YOU consider paramount.
Personally, I can live with someone making a decision that effects their life based on parameters that are important to them. It's between them and their God, not me and mine, except you feel it's also between you and yours.
Lots of people make choices I "don't approve of", as long as they are not hurting anyone else - their business. But this is what you on the pro-abortion side simply will not accept - those of us who believe that baby in the womb is a baby at one week gestation, one month or nine months are the logically consistent ones in this argument. Those who choose an arbitrary "cut off" point that states "Prior to point x , it is a fetus or simply a 'product of conception'. After point x, it is a baby." are merely playing a semantics game because you know once the fallacy of your argument is understood, there is no more logical stance for you to take without simply admitting that any abortion, at any time is really your position. And to hell with the innocent child.

But given your post, I guess you would have been fine with the slave holders of the South. You may or may not have considered it wrong, but hey, that was between themselves and their god, right. You may or may not have considered slaves sub-human, but it wouldn't have mattered. Don't believe in abortion - don't have one. Don't believe in owning slaves - don't have one. Same thing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brunswick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Best Clubs in the Darien,Brunswick area (Jan '11) Wed a little curius 2
might be moving to Brunswick Oct 18 I used to live there 2
*Missing Person* Amber Whited (Jul '13) Oct 17 your wrong 8
Are you a Southern Democrat? Oct 16 voter 2
Did Morenos court order shut down Kingsland and... Oct 15 Cold War Warrior 5
The Red Carpet (Jul '13) Oct 15 HGN 3
Help in Woodbine!!!!!! Oct 15 Political Traveler 8
Brunswick Dating
Find my Match

Brunswick Jobs