Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
Informed Opinion

Bogotá, Colombia

#31647 Nov 16, 2013
one too many wrote:
The poor dawgs! Has there ever been a more snakebit team than them this year?
Usually I get to enjoy either the Gators or the Dawgs having a terrific year - but this year the Gators suck, and the Dawgs just can't buy a break.
Informed Opinion

Bogotá, Colombia

#31648 Nov 16, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>CB lives in the all or nothing make believe world of Leftist creation. It is the easiest way to ignore the common sense that the Right tries to bring to the table when it comes to fair and reasonable taxation and fair and reasonable regulation to use two of the most common areas of nonsense. If you try to argue that raising the income taxes on those in the top 10% who already pay over 70% of the national income tax - you are suddenly arguing that ALL taxes should be abolished. If you argue that Obama's EPA is trying to bankrupt the coal industry, you are suddenly falsely accused of wanting NO regulation of any kind. It's intellectually bankrupt, but it is typical of the Left.

Obama:
"So if somebody wants to build a coal-powered plant, they can. It’s just that it will bankrupt them because they’re going to be charged a huge sum for all that greenhouse gas that’s being emitted."
-Despite the fact they are using the latest technology available to limit those same gases.
Nice try.

No cigar - especially no Cuban.

CB has owned anyone who contested his posts because he deals with facts and reality. RWWs are forced to deal with a bankrupt ideology best demonstrated in the wake of 09/11, when Bush exhorted Americans to serve America by going shopping.

RWWs as best described by Christopher Hitchens

unusually incurious, abnormally unintelligent, amazingly inarticulate, fantastically uncultured, extraordinarily uneducated and apparently quite proud of all of these things.
Christopher Hitchens, Hardball with Chris Matthews (October 31, 2000). Retrieved on 2010-11-21.

RWWS just can't compete with CB.
Informed Opinion

Bogotá, Colombia

#31649 Nov 16, 2013
Laughing at U wrote:
<quoted text>Been hittin' the bong again, eh?
I bet if poor "How Now Brown Cow" would have a few tokes - He/She/It would find reality here on Earth.

It might counteract the hypoxia apparently present on Right Wing Wacko Planet.
now

Hiawassee, GA

#31651 Nov 17, 2013
Laughing at U wrote:
<quoted text>
Been hittin' the bong again, eh?

You are a sour humorless echo chamber.....

yours must be a miserable life....

now

Hiawassee, GA

#31652 Nov 17, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
CB lives in the all or nothing make believe world of Leftist creation. It is the easiest way to ignore the common sense that the Right tries to bring to the table when it comes to fair and reasonable taxation and fair and reasonable regulation to use two of the most common areas of nonsense. If you try to argue that raising the income taxes on those in the top 10% who already pay over 70% of the national income tax - you are suddenly arguing that ALL taxes should be abolished. If you argue that Obama's EPA is trying to bankrupt the coal industry, you are suddenly falsely accused of wanting NO regulation of any kind. It's intellectually bankrupt, but it is typical of the Left.
Obama:
"So if somebody wants to build a coal-powered plant, they can. It’s just that it will bankrupt them because they’re going to be charged a huge sum for all that greenhouse gas that’s being emitted."
-Despite the fact they are using the latest technology available to limit those same gases.

You are correct, see the above post by another day dreamer. A man who has never posted a fact, only a lot of suppositions with an overload of whining.....

ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

#31653 Nov 17, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice try.
No cigar - especially no Cuban.
CB has owned anyone who contested his posts because he deals with facts and reality. RWWs are forced to deal with a bankrupt ideology best demonstrated in the wake of 09/11, when Bush exhorted Americans to serve America by going shopping.
RWWs as best described by Christopher Hitchens
unusually incurious, abnormally unintelligent, amazingly inarticulate, fantastically uncultured, extraordinarily uneducated and apparently quite proud of all of these things.
Christopher Hitchens, Hardball with Chris Matthews (October 31, 2000). Retrieved on 2010-11-21.
RWWS just can't compete with CB.
Well said, IO.

It appears that BigDave is attempting to say that coal is not a dirty industry, at least on this side of the planet.

It appears that Aggie is trying to say that big-energy is just perfectly fine with being regulated and really cares about keeping our air and environment, they're only looking after our best interests and that mean old government is just being mean. She would have you believe that the coal-industry ISN'T actively trying to eliminate the governments ability to regulate it, or even investigate it for crimes.

Oddly enough, both of them are unintentionally, but quite directly, making a case that regulation is very much needed in the energy industry.

It's hardly worth the effort of replying to them, as proof of the fallacy of their positions has all been presented here before. They show no inclination at all to allow actual real-world facts to sway them from what they want to believe is true.

They just simply refuse to believe the blatant evidence that goes against their world view. Facts just don't sway these guys. You could quite accurately describe them as "unreasonable" in the literal sense - being without reason.

The only reason to reply to them would be the entertainment value of BigDave trying to tell me how coal is clean-energy, and to hear Aggie try to make the argument that big-energy has our best interests at heart, they're good people, just a bit misunderstood.
now

Hiawassee, GA

#31654 Nov 17, 2013

"Israel is working on coordinating plans for a possible military strike with Saudi Arabia, with Riyadh prepared to provide tactical support to Jerusalem, a British newspaper reported early Sunday.

The two countries have both united in worry that the West may come to terms with Iran, easing sanctions and allowing the Islamic Republic to continue its nuclear program.

According to the Sunday Times, Riyadh has agreed to let Israel use its airspace in a military strike on Iran and cooperate over the use of rescue helicopters, tanker planes and drones.

“The Saudis are furious and are willing to give Israel all the help it needs,” an unnamed diplomatic source told the paper."

http://www.timesofisrael.com/israel-said-to-b...

now

Hiawassee, GA

#31655 Nov 17, 2013
Their pants are on fire.......... their tongue has a mind of its own, they cannot control it.

Emulations from the dark side......

SEN. HARRY REID (D-Nev.):“In fact, one of our core principles is
that if you like the health care you have, you can keep it.”(Sen. Reid,
Congressional Record, S.8642, 8/3/09)

SEN. RICHARD DURBIN:“We believe — and we stand by this — if you like
your current health insurance plan, you will be able to keep it, plain
and simple, straightforward.”(Sen. Durbin, Congressional Record,
S.6401, 6/10/09)

SEN. CHUCK SCHUMER (D-NY):“If you like your insurance, you keep it.”(U.S. Senate, Finance Committee, Bill Mark-Up, 9/29/09)

SEN. PATTY MURRAY (D-Wash.):“Again, if you like what you have, you
will be able to keep it. Let me say this again: If you like what you
have, when our legislation is passed and signed by the President, you
will be able to keep it.”(Sen. Murray, Congressional Record, S.6400,

now

Hiawassee, GA

#31656 Nov 17, 2013

"Just this week, a former Federal Reserve officer admitted that this Administration’s big-government control of the economy has been an abject failure. Andrew Huszar, now of Rutgers Business School, wrote in The Wall Street Journal that “the Fed may have created and spent over $4 trillion for a total return of as little as 0.25% of GDP (i.e., a mere $40 billion bump in U.S. economic output). Both of those estimates indicate that QE [quantitative easing] isn’t really working.”

Remember shovel-ready? Crony-ready is more apt. Obama’s massive stimulus spending plan early in his Administration funneled money out of the real economy, where jobs are created among small businesses. Instead, his Administration gave multimillion-dollar projects to the politically connected, from labor unions to unproven green energy firms like Solyndra."

http://blog.heritage.org/2013/11/15/obama-kil...

now

Hiawassee, GA

#31657 Nov 17, 2013
Man with a wooden snout..........

"He jumped on the furniture, and kicked his golf bag so hard he snapped the shaft of his favorite putter.

Why was he so filled with rage?

Because, for the first time ever, he had been caught in his gollywhomper lies.

“Like your doctor? Keep your doctor. Period.”

“Like your healthcare plan? Keep your healthcare plan. Period.”

Being nailed as a “mis-spoken teller of incorrect truth” had caused the Prince of Hopenchange’s popularity and job approval ratings to plummet. Even his media lap dogs had turned against him. Instead of being cheered as the “Chosen One,” he was mocked and called “The Lying King,” and “President Pinocchio.”"

http://joeforamerica.com/2013/11/coming-soon-...

just sayin

Reidsville, GA

#31658 Nov 17, 2013
OMTE wrote:
Food for Thought: I wonder how many people have heard of Abby Johnson...? Abby Johnson used to work for Planned Parenthood... She was even named "Employee of the Year" in 2008... In 2009 she resigned... When she watched in horror, a baby being murdered by abortion via ultrasound... She now works for a pro-life organization called, Life Action... They do sting operations on Planned Parenthood clinics...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abby_Johnson_ (activist)
There are twenty-two states that have now passed laws requiring abortionists(baby murderers), to show women ultrasound images, before they are able to murder their ALIVE baby... These are images that have been proven to save baby's lives, as 70 to 90 percent of women that see these images of their baby, don't go through with the murder... If you want to help make it law, that baby murderers be forced to see the life they are killing, before they kill it.... These people can help...
http://prolifealliance.com/
End abortion on demand Today!
Thank-You.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
now

Hiawassee, GA

#31659 Nov 17, 2013

Obama playing ball..........

1.“And you know, I am very frustrated, but I’m also somebody who, if I fumble the ball, you know, I’m going to wait until I get the next play, and then I’m going to try to run as hard as I can and do right by the team. So, you know, ultimately I’m the head of this team. We did fumble the ball on it.”

Monday morning quarterbacking.....

2.“And one of the — you know, when I do some Monday morning quarterbacking on myself, one of the things that I do recognize is since I know that the federal government has not been good at this stuff in the past, two years ago as we were thinking about this…”

And now plays with ITunes....

3.“And you know, buying health insurance is never going to be like buying a song on iTunes. You know, it’s just a much more complicated transaction.”

now

Hiawassee, GA

#31660 Nov 17, 2013

while playing golf.....

4.“I am not a perfect man and I will not be a perfect president, but I’ll wake up every single day working as hard as I can on behalf of Americans out there from every walk of life who are working hard…”

now

Hiawassee, GA

#31661 Nov 17, 2013

hoping to change subjects......

5.“Roger — it’s his birthday, by the way. That’s not the reason you got a question, but I thought it was important to note that. Happy birthday.”
“Thank you, Mr. President. Back to health care…”

Look out! the man is a whiz.......

6.“…what we’re also discovering is that insurance is complicated to buy.”

But he didn't know anything about it right???

7.“There aren’t a lot of websites out there that have to help people compare their possible insurance options, verify income to find out what kind of tax credits they might get, communicate with those insurance companies so that they can purchase, make sure that all of it’s verified, right?”

now

Hiawassee, GA

#31662 Nov 17, 2013

ROFL,,,,,ETC.,,,,ETC.,,,,,,,RO FL,ETC,ETC....ROFL....

8.“And it’s important that we’re honest and straightforward in terms…”

ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

#31663 Nov 17, 2013
http://money.cnn.com/2013/06/24/pf/emergency-...

Roughly three-quarters of Americans are living paycheck-to-paycheck, with little to no emergency savings, according to a survey released by Bankrate.com Monday.

Fewer than one in four Americans have enough money in their savings account to cover at least six months of expenses, enough to help cushion the blow of a job loss, medical emergency or some other unexpected event, according to the survey of 1,000 adults. Meanwhile, 50% of those surveyed have less than a three-month cushion and 27% had no savings at all.

"It's disappointing," said Greg McBride, Bankrate.com 's senior financial analyst. "Nothing helps you sleep better at night than knowing you have money tucked away for unplanned expenses."

Even more disappointing; The savings rates have barely changed over the past three years, even though a larger percentage of consumers report an increase in job security, a higher net worth and an overall better financial situation.

Related: Ben Bernanke's power over your money

So why aren't Americans saving more?

Last week, online lender CashNetUSA said 22% of the 1,000 people it recently surveyed had less than $100 in savings to cover an emergency, while 46% had less than $800. After paying debts and taking care of housing, car and child care-related expenses, the respondents said there just isn't enough money left over for saving more.
silver foxx

Kittanning, PA

#31664 Nov 17, 2013
Oprah just won't hush. She's sounding like her black bro, Jamie Foxx, kill the white people & Amerca will be a better place. Making excuses for their King, Obama, being a failure. Let's blame the white people.
I now despise them both, they're the racists

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-25086...
now

Hiawassee, GA

#31665 Nov 17, 2013

I can change anything as long as I'm not responsible.....

9.“That’s what’s called a grandfather clause that was included in the law. Today we’re going to extend that principle both to people whose plans have changed since the law took effect and to people who bought plans since the law took effect.”

And now it's the second half, time for me to get back in the game. After all I'm am the quarterback
of this fumbling team and it was number 76's fault for the fumbles.....

10.“So again, you know, these are two fumbles on something that — on a big game which — but the game’s not over.”

just sayin

Reidsville, GA

#31666 Nov 17, 2013
now wrote:
"Just this week, a former Federal Reserve officer admitted that this Administration’s big-government control of the economy has been an abject failure. Andrew Huszar, now of Rutgers Business School, wrote in The Wall Street Journal that “the Fed may have created and spent over $4 trillion for a total return of as little as 0.25% of GDP (i.e., a mere $40 billion bump in U.S. economic output). Both of those estimates indicate that QE [quantitative easing] isn’t really working.”
Remember shovel-ready? Crony-ready is more apt. Obama’s massive stimulus spending plan early in his Administration funneled money out of the real economy, where jobs are created among small businesses. Instead, his Administration gave multimillion-dollar projects to the politically connected, from labor unions to unproven green energy firms like Solyndra."
http://blog.heritage.org/2013/11/15/obama-kil...
Now, now. Aren't you being a little hard on the all-seeing, all knowing bureaucrats? We should let the central planners run everything, after all just look at the stellar performances they have put forth. Take the Post Office, er bad example. OK. Amtrak, bankrupt you say? OK. Fannie, Freddie and Sallie... um OK, so they screwed everybody.
I;ve got it; the affordable care act. Doesn't work? Will cost ten times the original estimate?
I give up.
now

Hiawassee, GA

#31667 Nov 17, 2013

Where is Al Gore when I need him, he invented this dam thang.....

11.“My first and foremost obligation is to the American people, to make sure that they can get what’s there if we can just get the darn website working and smooth this thing out…”

Oh yes you are..........and yes you did.....

12.“You know, I’m accused of a lot of things, but I don’t think I’m stupid enough to go around saying, this is going to be like shopping on Amazon or Travelocity, a week before the website opens, if I thought that it wasn’t going to work.”

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brunswick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
nasty woman. you've been warned. Feb 18 Farrell Landon 2
What McIntosh/Darien does not want you to know (May '13) Feb 16 Well now 32
Part 12 Guy Heinze Jr. (May '10) Feb 15 Blue 1,221
i-95 accident (Mar '09) Feb 10 GodsPrincess2939 6
immigration issues Jan 30 Heywood 1
Brunswick for a family (Feb '16) Jan 22 Anonymous 3
Speed Trap along the I-95 corridor in Mcintosh ... (Nov '15) Jan '17 Anonymous 29

Brunswick Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Brunswick Mortgages