Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#31575 Nov 15, 2013
the real truth wrote:
<quoted text>
He said it because its the truth, and its the 1st time. Why don't you speak of the ratings that are much, much worse for the Republicans in the House and Senate and its not the first time or the last time. Are you blind in one eye and can't see out the other. Or just a simpleton with a loud mouth and a close mind flowing the heard.
Another thing that really bugs me, why are you so fixated on liberal or conservative politics?? Lots of us in the middle that just don't give a damn about political leanings, we just want our government to operate efficiently and do the will of the majority, who the hell ever that might be. And its NOT always about the current topic on talk radio and TV that's important. The Tea Party is a nasty bump in the road derailing all ideas, on either side. Its a damn shame, one you should be totally ashamed to be a part of.
NOT surprised that you STILL defend that worthless renegade.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#31576 Nov 15, 2013
Oh my wrote:
During the Sebelius hearing, Blackburn and other GOP members talked about letters constituents have received informing them that their policies will not be available next year. How could that be, they asked, when the president assured us four years ago that,ďIf you like your health care plan, you can keep your health care plan.Ē Blackburn, et al accused the president of being dishonest.

Obama should not have used those exact words. Thatís because one reason for the Affordable Care Act in the first place was to protect us from insurers all too willing to lure us into inadequate policies with slick marketing materials. Insurers have made billions in profits from selling such junk insurance, and people like Blackburn clearly want to get rid of the law that makes junk insurance illegal....
They "accused the president of being dishonest" because HE WAS dishonest. The wording used was discussed ad nauseum amongst the administration's policy advisors who recommended honesty and the political aides who were more worried about "selling" the policy. The political hacks won - obviously. Had Obama been honest, the ground swell against it would have been even greater.

And I see you are drinking the Koolaid and presuming -with nothing to back it up- that the policies being canceled were "junk" or substandard because Obama says so. Funny, there sure are a lot of people speaking out about how they liked their policies, chose them and want to keep them - and many of those people are speaking out because they are going through various medical ailments, including cancer, and now worry what will happen to their treatment schedules.

Location hidden

#31577 Nov 15, 2013
Santa Clause is coming wrote:
<quoted text>
.... BUT you want to allow insurance companies to write and sell insurance that's not worth the paper its written on and only covers a few visits to the doctors office. That's what the majority of the policies that were cancelled were, you do know that don't you?? Policies that were not up to specs and should not be allowed, its not the best deal for the person paying for them either!! So when they go to the hospital with a policy that won't pay for care WE pay. Either by higher premium costs or government pays, ain't no Santa Clause!!
ObamaCare is not going away, Elvis has left the building. It needs work and it will be fixed if the Tea Party will just go ahead and die. Its rotting away at the core, one day it will be gone.
And another Obamabot who doesn't have the sense to realize that "one size fits all" policies will not bring down the cost of healthcare - it can only increase it. Why do you think Obamacare requires 60 year old couples to have insurance that will cover birth control and maternity costs?- because it runs up the cost of the policy. They HAVE TO mandate coverage people don't need in order to bump the cost up to pay for the da_n system. How do you know the policies being cancelled were not "worth the paper its written on" or "were not up to specs"? Just another liberal who thinks people don't have the sense to know what is best for them. The nanny govt knows best. You on the Left keep ignoring the fact that these were RESPONSIBLE people who HAD insurance - until Obamacare that is. Just keep drinking your Koolaid. Thank goodness for the Tea Party types.
now

Mount Airy, GA

#31578 Nov 15, 2013
General Robert E Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
You're not finance or economics major, are you?

No, I am not....
Santa Clause is coming

Dahlonega, GA

#31579 Nov 15, 2013
now wrote:
"DEMS TURN ON OBAMACARE."
These poloticos must have been influenced by the Koch brothers and the Tea Party. There is no other explanation....
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/nov/...
So much about so little. I may not be exact, but the big number of Dems that voted with the Tea Party is ONLY 5 or 6 more than voted with the Republicans on the Health Care bill to start with. Its just getting a lot of play on conservative talk. I guess they have nothing else to talk about, and 5 or 6 votes in the house is NOTHING.

You do know that gas in this country even at todays price is a bargain compared to the rest of the world, don't you?(not counting some oil nations that almost give it to there people) Politician's try their best to artificially keep the price down, votes are cheap to buy when they are spending o.p.m. & they are real good at that. Its fairly easy for any party to push down prices around election time if they plan it right. Nothing gets to the middle class as fast as gas prices going down.
Go buy some gold its a great investment, your are so smart, I bet you are rich and probably know the Koch brothers personally. Or are you just all talk??
I'm bettin on ALL talk and very little else. Your brain is turning brown, and starting to really smell.
the real truth

Dahlonega, GA

#31580 Nov 15, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
They "accused the president of being dishonest" because HE WAS dishonest. The wording used was discussed ad nauseum amongst the administration's policy advisors who recommended honesty and the political aides who were more worried about "selling" the policy. The political hacks won - obviously. Had Obama been honest, the ground swell against it would have been even greater.
And I see you are drinking the Koolaid and presuming -with nothing to back it up- that the policies being canceled were "junk" or substandard because Obama says so. Funny, there sure are a lot of people speaking out about how they liked their policies, chose them and want to keep them - and many of those people are speaking out because they are going through various medical ailments, including cancer, and now worry what will happen to their treatment schedules.
I really think the misconception is due to your lack of diversity in your life. Listening or watching programing that's funded by advertisers on strictly conservative TV or radio gives you a very slanted view of the world. Its best to look at all sides and then form your own opinion based more on fact than beliefs.

That's one thing I don't understand about all this hoopla around "keeping your own policy". I remember distinctly hearing discussion about policies that don't meet minimum requirements. Those people could go to the exchange and get a policy that meets minimum requirements and more than likely qualify for assistance and get real insurance for a little more. Seems a lot of folks either forgot or just missed it, thatís old news. Or itís just a good chance for conservativeís to call Obama a liar again.

As for the part about all these people who are speaking up and getting cancelled while getting treatment, that's a mirage.

Obama lies, imagine that, all politicians lie, its what they have to do to get elected. If you are a secretary, you have to type to keep your job, same principal.
the real truth

Dahlonega, GA

#31581 Nov 15, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
NOT surprised that you STILL defend that worthless renegade.
Not surprised that you did not defend the indefensible, the Tea Party and Republicans in Congress.

Just more amazingly stupid comments, I didn't defend anyone. Just pointed out the similarities between the two.
Laughing at U

Blairsville, GA

#31582 Nov 15, 2013
just sayin wrote:
<quoted text>100% correct, but you know that the obamazombies will vilify you for telling the truth.
I suggest that anyone that voted for der leader the second time around be banned from the polls for life, that hey no longer be allowed to speak and/or comment on anything in public ever again. Perhaps we can organize to destroy the reputations of all lefties(shouldn't be too hard, they have already done all of the work) and send them to the gulag.
Of course that last paragraph was not serious, but it is a reflection of what the progressives, those poor, naive utopians have in mind for anyone that dares to oppose der leader.
Hey, at least "Obamazombies" was a cute line. That's something, I suppose...
now

Mount Airy, GA

#31583 Nov 15, 2013
General Robert E Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
You do know that we are not on the gold standard, correct. The gas to gold comparison only goes to show the values of these items respective to each other. It is not able to be used to prove the fluctuation in the value of the dollar.

You are correct with the first sentence, and as such has no impact on the value of the dollar.

However, a dollar is a dollar, and loses value every day. And my post was in response to the poster saying gold is useless(my paraphrase word.) When in fact any investment, whether the stock market, gold or any other exchangeable product of value, when held over time will beat out inflation every time. Just dont sell in a down slope.$100 in 1963 purchasing commodity power now requires appox $842 for the same purchasing commodity power..

Your last sentence is a jumble, whether pertaining to gold or stocks, in regards to valuation increase for each item...as an ounce of gold purchased in 1963 for $36 an ounce can be sold for a little less than the value of $1280 in 2013, while a dollar is still a dollar, and you cannot trade it in for 2 dollars. But folks might give you 90 cents for it if you offer to sell 1,000 or 10,000 of them.
The whole of my post was to show the devaluation of the dollar over time, while gold increased in value over time.
True, both gold(one ounce) and stocks(one share) prices reflect inflation, whereas one needs more dollars to keep with with inflation, and they dont increase in value if you hold them for any length of time...

now

Mount Airy, GA

#31584 Nov 15, 2013
<quoted text>
So much about so little. I may not be exact, but the big number of Dems that voted with the Tea Party is ONLY 5 or 6 more than voted with the Republicans on the Health Care bill to start with. Its just getting a lot of play on conservative talk. I guess they have nothing else to talk about, and 5 or 6 votes in the house is NOTHING.
You do know that gas in this country even at todays price is a bargain compared to the rest of the world, don't you?(not counting some oil nations that almost give it to there people) Politician's try their best to artificially keep the price down, votes are cheap to buy when they are spending o.p.m. & they are real good at that. Its fairly easy for any party to push down prices around election time if they plan it right. Nothing gets to the middle class as fast as gas prices going down.
Go buy some gold its a great investment, your are so smart, I bet you are rich and probably know the Koch brothers personally. Or are you just all talk??
I'm bettin on ALL talk and very little else. Your brain is turning brown, and starting to really smell.

you're wrong again ugly eve, as usual......your just rambling....
Nancy (you can read it after passage) crammed it down the throat of the house......

Location hidden

#31585 Nov 15, 2013
the real truth wrote:
<quoted text>
I really think the misconception is due to your lack of diversity in your life. Listening or watching programing that's funded by advertisers on strictly conservative TV or radio gives you a very slanted view of the world. Its best to look at all sides and then form your own opinion based more on fact than beliefs.
That's one thing I don't understand about all this hoopla around "keeping your own policy". I remember distinctly hearing discussion about policies that don't meet minimum requirements. Those people could go to the exchange and get a policy that meets minimum requirements and more than likely qualify for assistance and get real insurance for a little more. Seems a lot of folks either forgot or just missed it, thatís old news. Or itís just a good chance for conservativeís to call Obama a liar again.
As for the part about all these people who are speaking up and getting cancelled while getting treatment, that's a mirage.
Obama lies, imagine that, all politicians lie, its what they have to do to get elected. If you are a secretary, you have to type to keep your job, same principal.
I just love how the Left presumes to know SO MUCH about those who disagree with them. It can't POSSIBLY be that perhaps the person that doesn't agree with them knows more about the subject than they do or might possibly have more experience with a situation than they do. Oh, no - if one doesn't agree they must "lack diversity in their life" - that's a new one. You ideologues are SO predictable.

And here we go again, just who is deciding what constitutes those "minimum requirements". The Left just has to ignore that people made informed choices about what insurance was best for them. No, those poor benighted people just DON"T KNOW WHAT"S GOOD FOR THEM. Sometimes you people just make me sick.
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

#31586 Nov 15, 2013
I have to disagree with this post. Sorry Santa.
<quoted text>
Most of the post is spot on, but I don't think he's rich and knows the Kochs. I think he lives in a run-down shack on a dirt road out in the woods where nobody ever comes to visit. He just inadvertently is doing the Kochs bidding by being a willing propaganda-slurper. Other than that, you nailed it.
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

#31587 Nov 15, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, those poor benighted people just DON"T KNOW WHAT"S GOOD FOR THEM.
Somebody in America is buying Snuggies and Sham-Wows. A lot of people in America watch Jersey Shore, listen to Glen Beck, drive Suburbans for no other purpose than to move a 120lb body, don't know who their representative is, and don't understand turn signals. A full 46% of Americans don't believe in evolution although there is no reasonable argument against the overwhelming evidence.

http://nypost.com/2013/10/08/us-adults-are-du...

A whole lot of people DON'T know what's good for them.

Location hidden

#31588 Nov 15, 2013
ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
A whole lot of people DON'T know what's good for them.
And that's how we got Obama for another 4 years.
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

#31589 Nov 15, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
And that's how we got Obama for another 4 years.
As opposed to what?

Romney who can't take care of a dog, who had a budget any 5-year old could tell you wouldn't work, who outright claimed he didn't care about 47% of America, wanted to kill medicaid, and lower taxes on the wealthiest while raising taxes on the middle-class through means he never did admit to? The guy who claimed Iran needed Syria to get to the sea? The guy whose supporters cheered the idea of uninsured people dying? The guy who thinks "number of boats" is the way to assess a modern Navy? The guy who's running mate Paul Ryan wanted to turn America into his vision of a utopian Ayn Rand's Galt's Gulch for the wealthy?

The guy who went to Europe and ticked off our strongest ally the minute he got there?

That's what you wish for? The only thing that could POSSIBLY have been worse is if I'm mistaken and what you're referring to is the McCain/Palin ticket.

Be thankful enough people did vote for Obama to keep him out of office. Be appreciative there are adults around to save you from yourself.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#31590 Nov 15, 2013
the real truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Not surprised that you did not defend the indefensible, the Tea Party and Republicans in Congress.
Just more amazingly stupid comments, I didn't defend anyone. Just pointed out the similarities between the two.
You are an Obamabot of the highest order. Why would I even give your divel ANY serious consideration?.
now

Mount Airy, GA

#31591 Nov 16, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
You are an Obamabot of the highest order. Why would I even give your divel ANY serious consideration?.

He feels(that hopey, changey, feely thing) he can impress you as he does the Butt.
It's easy to impress libroids; just say you voted for Obama, or you are gay, or say my money is your money, or I believe in evolution, or abortion is good for the soul and the country, or I vote democrat no matter what, or I'm dumb and you should be also, or I'm a union person, or the easy one, I'm from the northeast or a big city and we run this country.....

Jamine Arus

Dawsonville, GA

#31592 Nov 16, 2013
ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
As opposed to what?
Romney who can't take care of a dog, who had a budget any 5-year old could tell you wouldn't work, who outright claimed he didn't care about 47% of America, wanted to kill medicaid, and lower taxes on the wealthiest while raising taxes on the middle-class through means he never did admit to? The guy who claimed Iran needed Syria to get to the sea? The guy whose supporters cheered the idea of uninsured people dying? The guy who thinks "number of boats" is the way to assess a modern Navy? The guy who's running mate Paul Ryan wanted to turn America into his vision of a utopian Ayn Rand's Galt's Gulch for the wealthy?
The guy who went to Europe and ticked off our strongest ally the minute he got there?
That's what you wish for? The only thing that could POSSIBLY have been worse is if I'm mistaken and what you're referring to is the McCain/Palin ticket.
Be thankful enough people did vote for Obama to keep him out of office. Be appreciative there are adults around to save you from yourself.
You very funny man. You must ride your camel backwards. Ha Ha

Most peoples like to laugh at Obama BECASUE HE VERY FUNNY MAN TOO mOST LEADERS in other countries like to laugh at him and make fun of him all the time. ha ha ha

You have funny name and does that mean?
now

Mount Airy, GA

#31593 Nov 16, 2013

"Officials from the Philippines are blaming climate change for the ferocity of Typhoon Haiyan, and demanding that climate negotiators get serious in WarsawÖ If wealthy nations donít come through with significant funding, hopes of meaningful global climate cooperation could be doomed.

Translation: Western nations must attack their poor and middle class with higher energy prices and send money to poorer countries. But donít worry, we arenít going to let our nations build a middle class either. The poor are easier to manage by government experts."

http://joeforamerica.com/2013/11/philippines-...

“Marble Man”

Since: Jul 11

Dallas, GA

#31595 Nov 16, 2013
now wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct with the first sentence, and as such has no impact on the value of the dollar.
However, a dollar is a dollar, and loses value every day. And my post was in response to the poster saying gold is useless(my paraphrase word.) When in fact any investment, whether the stock market, gold or any other exchangeable product of value, when held over time will beat out inflation every time. Just dont sell in a down slope.$100 in 1963 purchasing commodity power now requires appox $842 for the same purchasing commodity power..
Your last sentence is a jumble, whether pertaining to gold or stocks, in regards to valuation increase for each item...as an ounce of gold purchased in 1963 for $36 an ounce can be sold for a little less than the value of $1280 in 2013, while a dollar is still a dollar, and you cannot trade it in for 2 dollars. But folks might give you 90 cents for it if you offer to sell 1,000 or 10,000 of them.
The whole of my post was to show the devaluation of the dollar over time, while gold increased in value over time.
True, both gold(one ounce) and stocks(one share) prices reflect inflation, whereas one needs more dollars to keep with with inflation, and they dont increase in value if you hold them for any length of time...
They (dollars) don't increase in value at all when the presses printing them are working three shifts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brunswick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Power outage (Mar '07) Sun Teacher 2
Rupert Blackman has AIDs Dec 17 me2youlol 3
Looking for info on Felisha Ponsell Dec 17 me2youlol 4
Georgia hospital losing $2 million a year in mi... Dec 17 northernboy62 1
Miles Crews Dec 2 just wondering 1
Teacher at MCA Dec 2 just wondering 1
Camden County arrests 14 registered sex offende... Nov 27 LonePalm Sux 8
Brunswick Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web