Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
We The People

Keller, TX

#31518 Nov 14, 2013
Go to bed!
now

Hiawassee, GA

#31519 Nov 14, 2013

Obama played the devil with th insurance industry, no the pharmaceutical industry wants their piece of the pie........

"But it’s hard not to believe that the Wikileaks revelations will galvanize opposition among the other prospective members of the pact. It’s hard for democratic countries to agree to a deal that has been revealed will kill their citizens in order to enrich America’s Big Pharma incumbents. And that statement is not an exaggeration. Wikileaks disclosed the end of August version (apparently two drafts behind current text) of the intellectual property chapter, which includes the section on drugs and surgical procedures.

The intent is to strengthen America’s aggressive patent regime and require foreign countries to comply with it. For instance, the FDA considers minor changes in existing drugs, such as developing an extended release version so that a medication need be taking only once a day, to be a “new drug application” and will extend patents based on that. The draft also would severely limit the use of generics. Higher prices will restrict drug use and is certain to have adverse health consequences for some, potentially many, citizens. And although people overseas will suffer the greatest consequences, Americans will be affected as well. As Public Citizen wrote,“The U.S. Trade Representative (USTR) has proposed measures harmful to access to affordable medicines that have not been seen before in U.S. trade agreements,”"

http://www.blacklistednews.com/Wikileaks_Disc...

now

Hiawassee, GA

#31520 Nov 14, 2013

"The Federal Reserve is creating hundreds of billions of dollars out of thin air and using that money to buy U.S. government debt and mortgage-backed securities and take them out of circulation."

http://www.blacklistednews.com/The_Federal_Re...

Moronic Really

Blairsville, GA

#31521 Nov 14, 2013
just sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Blah, blah, blah, it's Bush's fault, blah, blah, neo cons, blah, blah blah....
Grow up.
Just can't stand the truth, can you? Ooops, there is no truth on Right Wing Wacko Planet.
now

Hiawassee, GA

#31522 Nov 14, 2013

"Report: U.S. ethanol mandate destroying environment"

http://www.wnd.com/2013/11/report-u-s-ethanol...

Moronic Really

Blairsville, GA

#31523 Nov 14, 2013
ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I've been known to let a curse word slip from time to time. So sue me. Usually it only happens when I encounter stupidity of overwhelming magnitude, or a downright liar. Since you've managed to combine both of those - you get the words you deserve.
Try an honest conversation without being a moron and a liar, you'll get a whole different side of me. See how that works? You get to choose what kind of response you'll get from me.
I love it!!!

"STUPIDITY OF OVERWHELMING MAGNITUDE"

You get the line of the month award!!
Moronic Really

Blairsville, GA

#31524 Nov 14, 2013
Bill in Dville wrote:
Well, another TV and/or movie star "gets it":
http://www.ijreview.com/2013/11/94028-another...
Yeah, isn't that the same star that had sex with a 16 year old in Atlanta?? Yep, just love your heroes.
now

Hiawassee, GA

#31525 Nov 14, 2013

"MIKE MCCAUL: The long and short of it is, the leadership starts at the top. And when the leadership denies reality and tries to wish things away, and creates a narrative that defies reality its very hard to work in a bipartisan way. At the end of the day, national security issues above all should be bipartisan. I have attempted to govern my committee, as chairman of Homeland Security in a bipartisan way. In fact every bill that I’ve gotten out of my committee has passed in a bipartisan way, and I think that’s the way we need to govern. I think that’s important that we try to do that. Certainly, when it comes to national security issues we should. I just personally think this president is weak on national security, and I don’t think frankly he’s interested in it. It’s not where his interest lies, which is why he doesn’t attend many of his national security briefings."

A pathetic, pathetic, president....

Informed Opinion

Bogotá, Colombia

#31527 Nov 14, 2013
Moronic Really wrote:
<quoted text>Just can't stand the truth, can you? Ooops, there is no truth on Right Wing Wacko Planet.
No truth, no facts, and no history.

It makes living in RWW "opposite world" much easier.

“Registered Conservative”

Since: Jul 11

Draketown, GA

#31528 Nov 15, 2013
As the only socially transformational legislation in modern American history to be enacted on a straight party-line vote, Obamacare is wholly owned by the Democrats. Its unraveling would catastrophically undermine their underlying ideology of ever-expansive central government providing cradle-to-grave care for an ever-grateful citizenry.

For four years, this debate has been theoretical. Now it’s real. And for Democrats, it’s a disaster.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/charle...
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#31529 Nov 15, 2013
just sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
I see. So you do favor altering the constitution to allow for religious tests and you get to be the arbiter of who is capable of studying science with an open mind. I get it.
There is no need to alter the Constitution it currently contains all the tools needed to deal with ignorant yahoos. What so many on the right fail to understand is that along with the Freedom of Speech comes the Freedom of Reply. So, everytime an ignorant yahoo shares their ignorance with the world, other folks get to point out that ignorance. You can see this process at work in this very forum, in fact, in this very reply.

Thanks for playing.
Zoro

Blue Ridge, GA

#31530 Nov 15, 2013
now wrote:
"The Federal Reserve is creating hundreds of billions of dollars out of thin air and using that money to buy U.S. government debt and mortgage-backed securities and take them out of circulation."
http://www.blacklistednews.com/The_Federal_Re...
Your right the printing money around the clock they are robbing americas people how ? inflation our money is going to be worthless that's the reason they quit using gold an silver standards an don't wont to go back to it headed for a collapse not if but when.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#31531 Nov 15, 2013
Grassroots, no astroturf...

Radio Insider Reveals Devastating Impact of StopRush on Clear Channel
THU NOV 14, 2013 AT 01:22 PM PST
by ProgLegs
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/11/14/1255...

Buried deep in the comments on a Wednesday blog article about the cancellation of the Randi Rhodes Show, a radio industry insider revealed the devastating impact of the 18 month-old StopRush movement on Rush Limbaugh's advertising power. The station employee confirms that the siege by online activists has left Premiere Radio unable to attract legitimate advertisers to what was once radio's most lucrative advertising platform:

Uch. If you had any idea how much of my day is spent loading up PSAs and crappy MAB commercials to cover up the commercials of actual advertisers bailing from the Rush Limbaugh show. The only paying customers left are the flotsom and jetsom of the ad barrel; every scam website, colon blow medication, phony tax restoration outfits and erectile dysfunction herbs...
the real truth

Dawsonville, GA

#31532 Nov 15, 2013
Synergy wrote:
The liberals are worried about the 2014 elections. Nothing more. That is why Obama swallowed his pride and actually spoke to his subjects today. What a deceitful renegade.
After the 2014 elections, IF the liberals pick up more congressional seats, Katy bar the door. You ain't seen nothin', yet.
I can't believe it! Even 'ole George Stephanopoulos reported that for the FIRST time, a majority of the U.S. citizens do not think Obama is trustworthy. YA THINK??????????
Must have just about killed 'ole George.
He said it because its the truth, and its the 1st time. Why don't you speak of the ratings that are much, much worse for the Republicans in the House and Senate and its not the first time or the last time. Are you blind in one eye and can't see out the other. Or just a simpleton with a loud mouth and a close mind flowing the heard.

Another thing that really bugs me, why are you so fixated on liberal or conservative politics?? Lots of us in the middle that just don't give a damn about political leanings, we just want our government to operate efficiently and do the will of the majority, who the hell ever that might be. And its NOT always about the current topic on talk radio and TV that's important. The Tea Party is a nasty bump in the road derailing all ideas, on either side. Its a damn shame, one you should be totally ashamed to be a part of.

United States

#31533 Nov 15, 2013
Oh my wrote:
Grassroots, no astroturf...
Radio Insider Reveals Devastating Impact of StopRush on Clear Channel
THU NOV 14, 2013 AT 01:22 PM PST
by ProgLegs
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/11/14/1255...
Buried deep in the comments on a Wednesday blog article about the cancellation of the Randi Rhodes Show, a radio industry insider revealed the devastating impact of the 18 month-old StopRush movement on Rush Limbaugh's advertising power. The station employee confirms that the siege by online activists has left Premiere Radio unable to attract legitimate advertisers to what was once radio's most lucrative advertising platform:
Uch. If you had any idea how much of my day is spent loading up PSAs and crappy MAB commercials to cover up the commercials of actual advertisers bailing from the Rush Limbaugh show. The only paying customers left are the flotsom and jetsom of the ad barrel; every scam website, colon blow medication, phony tax restoration outfits and erectile dysfunction herbs...
This proves the three axioms of what a plumber needs to know.
billy bob

Dawsonville, GA

#31534 Nov 15, 2013
Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>Your right the printing money around the clock they are robbing americas people how ? inflation our money is going to be worthless that's the reason they quit using gold an silver standards an don't wont to go back to it headed for a collapse not if but when.
The love of gold is a joke. Taking into account inflation gold is worth about what it was 50 years ago. A hedge against inflation its not, something you can go to the store and buy a gallon of milk its not. It more akin to baseball cards than hard currency. It's a huge money maker of all the back door gold sellers and buyers feeding on the not so smart. That's why you see so many gold and silver ads on the Rush show and FNC.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#31535 Nov 15, 2013
Where are all the Lefties who were blasting away at Cruz for wanting to defund Obamacare? They kept arguing and arguing that "Obamacare was Constitutionally passed by both Houses and signed by the President, it's the law, don't try to circumvent the law, etc, etc" or words to that effect.(While, of course, ignoring the fact that Cruz was arguing for LEGISLATION to defund Obamacare LEGALLY.)

Well, now Obama is ONCE AGAIN, making illegal changes to the law HE WANTED and acting as though he has that power. Wrongo, bucko. The executive branch cannot by fiat change what has been legislatively passed and signed into law. Of course, he's been doing it all along with the various waivers he has been giving to his buddies, but when will someone finally make a legal challenge to all his efforts to perform CPR on this disaster.

Repeal the da_n thing and learn from all the mistakes that have played out over the last 3 years. Then let people who actually have a clue about the healthcare system come up with proposals on how to help those who don't have insurance.
And keep the bureaucrats out of it - okay, unfortunately that last is NEVER gonna happen.
ChicknButt

Norcross, GA

#31536 Nov 15, 2013
Aggie -

There's just so much wrong with your post. I just don't have the time to respond in the way it deserves.

In short - America needs better health care. The capitalistic health-care vultures have a few problems of their own. There are models of better health care systems out there. Dozens and dozens of countries have cheaper, more equitable and better value health care systems. We aren't even getting our money's worth out of our current health care system, you'd think a conservative would care about that at least. Sure, the rollout of ObamaCare hasn't been ideal - but that's all temporary, and to a small degree to be expected. That doesn't change the fact that it's moving in the right direction, and will help millions of people as it moves ahead.

You're ever a proponent for small government. In fact, you're a proponent for such small government that there's nothing in-between large corporations steam-rolling over the average Joe.

That has always been the wet dream of the men financing all of the right-wing propaganda. That leads to the question - Why do you love the Koch Brothers so much? What have they ever done for you? It's obvious that their goals aren't good for anybody except billionaire polluters who want to "win" the end-game of capitalism.

Why do you hate the middle-class, average Joe America? Why do you want them to all be disposal serfs to industrialists in a coal-black post-capitalism landscape that used to be America?

Since: Sep 13

Columbus, GA

#31537 Nov 15, 2013
Living in the real world, waiting to see the next big thing fail. I can't wait to see how high the national debt climbs after this "National health care" things is paid into. Tell me geniuses, where are the premiums going? Since you know everything, tell me how the money paid into this Obamacare will be distributed. And just what happens to those of us who don't sign up for it? We get a measly fine? Are they going to arrest all of us? Or will they just turn us away and let us die in piles in the hospital parking lots? This, as well as other ventures that didn't benefit the wealthy, will come to pass as well.

Remember "Gasahol"? Yeah, the big oil companies didn't like that, so it was quickly erased. Gee, I wonder what the one guy's name was that led that fight. Oh yeah, it was George something.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#31539 Nov 15, 2013
ChicknButt wrote:
Aggie -
There's just so much wrong with your post. I just don't have the time to respond in the way it deserves.
In short - America needs better health care. The capitalistic health-care vultures have a few problems of their own. There are models of better health care systems out there. Dozens and dozens of countries have cheaper, more equitable and better value health care systems. We aren't even getting our money's worth out of our current health care system, you'd think a conservative would care about that at least. Sure, the rollout of ObamaCare hasn't been ideal - but that's all temporary, and to a small degree to be expected. That doesn't change the fact that it's moving in the right direction, and will help millions of people as it moves ahead.
You're ever a proponent for small government. In fact, you're a proponent for such small government that there's nothing in-between large corporations steam-rolling over the average Joe.
That has always been the wet dream of the men financing all of the right-wing propaganda. That leads to the question - Why do you love the Koch Brothers so much? What have they ever done for you? It's obvious that their goals aren't good for anybody except billionaire polluters who want to "win" the end-game of capitalism.
Why do you hate the middle-class, average Joe America? Why do you want them to all be disposal serfs to industrialists in a coal-black post-capitalism landscape that used to be America?
And there is so much wrong with YOUR response that I also do not have time to do it justice.

One of the real problems with Obamacare is it ALMOST makes one defend insurance companies. I have never claimed our healthcare system was perfect, but it was the best available. But there are absolutely improvements that could and should be made without putting it under government control - which will only insure (no pun intended) higher costs and lesser quality of healthcare for ALL. We are already seeing the incontrovertible evidence right before our eyes. Higher premiums, higher deductibles, the loss of plans that people chose for themselves and WANTED.

And then you go right into Left wing Lala land. Small government becomes a license for "steamrolling" and "polluting" - it is not an all or nothing scenario, but that is how the Left consistently tries to frame the argument - it is lazy and intellectually bankrupt.

And then there is this obsession with the Koch Bros.- give it a rest, or at least be consistent and start ranting about George Soros if you want to talk about someone who manipulates economies for his own profit to the detriment of millions.

If you want to look at who is hurting middle class Joe, just look in the mirror - you're the problem as long as you keep electing big government Leftists.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brunswick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What McIntosh/Darien does not want you to know (May '13) Jul 9 Nteri 26
Mcintosh/Darien CROOKED RACIST COPS (May '13) Jul 8 LELEDAWN 58
Part 12 Guy Heinze Jr. (May '10) Jul 6 Udhruc 1,202
Divorce Attorney Jun '16 Jail The Ho 2
Judge Jean Bolin (May '12) Jun '16 Meth-intosh Busted 12
Speed Trap along the I-95 corridor in Mcintosh ... (Nov '15) Jun '16 Mcintrash Finest 8
companies Jun '16 the local hog hun... 1

Brunswick Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Brunswick Mortgages