Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia in 2010?

Posted in the Brunswick Forum

Comments (Page 1,475)

Showing posts 29,481 - 29,500 of39,280
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2013

Judged:

General Robert E Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
Who told you that about everybody who owns a gun?
If I'm not mistaken, I think that was BigDave about a week ago.
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just the benefits of letting a bunch of gangster thugs walk around with guns. How many actually had FBI approved gun carry permits?
Probably none. Are you saying it would be better if all weapons were permitted? Would you go as far as saying it would be better that gun owners had proof of safety and handling certification before being allowed to own or register a weapon?
Aggie23 wrote:
@CB
odds are, the guns were illegally obtained, but until we know, your derogatory comments towards legal gun owners were unfounded.
Your statements contradict each other, Aggie.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least that the weapons were illegally obtained. How are weapons illegally obtained? Usually through theft from legal gun owners. Having laws that required safe storage could drastically reduce illegal guns on the market. Would you be in favor of laws like that, Aggie?

But - if the guns were illegally obtained through theft, then my comments towards legal gun owners is NOT unfounded. Those gun owners are responsible for the supply of illegal weapons through careless storage and handling.

THAT is something we can do something about as a society.
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2013

Judged:

General Robert E Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
He was just "baiting" or "stating" that private ownership of guns is the single greatest symbol of individual power, and therefore is despised by Liberals.
I don't have a problem at all with private ownership of guns.

I DO have a problem with elementary school kids being shot, and high-school kids being shot, and college students being shot, and people ice-skating being shot, and congresswomen being shot.

I do have a problem with Tea Party congresswomen leaving their AR-15's sitting in an opened garage unattended. I have a problem with 18-year old babysitters taking a nap leaving a weapon on the coffee table while a 4-year old plays Russian Roulette with it.

I promote the idea of RESPONSIBLE gun ownership. Seriously responsible gun ownership.

Why do YOU feel the need to go to extremes? I think we should hold weapon-owners to a higher degree of safety and storage standards than we do now.

Why does that mean I hate gun owners?

You idiots are too much. You really are all about being enraged after hearing Rush and Glen Beck and other crap, rather than being intelligent reasonable citizens looking for responsible solutions to very real-word problems. You really are a huge part of the very problems you rave on about.

Since: Jul 12

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2013

ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
If I'm not mistaken, I think that was BigDave about a week ago.
<quoted text>
Probably none. Are you saying it would be better if all weapons were permitted? Would you go as far as saying it would be better that gun owners had proof of safety and handling certification before being allowed to own or register a weapon?
<quoted text>
Your statements contradict each other, Aggie.
It wouldn't surprise me in the least that the weapons were illegally obtained. How are weapons illegally obtained? Usually through theft from legal gun owners. Having laws that required safe storage could drastically reduce illegal guns on the market. Would you be in favor of laws like that, Aggie?
But - if the guns were illegally obtained through theft, then my comments towards legal gun owners is NOT unfounded. Those gun owners are responsible for the supply of illegal weapons through careless storage and handling.
THAT is something we can do something about as a society.

I didn't say that all gun owners should be permitted. Since these people were out of their homes and out at a party then they should have carry permits if they are carrying a gun. It would be better if people that purchased a gun took safety lessons and learned the proper use of firearms. I don't think it should be mandatory. Frankly it is in the best interest of the firearm user to be sure that he or she can shoot well enough to protect themselves. Most of these people are not thugs and criminals.
That is your style to blame the innocent gun owner for some criminal breaking into their home and stealing a gun. It isn't the criminals fault but the gun owner. Even gun safes are not criminal proof. If you have a gun safe be assured that the criminals will know that there are some pretty neat guns in there and bust it open. What about break ins of gun stores, national guard armories, and even a report that guns were stolen from the FBI. Your thinking is warped.
I guess that you do not own a gun to protect yourself and your family. Well do you and if you do are you special?
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2013

Judged:

Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
It would be beautifully ironic if Obama doomed his own ultimate goal of single payer through his arrogance with Obamacare.
John Wayne once famously said "I didn't vote for him, but he's my President and I hope he does a good job."

Rush Limbaugh once famously said "I hope he fails."
----------
Let's be a bit reasonable here. Have the Republicans done anything to try and make the PP-ACU fail?

Many Republican dominated states have refused to open their own exchanges with the strategic intention of placing a higher burden on healthcare.gov .

Many Republican dominated states refuse to take advantage of the expanded Medicaid, leaving millions still uninsured, purely for spite. It's downright immoral.

----------
The website has been a fiasco. There's no denying that it doesn't work well. The website is not ObamaCare, however. The website can and will be fixed. But let's not lose site of the fact that a website that requires that kind of complexity and needs to serve that many people is a monumental undertaking. Obama didn't stay up nights coding at the Resolute Desk, government contractors did. Is there ANYBODY that thinks government contractors are known for doing a good job? If anything, this should open up discussions about the government contracting out to private corporations that do horrible jobs? Wait!

I thought private enterprise always did a better job! That's what you always hear from republicans. Maybe if these for-profit private enterprise guys are so monumentally screwed-up, it should open the door to the conversation of why we would even consider letting them oversee our nations healthcare.
----------
In the long-term, once the problems are ironed out, ObamaCare will work just fine, just as social security did, and medicaid and other programs. It's a small-minded person that doesn't understand the size and scope of what's being accomplished here, and why it's being attempted.
now

Jefferson, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2013

Judged:

Aggie23 wrote:
@CB
What was the point of your posts about the shootings? As far as I can tell, no one has been arrested, so no one knows who the shooters are - odds are, the guns were illegally obtained, but until we know, your derogatory comments towards legal gun owners were unfounded.

He thinks he's a Splash painter(look it up), throw enough paint on the wall and folks will fall all over themselves to buy his sorry product of gun conrol. However we do know tag along jeb, IO, and the Laughing emulator will suck it up....for the asking price, no questions asked...not even if it's not authentic....

libroids will buy into any mish-mash, or splish splash..

ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2013

Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
It would be better if people that purchased a gun took safety lessons and learned the proper use of firearms. I don't think it should be mandatory.
If it would be better, why shouldn't it be mandatory?

We are talking about deadly weapons here. We're talking about tools that can be taken out to a busy public place and massacre many people.

A criminal breaks in and steals a weapon, and you're worried about where to place the blame? That's the wrong question, BigDave. Who cares about blame at that point, we have an unsecured weapon in the wrong hands. The question is what will prevent that?

With freedom comes responsibility.

One thing we know about the real world we live in right now is that a whole lot of people aren't responsible at all. If they were, we wouldn't be talking about the need for reasonable gun control measures, would we? We wouldn't be talking about AR-15's being left unsecured in an open garage in plain sight with nobody around. We wouldn't be talking about mass-murderers with known mental problems having the combination to their moms gun safe and blowing away kids that were looking forward to their teacher reading Winnie the Pooh to them, would we?
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2013

Judged:

now wrote:
<quoted text>
He thinks he's a Splash painter(look it up), throw enough paint on the wall and folks will fall all over themselves to buy his sorry product of gun conrol. However we do know tag along jeb, IO, and the Laughing emulator will suck it up....for the asking price, no questions asked...not even if it's not authentic....
libroids will buy into any mish-mash, or splish splash..
You're absolutely and quite literally a frackin' idiot. Seriously, dude, your medications are not working. No insult intended, but you really are stupid. You should be made aware of that.

You'll say any crazy stupid thing just to try to get somebody to talk to you.

I'm sorry you're such a lonely old decrepit weirdo living in the woods with no company, but your present strategy for attention isn't getting you very far, is it?

Maybe you should get a cat or something instead.
now

Jefferson, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2013

Judged:

@ the Butt..

"Many Republican dominated states have refused to open their own exchanges with the strategic intention of placing a higher burden on healthcare.gov .

Many Republican dominated states refuse to take advantage of the expanded Medicaid, leaving millions still uninsured, purely for spite. It's downright immoral."

And all we get from you is another splash painting...

Wrong fact on the first statement, wrong fact on the second statement.

Only two opinions that do NOT express the facts...

Two wrongs dont make a right except in loo-loo land and libroid world...

Facts are the medicaid burden would have over-whelmed the States Budgets with both statements. sure the feds would have gone into more debt to fund the first couple of years, but then the burden would fall on the States. The taxpayers of those States which created their own exchanges are in for a rude awakening in a couple of years...

And just think what will happen to those states with exchanges when the medicaid folks move there because the federal exchange states does not expand medicaid... they will get a double hit..
The immoral part is obamacare forced upon the Nation and the people creating havoc, higher prices, lower health care, longer waits, etc..etc...

now

Jefferson, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2013

Judged:

ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
You're absolutely and quite literally a frackin' idiot. Seriously, dude, your medications are not working. No insult intended, but you really are stupid. You should be made aware of that.
I'm sorry you're such a lonely old decrepit weirdo living in the woods with no company, but your present strategy for attention isn't getting you very far, is it?
First off, I responded to someone else dummy, the other post I made was directed to you, DUMMY...

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2013

Judged:

ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
And the irony continues...
now

Jefferson, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2013

Judged:

ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
We are talking about deadly weapons here. We're talking about tools that can be taken out to a busy public place and massacre many people.
A criminal breaks in and steals a weapon, and you're worried about where to place the blame? That's the wrong question, BigDave. Who cares about blame at that point, we have an unsecured weapon in the wrong hands. The question is what will prevent that?
One thing we know about the real world we live in right now is that a whole lot of people aren't responsible at all. If they were, we wouldn't be talking about the need for reasonable gun control measures, would we? We wouldn't be talking about AR-15's being left unsecured in an open garage in plain sight with nobody around. We wouldn't be talking about mass-murderers with known mental problems having the combination to their moms gun safe and blowing away kids that were looking forward to their teacher reading Winnie the Pooh to them, would we?

Wake up dummy, and smell the stench of your own post. The only real way guns can be eliminated from crime is to outlaw all guns. Everyone knows this, even morons like you.
Drugs are outlawed and look at the drug use. Murder is outlawed and look at the murder rate. robbery is outlawed and look at all the robberies...
Only dreamers and fools believe gun license, or safety locks, or locking up guns in a vault will prevent gun crimes.

The only solution is eliminate all guns everywhere. Not gonna happen because americans love their guns.

why dont you pick an argument with a solution, or one where you stand a 50-50 chance of winning, so far you keep losing...
now

Jefferson, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2013

Judged:

Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>

The Laughing man kinda likes you....

ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2013

Judged:

now wrote:
<quoted text>
First off, I responded to someone else dummy, the other post I made was directed to you, DUMMY...
I don't really care.
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2013

Judged:

Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>
Aaand...

Creepy web-stalker makes his contribution. Not much of one, but he did the best he can.
Forum Notice

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2013

Judged:

now wrote:
<quoted text>
Wake up dummy, and smell the stench of your own post. The only real way guns can be eliminated from crime is to blah blah blah blah blah ba-BLAH...Dummy....(insert really strange and bizarre phrase here)...Blah..blah..blah..
Forum Notice:

Please be advised that your post is being ignored.

You should in no way infer anything from this except that you're an annoying and stupid old coot that wastes peoples time.

We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause to your constant need for attention. Sorry, Lonely Hermit Living in the Woods.
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2013

Judged:

I'm going to share my impressions of who I think our "special" poster friend from Commerce, GA is.

1. May or may not be a male. Probably is though.
2. Older than mid-60's.
3. Lives alone.
4. Home is in a fairly rural area, possibly even on a dirt road.
5. Takes more than 5 medications a day.
6. Has not worked in a long time. Rarely leaves the house.
7. Lives off of social security entirely. Maybe SNAP.
8. Has kids who visit out of a sense of obligation maybe only 1 or 2 times a year. They live 3 houses down.
9. Still has a CRT television, and it's on all the time, but always has Fox News on or Matlock. Sometimes the Golden Girls.
10. Has an old crappy revolver in the night-stand drawer, which is funny because it hasn't been fired in 25 years, and he can't see a target anyway.
11. Looks forward to his next doctors visit because it's the only thing that gets him out of the house.
12. In his younger years, he never had a job that made more than 30k a year.
13. Walks with a limp.
14. Gets groceries from Wal-Mart. Mostly Dinty Moore Beef Stew and BigFat Buttermilk Biscuits and prunes.
15. Still makes coffee in a percolator.
16. Never gave more than a $1.00 to the church collection plate, and hated doing that. Hasn't been to one in 45 years because of that.
17. Probably doesn't have a high-school diploma, but if he does, he was mostly a C and D student.
18. No further education.
19. Has been arrested at least once.
20. If he has a car, it hasn't run since '98.
21. Talks politics on forums, but hasn't voted since Bush Sr.
22. Talks to himself all day long.
23. Eats bacon at least 3 times a week.
24. Wears the same sweater all winter long. It came from a JC Penny Catalog when bell-bottems were still in style. Yes, he stared at the bra section before ordering the sweater.

I might not be 100% correct on this, but I'd bet I nailed a few of them.
Laughing at U

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2013

Judged:

ChicknButt wrote:
I'm going to share my impressions of who I think our "special" poster friend from Commerce, GA is.
1. May or may not be a male. Probably is though.
2. Older than mid-60's.
3. Lives alone.
4. Home is in a fairly rural area, possibly even on a dirt road.
5. Takes more than 5 medications a day.
6. Has not worked in a long time. Rarely leaves the house.
7. Lives off of social security entirely. Maybe SNAP.
8. Has kids who visit out of a sense of obligation maybe only 1 or 2 times a year. They live 3 houses down.
9. Still has a CRT television, and it's on all the time, but always has Fox News on or Matlock. Sometimes the Golden Girls.
10. Has an old crappy revolver in the night-stand drawer, which is funny because it hasn't been fired in 25 years, and he can't see a target anyway.
11. Looks forward to his next doctors visit because it's the only thing that gets him out of the house.
12. In his younger years, he never had a job that made more than 30k a year.
13. Walks with a limp.
14. Gets groceries from Wal-Mart. Mostly Dinty Moore Beef Stew and BigFat Buttermilk Biscuits and prunes.
15. Still makes coffee in a percolator.
16. Never gave more than a $1.00 to the church collection plate, and hated doing that. Hasn't been to one in 45 years because of that.
17. Probably doesn't have a high-school diploma, but if he does, he was mostly a C and D student.
18. No further education.
19. Has been arrested at least once.
20. If he has a car, it hasn't run since '98.
21. Talks politics on forums, but hasn't voted since Bush Sr.
22. Talks to himself all day long.
23. Eats bacon at least 3 times a week.
24. Wears the same sweater all winter long. It came from a JC Penny Catalog when bell-bottems were still in style. Yes, he stared at the bra section before ordering the sweater.
I might not be 100% correct on this, but I'd bet I nailed a few of them.
I think he lives next to me up in the woods. I can smell him every time the wind blows the wrong way. I warn my kids to never, ever go near the place, but sometimes they throw rocks at his tin roof.
Laughing at U

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2013

Judged:

Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, the irony in the irony...

Since: Jul 12

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2013

Judged:

ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
It would be better if we didn't eat too many fattening foods but should it be mandatory? No it shouldn't
If a criminal breaks in a house and steals guns, you are saying that the homeowner shouldn't be worried that some no good thug broke in that house. Who cares about the blame at that moment? I do. and so does the people that had their home broken into. The criminal had no right to enter their property and absolutely no right to steal anything from their home. The blame is on the criminal and their is no other way to look at it.
Just who put that stolen weapon in a thugs hands. The person that broke into a house and stole it. Just who is responsible? That is an easy question . The criminal. Quit trying to make the whole world responsible for actions of others.
Would you like a squad of police to enter every home to check and see if gun owners have a expensive heavy duty gun safe? What is next? Special gun safe specifications set by the government? Heavy fines if the safes are not exactly what the government mandated?
I don't think it is right for people to be irresponsible with their firearms. I also don't think it is right for people to break into homes and steal them.
I can't control how people drive their cars. Some are responsible and some are not. Yet these same irresponsible people still took a test and have a valid drivers license. These people are driving a 3,500 pound weapon.
As far as a person leaving a gun laying out in plane site in a garage is stupid and irresponsible but why would anyone have the right to go in that garage and steal it? You blame the gun owner but not the thief that stole it. Thou shalt not steal.
There are always evil people out there that want to hurt others. You can stop them no more than you can stop terrorism. That is a fact.
By the way you never did answer if you owned a firearm to protect yourself and your family.
I find your arguments weak and lack any consideration of civil liberties and not wanting to put the blame where the actual blame should be placed. What if someone broke into your house and stole your gun. Should you be held responsible? I think not.
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2013

Judged:

Sorry BigDave, you're thinking small and petty. I'm thinking about solutions to real problems.

I could go through your post and point out 100 different logical and legal flaws and considerations, but we're on such different pages that it's pointless.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 29,481 - 29,500 of39,280
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Brunswick Discussions

Search the Brunswick Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Peggy Edenfield gets 60 years for Christopher B... (Sep '11) Tue andrea perez 21
Murder suspect caught after 6 hour search throu... Mon anon2 3
Part 12 Guy Heinze Jr. (May '10) Apr 14 talleigh 1,151
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) Apr 13 youfool 1,983
beverly hill billy speed trap court of Darien Ga. (Jun '09) Apr 11 Farrell 131
Illegally Parked ? Apr 3 annon 1
This is what is possible for animals everywhere! Apr 3 bored 2
•••
•••
•••
•••

Brunswick Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Brunswick People Search