Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...

“Registered Conservative”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#30740 Nov 10, 2013
one too many wrote:
<quoted text>.....and have you noticed that while right wingers have been blasting this forum with dire predictions and other peoples' horror stories about AHCA- I don't any of them have shared any personal setbacks due to it. Corse, they may just be concerned about the rest of us, huh? Rigggggght!
What kind of setbacks would you like to know about?

The rise in costs for personal insurance?

The rise in costs to business for the employer contribution to their employees insurance?

The rise in the cost of the employee contribution for their insurance?

The 29 hour limit businesses are now mandating for part time employees?

The rise in consumer costs as businesses pass on tax increases to them?

The more than doubling of the cost of nobamacare as told by the CBO?
one too many

Cordele, GA

#30741 Nov 10, 2013
stelio kontos wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm really sorry you feel that way. Both of the Bush's were morons, Clinton was an idiot sociopath, and Obama is a nightmare walking. Would you like me to explain why you are all fools for voting these people in?
I don't want to pretend to speak for anyone else- but yes, please do! Just walk out your door into your backyard and explain it to all those critters out there, thanks!
now

Dahlonega, GA

#30742 Nov 10, 2013
stelio kontos wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm really sorry you feel that way. Both of the Bush's were morons, Clinton was an idiot sociopath, and Obama is a nightmare walking. Would you like me to explain why you are all fools for voting these people in?

Doo- Doo.
one too many

Cordele, GA

#30743 Nov 10, 2013
General Robert E Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
What kind of setbacks would you like to know about?
The rise in costs for personal insurance?
The rise in costs to business for the employer contribution to their employees insurance?
The rise in the cost of the employee contribution for their insurance?
The 29 hour limit businesses are now mandating for part time employees?
The rise in consumer costs as businesses pass on tax increases to them?
The more than doubling of the cost of nobamacare as told by the CBO?
...I was really wanting a few personal examples from folks on this forum. You will do- how much has it cost you personally(so far),for example, as opposed to the old system, or how much do you project that it will cost you, again personally.
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

#30744 Nov 10, 2013
2 High-School Students Shot Dead. Others Wounded

(CNN)-- A shooting at a house party near Houston left two high school students dead and 19 other people injured, the Harris County sheriff said Sunday afternoon.

The shooting occurred late Saturday night in the Cypress area, the sheriff's office said in a statement.

It started at a birthday party in a two-story home, where more than 100 people were gathered, police said.

Harris County Sheriff Adrian Garcia described it as "a birthday party gone wild."

The shooting was not a result of any "one-on-one confrontation," Garcia said. It began after one partygoer fired a gun into the air "in an apparent celebration of music."

A second person "recklessly reacted to the gunfire and shoots into the crowd."

Most of the 19 injured suffered gunshot wounds. One person suffered a broken leg trying to flee from the gunfire, Garcia said.

----------
More of the benefits of just letting everyone around be armed.

Were these some of the well-trained conscientious gun-owners I keep hearing about?
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

#30745 Nov 10, 2013
GUNFIRE ERUPTS AT NY SKATING RINK:

(CNN)-- New York City police detained one person Sunday in connection with a shooting at the Bryant Park skating rink that wounded two people.

No other details on the person in police custody were immediately available.

Megan Cutcher, a San Francisco resident visiting New York City, was having a drink with relatives at a nearby restaurant when the gunfire started Saturday night.

One victim was shot in the back and the second one in the leg, according to the New York Police Department. The victims' injuries are not life threatening.

"We sat down at one of the outdoor couches with a heater and ordered a drink," Cutcher said. "Right after we ordered, we heard three shots. Initially, it just sounded like a pop gun, but then people started screaming, and we realized it was more serious."
----------
Maybe these were the well-trained conscientious gun-owners that are so often spoken about?

Location hidden

#30746 Nov 10, 2013
one too many wrote:
<quoted text>...I was really wanting a few personal examples from folks on this forum. You will do- how much has it cost you personally(so far),for example, as opposed to the old system, or how much do you project that it will cost you, again personally.
Each of the examples I provided, are a personal cost to me. I decline to say how much. In fact nobamanocare will have a personal cost to everyone, though some will have no idea that it is costing them.

Location hidden

#30747 Nov 10, 2013
ChicknButt wrote:
2 High-School Students Shot Dead. Others Wounded
(CNN)-- A shooting at a house party near Houston left two high school students dead and 19 other people injured, the Harris County sheriff said Sunday afternoon.
The shooting occurred late Saturday night in the Cypress area, the sheriff's office said in a statement.
It started at a birthday party in a two-story home, where more than 100 people were gathered, police said.
Harris County Sheriff Adrian Garcia described it as "a birthday party gone wild."
The shooting was not a result of any "one-on-one confrontation," Garcia said. It began after one partygoer fired a gun into the air "in an apparent celebration of music."
A second person "recklessly reacted to the gunfire and shoots into the crowd."
Most of the 19 injured suffered gunshot wounds. One person suffered a broken leg trying to flee from the gunfire, Garcia said.
----------
More of the benefits of just letting everyone around be armed.
Were these some of the well-trained conscientious gun-owners I keep hearing about?
No.

Location hidden

#30748 Nov 10, 2013
ChicknButt wrote:
GUNFIRE ERUPTS AT NY SKATING RINK:
(CNN)-- New York City police detained one person Sunday in connection with a shooting at the Bryant Park skating rink that wounded two people.
No other details on the person in police custody were immediately available.
Megan Cutcher, a San Francisco resident visiting New York City, was having a drink with relatives at a nearby restaurant when the gunfire started Saturday night.
One victim was shot in the back and the second one in the leg, according to the New York Police Department. The victims' injuries are not life threatening.
"We sat down at one of the outdoor couches with a heater and ordered a drink," Cutcher said. "Right after we ordered, we heard three shots. Initially, it just sounded like a pop gun, but then people started screaming, and we realized it was more serious."
----------
Maybe these were the well-trained conscientious gun-owners that are so often spoken about?
No.
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

#30749 Nov 10, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
A great article, well-supported, articulate, and very informative:
Wal-Mart: An economic cancer on our cities
November 10, 2013 02:30 PM | CHARLES MONTGOMERY
View full article at Salon.com
Excellent Post. I hope others here take the time to read it.

After finishing that article, I found another one on that website that was fascinating, as it directly reflects what we see right in this very thread on Topix.

I suggest everyone here read every word of it. You'll find it fascinating.

http://www.salon.com/2013/11/08/tea_party_sho...

A small excerpt:

We’ve just been through a lot of facts and figures, but the bottom line boils down to this, an echo of what Free and Cantil discoved back in 1967: The real polarization in Americcan politics is a split between symbolic conservative intuitions on the one hand, and pragmatic liberal facts on the other.

The more that confusion and unconfirmed, even unconscious biases abound, the more that conservative “common sense” carries the day.

The more INFORMED that people become, the closer they are to the problems that need solving, the more liberal they become — no matter what they call themselves, liberal, conservative, Tea Party or whatever.
stelio kontos

Columbus, GA

#30750 Nov 10, 2013
OK. If all of you are the geniuses you think you are, then why are you sitting here arguing, instead of running the country? I mean, you type everything you think is right, while the idiots you voted in are doing so much wrong, so run for office and put things right, ya geniuses.
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

#30751 Nov 10, 2013
<quoted text>
Each of the examples I provided, are a personal cost to me. I decline to say how much.
What a completely disingenuous answer. That could mean that you have a crappy job with a crappy employer and a crappy health-care plan. Or it could mean that you occasionally pay a couple of bucks in taxes. Essentially it was a non-answer for the gullible.
<quoted text>
In fact nobamanocare will have a personal cost to everyone, though some will have no idea that it is costing them.
Health-care for our society does cost money, no matter what approach is taken.

The question left is which is better?

A system where we pay for the cost of providing care for the sick and dying, PLUS a large percentage more for capitalistic vultures who profit off the sick and dying, and many still don't get care when they need it.

OR

A system where we pay for the cost of providing care for the sick and dying, WITHOUT turning it into a profit venture, and all have access to quality health care when they need it.
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

#30752 Nov 10, 2013
<quoted text>
No.
<quoted text>
No.
But, but.... I was told right here in this forum that virtually everybody that owned a gun was well-trained, took classes and was extremely conscientious in how they handled the responsibility of owning a weapon!

Do you mean to say I can't believe everything the Right-Wing-Whacko's tell me?
one too many

Cordele, GA

#30753 Nov 10, 2013
<quoted text>
Each of the examples I provided, are a personal cost to me. I decline to say how much. In fact nobamanocare will have a personal cost to everyone, though some will have no idea that it is costing them.
Is that compared to the old system, in excess of it or what? And why do you decline to say how much?
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

#30754 Nov 10, 2013
one too many wrote:
<quoted text>Is that compared to the old system, in excess of it or what? And why do you decline to say how much?
It means he's typing crap that lines up with his poorly-informed propaganda-influenced "world view" without knowing shizzola about what he's talking about.
one too many

Cordele, GA

#30755 Nov 10, 2013
ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
What a completely disingenuous answer. That could mean that you have a crappy job with a crappy employer and a crappy health-care plan. Or it could mean that you occasionally pay a couple of bucks in taxes. Essentially it was a non-answer for the gullible.
<quoted text>
Health-care for our society does cost money, no matter what approach is taken.
The question left is which is better?
A system where we pay for the cost of providing care for the sick and dying, PLUS a large percentage more for capitalistic vultures who profit off the sick and dying, and many still don't get care when they need it.
OR
A system where we pay for the cost of providing care for the sick and dying, WITHOUT turning it into a profit venture, and all have access to quality health care when they need it.
great post, CB!
one too many

Cordele, GA

#30756 Nov 10, 2013
<quoted text>
In other words, most folks ain't got enough damn sense to know how much it will cost them- but me, the Great Gen. Robert E. Lee, knows how much it will cost me- but I ain't tellin'! lol

Since: Jul 12

Douglasville, GA

#30757 Nov 10, 2013
one too many wrote:
<quoted text>I see your point and raise you one more- even though they are criminals, they are not as big as the criminals that hire them. If the U.S Gov't had the guts to imprison a few of them, thereby cutting of the demand, then then I think the problem would begin to resolve itself. But that will never happen because too many greedy people have too much to lose if there is ever any real comprehensive immigration reform.
Now you are thinking. I like that.
I have always said that each employer found using illegal aliens should be fined at least $10,000 for each illegal alien that the employer uses. That would stop all employers from using illegal aliens for labor. Then there would be no jobs for illegal aliens and they would return to where they came from.
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

#30758 Nov 10, 2013
one too many wrote:
<quoted text>In other words, most folks ain't got enough damn sense to know how much it will cost them- but me, the Great Gen. Robert E. Lee, knows how much it will cost me- but I ain't tellin'! lol
LMAO!!! That pretty well sums up what he said!

Since: Jul 12

Douglasville, GA

#30759 Nov 10, 2013
one too many wrote:
<quoted text>BTW, do you think that your immigrant ancestors would have preferred to be called "legal immigrants" or "legal aliens", just askin'.
They would have liked and should have been called LEGAL ALIENS. They knew what they were doing when they entered this country. They were going to become American citizens, the legal and honest American way. They waited until they were invited by the U.S. Government to enter this country to gain their citizenship.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brunswick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Anti-Gay Pastor Found Guilty Of Molesting Teena... Apr 17 Here is what I 7
What McIntosh/Darien does not want you to know (May '13) Apr 14 Showtime 35
Speed Trap along the I-95 corridor in Mcintosh ... (Nov '15) Apr 14 Showtime 32
News Melvin Shares Life Story in Young Stranger Apr 12 Greg B 1
Creative Landscaping Mar 31 Stole from me 1
Part 12 Guy Heinze Jr. (May '10) Mar 28 Meme 1,227
ex sheriff bennett Mar 28 in the know 1

Brunswick Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance