Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...

United States

#30236 Nov 5, 2013
In addition to the failed war on marijuana (failed because it doesn't work not because their hasn't been enough effort. That is unless one is willing to expend the resources to incarcerate tens of millions more Americans) there is the absolutely retarded prohibition on industrial hemp in the U.S. There is no legitimate reason whatsoever to keep industrial hemp illegal.
http://www.hemp.org/news/roots-hemp-prohibiti...
“At the end of prohibition some of the initial supporters openly admitted its failure. A quote from a letter, written in 1932 by wealthy industrialist John D. Rockefeller, Jr., states:“When Prohibition was introduced, I hoped that it would be widely supported by public opinion and the day would soon come when the evil effects of alcohol would be recognized. I have slowly and reluctantly come to believe that this has not been the result. Instead, drinking has generally increased; the speakeasy has replaced the saloon; a vast army of lawbreakers has appeared; many of our best citizens have openly ignored Prohibition; respect for the law has been greatly lessened; and crime has increased to a level never seen before.” However, when it came to marijuana and hemp prohibition, Rockefeller took a different stance. He was a known supporter of hemp prohibition along with Harry J. Anslinger, the United States First "drug czar" and William Randolph Hearst, well known media mogul. As to be expected, Hearst sympathized with the drug czar in his war against marijuana. Hearst's paper empire, which included hundreds of acres of timber forests, was threatened by the renewable resource of hemp that could be re-grown yearly, unlike Hearst's timber. In his newspapers, Hearst published many of Anslinger’s fabricated stories, aiding the anti-marijuana movement that eventually led to its prohibition in the 1937 Marihuana Tax Act. Rockefeller had his interests in oil, and after founding Standard Oil in 1870, soared to become the first U.S. dollar billionaire, and Standard Oil was even convicted of monopolistic practices and broken up in 1911. There seems no way that hemp could have had a chance when the media, the government, and the oil industry were swiftly making little room for hemp to survive. Hemp is not only in direct competition with timber and petroleum, but also with many other industries throughout the world. Hemp offers wholesome and nutritious foodstuffs such as edible oil from the seeds, which are also used for making chocolate bars and other foods; renewable fiber for clothing and building. The original Levi jeans were made from hemp but lasted too long to be commercially viable; high grade papers, such as those used for bank notes, tissues, hand towels, and tea bags, where strength when wet is critical, and so much more…” SD

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Registered Conservative”

Since: Jul 11

Draketown, GA

#30237 Nov 5, 2013
OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah right, they're bought, just like Congress.... Budweiser and Marlboro got alot of money.:(
Ok, who do you think will own the reefer stores? Will you pay the tax, or buy from the black market? Are you willing to take a physical, as part of your nobamanocare, and let the government know you smoke dope? Are you willing to pay higher healthcare and insurance costs because you smoke dope? Are you willing to limit your pool of prospective employers because you smoke dope?
OMTE

Gray, GA

#30238 Nov 5, 2013
guest wrote:
In addition to the failed war on marijuana (failed because it doesn't work not because their hasn't been enough effort. That is unless one is willing to expend the resources to incarcerate tens of millions more Americans) there is the absolutely retarded prohibition on industrial hemp in the U.S. There is no legitimate reason whatsoever to keep industrial hemp illegal.
http://www.hemp.org/news/roots-hemp-prohibiti...
“At the end of prohibition some of the initial supporters openly admitted its failure. A quote from a letter, written in 1932 by wealthy industrialist John D. Rockefeller, Jr., states:“When Prohibition was introduced, I hoped that it would be widely supported by public opinion and the day would soon come when the evil effects of alcohol would be recognized. I have slowly and reluctantly come to believe that this has not been the result. Instead, drinking has generally increased; the speakeasy has replaced the saloon; a vast army of lawbreakers has appeared; many of our best citizens have openly ignored Prohibition; respect for the law has been greatly lessened; and crime has increased to a level never seen before.” However, when it came to marijuana and hemp prohibition, Rockefeller took a different stance. He was a known supporter of hemp prohibition along with Harry J. Anslinger, the United States First "drug czar" and William Randolph Hearst, well known media mogul. As to be expected, Hearst sympathized with the drug czar in his war against marijuana. Hearst's paper empire, which included hundreds of acres of timber forests, was threatened by the renewable resource of hemp that could be re-grown yearly, unlike Hearst's timber. In his newspapers, Hearst published many of Anslinger’s fabricated stories, aiding the anti-marijuana movement that eventually led to its prohibition in the 1937 Marihuana Tax Act. Rockefeller had his interests in oil, and after founding Standard Oil in 1870, soared to become the first U.S. dollar billionaire, and Standard Oil was even convicted of monopolistic practices and broken up in 1911. There seems no way that hemp could have had a chance when the media, the government, and the oil industry were swiftly making little room for hemp to survive. Hemp is not only in direct competition with timber and petroleum, but also with many other industries throughout the world. Hemp offers wholesome and nutritious foodstuffs such as edible oil from the seeds, which are also used for making chocolate bars and other foods; renewable fiber for clothing and building. The original Levi jeans were made from hemp but lasted too long to be commercially viable; high grade papers, such as those used for bank notes, tissues, hand towels, and tea bags, where strength when wet is critical, and so much more…” SD
Ugh... Brilliant.

United States

#30239 Nov 5, 2013
OMTE

Gray, GA

#30240 Nov 5, 2013
General Robert E Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, who do you think will own the reefer stores? Will you pay the tax, or buy from the black market? Are you willing to take a physical, as part of your nobamanocare, and let the government know you smoke dope? Are you willing to pay higher healthcare and insurance costs because you smoke dope? Are you willing to limit your pool of prospective employers because you smoke dope?
I'd pay the tax, as long as it was a fair tax... As for the rest of your post... They charge more for insurance for alcoholics and smokers, what's the difference? You have to pay to play. And I don't care who owns the stores. Also, I don't think it's an employer's business what an employee does in their spare time. Period.
With it being illegal.... Alot of people are being limited by their criminal record, for minor/non-violent drug offenses, for life... For alot of thing, not just jobs.... What about pain-pills? They kill more people than alcohol, cigarettes, and ALL illegal drugs COMBINED! I don't ever her you tootin your little horn about the need to restrict LEGAL DEADLY drugs. Huh? I guess that's not good for business. Huh?:(

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Draketown, GA

#30241 Nov 5, 2013
OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>I'd pay the tax, as long as it was a fair tax... As for the rest of your post... They charge more for insurance for alcoholics and smokers, what's the difference? You have to pay to play. And I don't care who owns the stores. Also, I don't think it's an employer's business what an employee does in their spare time. Period.
With it being illegal.... Alot of people are being limited by their criminal record, for minor/non-violent drug offenses, for life... For alot of thing, not just jobs.... What about pain-pills? They kill more people than alcohol, cigarettes, and ALL illegal drugs COMBINED! I don't ever her you tootin your little horn about the need to restrict LEGAL DEADLY drugs. Huh? I guess that's not good for business. Huh?:(
Heeeeyyyy Duuuuude, stay on point. What you think, does not matter. The fact is, "the law is the law". The fact is that employers, and most employees, can and do promote a "drug free workplace", as far as a criminal record goes; "can't do the time, don't do the crime". The fact is that LEGAL DEADLY drugs, as you put it, are restricted.
OMTE

Gray, GA

#30242 Nov 5, 2013
<quoted text>
Heeeeyyyy Duuuuude, stay on point. What you think, does not matter. The fact is, "the law is the law". The fact is that employers, and most employees, can and do promote a "drug free workplace", as far as a criminal record goes; "can't do the time, don't do the crime". The fact is that LEGAL DEADLY drugs, as you put it, are restricted.
I won't be the law forever... These oppressive laws are dyin fast, just like memory of that sorry loser's name, that you use for a topix ID... You suck loser and so did he....:)))

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
one too many

Cordele, GA

#30243 Nov 5, 2013
OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>Oh yeah, and the article was only giving 14 examples... It did't even include the a paper and rope production jobs. You really are stupid. I hope you have very minimal duties in our society.
....better watch out, OMTE. They may try to use the old "reefer madness" movie as a credible source. LOL

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Draketown, GA

#30244 Nov 5, 2013
OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>I won't be the law forever... These oppressive laws are dyin fast, just like memory of that sorry loser's name, that you use for a topix ID... You suck loser and so did he....:)))
"Oppressive" laws, give me a break. How did you manage to give yourself 26 "judgements" is such a short period of time? I know, you started smoking dope at an early age, and the residual impact to your motor functions have you repeating your actions.
Just Plain Dumb

Blairsville, GA

#30245 Nov 5, 2013
<quoted text>
You have a choice to use the services of utility companies, too whatever level you choose, or not to use them at all.
You mean I can get my electricity from a competing electric company? Nope, they're a monopoly. Can I get my water from a competing water system or sewerage service from another system?? Nope, they're monopolies. Gee you're just plain dumb...

Draketown, GA

#30247 Nov 5, 2013
Just Plain Dumb wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean I can get my electricity from a competing electric company? Nope, they're a monopoly. Can I get my water from a competing water system or sewerage service from another system?? Nope, they're monopolies. Gee you're just plain dumb...
Have you been smoking dope today also? Please, read my post again, and when you think you understand what it is that I said, feel free to respond, again. Remember what the residual impact of smoking dope has on your motor functions.

Draketown, GA

#30248 Nov 5, 2013
OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>I won't be the law forever... These oppressive laws are dyin fast, just like memory of that sorry loser's name, that you use for a topix ID... You suck loser and so did he....:)))
Here's some good advice for yopu;

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined."

Draketown, GA

#30249 Nov 5, 2013
OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah right, they're bought, just like Congress.... Budweiser and Marlboro got alot of money.:(
You're up to 48 "judges", keep going, let's see how "high" you can get!
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#30250 Nov 5, 2013
Texas Voter ID Law Ensnares Former Speaker of the House, Candidates for Governor, State Judge
November 4, 2013
by Ari Berman
http://billmoyers.com/2013/11/04/texas-voter-...

To be able to vote in Texas, including in Tuesday’s election for statewide constitutional amendments, Wright’s assistant will have to get a certified copy of his birth certificate, which costs $22. According to the state of Texas, 600,000 to 800,000 registered voters in Texas don’t have a valid form of government-issued photo ID. Wright is evidently one of them. But unlike Wright, most of these voters will not have an assistant or the political connections of a former speaker of the house to help them obtain a birth certificate to prove their identify, nor can they necessarily make two trips to the DMV office or afford a birth certificate.

The devil is in the details when it comes to voter ID. And the rollout of the new law in Texas is off to a very bad start.“I earnestly hope these unduly stringent requirements on voters won’t dramatically reduce the number of people who vote,” Wright told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.“I think they will reduce the number to some extent.”

As I’ve reported previously, getting the necessary voter ID in Texas, which has one of the strictest laws in the country, is no walk in the park. As in Wright’s case, you need to pay for a birth certificate or another type of citizenship document to obtain one (which Eric Holder called a poll tax). A handgun permit is an acceptable voter ID in Texas but a university ID is not. And there are no DMV offices in 81 of 254 counties in Texas. That’s probably why only 50 of the 600-800,000 registered voters without voter ID in the state have so far successfully obtained one.(The Department of Justice has filed suit to block the law, which was invalidated by a federal court last year but reinstated when the Supreme Court invalidated Section 4 of the Voting Rights Act. Texas filed a motion last Friday to dismiss the lawsuit.)

Beyond the hundreds of thousands of voters, like Wright, who don’t have valid ID, millions more in Texas could be inconvenienced or disenfranchised by a provision of the law stipulating that a voter’s photo ID be “substantially similar” to their name in the poll book. In this year’s elections for statewide constitutional amendments in Texas, a district court judge, a state senator and both candidates for governor — Wendy Davis and Greg Abbott — had to sign affidavits to vote because their IDs didn’t match their poll book names.

In a highly ironic twist, Davis, a critic of the voter ID law, offered an amendment to allow voters whose IDs were not identical to their poll names to be able to sign an affidavit to vote, which allowed her 2014 gubernatorial opponent, Greg Abbott, a top supporter of voter ID, to cast a ballot this year....
OMTE

Gray, GA

#30251 Nov 5, 2013
<quoted text>
You're up to 48 "judges", keep going, let's see how "high" you can get!
You're headed towards the land of obsession... Just thought I'd let ya know, loser! "You suck and so did he" LoL!
*laughin at you*

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#30252 Nov 5, 2013
Just Plain Dumb wrote:
<quoted text>
TRANSLATION: I don't have anything valuable to add to the conversation, so I'll just try to make everyone else look stupid. That way they won't realize I'm not very smart.
Some of y'all do a good enough job making yourselves look stupid, no need for me to try...

Location hidden

#30253 Nov 5, 2013
OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>LoL! Ya got nothin' loser.:)
Now I see you're takin a page out of the liberal playbook and attackin sources, how pathetic. IO would be proud.:(
That's kind of ironic, being that this poster actually typed the following:

"This study and site, is nothin but garbage. Reefer doesn't hurt you at all...... It's just propaganda to keep it illegal."

It's OK for this poster, but not someone else...

Location hidden

#30255 Nov 5, 2013
OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>This study and site, is nothin but garbage. Reefer doesn't hurt you at all...... It's just propaganda to keep it illegal.
Wonder where this poster earned his/her medical degree to make this claim.

BTW, I'm as avid of a non-smoker as there is, but I'm of the opinion that people should be able to do what they want with stuff like that. I'm (somewhat) for legalizing it and taxing the hell out of it, like they do with cigarettes and alcohol.
OMTE

Gray, GA

#30256 Nov 5, 2013
Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>
That's kind of ironic, being that this poster actually typed the following:
"This study and site, is nothin but garbage. Reefer doesn't hurt you at all...... It's just propaganda to keep it illegal."
It's OK for this poster, but not someone else...
Like I said before.... You stalkers have to stick together. Huh? SMH,wow. You're such a pathetic loser.:))) I'll do your next post for ya so you don't have to..umkay? "Oh the irony".... You suck too, ya lame nerdy loser. LoL!
ChicknButt

Norcross, GA

#30257 Nov 5, 2013
Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>
Some of y'all do a good enough job making yourselves look stupid, no need for me to try...
Oh the IRONY of this poster!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brunswick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Speed Trap along the I-95 corridor in Mcintosh ... (Nov '15) May 20 KJay 7
What McIntosh/Darien does not want you to know (May '13) Apr '16 darienspeedtrap 24
What Y'all think of District Attorney Jackie Jo... (Nov '11) Apr '16 David 99
Trump may be doing us a favor Mar '16 JillyJelly 1
megan swantek (Jun '13) Mar '16 yo!! 3
News Report: GOP Leaders Met With Elon Musk, Tim Coo... Mar '16 biten back 1
News Incorporate St. Simons and Sea islands? Yes No (Mar '06) Mar '16 Bii Hilton 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Brunswick Mortgages