Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...

“Registered Conservative”

Since: Jul 11

Draketown, GA

#30221 Nov 5, 2013
OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>Hard drugs like meth, coke, and heroin destroy people's lives, not reefer. Reefer is a plant, that is far less harmful than alcohol or cigarettes. The reason to keep it illegal is, profits, for people like you and your buddies. You know it, I know it, the whole world knows it. It's only a matter of time before your kind die off or are outnumbered by sensible folks.... That know keepin reefer illegal hurts American families and fund the mexican drug cartels. Less and less people are drinkin alcohol and smoking cigarettes, and instead, smokin reefer.. Which is good for the American people and bad for dirty politicians(like yourself)and killers of our youth, like Budweiser.... Legalize Reefer Today! It will create jobs, bring fathers home to their children, and shutdown the mexican Cartels. It's a no brainer, even for somebody like you. Ya know?:)
Where is the evidence to support your stance on legalizing reefer, especially when it comes to creating jobs? Bringing fathers home to their children, where are they now? Don't women smoke reefer? Obviously, you've been smoking reefer already today? See what it does to your thoughts?

Draketown, GA

#30223 Nov 5, 2013
whom wrote:
<quoted text>
while I have no dog in this fight, can you address the below data from the link provided....
"Marijuana is the most common illicit drug used in the United States. After a period of decline in the last decade, its use has generally increased among young people since 2007, corresponding to a diminishing perception of the drug’s risks. More teenagers are now current (past-month) smokers of marijuana than of cigarettes, according to annual survey data."
"Research has shown that, in chronic users, marijuana's adverse impact on learning and memory persists after the acute effects of the drug wear off; when marijuana use begins in adolescence, the effects may persist for many years. Research from different areas is converging on the fact that regular marijuana use by young people can have long-lasting negative impact on the structure and function of their brains.
A recent study of marijuana users who began using in adolescence revealed a profound deficit in connections between brain areas responsible for learning and memory. And a large prospective study (following individuals across time) showed that people who began smoking marijuana heavily in their teens lost as much as 8 points in IQ between age 13 and age 38; importantly, the lost cognitive abilities were not restored in those who quit smoking marijuana as adults.(Individuals who started smoking marijuana in adulthood did not show significant IQ declines.)"
http://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/drugfac...
Those that started smiking reefer in their adult years, had no room for their IQ to decline.
OMTE

Gray, GA

#30224 Nov 5, 2013
whom wrote:
<quoted text>
while I have no dog in this fight, can you address the below data from the link provided....
"Marijuana is the most common illicit drug used in the United States. After a period of decline in the last decade, its use has generally increased among young people since 2007, corresponding to a diminishing perception of the drug’s risks. More teenagers are now current (past-month) smokers of marijuana than of cigarettes, according to annual survey data."
"Research has shown that, in chronic users, marijuana's adverse impact on learning and memory persists after the acute effects of the drug wear off; when marijuana use begins in adolescence, the effects may persist for many years. Research from different areas is converging on the fact that regular marijuana use by young people can have long-lasting negative impact on the structure and function of their brains.
A recent study of marijuana users who began using in adolescence revealed a profound deficit in connections between brain areas responsible for learning and memory. And a large prospective study (following individuals across time) showed that people who began smoking marijuana heavily in their teens lost as much as 8 points in IQ between age 13 and age 38; importantly, the lost cognitive abilities were not restored in those who quit smoking marijuana as adults.(Individuals who started smoking marijuana in adulthood did not show significant IQ declines.)"
http://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/drugfac...
This study and site, is nothin but garbage. Reefer doesn't hurt you at all...... It's just propaganda to keep it illegal.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
OMTE

Gray, GA

#30225 Nov 5, 2013
General Robert E Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is the evidence to support your stance on legalizing reefer, especially when it comes to creating jobs? Bringing fathers home to their children, where are they now? Don't women smoke reefer? Obviously, you've been smoking reefer already today? See what it does to your thoughts?
You're to stupid to understand....

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
OMTE

Gray, GA

#30226 Nov 5, 2013
<quoted text>
These are just some of the jobs it will create and sustain, dummy...
http://www.alternet.org/story/152487/14_kinds...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
whom

Cleveland, GA

#30227 Nov 5, 2013
OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>This study and site, is nothin but garbage. Reefer doesn't hurt you at all...... It's just propaganda to keep it illegal.

Okaaaaaaayy.

Draketown, GA

#30228 Nov 5, 2013
OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>These are just some of the jobs it will create and sustain, dummy...
http://www.alternet.org/story/152487/14_kinds...
"Alternet"? More like wishful thinking than a credible source.

There's no exact number on how many new jobs have been created by cannabis nationwide.

Draketown, GA

#30229 Nov 5, 2013
OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>You're to stupid to understand....
I'm not the one smoking dope.
OMTE

Gray, GA

#30230 Nov 5, 2013
<quoted text>
There's no exact number on how many new jobs have been created by cannabis nationwide.
LoL! Ya got nothin' loser.:)
Now I see you're takin a page out of the liberal playbook and attackin sources, how pathetic. IO would be proud.:(

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
OMTE

Gray, GA

#30231 Nov 5, 2013
<quoted text>
Oh yeah, and the article was only giving 14 examples... It did't even include the a paper and rope production jobs. You really are stupid. I hope you have very minimal duties in our society.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Draketown, GA

#30232 Nov 5, 2013
OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>Oh yeah, and the article was only giving 14 examples... It did't even include the a paper and rope production jobs. You really are stupid. I hope you have very minimal duties in our society.
If you say so. by the way, keep up with your personal attacks, they really are guite humorous.

Draketown, GA

#30233 Nov 5, 2013
OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>LoL! Ya got nothin' loser.:)
Now I see you're takin a page out of the liberal playbook and attackin sources, how pathetic. IO would be proud.:(
I got nothing? Attacking sources? If that source was so credible, the "mainstream media" would be all over it. That source was nothing but assumptions based on wishful thinking, certainly not "fair and balanced".
OMTE

Gray, GA

#30234 Nov 5, 2013
<quoted text>
I got nothing? Attacking sources? If that source was so credible, the "mainstream media" would be all over it. That source was nothing but assumptions based on wishful thinking, certainly not "fair and balanced".
Yeah right, they're bought, just like Congress.... Budweiser and Marlboro got alot of money.:(

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

United States

#30236 Nov 5, 2013
In addition to the failed war on marijuana (failed because it doesn't work not because their hasn't been enough effort. That is unless one is willing to expend the resources to incarcerate tens of millions more Americans) there is the absolutely retarded prohibition on industrial hemp in the U.S. There is no legitimate reason whatsoever to keep industrial hemp illegal.
http://www.hemp.org/news/roots-hemp-prohibiti...
“At the end of prohibition some of the initial supporters openly admitted its failure. A quote from a letter, written in 1932 by wealthy industrialist John D. Rockefeller, Jr., states:“When Prohibition was introduced, I hoped that it would be widely supported by public opinion and the day would soon come when the evil effects of alcohol would be recognized. I have slowly and reluctantly come to believe that this has not been the result. Instead, drinking has generally increased; the speakeasy has replaced the saloon; a vast army of lawbreakers has appeared; many of our best citizens have openly ignored Prohibition; respect for the law has been greatly lessened; and crime has increased to a level never seen before.” However, when it came to marijuana and hemp prohibition, Rockefeller took a different stance. He was a known supporter of hemp prohibition along with Harry J. Anslinger, the United States First "drug czar" and William Randolph Hearst, well known media mogul. As to be expected, Hearst sympathized with the drug czar in his war against marijuana. Hearst's paper empire, which included hundreds of acres of timber forests, was threatened by the renewable resource of hemp that could be re-grown yearly, unlike Hearst's timber. In his newspapers, Hearst published many of Anslinger’s fabricated stories, aiding the anti-marijuana movement that eventually led to its prohibition in the 1937 Marihuana Tax Act. Rockefeller had his interests in oil, and after founding Standard Oil in 1870, soared to become the first U.S. dollar billionaire, and Standard Oil was even convicted of monopolistic practices and broken up in 1911. There seems no way that hemp could have had a chance when the media, the government, and the oil industry were swiftly making little room for hemp to survive. Hemp is not only in direct competition with timber and petroleum, but also with many other industries throughout the world. Hemp offers wholesome and nutritious foodstuffs such as edible oil from the seeds, which are also used for making chocolate bars and other foods; renewable fiber for clothing and building. The original Levi jeans were made from hemp but lasted too long to be commercially viable; high grade papers, such as those used for bank notes, tissues, hand towels, and tea bags, where strength when wet is critical, and so much more…” SD

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Draketown, GA

#30237 Nov 5, 2013
OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah right, they're bought, just like Congress.... Budweiser and Marlboro got alot of money.:(
Ok, who do you think will own the reefer stores? Will you pay the tax, or buy from the black market? Are you willing to take a physical, as part of your nobamanocare, and let the government know you smoke dope? Are you willing to pay higher healthcare and insurance costs because you smoke dope? Are you willing to limit your pool of prospective employers because you smoke dope?
OMTE

Gray, GA

#30238 Nov 5, 2013
guest wrote:
In addition to the failed war on marijuana (failed because it doesn't work not because their hasn't been enough effort. That is unless one is willing to expend the resources to incarcerate tens of millions more Americans) there is the absolutely retarded prohibition on industrial hemp in the U.S. There is no legitimate reason whatsoever to keep industrial hemp illegal.
http://www.hemp.org/news/roots-hemp-prohibiti...
“At the end of prohibition some of the initial supporters openly admitted its failure. A quote from a letter, written in 1932 by wealthy industrialist John D. Rockefeller, Jr., states:“When Prohibition was introduced, I hoped that it would be widely supported by public opinion and the day would soon come when the evil effects of alcohol would be recognized. I have slowly and reluctantly come to believe that this has not been the result. Instead, drinking has generally increased; the speakeasy has replaced the saloon; a vast army of lawbreakers has appeared; many of our best citizens have openly ignored Prohibition; respect for the law has been greatly lessened; and crime has increased to a level never seen before.” However, when it came to marijuana and hemp prohibition, Rockefeller took a different stance. He was a known supporter of hemp prohibition along with Harry J. Anslinger, the United States First "drug czar" and William Randolph Hearst, well known media mogul. As to be expected, Hearst sympathized with the drug czar in his war against marijuana. Hearst's paper empire, which included hundreds of acres of timber forests, was threatened by the renewable resource of hemp that could be re-grown yearly, unlike Hearst's timber. In his newspapers, Hearst published many of Anslinger’s fabricated stories, aiding the anti-marijuana movement that eventually led to its prohibition in the 1937 Marihuana Tax Act. Rockefeller had his interests in oil, and after founding Standard Oil in 1870, soared to become the first U.S. dollar billionaire, and Standard Oil was even convicted of monopolistic practices and broken up in 1911. There seems no way that hemp could have had a chance when the media, the government, and the oil industry were swiftly making little room for hemp to survive. Hemp is not only in direct competition with timber and petroleum, but also with many other industries throughout the world. Hemp offers wholesome and nutritious foodstuffs such as edible oil from the seeds, which are also used for making chocolate bars and other foods; renewable fiber for clothing and building. The original Levi jeans were made from hemp but lasted too long to be commercially viable; high grade papers, such as those used for bank notes, tissues, hand towels, and tea bags, where strength when wet is critical, and so much more…” SD
Ugh... Brilliant.

United States

#30239 Nov 5, 2013
OMTE

Gray, GA

#30240 Nov 5, 2013
<quoted text>
Ok, who do you think will own the reefer stores? Will you pay the tax, or buy from the black market? Are you willing to take a physical, as part of your nobamanocare, and let the government know you smoke dope? Are you willing to pay higher healthcare and insurance costs because you smoke dope? Are you willing to limit your pool of prospective employers because you smoke dope?
I'd pay the tax, as long as it was a fair tax... As for the rest of your post... They charge more for insurance for alcoholics and smokers, what's the difference? You have to pay to play. And I don't care who owns the stores. Also, I don't think it's an employer's business what an employee does in their spare time. Period.
With it being illegal.... Alot of people are being limited by their criminal record, for minor/non-violent drug offenses, for life... For alot of thing, not just jobs.... What about pain-pills? They kill more people than alcohol, cigarettes, and ALL illegal drugs COMBINED! I don't ever her you tootin your little horn about the need to restrict LEGAL DEADLY drugs. Huh? I guess that's not good for business. Huh?:(

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Draketown, GA

#30241 Nov 5, 2013
OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>I'd pay the tax, as long as it was a fair tax... As for the rest of your post... They charge more for insurance for alcoholics and smokers, what's the difference? You have to pay to play. And I don't care who owns the stores. Also, I don't think it's an employer's business what an employee does in their spare time. Period.
With it being illegal.... Alot of people are being limited by their criminal record, for minor/non-violent drug offenses, for life... For alot of thing, not just jobs.... What about pain-pills? They kill more people than alcohol, cigarettes, and ALL illegal drugs COMBINED! I don't ever her you tootin your little horn about the need to restrict LEGAL DEADLY drugs. Huh? I guess that's not good for business. Huh?:(
Heeeeyyyy Duuuuude, stay on point. What you think, does not matter. The fact is, "the law is the law". The fact is that employers, and most employees, can and do promote a "drug free workplace", as far as a criminal record goes; "can't do the time, don't do the crime". The fact is that LEGAL DEADLY drugs, as you put it, are restricted.
OMTE

Gray, GA

#30242 Nov 5, 2013
<quoted text>
Heeeeyyyy Duuuuude, stay on point. What you think, does not matter. The fact is, "the law is the law". The fact is that employers, and most employees, can and do promote a "drug free workplace", as far as a criminal record goes; "can't do the time, don't do the crime". The fact is that LEGAL DEADLY drugs, as you put it, are restricted.
I won't be the law forever... These oppressive laws are dyin fast, just like memory of that sorry loser's name, that you use for a topix ID... You suck loser and so did he....:)))

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brunswick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Part 12 Guy Heinze Jr. (May '10) Dec 5 Close to home 1,209
Speed Trap along the I-95 corridor in Mcintosh ... (Nov '15) Dec 3 Driver T 19
White Boy Rap (Jun '11) Nov 12 Danny Noonan 5
Farrell Landon Ho Slayer (Oct '12) Nov 11 Farrell Landon 6
Cracker Gangsta Rap (Mar '12) Nov 10 Farrell Landon 12
$200,000.00 Christmas Tree? (Dec '11) Nov 9 dandrade 7
Mcintosh/Darien CROOKED RACIST COPS (May '13) Nov 8 everylifematters 59

Brunswick Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance