Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia in 2010?

Posted in the Brunswick Forum

Comments (Page 1,394)

Showing posts 27,861 - 27,880 of39,414
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

bored monitor wrote:
<quoted text>
sorry u lost ur job, but u probably were as valuable to the company a u r in this thread. Not much.
Kinda mean comment. Probably true, too.

"My point was to contrast this to large business and corporations firm belief that they should take any and all tax breaks, be them ethical or not. This amounts to what many would call corporate welfare."

Wonder why this poster would say "large business and corporations" and not ALL businesses and corporations. Another apparent example of someone that doesn't comprehend how the real world works.

Why wouldn't "they" take all legitimate (AND LEGAL) deductions (tax breaks as the poster mistakenly calls them)?

What some (many?) would call corporate welfare, many would call prudent and legal business practice. Be advised, for those that haven't been paying attention, the Board of Directors have a fiduciary responsibility to the investors (aka people that have put their money into a company). If someone DIDN'T "take" all legitimate tax breaks (as the poster calls them, many would call them legitimate business deductions), their performance would be called into question, as they wouldn't be putting best efforts for the company.

Would you, as a shareholder, be happy if a company you have an ownership interest in wasn't doing what they could to maximize your return? Perhaps in libroid world it works...

whom

Demorest, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

Now what kind of stupid person would say this, ""we're just coming out of the biggest recession since the Great Depression."

Hello dummy!! where did you ever get the idea we're coming out of a depression; can you see it, can you feel it, is your pocket book bigger, are your monthly bills more or less of a burden....

It's one thing to make a dumb statement, it's another to back it up with facts....
whom

Demorest, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

This is asking a lot....
Can someone tell me the difference between the Fed holding Bonds, and other investors holding Bonds???

A serious question that I expect most, if not all on topix, will scratch their head, blow their nose, and scream RWW.....

whom

Demorest, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

"Tech gadgets can cause real health problems."

Obamacare to the rescue........Well actually the website is causing all those health problems......

http://www.wtop.com/256/3493124/Gadgets-can-c...

whom

Demorest, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

"NSA and other U.S. intelligence agency staff members are said to be angry at President Obama for denying knowledge of the spying."

Aren't these the people who fly Drones???

Obama must not have enough worries by pi**ing off the world with his cellphone tapping. He gets the NSA mad and they might write his name on a Drone and put it in the sky...

http://www.latimes.com/world/la-fg-spying-pho...
whom

Demorest, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

And now we know why.......
"Voters are evenly divided when asked whether they agree more politically with President Obama (42%) or with the average member of the Tea Party (42%). But an enormous partisan gap colors virtually all opinions of the Tea Party."
Libroids are in such a tizzy fit, falling down with conjunctivitis, splitting up with their partners, running into the Oceans in attempts to drown themself, killing their pets, and just having an all around fun time....
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_conten...
Bruhaha

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>
Kinda mean comment. Probably true, too.
"My point was to contrast this to large business and corporations firm belief that they should take any and all tax breaks, be them ethical or not. This amounts to what many would call corporate welfare."
Wonder why this poster would say "large business and corporations" and not ALL businesses and corporations. Another apparent example of someone that doesn't comprehend how the real world works.
Why wouldn't "they" take all legitimate (AND LEGAL) deductions (tax breaks as the poster mistakenly calls them)?
What some (many?) would call corporate welfare, many would call prudent and legal business practice. Be advised, for those that haven't been paying attention, the Board of Directors have a fiduciary responsibility to the investors (aka people that have put their money into a company). If someone DIDN'T "take" all legitimate tax breaks (as the poster calls them, many would call them legitimate business deductions), their performance would be called into question, as they wouldn't be putting best efforts for the company.
Would you, as a shareholder, be happy if a company you have an ownership interest in wasn't doing what they could to maximize your return? Perhaps in libroid world it works...
Of course you missed my entire point - that's not new in this forum. If it's so appropriate for businesses to take all deductions possible, why would't it equally appropriate for poor people to take every type of government assistance possible? Do as I say, not as I do, perhaps? Yet many of you rail on about those on welfare.

Of course, when businesses are at the trough it's different, right?

How about a real discussion of why so many people need government assistance? Lazy? Dumb? Ignorant? Not everyone are those things. Perhaps capitalism has gone a bit awry. But, as I.O. would say, bow down to that god of capitalism. Praise him.
Bruhaha

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

whom wrote:
Now what kind of stupid person would say this, ""we're just coming out of the biggest recession since the Great Depression."
Hello dummy!! where did you ever get the idea we're coming out of a depression; can you see it, can you feel it, is your pocket book bigger, are your monthly bills more or less of a burden....
It's one thing to make a dumb statement, it's another to back it up with facts....
...a person like myself, whose 401K has gone up tremendously in the past year and a half after being flat for a couple of years.

Oh, by the way, why would your bills be bigger in a recession?(also, we're in a RECESSION, not a DEPRESSION, even I know there's a difference.)

Dummy.
Bruhaha

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry that you lost your job. You are among millions. The bottom line for a business is to make a profit. Most are law abiding. I am sure that some might cheat on taxes but for the most part it isn't necessary as they have lobbyists getting them breaks with our government.
Get your unemployment, get what help you need to keep from going hungry and cold, and continue to look and hopefully find employment. Be productive.
Be extremely careful of the people that you vote for from now on. Good Luck!
Thanks for your comments. I'm not doing bad and I'm not going hungry! Little too young to retire, so I've started a small business. It's an eye opener. Work for someone else and you have no way to cheat on your taxes, own a company and you can deduct almost anything if you're creative. And you usually can do it legally. As someone posted earlier, the tax laws were written by those who would benefit from them. If anyone really believes the tax code is fair, they're full of it...
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

whom wrote:
<quoted text>
Well there is the problem with you being proven wrong so many times, it's hard for anyone to accept your posts with a straight face...
Trying to get somebody to talk to you? Forget it. You're an idiot. It's pointless to try and have a discussion with you because you just can't keep up.
Just sayin

Dahlonega, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
Actual data shows that it's not "nonsense". But don't let that stop you from believing what you want to believe.
Which part is factual? The government debt did increase under two conservative presidents, the only two in my lifetime.
Blow the lip off? Hardly.

Flag Pond, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

Oh my wrote:
Libertarians, the first and true libtards...
http://s3.amazonaws.com/dk-production/images/...
The modern incarnation of "libertarianism" is nothing more than a bunch of Ayan Rand wannabe's who dream of their adolescent utopia to come if everybody would just get out of their self centered way and allow "John Galt' to save the world, riding in on a self made lightening bolt holding a "flux capacitor" in one hand and his manhood in the other. In other words a bunch of delusional fools.
Just sayin

Dahlonega, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me, was that supposed to be clever, I couldn't tell.
It wasn't clever, but what do expect from an Elton John fan?
Just sayin

Dahlonega, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

Bruhaha wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for your comments. I'm not doing bad and I'm not going hungry! Little too young to retire, so I've started a small business. It's an eye opener. Work for someone else and you have no way to cheat on your taxes, own a company and you can deduct almost anything if you're creative. And you usually can do it legally. As someone posted earlier, the tax laws were written by those who would benefit from them. If anyone really believes the tax code is fair, they're full of it...
Bull.
Just sayin

Dahlonega, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

Bruhaha wrote:
<quoted text>
Could be.
But the reverse side of this is that, as you suppose, if a company (and good CPAs) should be expected to follow the laws and use any legal tax breaks then any and all people who are legally eligible for public assistance should follow suit and get EBT food stamp cards, welfare, etc.
From my experience the vast majority of large business do indeed take every legal (and not so legal) tax breaks they can, while in contrast a great many poor folks have more respect for themselves to take welfare - even if they do qualify.
I guess a segment of the poor just don't see it as their right and obligation to take every government handout like big business slurping at the trough.
I'm sure that there is corporate abuse of the system, but I sure couldn't go to court and get a conviction from my perception.
Other than the big obama supporters, GM, GE and Chrysler; which big businesses are slurping at the trough and by what means are they doing it? I'd like to know.

“Marble Man”

Since: Jul 11

Dallas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

Just sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Bull.
What's the "bull"?
Informed Opinion

Fort Myers, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

Bigdave1 wrote:
Want to know why health insurance is sky rocketing? It doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure it out. All week long liberals and the Obama Administration have been saying that conservatives are lying about the rising cost. They have been making up things and trying to spin these facts with outlandish claims.
Give this video a watch. By the way it is from CNBC. Ouch, I know that really hurts you silly liberals.
http://www.cnbc.com/id/101153188
Yep. Tell us why health care insurance is "rocketing". Late tell us how rape victims secrete super sperm killing serums that make it impossible to get pregnant; how the Earth is less than 27 days old; and how Elvis is secretly marrying Marilyn Monroe in Dahlonega.

We love Right Wing Planet stories.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

Just sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
Do you know the difference between a budget and a continuing resolution?

I didn't think so. Renaming the president's and the senate's failure to do the job of coming up with a budget and relying on a CR is not a clean bill. Progressive newspeak not withstanding.
Looks like the only one to submit an actual "Budget" was the President....

So, the hair splitting question becomes,
Do you know the difference between a budget and a continuing resolution?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_United_Stat...
The 2014 United States federal budget is the budget to fund government operations for the fiscal year (FY) 2014, which began on October 1, 2013 and ends on September 30, 2014. The original spending request was issued by President Barack Obama on April 10, 2013. The actual appropriations for fiscal year 2014 must be enacted by both houses of Congress before they can take effect, in accordance with the United States budget process.

The fiscal year 2014 United States budget exists only as several competing drafts; no official budget has been approved. President Obama submitted the FY2014 budget proposal on April 10, 2013, two months past the February 4 legal deadline due to negotiations over the United States fiscal cliff and implementation of the sequester cuts mandated by the Budget Control Act of 2011.[1] The House of Representatives passed its proposal, H.Con.Res 25, prior to the submission of the President's budget proposal, as did the Senate (S.Con.Res 8). The House and Senate budget resolutions are not expected to be reconciled as a final budget.
Informed Opinion

Fort Myers, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

Bruhaha wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, well I'm just sorry I didn't pull out of your mom. Damn, she was ugly and you ended up even worse.
Please keep posting.

Never, ever, ever stop.
Informed Opinion

Fort Myers, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

Bruhaha wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for your comments. I'm not doing bad and I'm not going hungry! Little too young to retire, so I've started a small business. It's an eye opener. Work for someone else and you have no way to cheat on your taxes, own a company and you can deduct almost anything if you're creative. And you usually can do it legally. As someone posted earlier, the tax laws were written by those who would benefit from them. If anyone really believes the tax code is fair, they're full of it...
Very accurate and astute post.

As a smart tax lawyers once told a group of us at a seminar - you don't win the game by playing harder, better, or smarter than your competition - you win the game by making the rules so you can't lose.

That's why money you earn for working for a living you can be taxed at a 39% rate, while money you earn from daddy's trust account is taxed up to 20%.

So... The working man pays 2X the tax rate of the billionaire. As Warren Buffet says - when he pays 1/2 the tax rate of his secretary, nobody can claim that's fair.

But.. Them's the rules, and the rules always determines who wins.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 27,861 - 27,880 of39,414
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Brunswick Discussions

Search the Brunswick Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Part 12 Guy Heinze Jr. (May '10) 7 hr wusatdatrial 1,152
beverly hill billy speed trap court of Darien Ga. (Jun '09) Thu A passerby 132
Peggy Edenfield gets 60 years for Christopher B... (Sep '11) Apr 15 andrea perez 21
Murder suspect caught after 6 hour search throu... Apr 14 anon2 3
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) Apr 13 youfool 1,983
Illegally Parked ? Apr 3 annon 1
This is what is possible for animals everywhere! Apr 3 bored 2
•••

Flood Warning for Glynn County was issued at April 18 at 9:49PM EDT

•••
•••
•••
Brunswick Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Brunswick Jobs