Comments
27,821 - 27,840 of 53,108 Comments Last updated 42 min ago

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#29128 Oct 29, 2013
truth be told wrote:
<quoted text>
The person said people should be able to buy insurance that they wanted and could afford. I will agree with that concept when its legal for hospitals to let people without coverage or enough coverage to die in the waiting room floors. So people with coverage won't have to cover the cost or the difference. You want to take that chance, its OK by me. But its not the job of people with insurance to save you from your ignorance.
What part of that is so hard for you to understand!?!?!?
Reagan has been dead for a long time and for that to be the only thing you and the rest of the whacko conservative wing of the Republican party can lean on is really sad.
Stop looking back and try looking foreword for a change.
We'll get over Reagan when you left wing lunatics get over Bush. How 'bout that?

If someone dies on the waiting room floor, that's a hospital problem.

Location hidden

#29129 Oct 29, 2013
truth be told wrote:
<quoted text>
So now you have a problem with the majority rule as mandated in the Constitution!?!? If Tea Party Republicans continue to stone wall and insist on things being their way or no way you will continue to have no voice in government, as it should be.
Why don't you just move to a country were just a few people tell the rest what to do, Syria would be a great place for you.
Ummmmm......actually OBAMA is the MY WAY or NO WAY person. You are terribly confused.
Laughing at U

Blairsville, GA

#29130 Oct 29, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummmmm......actually OBAMA is the MY WAY or NO WAY person. You are terribly confused.
Elton John has a song about you, and you are definitely back...

Location hidden

#29131 Oct 29, 2013
truth be told wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact is people without insurance have already signed up for coverage. Not as many as want to and who will when the system is up and running properly. Will everyone sign up or even pay the fines if they don't, of course not, common sense alone should tell you that. Will things in the ER be a lot better, again common sense alone should tell you it will. You just can't seem to agree with anything if its not what you WANT to believe. Common sense should kick in at some point, but common sense is not a strong point in the Tea Party.
lol You just don't have a clue, do you? How will things be better in the ER? You can PREDICT they will be better. How about the millions that are PREDICTED who will STILL not have insurance? They'll go to the ER and be treated. We'll STILL pay for it. You talk about common sense. Of course, anyone who agrees with YOU has "common sense". ROTFL

The fact is, we can't even get any hard numbers on how many have signed up. You must have a crystal ball. My deductable has gone up by $1,000. That's 1,000 MORE dollars out of my pocket before 85% coverage kicks in(on what is covered.) I'm glad the Tea Party causes you to lose sleep. It doesn't bother me at all. We're screwed regardless. You are just too empty headed to realize it. You support the biggest scam of a so called president this country has ever had the misfortune to have. Those of you who voted for that ingrate proved by that very act that you have absolutely NO intelligence whatsoever.

Location hidden

#29132 Oct 29, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
And so far the majority are signing up for Medicaid - NOT private insurance, so tell me - where oh, where are all those young healthy people that Obamacare is dependent on to pay for this?
Oh, and guess what, the fine for not signing up has no teeth. The IRS cannot garnish wages or place liens against the property of those who do not sign up. The only way to get the fine if someone chooses not to pay it is by holding back some of a tax refund. If someone did not pay more taxes than required and thus will get no refund, the government has NO MECHANISM for forcing payment of the fine. The best they can do is start charging interest and HOPE that someday that individual will be entitled to a refund the government can confiscate.
Obamacare would be hilarious - if it weren't so tragic.
Bingo! I posted this same explanation in regard to the fines weeks ago. Guess what? Not one lib had a reply. How can one argue with those facts? They ignore what they can't explain their way out of.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#29133 Oct 29, 2013
Laughing at U wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't it time for you to walk the dog or take out the trash. You need to do something to stay relevant.
It really is amusing how he gets under y'all's skin.

Location hidden

#29134 Oct 29, 2013
Laughing at U wrote:
<quoted text>
Elton John has a song about you, and you are definitely back...
Excuse me, was that supposed to be clever, I couldn't tell.

Since: Jul 12

Douglasville, GA

#29135 Oct 29, 2013
Bruhaha wrote:
<quoted text>
Could be.
But the reverse side of this is that, as you suppose, if a company (and good CPAs) should be expected to follow the laws and use any legal tax breaks then any and all people who are legally eligible for public assistance should follow suit and get EBT food stamp cards, welfare, etc.
From my experience the vast majority of large business do indeed take every legal (and not so legal) tax breaks they can, while in contrast a great many poor folks have more respect for themselves to take welfare - even if they do qualify.
I guess a segment of the poor just don't see it as their right and obligation to take every government handout like big business slurping at the trough.
I think a large segment of the so called poor are getting every penny that the lawmakers have allotted them. our politicians are giving them more and more so that they will be reelected. I don't know where you are getting your information from but there are now a record number of people on food stamps. There is now a record number of people now receiving Social Security disability. There is also a record number of people getting help from private charities and churches. Many of these people get section 8 housing, free medical care,welfare, food stamps, free phones, special educational grants.
What the hell else do you want to give them? Maybe the kitchen sink? I think they are getting plenty. If you want to donate more, than feel free and send the government an extra $1000.00 at tax time, and tell them you want to give more to the poor.
stelio kontos

Columbus, GA

#29136 Oct 29, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Enough said, so why don't we all just get a gun and blow our brains out and be done with it? You need to lighten up.

Sorry you feel that way.DOn't have anything else to add since you didn't understand it.

Douglasville, GA

#29137 Oct 29, 2013
You liberals trust in everything the government says and does is amazing.
Here we go again. The large buy-up of G.M. stock is just another example of how well your government spends your tax money.
What next? Obama demanding that everyone must start buying only Chevy Volt's and Corvettes. Why not just make it a law because the government is really sorry at picking winners to put your tax dollars on. Another example of government and business not just working together but the government actually owing part of the company. Again what do you call that type of government that does that?
http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20131029/A...

Douglasville, GA

#29138 Oct 29, 2013
stelio kontos wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry you feel that way.DOn't have anything else to add since you didn't understand it.
I probably understood it long before you were born.
Bruhaha

Blairsville, GA

#29139 Oct 29, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think a large segment of the so called poor are getting every penny that the lawmakers have allotted them. our politicians are giving them more and more so that they will be reelected. I don't know where you are getting your information from but there are now a record number of people on food stamps. There is now a record number of people now receiving Social Security disability. There is also a record number of people getting help from private charities and churches. Many of these people get section 8 housing, free medical care,welfare, food stamps, free phones, special educational grants.
What the hell else do you want to give them? Maybe the kitchen sink? I think they are getting plenty. If you want to donate more, than feel free and send the government an extra $1000.00 at tax time, and tell them you want to give more to the poor.
Of course there are a record number of people on government assistance, we're just coming out of the biggest recession since the Great Depression. Stupid government policies and corporate greed have made sure of this.

I didn't say a large number of the poor are not receiving government assistance, just that there are a percentage who are at the poverty level yet do not seek assistance. I know many such people who have too much pride in taking welfare. I am, in fact, one of those people, laid off because the corporation I worked for thought it better to keep the stock price high instead of weathering the storms and looking towards the future.

My point was to contrast this to large business and corporations firm belief that they should take any and all tax breaks, be them ethical or not. This amounts to what many would call corporate welfare.

Douglasville, GA

#29140 Oct 29, 2013
Want to know why health insurance is sky rocketing? It doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure it out. All week long liberals and the Obama Administration have been saying that conservatives are lying about the rising cost. They have been making up things and trying to spin these facts with outlandish claims.
Give this video a watch. By the way it is from CNBC. Ouch, I know that really hurts you silly liberals.
http://www.cnbc.com/id/101153188

Location hidden

#29141 Oct 29, 2013
Bruhaha wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course there are a record number of people on government assistance, we're just coming out of the biggest recession since the Great Depression. Stupid government policies and corporate greed have made sure of this.
I didn't say a large number of the poor are not receiving government assistance, just that there are a percentage who are at the poverty level yet do not seek assistance. I know many such people who have too much pride in taking welfare. I am, in fact, one of those people, laid off because the corporation I worked for thought it better to keep the stock price high instead of weathering the storms and looking towards the future.
My point was to contrast this to large business and corporations firm belief that they should take any and all tax breaks, be them ethical or not. This amounts to what many would call corporate welfare.
sorry u lost ur job, but u probably were as valuable to the company a u r in this thread. Not much.

Douglasville, GA

#29142 Oct 29, 2013
Bruhaha wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry that you lost your job. You are among millions. The bottom line for a business is to make a profit. Most are law abiding. I am sure that some might cheat on taxes but for the most part it isn't necessary as they have lobbyists getting them breaks with our government.
Get your unemployment, get what help you need to keep from going hungry and cold, and continue to look and hopefully find employment. Be productive.
Be extremely careful of the people that you vote for from now on. Good Luck!
Bruhaha

Blairsville, GA

#29143 Oct 29, 2013
bored monitor wrote:
<quoted text>
sorry u lost ur job, but u probably were as valuable to the company a u r in this thread. Not much.
Yeah, well I'm just sorry I didn't pull out of your mom. Damn, she was ugly and you ended up even worse.
whom

Broken Arrow, OK

#29144 Oct 29, 2013
ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
Actual data shows that it's not "nonsense". But don't let that stop you from believing what you want to believe.

Well there is the problem with you being proven wrong so many times, it's hard for anyone to accept your posts with a straight face...

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#29145 Oct 29, 2013
bored monitor wrote:
<quoted text>
Kinda mean comment. Probably true, too.

"My point was to contrast this to large business and corporations firm belief that they should take any and all tax breaks, be them ethical or not. This amounts to what many would call corporate welfare."

Wonder why this poster would say "large business and corporations" and not ALL businesses and corporations. Another apparent example of someone that doesn't comprehend how the real world works.

Why wouldn't "they" take all legitimate (AND LEGAL) deductions (tax breaks as the poster mistakenly calls them)?

What some (many?) would call corporate welfare, many would call prudent and legal business practice. Be advised, for those that haven't been paying attention, the Board of Directors have a fiduciary responsibility to the investors (aka people that have put their money into a company). If someone DIDN'T "take" all legitimate tax breaks (as the poster calls them, many would call them legitimate business deductions), their performance would be called into question, as they wouldn't be putting best efforts for the company.

Would you, as a shareholder, be happy if a company you have an ownership interest in wasn't doing what they could to maximize your return? Perhaps in libroid world it works...

whom

Broken Arrow, OK

#29146 Oct 29, 2013

Now what kind of stupid person would say this, ""we're just coming out of the biggest recession since the Great Depression."

Hello dummy!! where did you ever get the idea we're coming out of a depression; can you see it, can you feel it, is your pocket book bigger, are your monthly bills more or less of a burden....

It's one thing to make a dumb statement, it's another to back it up with facts....
whom

Broken Arrow, OK

#29147 Oct 29, 2013
This is asking a lot....
Can someone tell me the difference between the Fed holding Bonds, and other investors holding Bonds???

A serious question that I expect most, if not all on topix, will scratch their head, blow their nose, and scream RWW.....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brunswick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for Attorney General in Geor... (Oct '10) 20 hr Pfffft 185
might be moving to Brunswick Aug 26 whimzy 1
Help in Woodbine!!!!!! Aug 21 Abby 6
Does anyone know Jason Carlin (Aug '13) Aug 16 marcuswade 5
Infowars.com banned from Facebook Aug 15 Jeb 1
Part 12 Guy Heinze Jr. (May '10) Aug 13 Get Over It 1,181
Did Morenos court order shut down Kingsland and... Aug 3 kazoo 3
•••
•••
•••

Brunswick Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000