Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
truth be told

Hiawassee, GA

#29037 Oct 29, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
It's interesting how you accuse BigDave of not having insurance just because he has a brain and doesn't agree with you. So! What do you think is going to happen to those people who STILL don't have insurance when they go to the ER? Tell us how THAT will be changed. To DECLARE that there won't be AS MANY without insurance is pure speculation. Some with receive subsidies, but others won't. You simply don't know that. Also, tell us how many people YOU think STILL won't have insurance regardless of the fines.
The fact is people without insurance have already signed up for coverage. Not as many as want to and who will when the system is up and running properly. Will everyone sign up or even pay the fines if they don't, of course not, common sense alone should tell you that. Will things in the ER be a lot better, again common sense alone should tell you it will. You just can't seem to agree with anything if its not what you WANT to believe. Common sense should kick in at some point, but common sense is not a strong point in the Tea Party.
Informed Opinion

Naples, FL

#29038 Oct 29, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>Great post.

The humorous thing is that like all these programs, the same Right Wingers who scream against it, will be the greediest little campers slurping up the benefits far in excess of their contributions.
Ronnie Ray-Gun explaining to us all how Medicare is the end of the world as we know it.

http://crywolfproject.org/taxonomy/term/75/qu...

Medicare is now the sacred cow and anyone who attacks it suffers the hatred of Right Wing Wackos,(but of course because they's have no concept of history they still love Ray-Gun, the man who'd of let then die).

United States

#29039 Oct 29, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Ronnie Ray-Gun explaining to us all how Medicare is the end of the world as we know it.
http://crywolfproject.org/taxonomy/term/75/qu...
Medicare is now the sacred cow and anyone who attacks it suffers the hatred of Right Wing Wackos,(but of course because they's have no concept of history they still love Ray-Gun, the man who'd of let then die).
To paraphrase from one of the RRWW……'Oh the irony'. It's a known fact that the RRWW eschew historical facts.

“Registered Conservative”

Since: Jul 11

Draketown, GA

#29041 Oct 29, 2013
truth be told wrote:
<quoted text>
So now you have a problem with the majority rule as mandated in the Constitution!?!? If Tea Party Republicans continue to stone wall and insist on things being their way or no way you will continue to have no voice in government, as it should be.
Why don't you just move to a country were just a few people tell the rest what to do, Syria would be a great place for you.
Please insert "democrats" in place of "Tea Party Republicans".

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#29042 Oct 29, 2013
Medicare Part D - I'm not defending it, I think it was a mistake then and I still think it is a mistake. However, it was:
Voluntary
Targeted at one population group - senior citizens who typically had greater health problems and would be motivated to sign up

Obamacare - Here we have a mandate that arguably most people did not want and as problems kept cropping up the closer implementation came, the number of people who said that didn't want it only grew. We have a president who in violation of his own signature law kept granting waivers in order to try and quiet the critics - especially his own union buddies. We have one more law that our elected representatives carved out an exemption from for themselves and their staffers.(they are not bound by the subsidy scale, they get a guaranteed subsidy NO ONE else gets) It is MANDATORY for every citizen who does not already have healthcare. Despite the promises made that "if you like your doctor you can keep your doctor, if you like your current plan, you can keep your plan." -it was a lie and anyone with a clue KNEW it was a lie. That is why conservatives fought like hell against it. They knew it was only the first step to the Left's ultimate plan - single payer. That isn't hyperbole - that is a fact they (Obama, Reid, Pelosi, etc) have stated explicitly.

So now in order to try and defend the indefensible, we have people on the Left trying to make comparisons to Part D - sorry, the comparison fails mightily. So keep trying to defend that piece of garbage called Obamacare.
OMTE

Kittanning, PA

#29043 Oct 29, 2013
General Robert E Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
How many Republicans voted in favor of nobamanocare? How many Republicans were even involved in the writing of nobamanocare?
The question is: How many Democrats(in the House) voted against passing Obamacare into law? Answer: 34. Now that's what I call bi-partisan support.....:( It was forced down the throats of the American people, illegallly, by that crook Reid and his mahdi(Obama).
Impeach Obama Today!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#29044 Oct 29, 2013
Libertarians, the first and true libtards...

http://s3.amazonaws.com/dk-production/images/...
stelio kontos

Columbus, GA

#29045 Oct 29, 2013
Politicians, the very lie upon which civilization was built. You reckon Satan was a politician? He did, according to stories, convince one person into making another person believe in their way of thinking. Then, the dominoes kept falling...

Location hidden

#29046 Oct 29, 2013
truth be told wrote:
<quoted text>
The person said people should be able to buy insurance that they wanted and could afford. I will agree with that concept when its legal for hospitals to let people without coverage or enough coverage to die in the waiting room floors. So people with coverage won't have to cover the cost or the difference. You want to take that chance, its OK by me. But its not the job of people with insurance to save you from your ignorance.
What part of that is so hard for you to understand!?!?!?
Reagan has been dead for a long time and for that to be the only thing you and the rest of the whacko conservative wing of the Republican party can lean on is really sad.
Stop looking back and try looking foreword for a change.
Well this is another glittering jewel of ignorance once again presuming that another poster doesn't have insurance - try again.

What I understand - try to keep up - is that Obamacare is a disaster and was from the beginning. We have politicians and bureaucrats with NO CLUE about the complexities of our health care system thinking that just because they say Obamacare will work, it will work. Instead of tackling the main points of concern - the uninsured, they decide that they will remake the ENTIRE industry to fit their little template. Of course it is failing. The reasons have been enumerated on here too many times to need to repeat them. And now you have Democrats (especially those up for reelection in 2014) seeing the handwriting on the wall if this monstrosity doesn't get dumped and so they are calling for delays at minimum and some are calling for outright repeal. Gee, where were they four weeks ago?
----------
And your comment about looking forward is hilarious, please pass that along to IO and company. When a QUOTATION fits a situation, it is irrelevant when it was first stated.

After all, the following quote from George Carlin explains the election and reelection of Obama perfectly:
“Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.”
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#29047 Oct 29, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
...So now in order to try and defend the indefensible, we have people on the Left trying to make comparisons to Part D - sorry, the comparison fails mightily. So keep trying to defend that piece of garbage called Obamacare.
It's a well known fact
that some minds will never change.

But this is still funny...

...As the House Energy and Commerce Committee holds its first hearing on the implementation of the the Affordable Care Act on Thursday, it’s worth noting that some of the very same Republicans who are lashing out against Obamacare, arguing that the botched rollout is proof that the government cannot implement effectively and should repeal the law entirely, gave the Bush administration a pass and urged Americans not to pre-judge such a complicated process. At least four of the Republicans still on the committee had argued that early implementation hurdles should not taint the entirety of reform:

REP. JOE BARTON (R-TX):“This is a huge undertaking and there are going to be glitches. My goal is the same as yours: Get rid of the glitches. The committee will work closely with yourself and Dr. Mark McClellan at CMS to get problems noticed and solved.”[Barton Statement via Archive.org , 2/15/2006]

REP. TIM MURPHY (R-PA):“Any time something is new, there is going to be some glitches. All of us, when our children were new, well, we knew as parents we didn’t exactly know everything we were doing and we had a foul-up or two, but we persevered and our children turned out well. No matter what one does in life, when it is something new in learning the ropes of it, it is going to take a little adjustment.”[Murphy Floor Speech via Congressional Record, 4/6/2006]

REP. MICHAEL BURGESS (R-TX):“We can’t undo the past, but certainly they can make the argument that we are having this hearing a month late and perhaps we are, but the reality is the prescription drug benefit is 40 years late and seniors who signed up for Medicare those first days back in 1965 when they were 65 years of age are now 106 years of age waiting for that prescription drug benefit, so I hope it doesn’t take us that long to get this right and I don’t believe that it will. And I do believe that fundamentally it is a good plan.”[“Medicare Part D: Implementation of the New Drug Benefit,” 3/1/2006]

REP. PHIL GINGREY (R-GA):“I delivered 5,200 babies, but this may be the best delivery that I have ever been a part of, Mr. Speaker, and that is delivering, as I say, on a promise made by former Congresses and other Presidents over the 45-year history of the Medicare program, which was introduced in 1965 with no prescription drug benefit. And what we have done here is add part D, the ‘D’ for ‘drug’ or, if you want, the ‘delivery’ that we have finally provided to our American seniors.”[Gingrey Floor Speech via Congressional Record, 4/6/06]
OMTE

Kittanning, PA

#29048 Oct 29, 2013
Is this guy a Democrat or what? He must be a DINO. Huh?:)
http://www.unitedliberty.org/articles/15406-h...
Impeach Obama Today!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#29049 Oct 29, 2013
truth be told wrote:
<quoted text>
So now you have a problem with the majority rule as mandated in the Constitution!?!? If Tea Party Republicans continue to stone wall and insist on things being their way or no way you will continue to have no voice in government, as it should be.
Why don't you just move to a country were just a few people tell the rest what to do, Syria would be a great place for you.
Read your Constitution. The United States is not governed by majority rule - that is pure democracy, better called mob rule. We are a representative republic, some prefer representative democracy. We the people elect representatives to (in theory) represent our interests in government. Virtually every Republican who ran in 2010 and 2012 ran on repealing Obamacare. When elected, most initially stayed true to their promises, but then many fell by the way. Those who still fought the good fight in September were doing what they were ELECTED to do and were TRULY representing their constituents. That is their job. I wonder how many of you calling them "hostage takers" and "anarchists" and "terrorists" for peacefully DOING WHAT THEY WERE ELECTED TO DO used those same terms for the REAL holders of those terms - the Occupy idiots who destroyed property and blocked people from their places of business.

Location hidden

#29050 Oct 29, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a well known fact
that some minds will never change.
But this is still funny...
...As the House Energy and Commerce Committee holds its first hearing on the implementation of the the Affordable Care Act on Thursday, it’s worth noting that some of the very same Republicans who are lashing out against Obamacare, arguing that the botched rollout is proof that the government cannot implement effectively and should repeal the law entirely, gave the Bush administration a pass and urged Americans not to pre-judge such a complicated process. At least four of the Republicans still on the committee had argued that early implementation hurdles should not taint the entirety of reform:
REP. JOE BARTON (R-TX):“This is a huge undertaking and there are going to be glitches. My goal is the same as yours: Get rid of the glitches. The committee will work closely with yourself and Dr. Mark McClellan at CMS to get problems noticed and solved.”[Barton Statement via Archive.org , 2/15/2006]
REP. TIM MURPHY (R-PA):“Any time something is new, there is going to be some glitches. All of us, when our children were new, well, we knew as parents we didn’t exactly know everything we were doing and we had a foul-up or two, but we persevered and our children turned out well. No matter what one does in life, when it is something new in learning the ropes of it, it is going to take a little adjustment.”[Murphy Floor Speech via Congressional Record, 4/6/2006]
REP. MICHAEL BURGESS (R-TX):“We can’t undo the past, but certainly they can make the argument that we are having this hearing a month late and perhaps we are, but the reality is the prescription drug benefit is 40 years late and seniors who signed up for Medicare those first days back in 1965 when they were 65 years of age are now 106 years of age waiting for that prescription drug benefit, so I hope it doesn’t take us that long to get this right and I don’t believe that it will. And I do believe that fundamentally it is a good plan.”[“Medicare Part D: Implementation of the New Drug Benefit,” 3/1/2006]
REP. PHIL GINGREY (R-GA):“I delivered 5,200 babies, but this may be the best delivery that I have ever been a part of, Mr. Speaker, and that is delivering, as I say, on a promise made by former Congresses and other Presidents over the 45-year history of the Medicare program, which was introduced in 1965 with no prescription drug benefit. And what we have done here is add part D, the ‘D’ for ‘drug’ or, if you want, the ‘delivery’ that we have finally provided to our American seniors.”[Gingrey Floor Speech via Congressional Record, 4/6/06]
And some people will continue to make irrelevant and inappropriate comparisons.
OMTE

Kittanning, PA

#29051 Oct 29, 2013
This chick loves sex and hates Obamacare. LoL!:)
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/29/suza...
Impeach Obama Today!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#29052 Oct 29, 2013
truth be told wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact is people without insurance have already signed up for coverage. Not as many as want to and who will when the system is up and running properly. Will everyone sign up or even pay the fines if they don't, of course not, common sense alone should tell you that. Will things in the ER be a lot better, again common sense alone should tell you it will. You just can't seem to agree with anything if its not what you WANT to believe. Common sense should kick in at some point, but common sense is not a strong point in the Tea Party.
And so far the majority are signing up for Medicaid - NOT private insurance, so tell me - where oh, where are all those young healthy people that Obamacare is dependent on to pay for this?

Oh, and guess what, the fine for not signing up has no teeth. The IRS cannot garnish wages or place liens against the property of those who do not sign up. The only way to get the fine if someone chooses not to pay it is by holding back some of a tax refund. If someone did not pay more taxes than required and thus will get no refund, the government has NO MECHANISM for forcing payment of the fine. The best they can do is start charging interest and HOPE that someday that individual will be entitled to a refund the government can confiscate.

Obamacare would be hilarious - if it weren't so tragic.
OMTE

Kittanning, PA

#29053 Oct 29, 2013
Looks like Hillary Clinton can forget about 2016.
:)
http://personalliberty.com/2013/10/29/benghaz...
Impeach Obama Today!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
OMTE

Kittanning, PA

#29054 Oct 29, 2013
Obama knew people weren't goin to be able to keep their plans... He needs the people that get kicked off their plan, to get Obamacare, or, Obamacare will implode....
http://www.teaparty.org/report-white-house-kn...
Impeach Obama Today!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
OMTE

Kittanning, PA

#29055 Oct 29, 2013
Mitch McConnell is conservatives worst enemy! He is as bad, if not worse, than Obama...:(
http://www.redstate.com/2013/10/28/mitch-mcco...
Get rid of Obama's best buddy, Mitch McConnell, Today!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
ChicknButt

Norcross, GA

#29056 Oct 29, 2013
OMTE wrote:
Looks like Hillary Clinton can forget about 2016.
:)
http://personalliberty.com/2013/10/29/benghaz...
Impeach Obama Today!
Oh yeah - that Benghazi thing from awhile back, where everything didn't turn out unicorns and rainbows - which happens sometimes in real life.

Isn't that the one where our Republican Congress refused to fund requested additional security assets for the State Department? Hypothetical question - it absolutely is the case.
ChicknButt

Norcross, GA

#29057 Oct 29, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder how many of you calling them "hostage takers" and "anarchists" and "terrorists" for peacefully DOING WHAT THEY WERE ELECTED TO DO
It would be impossible for you to miss the point anymore. The point, however, is SO clear that it's inescapable, unless you close your eyes and walk past it real quickly.

If a congressman was elected by the people of their district on the premise that he would go against a law they didn't like, fine - he has on obligation to try to get that law changed through the legislative process. Those guys tried that - over 50 times. They did their job, the didn't get what they wanted, that's that. No problems so far.

But to hold up something COMPLETELY SEPERATE, like America paying her bills, to get what you want, that IS hostage taking. It is terrorism. They've threatened America unless their demands are met.

That's not politics, that's political terrorism. The correct terms are being used to describe these utterly immature and irresponsible idiots in the Tea Party.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brunswick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
nasty woman. you've been warned. Tue Danny Noonan 5
Speed Trap along the I-95 corridor in Mcintosh ... (Nov '15) Mar 8 Ben 30
What McIntosh/Darien does not want you to know (May '13) Feb 28 Barbara78 33
Poll Is Brunswick a racist town Feb 28 dverdan363 1
Part 12 Guy Heinze Jr. (May '10) Feb '17 Blue 1,221
i-95 accident (Mar '09) Feb '17 GodsPrincess2939 6
immigration issues Jan '17 Heywood 1

Brunswick Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance