Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
Just sayin

Byron, GA

#29022 Oct 29, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
History will be kind to him regardless because he is the main character in the social experiment. There is NO WAY that the first black president will be represented as anything other than the savior of the wesstern hemisphere. It doesn't matter how much chaos and debauchery he causes, he'll come out smelling like a rose and will not be embarrassed about it. He has no shame. He is his own biggest fan.
You're right and he is also hypersensitive to any criticism since it's all about him. This is why the European countries are suddenly making a big deal out of some spying that has gone on for generations. They know that can get something out of obama because he is such a cry baby. He will give them whatever they want as long as they agree to make him look good.
Just sayin

Byron, GA

#29023 Oct 29, 2013
Notice all of the talk over the weekend about the healtcare.gov website failures?
Listening to all of the back and forth, I realized that the defenders of this mess called obamacare are not worried that more people are without insurance because of this, but rather what the political fallout may be over the website failure.
Liars with no principles only a lust for power. The progressive way.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#29024 Oct 29, 2013
HHS Works to Fix Drug Plan Woes
by Ceci Connolly
Washington Post Staff Writer
Wednesday, January 18, 2006
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/...

President Bush's top health advisers will fan out across the country this week to quell rising discontent with a new Medicare prescription drug benefit that has tens of thousands of elderly and disabled Americans, their pharmacists, and governors struggling to resolve myriad start-up problems.

Health and Human Services Secretary Mike Leavitt, who will visit Oregon and California, said yesterday that 24 million Medicare beneficiaries now have prescription coverage, compared with the 20.4 million who had been receiving drug benefits last year through state- or employer-sponsored plans. That means the new program, expected to cost $700 billion in the first 10 years, is providing drug coverage to 3.6 million new retirees.

In a call with reporters, Leavitt said enrollment in the program, called Medicare Part D, exceeded expectations and put the administration "well on track to meet our goal of enrolling 28 to 30 million in the first year." Last year, officials predicted 39 million seniors and disabled people would participate, according to documents published in the Federal Register on Jan. 28, 2005.

In the past month, 2.6 million people have signed up for a drug plan. Seniors have until May 15 to enroll.

Even as federal leaders touted the enrollment figures, state officials and health care experts continued to report widespread difficulties, especially for the poorest and sickest seniors who were forced to switch from state Medicaid programs to the new Medicare plans on Jan. 1. Nearly two dozen states have intervened, saying they will pay for medications for any low-income senior who is mistakenly rejected. The District, Maryland and Virginia have not intervened.....
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#29025 Oct 29, 2013
Under Bush, Republicans Vigorously Defended Health Care Reform Despite Serious Glitches
BY IGOR VOLSKY
OCTOBER 24, 2013 AT 8:49 AM
http://thinkprogress.org/health/2013/10/24/28...

Millions of Americans try to enroll in health care benefits during the first days of a new government health care program. They rely on indispensable government website that had been “pitched as a high-tech way” to sort through available coverage options. They’re encountering countless glitches and technical errors: the website freezes, displays incorrect plan information and sends insurers erroneous reports.

Administration officials — clearly caught off guard by the surge of technical difficulties — respond to “tens of thousands of complaints” from angry beneficiaries and promise to “fix every problem as quickly possible.”

This sounds like the familiar story of the last few days of the Obama administration’s rollout of the exchanges. But, actually, those quotes, and that scenario, are taken from the Bush administration’s efforts to implement the Medicare prescription drug benefit in 2005 and 2006.

...As the House Energy and Commerce Committee holds its first hearing on the implementation of the the Affordable Care Act on Thursday, it’s worth noting that some of the very same Republicans who are lashing out against Obamacare, arguing that the botched rollout is proof that the government cannot implement effectively and should repeal the law entirely, gave the Bush administration a pass and urged Americans not to pre-judge such a complicated process. At least four of the Republicans still on the committee had argued that early implementation hurdles should not taint the entirety of reform:

REP. JOE BARTON (R-TX):“This is a huge undertaking and there are going to be glitches. My goal is the same as yours: Get rid of the glitches. The committee will work closely with yourself and Dr. Mark McClellan at CMS to get problems noticed and solved.”[Barton Statement via Archive.org , 2/15/2006]

REP. TIM MURPHY (R-PA):“Any time something is new, there is going to be some glitches. All of us, when our children were new, well, we knew as parents we didn’t exactly know everything we were doing and we had a foul-up or two, but we persevered and our children turned out well. No matter what one does in life, when it is something new in learning the ropes of it, it is going to take a little adjustment.”[Murphy Floor Speech via Congressional Record, 4/6/2006]

REP. MICHAEL BURGESS (R-TX):“We can’t undo the past, but certainly they can make the argument that we are having this hearing a month late and perhaps we are, but the reality is the prescription drug benefit is 40 years late and seniors who signed up for Medicare those first days back in 1965 when they were 65 years of age are now 106 years of age waiting for that prescription drug benefit, so I hope it doesn’t take us that long to get this right and I don’t believe that it will. And I do believe that fundamentally it is a good plan.”[“Medicare Part D: Implementation of the New Drug Benefit,” 3/1/2006]

REP. PHIL GINGREY (R-GA):“I delivered 5,200 babies, but this may be the best delivery that I have ever been a part of, Mr. Speaker, and that is delivering, as I say, on a promise made by former Congresses and other Presidents over the 45-year history of the Medicare program, which was introduced in 1965 with no prescription drug benefit. And what we have done here is add part D, the ‘D’ for ‘drug’ or, if you want, the ‘delivery’ that we have finally provided to our American seniors.”[Gingrey Floor Speech via Congressional Record, 4/6/06]

Ultimately, the Bush administration fixed the law’s technical glitches, but more than half of the beneficiaries who ended up signing up for insurance didn’t do so until after the first of the year...
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#29026 Oct 29, 2013
Part D was less popular than Obamacare when it launched
By Sarah Kliff, Published: June 21, 2013
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/...

Health and Human Services is in the opening throes of attempting to enroll millions of Americans in a brand new, and relatively unpopular, health insurance program. It's a massive task only made more difficult by widespread opposition and political divisions.

But it is, as Sabrina Corlette puts it, "not the federal government's first time at the rodeo."
Eight years ago, the federal government rolled out Medicare Part D, a prescription drug benefit. For the first time ever, Medicare was launching a benefit administered exclusively through private health insurance plans. The benefit was not popular: In the spring of 2005, when enrollment efforts ramped up, polls showed Medicare Part D to be less popular than the Affordable Care Act. Fewer Americans felt they understood how it worked, too.

Corlette and her colleagues at Georgetown University's Center on Health Insurance Reforms recently finished one of the more in-depth comparisons between the roll out of Medicare Part D in 2005 and the Affordable Care Act now.

"A few months ago, when we were out at forums and talking to reporters and policy experts, we kept hearing over and over again comparisons to Part D," Corlette says. "The concerns about whether the federal government would be ready, whether plans would participate and will people know about it."

They did not have to dig too deep to find similarities between the two, especially when it comes to concerns about participation in the new program and the cost of premiums. To start, neither was especially popular in the months prior to their launch. Part D was even less liked: 21 percent of the public had a favorable opinion of the program in April 2005 compared to 35 percent in April 2013 for the Affordable Care Act....
whom

Commerce, GA

#29027 Oct 29, 2013

The letters WDWWWWHW represent the following....

Answer the questions "Who does what to whom, when, where, how, and why?"

Hence the use of my user names....

Who is Obama,

What is everything he does,

Whom is the people of the world,

When is every day he is in office,

Where is every space he inhabits,

How is with the power of the President,

Why is because he is an upsurger of evil in the form of the muslim brotherhood.

Some in the world are beginning to ask these questions, as many begin to realize Obama is nothing, if not a detriment to peace, world economic stability, and the biggest threat to American freedom to ever hold the office of President....

America has unleashed him upon the world, and the world is NOT better because of him, nor is America.

Today's example;;;;;

"White House OKd spying on allies, U.S. intelligence officials say
NSA and other U.S. intelligence agency staff members are said to be
angry at President Obama for denying knowledge of the spying."

http://www.latimes.com/world/la-fg-spying-pho...

Scott

Hudson, OH

#29028 Oct 29, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard that he sucks at that too.
I think we might be too hard on Obama for playing so much golf. He needs this diversion on weekends in order to help him forget about all that he doesn't know. All that he doesn't know can create an enormous amount of pressure. Some of the issues he doesn't know about are those where he didn't know he doesn't know or didn't know he wasn't supposed to know. This can happen sometimes when no one has told him that he doesn't know. There are those occasions where he doesn't know what he knew but, now finds that he doesn't know when he reads it on his teleprompter. When all of what he doesn't know is combined with what he does know, none of which is his fault, the pressure on him is incredible.

Sorry this may be confusing but, it's not my fault.
whom

Commerce, GA

#29029 Oct 29, 2013
Just sayin wrote:
Notice all of the talk over the weekend about the healtcare.gov website failures?
Listening to all of the back and forth, I realized that the defenders of this mess called obamacare are not worried that more people are without insurance because of this, but rather what the political fallout may be over the website failure.
Liars with no principles only a lust for power. The progressive way.

You are correct...many are hung up on the website woes; when the real problem is monthly cost, insurance cancellations, choice of plans, choice of doctors, out of pocket expenses, etc., etc.

“Liberals are closet raaacists!”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#29030 Oct 29, 2013
Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
I think we might be too hard on Obama for playing so much golf. He needs this diversion on weekends in order to help him forget about all that he doesn't know. All that he doesn't know can create an enormous amount of pressure. Some of the issues he doesn't know about are those where he didn't know he doesn't know or didn't know he wasn't supposed to know. This can happen sometimes when no one has told him that he doesn't know. There are those occasions where he doesn't know what he knew but, now finds that he doesn't know when he reads it on his teleprompter. When all of what he doesn't know is combined with what he does know, none of which is his fault, the pressure on him is incredible.
Most BRILLIANT post of Obama's entire reign of terror on this country!!!!!!++++1
whom

Commerce, GA

#29031 Oct 29, 2013
Scott wrote:
<quoted text>

A good example of using the "WDWWWWHW" theorem above, or in other words "the American people elected this idiot?"

Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#29032 Oct 29, 2013
Enough Already on HealthCare.gov . Don’t You Remember Medicare Part D?
by Michael Tomasky Oct 29, 2013
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/10...

OK. I’ve officially had enough of this Republican gloating about HealthCare.gov . Yes, it was a major and inexcusable fiasco, as I wrote last week. So they were entitled to a week of “we told ya so.” Or even two. But really, it’s practically a month now. Enough already. I know that we expect no decency from these people, so this will sound naïve, but truly, what they should be doing now is helping their constituents figure it all out. That’s what the Democrats did in a similar situation.

I refer, of course, to the Medicare Part D implementation in late 2005 and early 2006. That was the big prescription drug bill passed in 2003. You remember—it’s the one where the Republicans didn’t have the votes in the House, even though they controlled the House, and Speaker Tom DeLay held the floor open for 15 minutes after the bell rang as his lieutenants went around and badgered and threatened some GOP members until they changed their vote from nay to aye. My, how at home DeLay would have been with the Tea Partiers.

Anyhow. Most Democrats voted against the bill. In the House just 16 of 203 Democratic members voted yes. In the Senate, however, 11 of 48 Democrats voted for the new Bush entitlement....

So they didn’t. And then, two years later, the rollout came. It was a mess. In mid-October 2005, the Bush administration announced a delay. Reason? It was Yom Kippur, and evidently no one wanted to offend elderly Jews who wouldn’t be using their computers. Right. So it was delayed. But a month later, as Jon Perr noted recently at Crooks & Liars, the planned comparison-shopping website still wasn’t up and running. Even after it finally was, it was confusing and a mess. Some sample headlines:“Web-based Comparison of Prescription Plans Delayed,” The Washington Post; “Glitches Mar Launch of Medicare Drug Plan,” The Wall Street Journal; “President Tells Insurers to Aid Ailing Medicare Drug Plan,” The New York Times.

...But the biggest difference is not how Republicans behaved back then but how Democrats did. Most Democrats voted against the law. But they did not then sue the Bush administration and try to take the thing to the Supreme Court and get it invalidated. And then, when the start-up was a cock-up, Democrats didn’t go around saying it was proof the law had to go. They tried to fix it. Hillary Clinton, then a senator, said:“I voted against it, but once it passed I certainly determined that I would try to do everything I could to make sure that New Yorkers understood it, could access it, and make the best of it.”

Interesting, no, that we have this quote, this wholly unremarkable quote, from someone the press has described over the years as one of the most polarizing women in America. Here she was being the exact opposite of polarizing, just doing what was then her job, being a normal and rational human being and public servant. She was deciding, amazingly enough, that the needs of her senior-citizen constituents who might benefit from the law once the kinks were worked out were more important than any grudge or animus she might bear toward the sitting administration....

“Registered Conservative”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#29033 Oct 29, 2013
Oh my wrote:
Enough Already on HealthCare.gov . Don’t You Remember Medicare Part D?
by Michael Tomasky Oct 29, 2013
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/10...
OK. I’ve officially had enough of this Republican gloating about HealthCare.gov . Yes, it was a major and inexcusable fiasco, as I wrote last week. So they were entitled to a week of “we told ya so.” Or even two. But really, it’s practically a month now. Enough already. I know that we expect no decency from these people, so this will sound naïve, but truly, what they should be doing now is helping their constituents figure it all out. That’s what the Democrats did in a similar situation.
I refer, of course, to the Medicare Part D implementation in late 2005 and early 2006. That was the big prescription drug bill passed in 2003. You remember—it’s the one where the Republicans didn’t have the votes in the House, even though they controlled the House, and Speaker Tom DeLay held the floor open for 15 minutes after the bell rang as his lieutenants went around and badgered and threatened some GOP members until they changed their vote from nay to aye. My, how at home DeLay would have been with the Tea Partiers.
Anyhow. Most Democrats voted against the bill. In the House just 16 of 203 Democratic members voted yes. In the Senate, however, 11 of 48 Democrats voted for the new Bush entitlement....
So they didn’t. And then, two years later, the rollout came. It was a mess. In mid-October 2005, the Bush administration announced a delay. Reason? It was Yom Kippur, and evidently no one wanted to offend elderly Jews who wouldn’t be using their computers. Right. So it was delayed. But a month later, as Jon Perr noted recently at Crooks & Liars, the planned comparison-shopping website still wasn’t up and running. Even after it finally was, it was confusing and a mess. Some sample headlines:“Web-based Comparison of Prescription Plans Delayed,” The Washington Post; “Glitches Mar Launch of Medicare Drug Plan,” The Wall Street Journal; “President Tells Insurers to Aid Ailing Medicare Drug Plan,” The New York Times.
...But the biggest difference is not how Republicans behaved back then but how Democrats did. Most Democrats voted against the law. But they did not then sue the Bush administration and try to take the thing to the Supreme Court and get it invalidated. And then, when the start-up was a cock-up, Democrats didn’t go around saying it was proof the law had to go. They tried to fix it. Hillary Clinton, then a senator, said:“I voted against it, but once it passed I certainly determined that I would try to do everything I could to make sure that New Yorkers understood it, could access it, and make the best of it.”
Interesting, no, that we have this quote, this wholly unremarkable quote, from someone the press has described over the years as one of the most polarizing women in America. Here she was being the exact opposite of polarizing, just doing what was then her job, being a normal and rational human being and public servant. She was deciding, amazingly enough, that the needs of her senior-citizen constituents who might benefit from the law once the kinks were worked out were more important than any grudge or animus she might bear toward the sitting administration....
How many Republicans voted in favor of nobamanocare? How many Republicans were even involved in the writing of nobamanocare?
truth be told

Hiawassee, GA

#29034 Oct 29, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, it must be great to be omniscient and KNOW what other people have or don't have for their health care.
Reagan had a great saying for little lefties like you and the other Left wing posters on here and it bears repeating:
"Well, the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so."
The person said people should be able to buy insurance that they wanted and could afford. I will agree with that concept when its legal for hospitals to let people without coverage or enough coverage to die in the waiting room floors. So people with coverage won't have to cover the cost or the difference. You want to take that chance, its OK by me. But its not the job of people with insurance to save you from your ignorance.

What part of that is so hard for you to understand!?!?!?

Reagan has been dead for a long time and for that to be the only thing you and the rest of the whacko conservative wing of the Republican party can lean on is really sad.

Stop looking back and try looking foreword for a change.
truth be told

Hiawassee, GA

#29035 Oct 29, 2013
General Robert E Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
How many Republicans voted in favor of nobamanocare? How many Republicans were even involved in the writing of nobamanocare?
So now you have a problem with the majority rule as mandated in the Constitution!?!? If Tea Party Republicans continue to stone wall and insist on things being their way or no way you will continue to have no voice in government, as it should be.

Why don't you just move to a country were just a few people tell the rest what to do, Syria would be a great place for you.
Informed Opinion

Naples, FL

#29036 Oct 29, 2013
truth be told wrote:
<quoted text>So now you have a problem with the majority rule as mandated in the Constitution!?!? If Tea Party Republicans continue to stone wall and insist on things being their way or no way you will continue to have no voice in government, as it should be.

Why don't you just move to a country were just a few people tell the rest what to do, Syria would be a great place for you.
Great post.

The humorous thing is that like all these programs, the same Right Wingers who scream against it, will be the greediest little campers slurping up the benefits far in excess of their contributions.
truth be told

Hiawassee, GA

#29037 Oct 29, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
It's interesting how you accuse BigDave of not having insurance just because he has a brain and doesn't agree with you. So! What do you think is going to happen to those people who STILL don't have insurance when they go to the ER? Tell us how THAT will be changed. To DECLARE that there won't be AS MANY without insurance is pure speculation. Some with receive subsidies, but others won't. You simply don't know that. Also, tell us how many people YOU think STILL won't have insurance regardless of the fines.
The fact is people without insurance have already signed up for coverage. Not as many as want to and who will when the system is up and running properly. Will everyone sign up or even pay the fines if they don't, of course not, common sense alone should tell you that. Will things in the ER be a lot better, again common sense alone should tell you it will. You just can't seem to agree with anything if its not what you WANT to believe. Common sense should kick in at some point, but common sense is not a strong point in the Tea Party.
Informed Opinion

Naples, FL

#29038 Oct 29, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>Great post.

The humorous thing is that like all these programs, the same Right Wingers who scream against it, will be the greediest little campers slurping up the benefits far in excess of their contributions.
Ronnie Ray-Gun explaining to us all how Medicare is the end of the world as we know it.

http://crywolfproject.org/taxonomy/term/75/qu...

Medicare is now the sacred cow and anyone who attacks it suffers the hatred of Right Wing Wackos,(but of course because they's have no concept of history they still love Ray-Gun, the man who'd of let then die).

United States

#29039 Oct 29, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Ronnie Ray-Gun explaining to us all how Medicare is the end of the world as we know it.
http://crywolfproject.org/taxonomy/term/75/qu...
Medicare is now the sacred cow and anyone who attacks it suffers the hatred of Right Wing Wackos,(but of course because they's have no concept of history they still love Ray-Gun, the man who'd of let then die).
To paraphrase from one of the RRWW……'Oh the irony'. It's a known fact that the RRWW eschew historical facts.

“Registered Conservative”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#29041 Oct 29, 2013
truth be told wrote:
<quoted text>
So now you have a problem with the majority rule as mandated in the Constitution!?!? If Tea Party Republicans continue to stone wall and insist on things being their way or no way you will continue to have no voice in government, as it should be.
Please insert "democrats" in place of "Tea Party Republicans".

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#29042 Oct 29, 2013
Medicare Part D - I'm not defending it, I think it was a mistake then and I still think it is a mistake. However, it was:
Voluntary
Targeted at one population group - senior citizens who typically had greater health problems and would be motivated to sign up

Obamacare - Here we have a mandate that arguably most people did not want and as problems kept cropping up the closer implementation came, the number of people who said that didn't want it only grew. We have a president who in violation of his own signature law kept granting waivers in order to try and quiet the critics - especially his own union buddies. We have one more law that our elected representatives carved out an exemption from for themselves and their staffers.(they are not bound by the subsidy scale, they get a guaranteed subsidy NO ONE else gets) It is MANDATORY for every citizen who does not already have healthcare. Despite the promises made that "if you like your doctor you can keep your doctor, if you like your current plan, you can keep your plan." -it was a lie and anyone with a clue KNEW it was a lie. That is why conservatives fought like hell against it. They knew it was only the first step to the Left's ultimate plan - single payer. That isn't hyperbole - that is a fact they (Obama, Reid, Pelosi, etc) have stated explicitly.

So now in order to try and defend the indefensible, we have people on the Left trying to make comparisons to Part D - sorry, the comparison fails mightily. So keep trying to defend that piece of garbage called Obamacare.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brunswick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Speed Trap along the I-95 corridor in Mcintosh ... (Nov '15) Oct '17 Joe 56
where in Darien can i use draw net to catch shr... Sep '17 Dvht 3
Jekyll Public Oyster Beds Aug '17 Brief 1
Jennifer aka Snow (Jun '14) Aug '17 Ja nuttz 4
Job Corps info. (Aug '11) Aug '17 Jenforbus 6
Looking Aug '17 Truth 10
are great white sharks in altamahal river ? Aug '17 FLNDN 6

Brunswick Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance