Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#28729 Oct 25, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
Which party supported the Voting Rights Act of 1964 in greater percentages than the party that actually split over civil rights and had significant members of their party form a new party dedicated to segregation?
Pssssssst: The answers are all Republicans first and Democrats second.
==========
And I see you are trying to peddle the revisionist history that the Dixiecrats became Republican, sorry, no - that falsehood has been torpedoed more than once.
I see you're still peddlin' this claptrap.

Sure looks like those Souhern Democrats and Southern Republicans had a lot in common on this issue.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_Rights_Act...
Note: "Southern", as used in this section, refers to members of Congress from the eleven states that made up the Confederate States of America in the American Civil War. "Northern" refers to members from the other 39 states, regardless of the geographic location of those states.

The original House version:
Southern Democrats: 787 (793%)
Southern Republicans: 010 (0100%)
Northern Democrats: 1459 (946%)
Northern Republicans: 13824 (8515%)

The Senate version:
Southern Democrats: 120 (595%)(only Ralph Yarborough of Texas voted in favor)
Southern Republicans: 01 (0100%)(John Tower of Texas)
Northern Democrats: 451 (982%)(only Robert Byrd of West Virginia voted against)
Northern Republicans: 275 (8416%)
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#28730 Oct 25, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
So based on the latest news, people who have received notice that their insurance companies are canceling their policies outnumber those who have actually enrolled in Obamacare by 10-1.
But, but Obama promised we could keep our policies if we liked them, Obama promised we could keep our doctor if we wanted, Obama promised our health care costs would go down, but.......but.........but.
Seems like there were a whole lot of us on the Right who warned that exactly this would happen - surprise, surprise.
Those policies that are being cancelled,
do they meet the new standard,
probably not.

No surprize that junk policies are being cancelled.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#28731 Oct 25, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
...And you are way wrong in saying that "the Left tries to say the Bible justified Jim Crow and segregation". What we say is that racist conservatives used their interpretation of the Bible to justify their policies and action (are you able to follow the simple logic/nuance of that statement? hint: interpretation is the operative word).
Geez, I wonder why several southern denominations felt the need to apologize for their stance on slavery and segregation, do you think that their interpretation of the Bible supported a culture of racial hatred that lead to acts of terrorism.

Since: Jul 12

Douglasville, GA

#28732 Oct 25, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
We all missed those admissions and apologies :
- Iraq,$6 Trillion Dollars, and 5,000 dead American troops later ?
- New Orleans, "Heck of a job "Brownie", the Kentucky horse trainer and part-time FEMA Director, who showed us how "limited government leads to dead Americans" ?
- RWW policies that took us for a budget surplus to a $1.4 Trillion Dollar annual budget deficit ?
- Deregulating the Banksters, and the destruction of the banking system and mortgage industry ?
- Cheney and "Scooter", exposing the identity of secret CIA officers resulting in the torture and deaths of CIA assets ?
- Tax Cuts for the Rich that added $2.5 Trillion Dollars to the national debt ?
- The Great Bush Recession, that so far has cost us $12.5 Trillion Dollars ?
-09/11, where RWWs were so busy sucking up to heir Saudi business partners and friends they allowed 3,000 Americans to be murdered, and $3 Trillion Dollars damage done ?
- The protection of, and/or failure to capture or kill bin Laden, the architect of the 09/11 attack ?
Help us out, and tell us when Right Wing Wackos acknowledges their insanity, incompetence, or avarice, and apologized for the inevitable disasters caused by their policies.
You have no reading comprehension skills do you? Synergy was making an apology that she had written something on Topix that was not correct and admitted it. She corrected her mistake out in the open for God and all to see on Topix. Several others including myself have openly admitted errors when we see them on Topix. I was referring to Topix which any fool could figure out. Perhaps it was my fault for not making it absolutely clear for people such as yourself, that not only was I inferring to Topix, but should have spelled out Topix.
As far as the long post that you wrote I honestly admit, I didn't read.

Warrenton, VA

#28733 Oct 25, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
Geez, I wonder why several southern denominations felt the need to apologize for their stance on slavery and segregation, do you think that their interpretation of the Bible supported a culture of racial hatred that lead to acts of terrorism.
LOL - It would appear so. What is truly remarkable to me is the tenacity with which folks like "Aggie" cling to what is nothing more than utter nonsense. It's no wonder that the likes of Ted Cruz feel so empowered. They have the fevered and unquestioned support of folks like "Aggie" et. al.

Douglasville, GA

#28734 Oct 25, 2013
ChicknButt wrote:
Just in case you STILL don't believe you're an idiot - Let's isolate ONE of your opinions you've expressed.
<quoted text>
BWAHAHAHAHA!!!
My conclusion stands. You RWW Propaganda-Slurpers just don't live in the real world. All of your information is wrong - which is why you consistently, 100% of the time, end up with wrong conclusions.
<quoted text>
OMG! You Whacko's are funny. Useless, stupid and dangerous, but funny.
Want to take a guess just who I think is the most dangerous poster on Topix?---Well here is a clue.
It very well may be you.

Douglasville, GA

#28735 Oct 25, 2013
ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
You know - if there's any issue both parties should be able to agree on it's immigration reform. At least it is ASSUMING the goal is a common-sense solution that's good for America. Unfortunatly, like everything else it will be twisted and turned for profit, power and political gain - and what's good for America will be so far down the list of priorities on the issue that nobody will even think about it.
The starting premise should be this: America is for Americans. We need a solution for controlling who enters our country that is the best compromise of affordable, effective, and fair and in our best interests.
That simple.
Of course we should be humane. If somebody entered illegally 10 years ago - has a couple of children born in America and raised here, the family speaks english, the person has proven themselves to not be a criminal and able to hold employment and pay their bills- we SHOULD allow them to stay. That should be a one-time deal. Everyone else should get booted out.
After that we should allow immigrants into our country only if they bring something to the table- like a college education in a field we need.
We should DRASTICALLY cut down on foreign enrollment into our universities. Why we export Americas knowledge to other countries and teach them nuclear physics, etc is beyond me. America has a strong university system. Keeping it for Americans raises our competitiveness in the world market.
Mexico needs to be working every bit as hard on their side of the border to prevent her people from crossing it as we are on our side. It should be done at her expense. We could make that happen with strong trade agreements.
Not so hard - everybody should be able to live with that.
What will actually happen? I guarantee a political 3-ring circus.
Seems to me that the Amnesty bill passed under Reagan was a one time thing. Now are you saying that it is again a one time thing? I still have that bridge in Brooklyn for sale.

Douglasville, GA

#28736 Oct 25, 2013
whom wrote:
don't know if this is a real letter or not, but it does express the sentiments of many folks...
Alan Simpson, the Senator from Wyoming calls senior citizens the Greediest Generation as he compared "Social Security " to a Milk Cow with 310 million teats. Here's a response in a letter from PATTY MYERS in Montana ... I think she is a little ticked off! She also tells it like it is!
"Hey Alan, let's get a few things straight!!!
1. As a career politician, you have been on the public dole (tit) for FIFTY YEARS.
2. I have been paying Social Security taxes for 48 YEARS (since I was 15 years old. I am now 63).
3. My Social Security payments, and those of millions of other Americans, were safely tucked away in an interest bearing account for decades until you political pukes decided to raid the account and give OUR money to a bunch of zero losers in return for votes, thus bankrupting the system and turning Social Security into a Ponzi scheme that would make Bernie Madoff proud.
4. Recently, just like Lucy & Charlie Brown, you and "your ilk" pulled the proverbial football away from millions of American seniors nearing retirement and moved the goalposts for full retirement from age 65 to age, 67. NOW, you and your "shill commission" are proposing to move the goalposts YET AGAIN.
5. I, and millions of other Americans, have been paying into Medicare from Day One, and now "you morons" propose to change the rules of the game. Why? Because "you idiots" mismanaged other parts of the economy to such an extent that you need to steal our money from Medicare to pay the bills.
6. I, and millions of other Americans, have been paying income taxes our entire lives, and now you propose to increase our taxes yet again. Why? Because you "incompetent bastards" spent our money so profligately that you just kept on spending even after you ran out of money. Now, you come to the American taxpayers and say you need more to pay off YOUR debt.
To add insult to injury, you label us "greedy" for calling "bullshit" to your incompetence.
Well, Captain Bullshit, I have a few questions for YOU:
1. How much money have you earned from the American taxpayers during your pathetic 50-year political career?
2. At what age did you retire from your pathetic political career, and how much are you receiving in annual retirement benefits from the American taxpayers?
3. How much do you pay for YOUR government provided health insurance?
4. What cuts in YOUR retirement and healthcare benefits are you proposing in your disgusting deficit reduction proposal, or as usual, have you exempted yourself and your political cronies?
It is you, Captain Bullshit, and your political co-conspirators called Congress who are the "greedy" ones. It is you and your fellow nutcase thieves who have bankrupted America and stolen the American dream from millions of loyal, patriotic taxpayers.
I have removed part of the previous post to have room to express my thoughts.
I have been screaming the same thing on Topix since I started posting. Social Security is not an entitlement as many want you to think. People have payed into this so called fund since they were probably 16 years old. Their employer's have paid an equal share into the fund since people started paying their money into Social Security.
What happens to the individuals S.S. money if he or she dies early or dies before they even draw it? The government keeps it. It can not be inherited.
What happened to the Trillion dollars that the government took out of Social Security and wrote I.O.U.'s for? Spent on wars and social programs. Much of it today is being spent on Social Security Disability claims which has skyrocketed under the Obama Administration.
There is no such thing as a Social Security Fund anymore as that was done away with and the money is now placed in the General Fund which is used and spent on anything sees fit.

Douglasville, GA

#28737 Oct 25, 2013
QUOTE who="whom"]
don't know if this is a real letter or not, but it does express the sentiments of many folks...
Alan Simpson, the Senator from Wyoming calls senior citizens the Greediest Generation as he compared "Social Security " to a Milk Cow with 310 million teats. Here's a response in a letter from PATTY MYERS in Montana ... I think she is a little ticked off! She also tells it like it is!
"Hey Alan, let's get a few things straight!!!
1. As a career politician, you have been on the public dole (tit) for FIFTY YEARS.
2. I have been paying Social Security taxes for 48 YEARS (since I was 15 years old. I am now 63).
3. My Social Security payments, and those of millions of other Americans, were safely tucked away in an interest bearing account for decades until you political pukes decided to raid the account and give OUR money to a bunch of zero losers in return for votes, thus bankrupting the system and turning Social Security into a Ponzi scheme that would make Bernie Madoff proud.
4. Recently, just like Lucy & Charlie Brown, you and "your ilk" pulled the proverbial football away from millions of American seniors nearing retirement and moved the goalposts for full retirement from age 65 to age, 67. NOW, you and your "shill commission" are proposing to move the goalposts YET AGAIN.
5. I, and millions of other Americans, have been paying into Medicare from Day One, and now "you morons" propose to change the rules of the game. Why? Because "you idiots" mismanaged other parts of the economy to such an extent that you need to steal our money from Medicare to pay the bills.
6. I, and millions of other Americans, have been paying income taxes our entire lives, and now you propose to increase our taxes yet again. Why? Because you "incompetent bastards" spent our money so profligately that you just kept on spending even after you ran out of money. Now, you come to the American taxpayers and say you need more to pay off YOUR debt.
To add insult to injury, you label us "greedy" for calling "bullshit" to your incompetence.
Well, Captain Bullshit, I have a few questions for YOU:
1. How much money have you earned from the American taxpayers during your pathetic 50-year political career?
2. At what age did you retire from your pathetic political career, and how much are you receiving in annual retirement benefits from the American taxpayers?
3. How much do you pay for YOUR government provided health insurance?
4. What cuts in YOUR retirement and healthcare benefits are you proposing in your disgusting deficit reduction proposal, or as usual, have you exempted yourself and your political cronies?
It is you, Captain Bullshit, and your political co-conspirators called Congress who are the "greedy" ones. It is you and your fellow nutcase thieves who have bankrupted America and stolen the American dream from millions of loyal, patriotic taxpayers.
I have removed part of the previous post to have room to express my thoughts.
I have been screaming the same thing on Topix since I started posting. Social Security is not an entitlement as many want you to think. People have payed into this so called fund since they were probably 16 years old. Their employer's have paid an equal share into the fund since people started paying their money into Social Security.
What happens to the individuals S.S. money if he or she dies early or dies before they even draw it? The government keeps it. It can not be inherited.
What happened to the Trillion dollars that the government took out of Social Security and wrote I.O.U.'s for? Spent on wars and social programs. Much of it today is being spent on Social Security Disability claims which has skyrocketed under the Obama Administration.
There is no such thing as a Social Security Fund anymore as that was done away with and the money is now placed in the General Fund which is used and spent on anything sees fit.

Douglasville, GA

#28738 Oct 25, 2013
I said that the government borrowed a Trillion dollars and I meant to write 2 Trillion dollars. A pretty big difference.
ChicknButt

Norcross, GA

#28739 Oct 25, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
For some strange reason, CB is convinced that if he says it, it's true. INDISPUTABLE is his favorite word. He slams our sources and then posts from the sources you mentioned plus some other ridicuously extreme left wing sites and thinks HIS sources of information is INDISPUTABLE. He has always been like that. Weird, huh? Very childlike.
Yeah? Oh Yeah?!

Well - You're a loonie. So there! ;p

Douglasville, GA

#28740 Oct 25, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
I said that the government borrowed a Trillion dollars and I meant to write 2 Trillion dollars. A pretty big difference.
I apologize for the above actual double post as I had difficulty in posting it. The server wouldn't accept it, so I am as surprised to see two of them as you are.
ChicknButt

Norcross, GA

#28741 Oct 25, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
You voted for Obama TWICE.'nuff said about slurping propaganda. You libs are BLOATED with propaganda. Bwa-ha-ha.
You DO know what propaganda means, don't you?
ChicknButt

Norcross, GA

#28742 Oct 25, 2013
Laughing at you wrote:
<quoted text>
I do say it reminds me of your wife doing me.
It would be pretty difficult to be any lessy classy than that, wouldn't it?

Doing your part to maintain the Republican stereo-type of uneducated nascar and truck-pull trash. Good job.

What you SHOULD do is apologize. I'm not betting on it though.
ChicknButt

Norcross, GA

#28743 Oct 25, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Want to take a guess just who I think is the most dangerous poster on Topix?---Well here is a clue.
It very well may be you.
C'mon BigDave - we know you can't handle the truth - but don't be skeered..
Informed Opinion

United States

#28744 Oct 25, 2013
ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>Um, correct me if I'm wrong, but don't Republicans WANT immigration reform?

But they're putting it off because their butts still hurt after the LAST time the did something stupid and it bit them in their tails?

Republicans - replace them with 5-year-olds and you'd never know the difference.
Immigration Reform, like the Affordable Healthcare Act, was a Republican idea, long before the Democrats pushed it.

I am just waiting for the day when Teapublicans can tell the truth, or at least be consistent, on any issue.
Informed Opinion

United States

#28745 Oct 25, 2013
whom wrote:
<quoted text>Really?? Really Real???

A court case over medical records???

Is this the best you can do lame man??? a lame attempt dated back to 2004??
So you'll still stuck in the 2000-2008 time period, in a time warp are you???

Heck, with Obamacare, everyone is gonna know your medical records.
Yours probably will reveal a couple of mental counselings, one time spent under lock and key. Several cases of Gastroenteritis caused from a lifelong case of libroid hemmorrhoids.
Really ?

Evidence that your Right Wing Wacko God is a drug addled, narcotics trafficking criminal trying to avoid criminal conviction by suppressing evidence from the cops over a technicality so arcane even his numerous fancy law firms.

Really ?

That's your point ?

Great to hear Right Wing Wackos support narcotic trafficking criminals and their high priced lawyers.
ChicknButt

Norcross, GA

#28746 Oct 25, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems to me that the Amnesty bill passed under Reagan was a one time thing. Now are you saying that it is again a one time thing? I still have that bridge in Brooklyn for sale.
So just for the sake of clarification:

You would boot an 11-year old girl born and raised in this country and who has NEVER been to Mexico - who went to elementary school here, has friends here, might not even speak Spanish - you would boot her to Mexico? Her father and mother are both employed, living in the suburbs, never paid their bills late, go to church every sunday, never been arrested -

How about a 19-year old college kid that was born here and has never been to Mexico? Would you boot them?

You would do that? That's cold man.

I have no problem throwing single people out, gang-members, criminals, people without a stable address, even families that have kids younger than 2 or 3 - dang near everybody -

But a family that's raised kids here for a decade and proven themselves to be model citizens except for the fact they're not citizens?- Personally I think it would be cruel and pointless.
Informed Opinion

United States

#28747 Oct 25, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>Seems to me that the Amnesty bill passed under Reagan was a one time thing. Now are you saying that it is again a one time thing? I still have that bridge in Brooklyn for sale.
Ronnie Ray-Gun, the Teapublicans' God ?

The guy who gave amnesty to 12 million illegals so he could provide cheap labor to take away Americans' jobs increasing corporate profits ?

The guy who attacked unions so the middle class would be destroyed increasing corporate profits ?

The guy who cut taxes on the rich to make the rich richer and the middle class poorer ?

The guy who exploded the deficit and tripled the national debt ?

The guy who had more officials indicted and convicted of corruption than any other administration in history ?

What a perfect example of Teapublican policies at work.
Informed Opinion

United States

#28748 Oct 25, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>Those policies that are being cancelled,
do they meet the new standard,
probably not.

No surprize that junk policies are being cancelled.
What a shame.

It's now illegal to sell brain dead Teapublicans policies that cover cancer of the left foot, if diagnosed after the age of 112, by a left-handed surgeon, on the third Thursday of the fifth month of a leap year.

Damn that Obama... Making medical policies actual cover medical issues.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brunswick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Speed Trap along the I-95 corridor in Mcintosh ... (Nov '15) Thu Sherlock 55
where in Darien can i use draw net to catch shr... Sep 2 Dvht 3
Jekyll Public Oyster Beds Aug 28 Brief 1
Jennifer aka Snow (Jun '14) Aug '17 Ja nuttz 4
Job Corps info. (Aug '11) Aug '17 Jenforbus 6
Looking Aug '17 Truth 10
are great white sharks in altamahal river ? Aug '17 FLNDN 6

Brunswick Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance