whom

Toccoa, GA

#28116 Oct 21, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course the have it locked up. That is why the Tea Party runs under the Republican Party. I am not sure if the Libertarian Party can run in all states.
The truth is the Republicans and the Democrats have it made in Washington sipping that good bourbon, living in fine houses, getting the best healthcare, Insurance, security, great pay plus what they get under the table,, wonderful perks, and not working for a living. They never break a sweat or get blisters.
Any other party that comes along to screw up their fine lifestyle must be dealt with and stopped. Pretty easy to do if you make the rules, control the news media, the IRS, with the two parties sticking together in the common cause of keeping things the same.

It's what they have always done, circle the wagons when threatened......

Since: Jul 12

Douglasville, GA

#28117 Oct 21, 2013
Bill in Dville wrote:
The link below is a good analysis/summary for those that don't understand the math of the ACA:
http://poorrichardsnews.com/post/63737924453/...
----------
Something else I saw:
A LIBERAL is somebody who wants you to think like them.
A CONSERVATIVE is someone who just wants you to think.
+1 Great Post. If most people can't understand that, this country is full of dummies that can never be a conservative as they can't think. It can't be made any simpler.

Since: Jul 12

Douglasville, GA

#28118 Oct 21, 2013
I am LMAO at this article about the New York City school system. Political Pandering and political correctness will soon have the schools empty with students on holiday. I am just sitting back and watching to see how many more cities are going to follow this example.
Just another example of dumb Americans dumbing down America.
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/10/20/muslim...
Informed Opinion

United States

#28119 Oct 21, 2013
my opinion wrote:
<quoted text>As I have posted many times, the Tea Party was a great idea, until it was hijacked the whackos, just like you. It was an attempt to explain why it happened mostly in the South, and its sadly the way it is.

"The Tea Party's opposition to the national health care program was seen as central to the 16-day government shutdown that disrupted the nation. But Cheney said that was a small price to make the nation face its global debts!"

I don’t remember the national debt being discussed very much at all; it was all about ObamaCare and the inability of the party to change it in Congress. But that’s Chaney’s selective memory trying to work.

Fact is Standard and Poor’s has put the overall economic impact of the 16 day shutdown at

24 BILLION dollars!

The new projection for annualized growth of the U.S gross domestic product DOWN to 2.4 from 3 percent

152 million dollars lost per day in travel spending, from the U.S> Travel Association

76 million lost in daily spending at national parks in 12 states

160 million the amount the economy lost from government furloughs each workday from market research firm HIS

$737.95 the amount the average consumer will spend this Holiday Season. Down 2% less than previously expected
358,000 initial unemployment claims reported the department of labor, skewed higher by the thousands of furloughed workers applying for unemployment to tide them over.

Why don't you explain to me what good the 16 day shutdown did for you or for your cause. Maybe you can do that without calling
anyone who disagrees with you names. Maybe you can do that before you Tar and Feather me for doing the same as you do on a daily basis, give my opinion.
Stop with those pesky facts, will you ?

On Right Wing Wacko Planet, facts serve no purpose.
Informed Opinion

United States

#28120 Oct 21, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>While being called "racist", "greedy", "warmongering", or "clueless" and "uninformed", may be offensive to those on the receiving end of such commentary, these terms are still just the expression of an opinion.

What I find most entertaining, and revealing, is your selective outrage at both the terminolgy used and the source of the usage. If you are going to present yourself as the rightously outraged at least be even handed with your admonishments, otherwise you come off as just another hypocritical ideologue (thanks for tip).

But hey, there's no surprises there.
Great post.

Buy way too complicated for our Right Wing Friends to comprehend.

Cognitive Dissonance requires they live in their fantasy world, avoiding reality at all costs.

Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#28121 Oct 21, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
...By the way, I think the word you were looking for was "ideologue". And it would surprise no one to find "oh my" under "examples".
Yep, as an example of a hyper-partisan ideologue let me just share this...

MON OCT 21, 2013 AT 01:00 PM PDT
The HealthCare.gov fiasco
by kos
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/10/21/1249...

President Barack Obama today addressed the disastrous launch of HealthCare.gov . Idiot Republicans squandered an opportunity to focus laser-like on the fiasco by shutting down the government, but that doesn't obscure the fact that the rollout has been a problem for a party that promotes competent governance. Republicans like to argue that government is inherently broken. HealthCare.gov , as launched, reinforces their narrative.

But you don't have to be conservative to be angry at the rollout. Yes, liberals believe that government is a powerful tool for improving the lives of people. But we don't believe in wanton waste of taxpayer dollars. Yet HealthCare.gov cost over $500 million (and counting) as the Canadian contractor overseeing the biggest chunk of the project has taken advantage of its open-ended contract to deliver a non-working product for ever-increasing rates:

The company [CGI] the largest tech company in Canada with subsidiaries around the world was initially awarded a $93.7m contract, but now the potential total value for CGI's work has reportedly tripled, reaching nearly $292m.

I won't absolve Republicans entirely for this mess, as it is their outsourcing fetish and hostility to government workers that have created a contractor culture that is fleecing the American taxpayers. But Republicans aren't in charge of Health and Human Services. Democrats are. And there were plenty of signs that CGI was generally incompetent, such as this:

Last year, the Canadian province of Ontario fired CGI and canceled a $46 million contract, accusing the company of failing to build an online medical registry on time.

By all means, please, bet the success of the most important Democratic initiative in decades on that company ...

Half a billion for a website is double what Facebook raised in investor capital before it went public. In technology terms, it's an obscene amount, and infinitely worse given what was delivered. Now, we're throwing more money at the same people who caused the problem to fix what never should've been broken to begin with.

For those of us who care about good governance, this situation is untenable. The site will be fixed, the law will ultimately be fine. But if Democrats stand for good, effective governance, there must be accountability for this messboth against the contractors who screwed things up, and with the bureaucrats and administration officials that let the situation get to this point.
gored moniker thingy

Cordele, GA

#28122 Oct 21, 2013
whom wrote:
<quoted text>
"circle the wagons, huh"- now, just where have I heard that one before..... well, at least it does lend some sort intelligence to you post....you're welcome! NOT really.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#28123 Oct 21, 2013
^^^^^ Kudos for posting an article that enumerates some of the many problems with Obamacare. But the article still highlights the blinders that the author is wearing. The Right's opposition to Obamacare was not based on "their outsourcing fetish and hostility to government workers" - it was based on MANY things, among them the recognition of the damage this would do to the American healthcare system and the history there, for everyone to see, of the government's inability to efficiently and effectively manage a undertaking of this magnitude - which was not a function of the government in the first place.
gored moniker thingy

Cordele, GA

#28124 Oct 21, 2013
whom wrote:
<quoted text>
....maybe next time you could use 'pucker marks' in your post and flatter me some more...oh, almost forgot- big dummy has already did that!
whom

Toccoa, GA

#28125 Oct 21, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
^^^^^ Kudos for posting an article that enumerates some of the many problems with Obamacare. But the article still highlights the blinders that the author is wearing. The Right's opposition to Obamacare was not based on "their outsourcing fetish and hostility to government workers" - it was based on MANY things, among them the recognition of the damage this would do to the American healthcare system and the history there, for everyone to see, of the government's inability to efficiently and effectively manage a undertaking of this magnitude - which was not a function of the government in the first place.

Now isnt he the little tag along good libroid dependent on dailykos.

First they tell him Obamacare is going to be great, he tagged along.

Next they tell him, you will be able to keep your doctor, he tagged along.

Then they tell him the cost is going to be less than what you are paying today, he tagged along.

Again they tell him there will be millions upon millions signing up, he tagged along.

They tell him the out of pocket cost will be low, he tagged along.

They tell him the signup will be easy, he tagged along.

So now here comes along a dailykos commentary to tell him the Obamacare system is a disaster, and like a good little libroid,he tags along.

So yes, he is an ideologue, always tagging along whichever way the libroid wind blows.

And no, his post is not an admittance hes wrong, its just an admittance hes willing to tag along.......behind the coattails of Obama and cohorts...
whom

Toccoa, GA

#28126 Oct 21, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:

The funniest part, and most inaccurate, of the dailykos commentary is this line, "a party that promotes competent governance."

yeah, we've seen the competence of the Obama Admin, and it ain't pretty one "little bit."
it should

Dahlonega, GA

#28127 Oct 21, 2013
whom wrote:
<quoted text>
I really dont care what you have posted in the past. Every post I've read of yours, you are usually wrong, as you are with this post. First off, you dont know squat about the tea party movement.
Second off, the Tea party is not a southern thing only, or even mostly. There are groups in northern states, western states, all up and down both the eastern seaboard and western seaboard. There are groups in nearly every State where there are patriots against federal gubmint oppression of the rights of citizens, high taxes, unfair taxes, and high national debt...
You only speak the words of all democraps, so we really dont expect any sense out of you.
In all the rest of your post you skip the part about the feds spending $30 billion LESS than they normally do....you also forget to mention the feds spend over $10 billion each day, whether or not there is a shutdown....
And FYI, National debt INCLUDES Obamacare, as does all spending by the feds. So Obamacare is on the same table as all the other budget. To say otherwise is an ignorant statement...
The good of the shutdown; puts into perspective those who support ruining America with huge exploding national debt each year, every year, for many years. The EXPOSURE of them points to the good ole boys made up of libroids and rinos...which many will be lucky to remain in office after 2014.
There are some blue dog demos who support fiscal responsibility but are beat over the head by Reid and Pelosi with clubs....some of those blue dogs are supported by the tea party fyi...
2014 elections will be the real telling of the tape, as the Tea Party has just begun, only 3 years old....while the old demo and repub parties are worn out. The public hates them to the tune of a 5% good rating for Congress....
The only thing you got correct was the rating for Congress, its at an all time low, due to the failure of the Tea Party to do ANYTHING but stonewall government.

The national debt is for money already spent that this country owes. ObamaCare is just getting started.

The 30 billion less is money that will still be spent, the money I posted is gone forever.

I have seen what the Tea Party has accomplished on a national level, the list is long, never mind its really NOTHING.

You didn't bother to answer the ONLY question that matters, what did the 16 day government shutdown engineered by the Tea Party accomplish. You didn't answer because you don't know, the answer is more harm to this country and nothing good was accomplished,
that's the history of the Tea Party results, nothing good!

The really sad thing is you don't know what you are talking about, on any level. Almost everything you say is pure bull!

One thing that you have improved on is the number of times you called me names is down. I think that's a trade off considering only one at best two comments in your post is correct, don't you.

One thing that I really believe would help our citizens have a better run government, it an IQ test at the voting booth. You wouldn't like it, but our country would function as it should.
together

Dahlonega, GA

#28128 Oct 21, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
Taken a ride down an Interstate Hwy lately? Flown on an airplane with take off and landing going as it should. Mailed a letter by the U.S. Mail to a person living on a hiking trail in Alaska,and they got it. Gone to a National Park and marveled at what you saw. Gone to the Smithsonian and done the same. Wondered how the state you live in meets its spending requirement, then find out a lot of it comes from the Federal government! Marveled at the pictures as a U.S. satellite passes by Mars. Got and cashed your Social Security check every month? Left the hospital owing almost nothing but your monthly Medicare payment? Watched our military taking care of business while we all sit around and bitch about just about everything?

Ever wonder why the U.S. with the highest cost of medical treatment in the world doesn't even make the best of the top 20 developed countries in the world? Ever pay your $1000.00 health insurance premium and stand in line at the emergency room as people with NO insurance are treated before you and wonder how can this be, they NEVER have to pay? Ever wonder why the local restaurant the first couple of weeks seems to be lost, serving mediocre food with bad service. Like ObamaCare its going to take a while to work out the kinks in a truly huge undertaking. That's what this country does well, huge undertakings. If they don't you will not have a problem getting the votes to kill it in Congress. A lot of people seem to have forgotten that's the place things like that are done. But the saddest thing is they have forgotten what this country can accomplish when we All work together.
OMTE

Ford City, PA

#28129 Oct 21, 2013
Sorry chicos..... Looks like no amnesty for ya'll.......:( Go Home!
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/...
Impeach Obama today before Schumer, Soros, and their hoards of mexican thieves destroy America!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
gored moniker thingy

Cordele, GA

#28130 Oct 21, 2013
OMTE wrote:
Sorry chicos..... Looks like no amnesty for ya'll.......:( Go Home!
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/...
Impeach Obama today before Schumer, Soros, and their hoards of mexican thieves destroy America!
Impeach Obama today! But spare jeb, please.
Informed Opinion

Cape Coral, FL

#28131 Oct 21, 2013
How Teapublicans love welfare

- if it's corporate welfare.

McDonald's Billion-Dollar Profit Is Awkwardly Close To The Amount It Costs Taxpayers Every Year

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/21/mcdo...

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#28132 Oct 21, 2013
together wrote:
<quoted text>
Taken a ride down an Interstate Hwy lately? Flown on an airplane with take off and landing going as it should. Mailed a letter by the U.S. Mail to a person living on a hiking trail in Alaska,and they got it. Gone to a National Park and marveled at what you saw. Gone to the Smithsonian and done the same. Wondered how the state you live in meets its spending requirement, then find out a lot of it comes from the Federal government! Marveled at the pictures as a U.S. satellite passes by Mars. Got and cashed your Social Security check every month? Left the hospital owing almost nothing but your monthly Medicare payment? Watched our military taking care of business while we all sit around and bitch about just about everything?
Ever wonder why the U.S. with the highest cost of medical treatment in the world doesn't even make the best of the top 20 developed countries in the world? Ever pay your $1000.00 health insurance premium and stand in line at the emergency room as people with NO insurance are treated before you and wonder how can this be, they NEVER have to pay? Ever wonder why the local restaurant the first couple of weeks seems to be lost, serving mediocre food with bad service. Like ObamaCare its going to take a while to work out the kinks in a truly huge undertaking. That's what this country does well, huge undertakings. If they don't you will not have a problem getting the votes to kill it in Congress. A lot of people seem to have forgotten that's the place things like that are done. But the saddest thing is they have forgotten what this country can accomplish when we All work together.
And the first paragraph is completely irrelevant and a strawman the Left loves to trot out. No one on the Right argues that the government has certain functions it alone can do best (and we have no problem paying taxes for those functions)- interstate highways to facilitate interstate commerce, a military for national defense, national postal service (though it has issues), providing for the TRULY needy among the obvious.

Your statement about the top 20 countries in terms of medical care is a red herring - one of their top criteria is nationalized healthcare so of course the US doesn't make it and rarely have I been in a new restaurant that didn't know it was critical to be on top of their game from the get go - and therefore was. The point is that Obamacare is both a highly predictable debacle and one that never need have happened. There were many far less drastic options that could have been implemented to solve the problem of the uninsured without attempting to implement a system whose whole purpose is to achieve the goal Obama stated in 2003 when addressing the AFL-CIO - that of a single payer health system. Those options have been discussed here many times.
whom

Toccoa, GA

#28133 Oct 21, 2013
it should wrote:
<quoted text>
The only thing you got correct was the rating for Congress, its at an all time low, due to the failure of the Tea Party to do ANYTHING but stonewall government.
The national debt is for money already spent that this country owes. ObamaCare is just getting started.
The 30 billion less is money that will still be spent, the money I posted is gone forever.
I have seen what the Tea Party has accomplished on a national level, the list is long, never mind its really NOTHING.
You didn't bother to answer the ONLY question that matters, what did the 16 day government shutdown engineered by the Tea Party accomplish. You didn't answer because you don't know, the answer is more harm to this country and nothing good was accomplished,
that's the history of the Tea Party results, nothing good!
The really sad thing is you don't know what you are talking about, on any level. Almost everything you say is pure bull!
One thing that you have improved on is the number of times you called me names is down. I think that's a trade off considering only one at best two comments in your post is correct, don't you.
One thing that I really believe would help our citizens have a better run government, it an IQ test at the voting booth. You wouldn't like it, but our country would function as it should.

Well Ugly Eve, this is the name I've given you becuase you are ashamed to post under the same name more than once or twice. so if you consider it a called name, os be it...

As for your ONLY question that matters, I answered it in my post.
Perhapos you are lacking in comprehension skills, or just fail to underand simple sentences, or just maybe so wrapped up in your crapola, your brain fails to asorb what is before your eyes....

Here it is again, "The good of the shutdown; puts into perspective those who support ruining America with huge exploding national debt each year, every year, for many years. The EXPOSURE of them points to the good ole boys made up of libroids and rinos...which many will be lucky to remain in office after 2014."

So again Ugly Eve, do you have another question? or are you just gonna be another video op for Obama in my next post....
whom

Toccoa, GA

#28134 Oct 21, 2013

A DRAMA, a staged performance, brought to you by the White House TV Production Studios

Conviently, a woman directly behind Obama nearly faints. Said to have Stage One Diabetes, the woman Karmel Allison, was among many Obamacare clients.

Of all the Obamacare clients at the gathering, how very convient to have one behind him during the video production..

Now I know libroids will say,see, this is why we need Obamacare, and all the gullible will say,yes indeed. We believe, we believe.
The astute among the libroids will say,:first fix the crapola of a website, spend more millions upon millions, no cost is too high.

Astute Conservatives will say,what a staged video op!! What a dufus of a president, what a clown.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2013/1...
whom

Toccoa, GA

#28135 Oct 21, 2013
it should wrote:
<quoted text>

So you don't mind giving up your voting rights huh....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brunswick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Power outage (Mar '07) Dec 21 Teacher 2
Rupert Blackman has AIDs Dec 17 me2youlol 3
Looking for info on Felisha Ponsell Dec 17 me2youlol 4
Georgia hospital losing $2 million a year in mi... Dec 17 northernboy62 1
Miles Crews Dec 2 just wondering 1
Teacher at MCA Dec 2 just wondering 1
Camden County arrests 14 registered sex offende... Nov 27 LonePalm Sux 8
Brunswick Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web