Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#27275 Oct 15, 2013
"MSNBC contributor and columnist Irin Carmon appeared on MSNBC with Martin Bashir on Monday where she said that the person who brought a Confederate flag to a tea party protest in Washington D.C. over the weekend may have been trying to threaten President Barack Obama.

“What exactly is the message that they’re seeking to send the president?” Bashir asked of the individual who brought a Confederate flag to this weekend’s protests in front of the White House.

“To me, this is a threat,” Carmon replied.

“This is a house where a black family lives,” she continued.“This is a symbol that is nostalgic for a time when black people were subjugated and enslaved.”

“I think there is something deeply enraging to these folks that there is a black family living in the White House right now,” Carmon added.

“I think it’s a threat,” she repeated.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/msnbcs-irin-carmon... ?
==========

Typical Leftist hysteria when people dare to protest the administration's actions. Can't be because people see the hypocrisy of closing the WWII memorial to veterans while allowing an immigration rally - of course, not - it MUST be a completely racist gathering because one moron brings a Confederate flag to the rally. And of course that is the ONE image most of the mainstream media showed in their coverage.
How do idiots like Irin Carmon have enough brain cells in their heads to remember to breath?
OMTE

Byron, GA

#27276 Oct 15, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
Soooooooo. YOUR answer is NOT to vote? Am I understanding that correctly? You can drop the self-righteous platitudes now. You just effectively rendered yourself a nonentity in this discussion. I believe you stated that the solution is we should ALL not vote. Is that correct? Do you HONESTLY think that is an legitimate plan? Seriously? Hey! If you're happy being nonexistent in the process, rock on, dude. As for me, I'll keep trying in hopes that one day someone will get it right, but I'll NEVER just not vote AND I certainly don't need someone who doesn't even take part in the process criticizing me and thinking they are a better citizen. GIVE ME A BREAK. Go screwith thy self.
Post of the Month! "Go screwth thy self"..... That was awesome!:)))

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
in spite of you

Dawsonville, GA

#27277 Oct 15, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
You should be very happy, then. You'll have your one party dictator telling you what you can and can't do. THAT will be YOUR fault. lol BTW, the conservatives are NOT going away. Not matter how much crap you make up. They are not going away. We have to stick around to save you radical leftists from yourselves.
I am getting happier every day, the Tea Party is killing itself!! To dense to believe it and to out of touch with reality to even know it's happening. You and your friends have change American in a way you had no intention of doing.

Its called The New American Center has a socially progressive streak, supporting gay marriage (64 percent), the right to an abortion for any reason within the first trimester (63 percent), and legalized marijuana (52 percent). Women, workers and the marginal would also benefit if the center had its way, supporting paid sick leave (62 percent); paid maternity leave (70 percent); tax-subsidized childcare to help women return to work (57 percent); and a federal minimum wage hike to no less than $10 per hour (67 percent).
You can read the results here

http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/10/...

I know you won't believe it, Rush, nor Beck, not even FNC are saying a word about it. Its not good for business to tell your audience they don't matter anymore!! I have seen this coming, but it just makes me giddy all over anyway.

In time we will become what we used to be, without and in spite of your type.
cant hurt

Dawsonville, GA

#27278 Oct 15, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
lol I don't even know where to begin with this typical immature drivel of yours. If you think conservatism is going away, you ARE as clueless as you have led us all to think you are. When the American people are tired of seeing their country destroyed, there will be an uptick in conservatism. I think that will be sooner rather than later. I am not older and I am most definitely not on a fixed income. I'm in a lower income bracket??? Um.....no. If I were in a lower income bracket, I would be a member of YOUR party loving Obamacare. You stereotype with the best of them. You just make it up as you go. You have a mindset and you put everyone who doesn't agree with your extreme liberal agenda into a various little slots. Hispanics are the fastest growing segment of the population? No surprise there. When you start having children at 14, that's to be expected. Are you Hispanic? If not, you might lose your place at the dinner table. L & SH. If I'm a friggin nut, you are clueless, immature, government dependent drag on society. I had rather be ME. lol You have no idea about my life. Your post is extremely immature, so I am guessing you are a child. As far as your comment about fairies, I don't know where you got your information that I don't like fairies. I love fairies. I just wish they were real. Now! It way past your bedtime. Turn off the light and nighty night.
One last thing before you become completely pointless to our society. You told some person to and I quote "Go screwith thy self". Something you should try, it might change your attitude, give it a try it sure can't hurt.
just sayin

Jefferson, GA

#27279 Oct 15, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
"MSNBC contributor and columnist Irin Carmon appeared on MSNBC with Martin Bashir on Monday where she said that the person who brought a Confederate flag to a tea party protest in Washington D.C. over the weekend may have been trying to threaten President Barack Obama.
“What exactly is the message that they’re seeking to send the president?” Bashir asked of the individual who brought a Confederate flag to this weekend’s protests in front of the White House.
“This is a house where a black family lives,” she continued.“This is a symbol that is nostalgic for a time when black people were subjugated and enslaved.”
“I think there is something deeply enraging to these folks that there is a black family living in the White House right now,” Carmon added.
==========
Typical Leftist hysteria when people dare to protest the administration's actions. Can't be because people see the hypocrisy of closing the WWII memorial to veterans while allowing an immigration rally - of course, not - it MUST be a completely racist gathering because one moron brings a Confederate flag to the rally. And of course that is the ONE image most of the mainstream media showed in their coverage.
How do idiots like Irin Carmon have enough brain cells in their heads to remember to breath?
They fancy themselves the thought police and the arbiters of all truth.
This was mildly amusing as was the post suggesting that we should accept the NBC/Esquire definition of the "new center". Why would anyone take the interpretation of "polls" that comes from the far left.
This is the progressive tactic of newspeak to redefine everything to slant left.
The problem is that there will always be a remnant that will see through this tactic of deliberate dishonesty.

“Liberals are closet raaacists!”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#27280 Oct 15, 2013
in spite of you wrote:
<quoted text>
I am getting happier every day, the Tea Party is killing itself!! To dense to believe it and to out of touch with reality to even know it's happening. You and your friends have change American in a way you had no intention of doing.
Its called The New American Center has a socially progressive streak, supporting gay marriage (64 percent), the right to an abortion for any reason within the first trimester (63 percent), and legalized marijuana (52 percent). Women, workers and the marginal would also benefit if the center had its way, supporting paid sick leave (62 percent); paid maternity leave (70 percent); tax-subsidized childcare to help women return to work (57 percent); and a federal minimum wage hike to no less than $10 per hour (67 percent).
You can read the results here
http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/10/...
I know you won't believe it, Rush, nor Beck, not even FNC are saying a word about it. Its not good for business to tell your audience they don't matter anymore!! I have seen this coming, but it just makes me giddy all over anyway.
In time we will become what we used to be, without and in spite of your type.
1. I don't CARE if YOU get married. Won't affect my life at all.
2. I don't support abortion, but I DO support choice. Won't affect my life at all.
3. The war on drugs has basically failed. I think marijuana shouldn't be illegal. I had rather face someone driving down the road that has been smoking pot as oppose to someone who is drunk.
4. The rest of your "points"(except for the minimum wage) should be left up to the individual businesses. When someone applies for a job, those would be great questions to ask. I shouldn't be taxed for their decisions.
I have included this info in many other posts. You must have missed those. Have I made it clear enough for you THIS TIME?
You are going to be paying, too. THAT makes ME giddy. For some reason, you libs seem to think you'll be exempt from all of these costs that you are so excited about.
OMTE

Byron, GA

#27281 Oct 15, 2013
The only thing MSNBC has goin for them, is, Tamron Hill is HOTT! LoL.
http://personalliberty.com/2013/10/15/faking-...
Impeach Obama Today!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#27282 Oct 15, 2013
cant hurt wrote:
<quoted text>
One last thing before you become completely pointless to our society. You told some person to and I quote "Go screwith thy self". Something you should try, it might change your attitude, give it a try it sure can't hurt.
Why would you be so excited about people becoming pointless to a society? You, of all people, should understand what that encompasses. I don't understand that mentality. Although I don't agree with much of the liberal playbook, I DO think there is a place in the political process for them. I don't support a government where no questions are asked and every single bit of legislation gets the big stamp of approval without discussion. What is happening now IS extreme, but when the president states that he won't negotiate, what can you do with that? Going by your reaction to what is happening, I MUST think that if a conservative were president right now and if he/she had conducted the business of our country in the very same way, YOU would be behind THAT president 100%. Right? You seem to have trouble understanding the backlash from the Right. That tells me that you would TOTALLY support a conservative president doing the VERY SAME THINGS that have been happening for the past five years. I await your response.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#27283 Oct 15, 2013
just sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
This was mildly amusing as was the post suggesting that we should accept the NBC/Esquire definition of the "new center". Why would anyone take the interpretation of "polls" that comes from the far left.
This is the progressive tactic of newspeak to redefine everything to slant left.
The problem is that there will always be a remnant that will see through this tactic of deliberate dishonesty.
+1 Great post. About eight months or so ago, I read a poll that was taken concerning national news reporting and those who report it. NBC scored the MOST LEFT of all the stations. Brian Williams was considered profoundly left. Make sense, huh?.

Since: Jul 12

Douglasville, GA

#27285 Oct 15, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
==========
The truth that Irin Carmon is afraid of the Tea Party and the huge change in our government it would bring. It would bring fiscal responsibility, new freedoms, less regulations, smaller taxes, and common sense back to this country. It would bring a smaller more responsive government back and dump a communist/fascist government that she probably loves. She is just spreading more ant- Tea Party propaganda that the news media will pick up and publish it as a fact. Same old thing that they have been doing for years now. Propaganda, propaganda, propaganda. Say it enough times and it becomes a true fact.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
at best

Dawsonville, GA

#27288 Oct 15, 2013
just sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
So you can see thru a tactic, yet you can't see the forest for the trees. You also seem to believe you only see what you want to see. Only listen or read from a source that already agrees with you. Have the misguided idea you represent some sort of majority. Maybe the majority in the church you attend, but that's the extent of it. Its all somewhat amusing at best.
just sayin

Jefferson, GA

#27289 Oct 15, 2013
at best wrote:
<quoted text>
So you can see thru a tactic, yet you can't see the forest for the trees. You also seem to believe you only see what you want to see. Only listen or read from a source that already agrees with you. Have the misguided idea you represent some sort of majority. Maybe the majority in the church you attend, but that's the extent of it. Its all somewhat amusing at best.
Yup, I am sometimes guilty of listening to those in agreement with me, but it isn't hard to see through tactics that have been used at other times in history.
Give it a try, you might be surprised at what you find. Have a wonderful day.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
just sayin

Jefferson, GA

#27290 Oct 15, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
+1 Great post. About eight months or so ago, I read a poll that was taken concerning national news reporting and those who report it. NBC scored the MOST LEFT of all the stations. Brian Williams was considered profoundly left. Make sense, huh?.
I'd love to see that same poll done again.
mororic mutt

Cordele, GA

#27291 Oct 15, 2013
just sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd love to see that same poll done again.
I am not trying to be argumentative here, but I wish that you would explain how it is that you don't consider FNC to be part of the MSM- although they are available on every satellite/cable co. in the country, and conservatives are constantly pointing to high rating as compared to CNN, etc. So, why is it that they are not part of the MSM? This is an honest question and I am not being sarcastic.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#27292 Oct 15, 2013
mororic mutt wrote:
<quoted text>I am not trying to be argumentative here, but I wish that you would explain how it is that you don't consider FNC to be part of the MSM- although they are available on every satellite/cable co. in the country, and conservatives are constantly pointing to high rating as compared to CNN, etc. So, why is it that they are not part of the MSM? This is an honest question and I am not being sarcastic.
"I am not trying to be argumentative here"

There's a first.

Another name change or u forget how to spell moronic?
just sayin

Jefferson, GA

#27293 Oct 15, 2013
mororic mutt wrote:
<quoted text>I am not trying to be argumentative here, but I wish that you would explain how it is that you don't consider FNC to be part of the MSM- although they are available on every satellite/cable co. in the country, and conservatives are constantly pointing to high rating as compared to CNN, etc. So, why is it that they are not part of the MSM? This is an honest question and I am not being sarcastic.
Fox, love or hate does counter what is available through the big three broadcast networks, the AP, the New York Times and Washington Post. I actually haven't watched any TV news in many months.
I heard a pretty accurate (or at least I found it accurate) description of the so-called MSM. It was referred to as the "Pop Culture Media".
In many respects both left leaning and right leaning so called media oulets have become this. They all play to their "side" and have turned news reporting into commentary/entertainment. For all of the left's hatred of Rush Limbaugh, I find it interesting that they have tried to mimic him, although poorly.
Ed Schultz? Lawrence O'Donnell? Really? These are two hate filled foul mouthed bigots that a few years ago, would never have been allowed to curse a viewing audience as they do today.
It is odd how we are so fixated on things only in America and only from a political point of view.
I have my views as you have yours. Have they changed over time? For me the answer is yes, I have become less interested in my side and more interested in right vs. wrong. I'll bet you might say something similar.
I think we would all like to see some truth from an unfiltered source, but since reporting is first subjective and second an entertainment industry, we may well go on wanting forever.
Why do we take it so personally when our sides are criticized? Pride?
mororic mutt

Cordele, GA

#27295 Oct 15, 2013
just sayin wrote:
<quoted text>Fox, love or hate does counter what is available through the big three broadcast networks, the AP, the New York Times and Washington Post. I actually haven't watched any TV news in many months.
I heard a pretty accurate (or at least I found it accurate) description of the so-called MSM. It was referred to as the "Pop Culture Media".
In many respects both left leaning and right leaning so called media oulets have become this. They all play to their "side" and have turned news reporting into commentary/entertainment. For all of the left's hatred of Rush Limbaugh, I find it interesting that they have tried to mimic him, although poorly.
Ed Schultz? Lawrence O'Donnell? Really? These are two hate filled foul mouthed bigots that a few years ago, would never have been allowed to curse a viewing audience as they do today.
It is odd how we are so fixated on things only in America and only from a political point of view.
I have my views as you have yours. Have they changed over time? For me the answer is yes, I have become less interested in my side and more interested in right vs. wrong. I'll bet you might say something similar.
I think we would all like to see some truth from an unfiltered source, but since reporting is first subjective and second an entertainment industry, we may well go on wanting forever.
Why do we take it so personally when our sides are criticized? Pride?
great post, and I agree with nearly everything that you said. My (main) point is that FNC is hugely popular- and ,by definition, that makes it part of the MSM. My other point is that I believe conservatives sometimes see themselves as 'us against the world', while at other times would like for everyone to think that they speak for the majority of Americans- tough to have it both ways. Thanks for an honest, non-insulting answer.
Informed Opinion

Naples, FL

#27296 Oct 15, 2013
mororic mutt wrote:
<quoted text>great post, and I agree with nearly everything that you said. My (main) point is that FNC is hugely popular- and ,by definition, that makes it part of the MSM. My other point is that I believe conservatives sometimes see themselves as 'us against the world', while at other times would like for everyone to think that they speak for the majority of Americans- tough to have it both ways. Thanks for an honest, non-insulting answer.
The problem is that people think the MSM is "liberal", when it's actually corporately owned and already Right Wing.

For isn't "Conservative", or even "Right Wing" - it's off the charts wacko.
whom

Broken Arrow, OK

#27297 Oct 15, 2013
bored monitor wrote:
<quoted text>
"I am not trying to be argumentative here"
There's a first.
Another name change or u forget how to spell moronic?

Now that is funny, and I will rate it as such, also brilliant.
whom

Broken Arrow, OK

#27298 Oct 15, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is that people think the MSM is "liberal", when it's actually corporately owned and already Right Wing.
For isn't "Conservative", or even "Right Wing" - it's off the charts wacko.

We were hoping you were gone for good, but I see we have no such good luck. go break another leg for a few weeks...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brunswick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jekyll Island Music Thread (Nov '14) 11 hr Musikologist 4
Speed Trap along the I-95 corridor in Mcintosh ... (Nov '15) Sep 25 Tracey 12
Judge Jean Bolin (May '12) Sep 23 Ryalsrollin 13
What McIntosh/Darien does not want you to know (May '13) Sep 18 Wayne white 27
Looking for info on Felisha Ponsell (Dec '14) Sep 12 Helpfulcitizen 10
pillpoppers (Nov '10) Aug '16 sick 11
Local cop rides with 1%MC club (Sep '13) Aug '16 Anonymous 15

Brunswick Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance